Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? (13864 Views)

Interesting Story Of Bilqis & Prophet Sulaiman (may Allaah Peace And Blessings B / The Correct Meaning Of ‘laa Ilaaha Illa Allaah’ – By Shaikh Ibn Baaz / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:53am On May 01, 2020
Only ismeal or ismali knows?
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by LAguy(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2020
We can't see Allah.
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Jamariwolff(f): 9:57am On May 01, 2020
Noel19:
The only one and true Almighty God, the Prince of Peace, the Counselor, Ocean divider, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End;

JESUS CHRIST
thank you, mom of "Noel19" for giving birth to him and indoctrinating him in the light! To enable him know who the true god is, and to SEE his true god everynight. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Jamariwolff(f): 9:57am On May 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:

It's my forehead. So?

I would pick that over being a hooker, if you know what I meancheesy
terrorist!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Mbataku96(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2020
Allah is the counterfit for Jehovah

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by abduljabbar4(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2020
Jamariwolff:
terrorist!

Cry me a river. You think youare the only ones that know how be stubborn right?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Aremynart: 10:03am On May 01, 2020
Ha na wa ooo undecided
I can't imagine myself swearing to a Christian page all to go and comment rubbish there....

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Bruno3000(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Later these same idiots will be complaining that they are notallowed to Comment on Islamic threads. You will never see a Muslim doing this nonsense on a Christian or atheistic thread.
Are u no longer fasting? Why calling another Allah's creature an idiot?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by StrongandMighty: 10:06am On May 01, 2020
Aremynart:
Ha na wa ooo undecided
I can't imagine myself swearing to a Christian page all to go and comment rubbish there....

shut up joor!
almajiri

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by gafmod: 10:06am On May 01, 2020
To all my brothers and sisters on this thread,in the spirit of Ramadan,i urge you ignore all the negative comments by all the kufars. Pray I doesn't get too late for them ...

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Jamariwolff(f): 10:07am On May 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Cry me a river. You think youare the only ones that know how be stubborn right?
72 "black eyed" virgins

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Aremynart: 10:07am On May 01, 2020
StrongandMighty:

shut up joor!
almajiri

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by StrongandMighty: 10:08am On May 01, 2020
Aremynart:

Thank you.
Uwc
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by abduljabbar4(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2020
Bruno3000:
Are u no longer fasting? Why calling another Allah's creature an idiot?

IDIOTS

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by falcon01: 10:09am On May 01, 2020
Nairakris:
Because Allah is..........

Una know now grin
grin grin
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Bruno3000(m): 10:10am On May 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:

IDIOTS

Hypocritical idiot. Ur fast is in vain.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by GreatResearcher: 10:11am On May 01, 2020
Jamariwolff:
72 "black eyed" virgins
Allah has increased it to 450 virgins

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by AlBaqir(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2020
AbuTwins:
My Young Daughter Constantly asks me, ‘Why can’t we see Allah in this life?’ – Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzan

An Exclusive Translation for Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah

Shaykh Al-Fawzan was asked on behalf of a young girl the following question: [1]

My young daughter constantly asks me, ‘Why can’t we see Allah in this life?’ What is the best answer to give her as she is young?

The Shaykh (May Allah preserve him) said,

Say to her, ‘This is because you are not able to see him [in this life]. You would burn to pieces.’ It is not possible for a created being to see Allah in this life. Whereas in the Hereafter Allah gives the believer the strength and ability so he is able to see Allah. Yes.

In another place Shaykh Al-Fawzan mentions: [2]

“The Jahmiyyah and the Mu’tazilah, all of them, reject Ar-Ru’yah (the seeing of Allah) in the Hereafter. Another group exists who say, ‘Verily Allah is seen in this life and in the Hereafter.’ This is a position that is held by some of the Sufis.

The third position, and this is the true and correct stance, is that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic will be seen in the Hereafter by the people of paradise as is found in the ahadeeth that have been narrated upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and which have reached the level of Mutawaatir (such a great number of ahadeeth it is not possible that they have all been invented). However, in this life, then verily Allah cannot be seen because the people cannot endure and survive seeing Him, the Exalted in this life. When Moosa (peace and blessings be upon him) asked to see Allah, the Exalted, in this life, Allaah said:

“And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, “My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You.” [Allāh] said, “You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me.” But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, “Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers.” [Al-A’raaf: 143]

The solid mountain became dust due to the Greatness of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic. So how can a human being withstand seeing Allah [in this life]?”
References:

(1) sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=119604
(2) Shaykh Al-Fawzan’s explanation of Al-Haa’iyyah, p. 78-79
Taken from http://uponistiqaamah..com

https://abdurrahman.org/2012/09/12/my-young-daughter-constantly-asks-me-why-cant-we-see-allah-in-this-life/

This kind of understanding is defective. It's neither logical nor in line with Qur'anic understanding.

First, we cannot see Allah because anything seen is limited and has a form. Allah is far above such descriptions. He is unlimited and "nothing is like unto Him" [sura ikhlas].

Quran capped it by saying, "No vision can encompass Him but He encompasses all visions..."

Second, if the Sufi [People of Tasawwuf - Islamic mysticism] say we can see Allah in this world and the next world, they NEVER meant seeing with this two eyes. They meant "seeing" Him with the "eyes" of your heart. And that is real ma'rifat Allah.

Third, as per the so-called third opinion which the scholar boastfully said it's the right opinion, that's nothing but arrogance and exaggeration. We know such view to be Salafi view. And it is ridiculous based on the first point.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by scott04: 10:13am On May 01, 2020
OtemAtum:
Allah cannot be seen because he is in a spiritual cage with Jehovah his mate. Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for more information:

Otem Erectus 227:1. Now after this did Otem begin to say, Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda and all gods of the books are now encaged in a spiritual vacuum. And those who heard him said, keep quiet, for you are mad.
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
hmmmn otem of truth its been a long time we heard of you.
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Euegene100001: 10:18am On May 01, 2020
Allow ur god fight its own battle
abduljabbar4:

Later these same idiots will be complaining that they are notallowed to Comment on Islamic threads. You will never see a Muslim doing this nonsense on a Christian or atheistic thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Rafidi: 10:18am On May 01, 2020
AlBaqir:

This kind of understanding is defective. It's neither logical nor in line with Qur'anic understanding.

First, we cannot see Allah because anything seen is limited and has a form. Allah is far above such descriptions. He is unlimited and "nothing is like unto Him" [sura ikhlas].

Quran capped it by saying, "No vision can encompass Him but He encompasses all visions..."

Second, if the Sufi [People of Tasawwuf - Islamic mysticism] say we can see Allah in this world and the next world, they NEVER meant seeing with this two eyes. They meant "seeing" Him with the "eyes" of your heart. And that is real ma'rifat Allah.

Third, as per the so-called third opinion which the scholar boastfully said it's the right opinion, that's nothing but arrogance and exaggeration. We know such view to be Salafi view. And it is ridiculous based on the first point.

Well said.

Salafism teaches that the people of paradise can see Allah in the hereafter. But that contradicts the verses of the Quran, including the one quoted by the OP that we cant see God. (When the OP presents his Salafist views, he should stop presenting them as the whole Islamic view and nothing exists contrary to that view among Muslims or in Islam. But I'm not surprised because Salafists/Wahhabists want to monopolize Islam and issue certificates on who is a believer and who is not thanks to their Takfiri ideology).

Once Allah takes a form or shape, He becomes an idol. Or rather, He becomes like the creatures with a created image that can be grasped by the mind or even reproduced through drawing and painting or in pictures. That makes no sense.

The unlimited nature of Allah makes it impossible for Him to be reduced to a limited physical form that the limited eyes of man can see.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by YakubuA: 10:21am On May 01, 2020
AbuTwins:
My Young Daughter Constantly asks me, ‘Why can’t we see Allah in this life?’ – Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzan

An Exclusive Translation for Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah

Shaykh Al-Fawzan was asked on behalf of a young girl the following question: [1]

My young daughter constantly asks me, ‘Why can’t we see Allah in this life?’ What is the best answer to give her as she is young?

The Shaykh (May Allah preserve him) said,

Say to her, ‘This is because you are not able to see him [in this life]. You would burn to pieces.’ It is not possible for a created being to see Allah in this life. Whereas in the Hereafter Allah gives the believer the strength and ability so he is able to see Allah. Yes.

In another place Shaykh Al-Fawzan mentions: [2]

“The Jahmiyyah and the Mu’tazilah, all of them, reject Ar-Ru’yah (the seeing of Allah) in the Hereafter. Another group exists who say, ‘Verily Allah is seen in this life and in the Hereafter.’ This is a position that is held by some of the Sufis.

The third position, and this is the true and correct stance, is that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic will be seen in the Hereafter by the people of paradise as is found in the ahadeeth that have been narrated upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and which have reached the level of Mutawaatir (such a great number of ahadeeth it is not possible that they have all been invented). However, in this life, then verily Allah cannot be seen because the people cannot endure and survive seeing Him, the Exalted in this life. When Moosa (peace and blessings be upon him) asked to see Allah, the Exalted, in this life, Allaah said:

“And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, “My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You.” [Allāh] said, “You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me.” But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, “Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers.” [Al-A’raaf: 143]

The solid mountain became dust due to the Greatness of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic. So how can a human being withstand seeing Allah [in this life]?”
References:

(1) sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=119604
(2) Shaykh Al-Fawzan’s explanation of Al-Haa’iyyah, p. 78-79
Taken from http://uponistiqaamah..com

https://abdurrahman.org/2012/09/12/my-young-daughter-constantly-asks-me-why-cant-we-see-allah-in-this-life/

Rationally it is impossible to see Allah(swt) in this life for the following reasons:

Allah created everything (the entire universe, including man and life) from nothing. So the universe is limited in time and space meaning it has beginning and end. While Allah is not limited by time and space because He created the time, space and the entire universe hence Allah is not inside the universe as it is rationally impossible for unlimited being (Allah(swt)) to be contained in a limited universe so He cannot be seen in this life.
Furthermore man as part of this universe is also limited, his vision is limited hence is rationally impossible for a limited being (vision, thinking, site) to see unlimited being because is beyond the grasp of senses of man which are limited.
So with the above facts you can see that it is impossible for us to see Allah in this life, it is even impossible for us to imagine how He is or look like because even our thought is limited and cannot grasp unlimited being. But we can always sense His presence in many ways.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:23am On May 01, 2020
Allahu akbar ! Allah S.W.T can be felt in everything.

Pls let’s ignore any negative comments. This is Ramahdan.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Rafidi: 10:23am On May 01, 2020
YakubuA:

Rationally it is impossible to see Allah(swt) in this life for the following reasons:

Allah created everything (the entire universe, including man and life) from nothing. So the universe is limited in time and space meaning it has beginning and end. While Allah is not limited by time and space because He created the time, space and the entire universe hence Allah is not inside the universe as it is rationally impossible for unlimited being (Allah(swt)) to be contained in a limited universe so He cannot be seen in this life.
Furthermore man as part of this universe is also limited, his vision is limited hence is rationally impossible for a limited being (vision, thinking, site) to see unlimited being because is beyond the grasp of senses of man which are limited.
So with the above facts you can see that it is impossible for us to see Allah in this life, it is even impossible for us to imagine how He is or look like because even our thought is limited and cannot grasp unlimited being. But we can always sense His presence in many ways.

What sort of logic do Salafists propagate? If it is not logically for the Creator to be seen by the created eyes because He created everything, then why would He be seen by the same naked eyes in paradise based on Salafist teaching? Is paradise not created by Allah? Are the human eyes in paradise divine eyes? Where is the logic then? Why should there be difference in approach and claim we cant see Allah in our earthly life but we can see Him in our afterlife?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Thenorth(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2020
Allahu Akbar.. Allah is indeed great... Allah is indeed beyond our see, here on this world...

Allahu Akbar... ماشا الله...
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Champneys: 10:29am On May 01, 2020
Thenorth:
Allahu Akbar..
Allah is indeed great...
Allah is indeed beyond our see, here on this world...

Allahu Akbar...
ماشا الله...

!!!!
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Ximenez(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Why are you calling your fellow human an idiot? Is that the piss islam has taught you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by finalboss(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2020
GreatResearcher:
This doesn't make sense at all
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Revolva(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2020
This is because all are imaginary and did not really exist

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by LordReed(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2020
AbuTwins:

While this answer is sufficient for children, I don't think it is for an adult. Does any adult think that not seeing Santa is because he lives in the North Pole and only comes out 1 night out of a whole year?
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by YakubuA: 10:55am On May 01, 2020
Rafidi:

What sort of logic do Salafists propagate? If it is not logically for the Creator to be seen by the created eyes because He created everything, then why would He be seen by the same naked eyes in paradise based on Salafist teaching? Is paradise not created by Allah? Are the human eyes in paradise divine eyes? Where is the logic then? Why should there be difference in approach and claim we cant see Allah in our earthly life but we can see Him in our afterlife?

First I did not say logic I say rational because logic is based on premises ( if then etc) which is not the best way of deducing facts. So please keep it rational not logical. Beside that when the Qur'an discuss this issue it encourage us to think rationally not logically.

Secondly the Qur'an, in its entirety was revealed, to our beloved Prophet (saw) from Allah(swt) and the Messenger (saw) understood it more than any human in this universe. He (the messenger) explained to us that believers in paradise will see Allah (swt)

Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (266) from Suhayb, according to whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allaah will say, ‘Do you want anything more?’ They will say, ‘Have You not brightened our faces, admitted us to Paradise and saved us from Hell?’ Then the veil will be lifted and they will not have seen anything more dear to them than looking upon their Lord, may He be glorified and exalted. This is what is meant by ‘even more.’” Then he recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“For those who have done good is the best reward and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allaah)”

[Yoonus 10:26]

There is no contradiction with the fact that we cant see Allah in this life but we can, in shaa Allah, see Him in Jannah because this life is different from the life in Jannah and the transition between the two is death. Once we die we transit to the hereafter which has different laws than our life here. Furthermore our physical creation will change in the hereafter. Remember Allah said on that day He will remove the veil on our eyes and the disbelievers will then see the truth and recognize it that is why they will request for another life but Allah has already forbidden that.
So removing the veil could be that Allah will grant the believers unlimited vision capable of seeing the unlimited being.
And verily this very easy for Allah to do.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sultan Declares June 12 First Day Of Dhul Qadah 1442AH / Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival / Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.