Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! (2202 Views)

First Bank Nigeria Is Ripping People Off Their Money And No One Is Talking / NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 3:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Good morning NLs,

It is with dismay I bring to your notice the new way access Bank is stealing our money. They keep sending "CARD MAINT FEE-VERVE/VAT" deductions.

Despite CBNs policy that card maintenance charges should be done quarterly, access bank has made three(3) deductions, in one month (April), from my account all in the name of card maintenance fee.

It is disheartening that with the pandemic biting hard on citizens, especially on Nigerians, as people strive to survive, also shouldering the extended family, access bank has resorted to this method.

Imagine access bank making such outrageous number of deductions from all account holders: know how much day will be making every month.

Please access bank should know that this pandemic is biting hard on everyone.

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Why can’t you cover your balance
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by serverconnect(m): 3:24am On Apr 29, 2020
Not only Access Bank. Other banks do same thing.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 3:29am On Apr 29, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Why can’t you cover your balance
Done.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by genieplus86(f): 3:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Due to their high exposure to the Nigerian indigenous crude oil producers bad loan as a result of the decline in crude oil price banks like Access and UBA will seek alternative means of making money. I am not surprised. We have to be vigilant and report their excesses

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 3:35am On Apr 29, 2020
genieplus86:
Due to their high exposure to the Nigerian indigenous crude oil producers bad loan as a result of the decline in crude oil price banks like Access and UBA will seek alternative means of making money. I am not surprised. We have to be vigilant and report their excesses
True. This is not the first time this is happening. But I couldn't take it any more. Imagine making such annoying deductions from all account holders with them. The saying 'a little drop of water make a mighty ocean' comes to mind.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by callmeVIBRANT(m): 3:52am On Apr 29, 2020
This is very true.. Deductions are made almost on weekly basis
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 4:20am On Apr 29, 2020
callmeVIBRANT:
This is very true.. Deductions are made almost on weekly basis
That is way bad. They just assume no one will notice
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by potent5(m): 4:33am On Apr 29, 2020
No wonder they always persuade customers to get atm cards even when you have no need of it.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by callmeVIBRANT(m): 4:34am On Apr 29, 2020
ezeukwu1:
That is way bad. They just assume no one will notice
exactly
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by xendra: 4:48am On Apr 29, 2020
UBA is not left out.

they claimed I had 3 active ATM cards whereas they told me my card had expired and needed to be renewed but when it came to deducting it hasn't expired. then they added a third card that I had no Idea where it came from.

I sat there and said they had to deactivate it in my presence and they claimed they had, only for me to find out the next month that they only removed one because I was asking them where the third card came from. Till date they still deduct 2cards from me. I hardly use that account anymore, I'm thinking of closing it

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by simple250: 4:54am On Apr 29, 2020
I'm going to sue them personally,access bank issued an atm card for me without my approval ..they will hear from me after the lockdown ATM card na by force .
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 4:58am On Apr 29, 2020
xendra:
UBA is not left out.

they claimed I had 3 active ATM cards whereas they told me my card had expired and needed to be renewed but when it came to deducting it hasn't expired. then they added a third card that I had no Idea where it came from.

I sat there and said they had to deactivate it in my presence and they claimed they had, only for me to find out the next month that they only removed one because I was asking them where the third card came from. Till date they still deduct 2cards from me. I hardly use that account anymore, I'm thinking of closing it
Like a predator, they find innocent customers to prey on. When they will be begging you to open an account with them with tongue will be sugar-coated.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 4:59am On Apr 29, 2020
simple250:
I'm going to sue them personally,access bank issued an atm card for me without my approval ..they will hear from me after the lockdown ATM card na by force .
Na access bank way be dat o. They force you into what you don't want
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by haykay2005: 5:32am On Apr 29, 2020
access bank is very useless.even when your debit card expires, they continue to charge for maintanence. it has happened to me and a friend
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 6:28am On Apr 29, 2020
haykay2005:
access bank is very useless.even when your debit card expires, they continue to charge for maintanence. it has happened to me and a friend
The CBN needs to beam its search light on the activities of access bank.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by SKhanmi: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2020
Why I'm I not surprised grin, You'd be better off closing any account you have with them and take to your heels. Useless bank undecided
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Eberechi24(f): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2020
I don't experience this shit y'all complain about. I use access bank. Maybe because I was able to confront them when they tried it initially.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Eberechi24:
I don't experience this shit y'all complain about. I use access bank. Maybe because I was able to confront them when they tried it initially.

Complain? I tried it severally! They always find an excuse. You never can b so sure. They make little deductions u overlook. For instance, u have #150,382, they deduct say #30 or #50, well u still have ur 150k intact right? Well Think again. Multiply it by d number of times such will b made in ur account. Then check out other account holders
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by PharmaGirl(f): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Very true. They deducted from my account this morning for this same "CARD MAINT FEE-VERVE/VAT". The last deduction was just last month.
Rogues embarassed
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by phazotron(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Access charges me once a month for ATM o

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Eberechi24(f): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2020
ezeukwu1:
Complain? I tried it severally! They always find an excuse. You never can b so sure. They make little deductions u overlook. For instance, u have #150,382, they deduct say #30 or #50, well u still have ur 150k intact right? Well Think again. Multiply it by d number of times such will b made in ur account. Then check out other account holders

I complain via social media and they respond faster via Their social handles.

I take notice of any single deductions on my account. I don't delete alerts.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 10:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Eberechi24:

I complain via social media and they respond faster via Their social handles.

I take notice of any single deductions on my account. I don't delete alerts.
Ok. Could u pls help us with any of their social handles. Cos many of us, unable to go to their office, call and they b like hold on let's check. It could run in 20-30 mins, burning ur call card for u
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Cc Lalasticlala, Dominique

I needed to make an important transaction this morning, logged into the mobile app to find nothing there, not even a trace of my account. I tried USSD the same thing. Till this moment, I cannot access my funds.

If you hop on their social media channels, all you find are countless number of unresolved complaints. This bank is really biting a lot more than is chewable.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Eberechi24(f): 10:54am On Apr 29, 2020
ezeukwu1:
Ok. Could u pls help us with any of their social handles. Cos many of us, unable to go to their office, call and they b like hold on let's check. It could run in 20-30 mins, burning ur call card for u

Facebook. Access bank

Send a direct message to their inbox.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2020
Eberechi24:

Facebook. Access bank plc.

Send a direct message to their inbox.
Thanx a bunch
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Eberechi24(f): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2020
ezeukwu1:
Thanx a bunch
It's Access bank. Plc should be omitted
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by badmus1148: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Bitchlover:
Cc Lalasticlala, Dominique

I needed to make an important transaction this morning, logged into the mobile app to find nothing there, not even a trace of my account. I tried USSD the same thing. Till this moment, I cannot access my funds.

If you hop on their social media channels, all you find are countless number of unresolved complaints. This bank is really biting a lot more than is chewable.

The same happened to me this morning..
I haven't seen it till now
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2020
badmus1148:

The same happened to me this morning..
I haven't seen it till now
Is it Hubert or Herbert abi wetin be him name sef'
He non no say man pikin dey struggle
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by Swinger60(f): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
genieplus86:
Unfortunately, I use those two banks cry

Access charged me twice for card maintance this month.
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by ezeukwu1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
Swinger60:
Unfortunately, I use those two banks cry

Access charged me twice for card maintance this month.
I think we need to start raising our voices till they stop this hanky-panky practice
Re: Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! by obi4eze(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
That is why I am switching to Standard Chartered. Who maintains the card?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Flies Alone On A Multi-Million Dollar Private Jet (Photos, Video) / Importing From China / World’s Richest Country In 2050, Nigeria In Top 20 – Goldman Sachs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.