Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling (15201 Views)

Which Generator Can Power A Deep Freezer And 1.5HP AC / Help With My Haier Thermocool 180 / New Nexus 1.5hp AC with full installation kit For Sale(SOLD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hey guys please did anyone have ideas on how to set the this genpal inverter Ac to cool. U don't really understand it. I bought this Ac on Monday and i was thinking it will be super and fast cooling. Even my royal 1hp ac cool more than this. I don't know if there a setting on the remote am not getting.
This Ac is not suppose to consumed too much of power since is inverter but am even using stabiliser with it yet am getting the maximum cooling.

Please any technician with an idea should help me out. Thank you.

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by xiaomimoney: 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Just change the 33 to the lowest number. should be 16,17 or 18. Leave it for 30 minutes.

6 Likes

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
xiaomimoney:
Just change the 33 to the lowest number. should be 16,17 or 18. Leave it for 30 minutes.

Have done that, but is still showing the 33. But the remote is showing 16. It quite confusing. I don't know if there is anyone using the same Ac.

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by xiaomimoney: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Press the Gen Mode to change the Mode. Just make sure it stays on 16 .
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:05am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=xiaomimoney post=88970288]Press the Gen Mode to change the Mode. Just make sure it stays on 16 .

Is still on 16 on the remote. I thought the gen mode is use when is on generator only.

1 Like

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by xiaomimoney: 12:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Nah. Just press Reset and try to switch it to 16 maybe everything will go to default mode. Are you sure the remote is even responding?
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:22am On Apr 29, 2020
The remote is responding and have done reset. I believe that 33 is showing on the indoor unit was the room temperature then. Because now is showing 28 while in the remote is still showing 16.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by favor2016: 12:26am On Apr 29, 2020
Have you removed and cleaned the filter before?
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:28am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=favor2016 post=88971032]Have you removed and cleaned the filter before?

Is a new Ac, just bought yesterday.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by favor2016: 12:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Have you removed and cleaned the filter before? If yes, your light might be low to power it
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:31am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=favor2016 post=88971067]Have you removed and cleaned the filter before? If yes, your light might be low to power it

I was wondering since is an inverter Ac according to them is should not need plenty light to power it.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by xiaomimoney: 12:44am On Apr 29, 2020
The remote needs to respond with the indoor unit. If you can get it to 16,it will start cooling. Or call your installer to explain how the remote works.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:56am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=xiaomimoney post=88971337]The remote needs to respond with the indoor unit. If you can get it to 16,it will start cooling. Or call your installer to explain how the remote works.

Thank you. I appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Collinsade369(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Wow..! I use the same ac.
There is a button on the remote TURBO, just press it.
It will cool 2 x faster.

And let me be truthful with you, low current can't carry the ac.
Once the light is on 170v, my ac trips off
Some times I have to even put it on gen pal mode and off turbo, just to enjoy the ac
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Collinsade369(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2020
cheesy
Just get a real stabilizer 5000w and you will be ok, planning to get that too after the lock down
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by mjay2018: 11:27am On Apr 29, 2020
It doesnt work like other ac. It will start with the 33 and start reducing as it works and the room temprature cools untill the temprature is actually 20+. mine usually gets to 26 starting from 33 and light is not very good. Though it has never been as cool as the other AC.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Collinsade369 post=88983117]Wow..! I use the same ac.
It will cool 2 x faster.

Some times I have to even put it on gen pal mode and off turbo, just to enjoy the ac

Thanks so much on this response. Should press the turbo twice or just once to for it to cool faster.

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Collinsade369 post=88983117]Wow..! I use the same ac.
It will cool 2 x faster.

You mean I can use the genpal mode on nepa ligt?

I thought the genpal mode was only meant for generator and I understand it has L1,L2 ,L3.

How do you off the turbo? Thank you
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Collinsade369(m): 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=88986842][/quote]

When the ac is on, lift your hands close to the ac.
Once you press the turbo button once, instantly you will feel the ac cooling better.
The turbo button should be pressed just once.

And pls on your remote put it to the lowest (16) before you press the TURBO BUTTON.

don't worry abt the display on small screen on your ac, that one shows the room temperature.

I will be waiting for your reply to see how it goes cool
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Collinsade369(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
grin yes ooo my brother, you are correct. The gen mode should be used on generators.
But as a Nigeria man living in Nigeria, man has to adapt .
My area has low current most times sad I noticed the gen mode works for low current at 173+ but anything bellow 170 the useless ac goes off and disgrace it self lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Collinsade369 post=88999529] grin yes ooo my brother, you are correct. The gen mode should be used on generators.
My area has low current most times sad I noticed the gen mode works for low current at 173+ but anything bellow 170 the useless ac goes off and disgrace it self lol ;

Tnx for your response my brother. Am thinking of buying this LG DUALCOOL inverter too for another room.

Do you have any idea on how good is it?
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Collinsade369 post=88999309]

When the ac is on, lift your hands close to the ac.
Once you press the turbo button once, instantly you will feel the ac cooling better.
The turbo button should be pressed just once.

And pls on your remote put it to the lowest (16) before you press the TURBO BUTTON.

don't worry abt the display on small screen on your ac, that one shows the room temperature.

I will be waiting for your reply to see how it goes

Hi bro, have done like you said and there is a bit improvement gradually. But honestly it not as compact cool like my previous 1hp royal ac.

Now temperature on the small screen is showing 31, I doubt if it will ever reach the 16 as in the remote?
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=Collinsade369 post=88999529] grin yes ooo my brother, you are correct. The gen mode should be used on generators.
My area has low current most times sad I noticed the gen mode works for low current at 173+ but anything bellow 170 the useless ac goes off and disgrace it self lol ;

Are using yours with stabiliser. Because mine does not strip off even when the light current is 120+ cos of the stab am using just that am not enjoying that kind cooling compare to the 1hp royal ac i was using before.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by dake40(m): 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Tbioty:

Someone adviced me to buy Panasonic over of LG gencool, even if you buy the gencool, you'd still need a stabilizer if your voltage isn't regulated ....

I got a 1.5hp Panasonic and 5k watts stab and I'm falling in love with it... Currently using it in my 1 bedroom apartment, At 16 temperature, I'm almost frozen and I can feel it in every room and corner....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 12:02am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=dake40 post=89007226]

Someone adviced me to buy Panasonic over of LG gencool, even if you buy the gencool, you'd still need a stabilizer if your voltage isn't regulated ....

I got a 1.5hp Panasonic and 5k watts stab and I'm falling in love with it... Currently using it in my 1 bedroom apartment, At 16 temperature, I'm almost freezed and I can feel it in every room and corner....

That's good. Is the Panasonic inverter or normal Ac?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by pair36(m): 5:33am On Apr 30, 2020
I don't trust haier thermocool inverter ac anymore. I will never make that mistake to buy their inverter ac nor will I advise anyone to. I bought inverter ac last month March. My God it was a terrible mistake. It has exactly the same fault you are describing. It stays at 33°C after 6hrs. Tried everything for where. The dealers sef were confused and they couldn't tell why. I just jejely returned it after 1 week.
So my brother, try everything you want it won't cool. I believe it's a factory problem

4 Likes

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by dake40(m): 6:10am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=89008211][/quote]

normal
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by Tbioty(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=pair36 post=89010977]I don't trust haier thermocool inverter ac anymore. I will never make that mistake to buy their inverter ac nor will I advise anyone to. I bought inverter ac last month March. My God it was a terrible mistake. It has exactly the same fault you are describing. It stays at 33°C after 6hrs. Tried everything for where. The dealers sef were confused and they couldn't tell why. I just jejely returned it after 1 week.
So my brother, try everything you want it won't cool. I believe it's a factory problem [b][/b]

My brother am even regretting as well. Imagine putting on Ac from 5pm to 7am yet i slept without wearing any cloth in my body not even using duvet.

I want to buy this LG dualcool abi na gencool. Do you know anything about it.?

Which Ac are you using now and how is it working?
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by mrjojo: 9:24am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Tbioty post=89015860][/quote]
Bro return the Thermocool and get the LG GEN cool, I almost made this mistake of buying the thermocool genpal last week, thanks to the Ac installer i asked dye minute. IF you are going to buy the thermocool, better you buy the normal one + 5000 w stabilizer. I nought the 1hp LG gen cool last week and trust me it has been bliss. I sleep with a very thick sweater and duvet now, else I will freeze and sometimes I have to off it. My area light is always low(it wouldn't even carry my Hisense microwave), and the ac is working perfectly regardless. Though more expensive, 1hp is 156k + 13k installation (Foauni wouldn't sell without installation fee) think the 1.5hp is like 177k or so

2 Likes

Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by DukeNija(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2020
mrjojo:

Bro return the Thermocool and get the LG GEN cool, I almost made this mistake of buying the thermocool genpal last week, thanks to the Ac installer i asked dye minute. IF you are going to buy the thermocool, better you buy the normal one + 5000 w stabilizer. I nought the 1hp LG gen cool last week and trust me it has been bliss. I sleep with a very thick sweater and duvet now, else I will freeze and sometimes I have to off it. My area light is always low(it wouldn't even carry my Hisense microwave), and the ac is working perfectly regardless. Though more expensive, 1hp is 156k + 13k installation (Foauni wouldn't sell without installation fee) think the 1.5hp is like 177k or so

How big is your room? I plan to buy the 1hp for my sitting room which is not too big.
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by mrjojo: 8:44pm On May 09, 2020
DukeNija:

How big is your room? I plan to buy the 1hp for my sitting room which is not too big.
normal room size. You can get the 1.5 if u want it to maybe spread to other close area
Re: My Haier Thermocool Genpal Inverter 1.5hp Ac Not Cooling by nairagossip1: 1:46am On May 10, 2020
mrjojo:
normal room size. You can get the 1.5 if u want it to maybe spread to other close area

Please what's the energy consumption like from your experience

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) / Brand New Htc Hd2 - 100,000 And Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - N80,000 For Sale / Uk Used Apple Iphone 7 32gig Going For 69k,Call 08038940607

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.