Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms (38286 Views)

Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector / Mass Demotion Looms In Police Over Alleged Lopsided Promotions / Army Council Approves The Promotion Of Senior Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by divinehand2003(m): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Mass retirement of senior staff of The Niger Delta Development CommissionNiger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) may take place today, The Nation has been reliably informed.

It was gathered the action may affect senior staff of the commission with two years or less to retire.

Some of those that may be consumed by the purge are Directors, Deputy Directors and Assistant Directors.

Also to be affected are staff with cases at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC).

A reliable source close to the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the commission, who spoke in confidence, disclosed the Prof. Kemebradikumo Pondei-led management will have a crucial meeting by 9 am today, which would be followed by a meeting with the staff to drop the bombshell.

It was also revealed Pondei and four other members of the IMC of NDDC were not happy that forensic audit of the commission from 2000 to 2019 ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari, was being frustrated by internal saboteurs.

This, it was gathered, necessitated the drastic action.

The source disclosed that most of the former top officials of NDDC and contractors that would be affected by the forensic audit have their informants among senior personnel of the commission.

It was learnt they have been divulging secrets/classified information while attempting to frustrate the activities of the IMC, which he said would not be allowed.

NDDC’s Director, Corporate Affairs, Charles Odili, couldn’t be reached on phone for reaction as at press time.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-mass-retirement-of-senior-nddc-staff-looms/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by strafist911: 9:41am On Apr 29, 2020
ok
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by TodayNAlways: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Criminal Organisation where hitherto wretched people become Billionaires overnight.
Think about Shoddy scam projects ... This fraudulent commission comes to mind.
Sacking only to re-hire more criminals to continue the brazen looting.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by DanseMacabre(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Lol. Akpabio come finally cast this place sha. Between NDDC and NNPC ah no even know which one corrupt pass.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by ojun50(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
That is good nddc and NNPC their level of thieffry is coming some else.

1 Like

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by divinehand2003(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
NDDC stinks.

That agency should completely go under the hammer and a new body should be reconstituted that will truly meet the needs of the Niger Delta communities.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Righteousness89(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
Many Things About Tomorrow,
Many Things I Don't Understand,
But I Know who Holds Tomorrow,
And I Know who Holds my Hands

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Racoon(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Meanwhile the Niger Delta is still nothing to write home about yet they're killing themselves over who gets what.So abeg flush all of them out including the minister because NDDC like NNPC have became another cesspool of putrifying corruption.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Righteousness89(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
HappyPagan:

The one who died 2000 years ago
The one who had holes his hands
Whom three nails killed
Whose mom was a virgin... So she said.
[/s]

Brother,
Turn your eyes upon JESUS
Look Full in His Wonderful Face,
And the things of this earth will grow Strangely dim,
In the light of His Glory and Grace..

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by imhere: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2020
This is getting serious

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Amotolongbo(f): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Lol. Akpabio come finally cast this place sha. Between NDDC and NNPC ah no even know which one corrupt pass.
Just as if their C stands for Corruption

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by GamalNasser: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
If I am president I will scrap this useless organization and that ministry of Niger delta and set up Niger Delta Expedited Development Marshal Fund managed directly from the presidency by men and women with impeccable reputation and eagle eyed watched by all anti corruption body .. The NDDC has achieved nothing absolutely nothing in decades of it's creation rather it is a super vehicle for obscene corruption

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by HappyPagan: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother,
I am not your brother.

Righteousness89:

Turn your eyes upon JESUS
Got better use for my eyes.. can't be looking at the corpse of a dead Jewish virgin. It's been 2000 years.. get over it Bro.

Righteousness89:

Look Full in His Wonderful Face,
Gay vibes...

Righteousness89:

And the things of this earth will grow Strangely dim,
This Earth is all I will ever have. In Her, I live and all that keeps me alive comes from Her.

Selah.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by bolaayenimo: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Mass retirement or mass prosecution?

1 Like

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by 1stola: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Good.
The young shall grow.

Only in Nigeria workers shorten their age and want to die on the job.
Greedy old folks.

MY OGA IS "47" BUT HIN YOUNGER BROTHER CELEBRATE 55TH BIRTHDAY FOR CHURCH LAST MONTH...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Tpave(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
Very corrupt entity. A guy from Dubai said that Nigeria has more mineral resources than Dubai but the only difference is in our leaders. UAE has better leaders that's why they're far developed than Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by tophumble(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
If it is in the best interest of the nation, carry on jare

Sebi na retirement no be sack, after all rest is sweat after labour
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by 9jayes: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Dem don try
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by olumide4christ: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
I knew that things like this would arise after Buhari gave the order for a forensic audit to be carried out on NDDC activities since inception last year. Now, the NDDC staff, past and present, who siphoned all the billions over the years are trying to cover up their tracks and prevent the skeletons in their cupboard from being exposed by frustrating the process.
Now we all can see that when it comes to stealing our commonwealth, tribe or religion does not come to play. To the best of my knowledge, a higher proportion of the past and present staff of NDDC were indigenes of the Niger Delta. You would expect that as patriotic citizens to their people and with the trillions of Naira allocated to the NDDC in 19 years, they would have transformed the Niger Delta into a mini-Dubai but alas, the AVERAGE Nigerian put in charge of money becomes a thief overnight.

This is why I tell those who say Nigeria should be broken up and ethnic nationalities should go their various ways, that it's a simple waste of time. The core problem of Nigeria is corruption and it's inherent in every tribe in this country, leaders and followers alike. Thus, secession is not going to help any tribe. The corrupt leaders will start ruling and the whole cycle of corruption will begin on a smaller level again.

Until we kick corruption out of our mentality as a people, we are going nowhere, either as Nigeria, Arewa, Biafra, OOdua or Niger Delta.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by rawtouch: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
ok
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by restasorto: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Okay
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by emeijeh(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Everything Mr. Lifeless touches, turns to gold goat.

1 Like

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by omoakoraye1: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
For what reason
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by money121(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
. My beloved brother and sisters on nairaland, please kindly help me and my family, we are dying of hunger, please we need food, if there is any way you help us with foodstuffs our location is lagos. Thank you all
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by kolawolebola0: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by ipobarethieves: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
sad fat cows wey don belleful b4

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms by Oluwanifemiii: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Na real wa ooh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize / My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.