Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? (242 Views)

Eddyth Obianuju Odidika Dies After Seeking Funds To Treat An Ailment / Is High Blood Pressure An Ailment? / Top 5 Wonderful Snake Bite Remedy You Can Try At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Opexzy: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
The question is ;

What is the most ridiculous treatment/remedy you have ever used or that you have seen people use/propose for an ailment?

Mine is PMS (Petrol)
It happened en route Ekiti from Lagos State... There was this girl sitting next to me in the bus. She was feeling all good at the beginning of the journey. Things took another turn after travelling almost half of the distance when she started complaining about nausea. This escalated and she began to throw up..

Our bus pulled over more than 4 times within 45 minutes. At the fifth time, the driver suggested she sip some petrol... I was like.. "Are you kidding me" .. Some other passengers in the bus backed the driver...

The girl drank the petrol, albeit little quantity and that was it... We didn't pull over for her to throw up again...

So what's your own story..?
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Iceberg3: 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
Well chloroquine. I know that sounds strange buh yeah, chloroquine,for malaria.... right medication,yep buh I took it without puritone, you know, against that bloody about three days itching side effect!!!
grin grin

Another one, everybody hates the lingering sting of an ant. I hate it,walai. I got stung one day and I was like,oh no,not again,so I'm gonna endure this lingering sting now for about one hour!!!
But then,a thought occurred to me,make multiple piercing marks on the spot of the sting,X,+,-,/,\... I did so and viola,the stinging sensation stopped!!!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by EzzyCarter: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
Applying earwax on this painful boil that came from nowhere Lmao grin ....and it was actually effective

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Spat on a stone
And then I sang ,o na na na na na na na
Adura Lo mu MI duro by oyinkanade
Then threw the stone into a river

Thunder fire that prophet

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
Drank beer onetime when I had a severe headache and woow..it cleared the headache. Felt much better.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Mhimi007(m): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Using cockroach head on my head to cure "lapalapa" ah still dey look my mama
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Remedy You Have Ever Used For An Ailment? by Unserious: 12:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Insect mud house. Used it for some swelling around the cheek. Was surprise when it disappears overnight.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto State Confirms Death Of Three Covid-19 Patients / Ekiti Dad Gets State Appointment For Rejecting His Son After Sneaking From Lagos / 9 Year Old Kid Develop A Washing Machine You Don't Have To Touch Before Washing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.