Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies (182475 Views)

Who Has Tried Out Pillow Fund For Investing In Dollars With Naira? / Legit Way Of Earning Dollars To Your Account Today,no Scam / Naijacopy’s Guide To Brandable Domain Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by mobiss(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2020
Please, what could be the reason for submitted names that are live on SH not showing up in search box when searched for?

I hace two names that are live on SH, but when I searched for them to see what the logo looks like I couldn't find those names.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 6:03pm On May 25, 2020
mobiss:
Please, what could be the reason for submitted names that are live on SH not showing up in search box when searched for?

I hace two names that are live on SH, but when I searched for them to see what the logo looks like I couldn't find those names.

Q1.Has the name been registered?

Q2. If yes, Is it a premuim listing?
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by mobiss(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2020
Yes! I registered those names before submitting them on SH, and they are not premium. They are Basic and Basic+.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 10:50pm On May 25, 2020
mobiss:
Yes! I registered those names before submitting them on SH, and they are not premium. They are Basic and Basic+.

Do you see searchable as shown in the screenshot?

Did the name recieve 3 positive review from expert reviewers?

hope you listed it on afternic & other marketplaces too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by mobiss(m): 11:03pm On May 25, 2020
I don't know the numbers of expert reviews it had before going live. And I have one of it listed on Afternic before submitting it for SH approval.
The second one, I was told to change the DNS to only SH DNS. So, I couldnt add afternic DNS to it.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by AroFx: 11:06pm On May 25, 2020
Please help
SH live chat is not working
Is it because I'm using opera
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by mobiss(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2020
Mccainreal:

Do you see searchable as shown in the screenshot?

Did the name recieve 3 positive review from expert reviewers?

hope you listed it on afternic & other marketplaces too

I got this from the customer support.

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by AroFx: 11:38pm On May 25, 2020
mobiss:

I got this from the customer support.

Which means did you use to contay them
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by mobiss(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2020
AroFx:

Which means did you use to contay them

I don't get you,please?
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by FuckHomophobes: 8:15am On May 26, 2020
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by AroFx: 11:27am On May 26, 2020
mobiss:

I don't get you,please?

Through which means did you use to message them
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by greatdesire: 1:03pm On May 26, 2020
Name submitted on SH for some days now is still on pending.

Also, the pre-approved is still yet to be registered despite the chat with their CS unit.

Who is also experiencing this?

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 1:43pm On May 26, 2020
greatdesire:

Also, the pre-approved is still yet to be registered despite the chat with their CS unit.

Read the last 2 page

This has been discussed.

You will find the answer you seek

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2020
ikhalyfah:
Sure @bolded

Thank you.

I have crossed 50names and they are yet to upgrade me.
I'll gve till end of week and see what will happen.
have they upgraded you?
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by ikhalyfah(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:
have they upgraded you?
No ooo.
I'm just looking at them with one eye.
When i have their time we go do am
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2020
ikhalyfah:

Honestly I'm still trying to grasp the marketplace. The fact is they are not consistent. Last month i had 29accepted, Last 2weeks i had 12 accepted, last week 7, and dis week ZERO, u can see their inconsistency. If it's about mastering, i believe i should be improving rather than decreasing. But they are not consistent.

Nonetheless, all i can say is study their keywords, and focus on 2compound words, if at all u want to see acceptance. Forget madeUp and blend
Chief, let's stop advising people out of our own "failures." We are all different. What's difficult for you may be smooth ride for others. Encourage people to try out the different name compositions available, in order to discover where their strength lies.

That you find blends/made up names hard to grasp doesn't mean others will. Some may be more successful with those than with compound names.

Keep up the good work though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by ikhalyfah(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:

Chief, let's stop advising people out of our own "failures." We are all different. What's difficult for you may be smooth ride for others. Encourage people to try out the different name compositions available, in order to discover where their strength lies.

That you find blends/made up names hard to grasp doesn't mean others will. Some may be more successful with those than with compound names.

Keep up the good work though.
Sure everybody for his own. What is a hige failure for me could be a food for others.
Everybody, read the above post, TWICE. and see wat works for u.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2020
owolabi5:

Like EVOOMI/COM

I m still trying to figure this out
I feel you bro. But the problem is that most of us generally see brandables through the lenses of English language.

The companies that buy these "weird" names may not even be in an English speaking area. Evoomi may even contain root word(s) from another language that perfectly fit into that company's ideas.

We keep moving sha.

PS:
I have said this before But I will add. Most of us look at only 2 areas on SH when trying to get ideas for names to submit - New Arrivals and Recently Sold. We forget a third, which "MAY" even be more directional than the first two - Contest Holder's Descriptions of what they want.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 2:31pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:

I feel you bro. But the problem is that most of generally see brandables through the lenses of English language.

The companies that buy these "weird" names may not even be in an English speaking area. Evoomi may even contains root word from another language that perfectly fits into that company's ideas.

We keep moving sha.

PS:
I have said this before But I will add. Most of us look at only 2 areas on SH when trying to get ideas for names to submit - New Arrivals and Recently Sold. We forget a third, which "MAY" even be more directional than the first two - Contest Holder's Descriptions of what they want.

CH description/brief might be too cumbersome for some folks, they can settle for contest winning names

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2020
themccainreal:

This is an Invented name. The company will give it a meaning and recognition.

whats the meaning of Xerox? Photocopying machine company for that matter

But now, you dont question its meaning again, when you see the name, Photocopiers will come to your mind

Uber nko ?

I once submitted a name to an SH contest, Uppcadotcom, the contest holder shorlisted the name, bros con ask me what it means?

Till date, he is still waiting for the answer. I wasnt ready to crack my head at that time

I have about 21names I havent classified or described. Its difficult to come up with description of some names

Some of these names are not meaningless. You think Xerox fell from the sky?

****************†**********"

The company was founded in 1906 as the Haloid Company, a manufacturer and distributor of photographic paper. In 1947 the firm obtained the commercial rights to xerography, an imaging process invented by Chester Carlson

Renamed the Haloid Xerox Company in 1958, the company introduced the 914 xerographic copier in 1959. The process, which made photographic copies onto plain, uncoated paper, had been known for some time, but this was its first commercial application.

The product brought so much success and name recognition that the company has waged a continuing campaign to prevent the trademark Xerox from becoming a generic term. The company changed its name to Xerox Corporation in 1961.
**********"*****************

Let's research more. It appears to me now that we mostly make assumptious conclusions here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2020
virtuedagirl:

I love the name and I see a lot of name like this selling on SH. That's branding, with this the buyer can create their own brand as it very unique
Exactly. Some contest holders will even request that names must not appear on Google search, because they don't want any competition with the name. They want only their company to appear when people search for the name.

3 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2020
owolabi5:

I get ur drift but the issue is when you try submitting such names your rejection rate will be higher than OLUMO ROCK!!
so it's SH fault that your name is rejected? Hmm. Okay oo.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2020
mobiss:

Probably due to several factors, but one may be because the nameservers are not yet pointing to SH's NS.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2020
greatdesire:

This precious time you are wasting on checking an already submitted/pre-approved name, I advise you to channel it towards finding more names to submit.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2020
Mccainreal:

CH description/brief might be too cumbersome for some folks, they can settle for contest winning names

What gives you more insight, sharpens your skill, and gives you greater latitude for exploring uncharted territories?

1. A name
2. The idea behind the name

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
Koats14:
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I had requested since April 22nd, and till now, it's still pending. I guess it isn't normal for domain reviews to take that long, or is it?
very normal
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 5:08pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:

Some of these names are not meaningless. You think Xerox fell from the sky?

No name falls from the sky, never insinuated that.

There is always a story behind a name.

Its a bussiness/service that will give meaning to some names especially when the word cannot easily be deciphered. This is the point i was trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 5:15pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:

What gives you more insight, sharpens your skill, and gives you greater latitude for exploring uncharted territories?

1. A name
2. The idea behind the name

No 2 The idea behind a name but there are times, this will be useless to you.

When a contest holder chooses a name because it sounds like his late fathers name or the pronounciation reminds him of his favorite pet or nephew

When a person chooses a name just because they like how it sounds

In this scenerio, I wont be able to make much out of it in forming other names for myself

No1 also has its place, thats why i suggested that too

2 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
Mccainreal:

No name falls from the sky, never insinuated that.

There is always a story behind a name.

Its a bussiness/service that will give meaning to some names especially when the word cannot easily be deciphered. This is the point i was trying to make.

themccainreal:

This is an Invented name. The company will give it a meaning and recognition.

whats the meaning of Xerox? Photocopying machine company for that matter

But now, you dont question its meaning again, when you see the name, Photocopiers will come to your mind

You made a direct reference to Xerox as a brand name that was simply made up, which is not true. You can use another company as an example but not Xerox. It was formed from the word Xerography.

By the way, some names are absolutely meaningless. Some names have no "story" behind them. Example is Kodak.

2 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2020
Mccainreal:

No 2 The idea behind a name but there are times, this will be useless to you.

When a contest holder chooses a name because it sounds like his late fathers name or the pronounciation reminds him of his favorite pet or nephew

When a person chooses a name just because they like how it sounds

In this scenerio, I wont be able to make much out of it in forming other names for myself

No1 also has its place, thats why i suggested that too
For the bolded to be your first conclusion no matter the number of "buts" you added to it, then we all know the one that weighs in more.
Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by Mccainreal: 6:16pm On May 26, 2020
tranxo:

By the way, some names are absolutely meaningless. Some names have no "story" behind them. Example is Kodak.

There is always a story. even if a name is choosen because of how it sounds, thats still a story.

meanwhile far back 1935, in Stari Kodaky(ukarine), the kodak fotress was built.

Kodak photography company was named in 1907.

Either way, if a name is meaningless, the brand will give it a meaning. when Kodak is mentioned, na picture naim dey come ur mind nor be fotress

4 Likes

Re: Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies by tranxo(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2020
Mccainreal:

There is always a story. even if a name is choosen because of how it sounds, thats still a story.

meanwhile far back 1935, in Stari Kodaky(ukarine), the kodak fotress was built.

Kodak photography company was named in 1907.

Either way, if a name is meaningless, the brand will give it a meaning. when Kodak is mentioned, na picture naim dey come ur mind nor be fotress
It's like you enjoy going off point.

What was my argument? You said Xerox was meaningless.

I said, no it's not. Simple.

Then I said Kodak was meaningless.

And you went on to say 3 unrelated things in one breath.

1. a brand will give meaning to a meaningless name

2. Kodak the photo company was founded in 1907

3. One Kodak fortress was built in Ukraine in 1935.

How does all these relate to our argument.....that Xerox wasn't meaningless, and that Kodak was meaningless.

From your picture, (it could not resemble anything and cannot be associated with anything else) is very much equal to MEANINGLESS.

Stick to the point. I told you earlier, if you want to give an example of a meaningless brand name, do not use Xerox. Stick to the SPECIFIC points I raised. Say things that are verifiable facts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (142) (Reply)

Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Nigeria's Top 10 Richest People / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.