Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines (3193 Views)

Please, STOP Allowing Your Dog To Mate A Cat. Just Look At The Result! / List of Dog Breeds From Africa. / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Please we really need to stop mixing breed from totally different lines. If it was a mistake don't even try to sell them to people. The mixed breed isn't registered anywhere. Don't sell something you mixed . Don't mix dogs from totally different lines.

I requested for a dog in portharcourt for a friend within the price range of 50k and I got this message this morning.

Yes we can mix some breeds for fun or to see the outcome. Sometimes it might be a mistake but don't put out the puppies for sale or put a high price.

Whoever thinks I'm overreacting I don't mind.
I'm a dog lover . I love all dogs not just pure breeds but don't mix anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by spinna: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2020
Well that escalated quickly grin

..Its bad though

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Exactly my point. People mix rott and boerboel
but not boerboel and Caucasian.
spinna:
Well that escalated quickly grin

..Its bad though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by haywhy2323: 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
What's wrong with the mix. He came out plain and told u
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yes he did but my point is we shouldn't be doing some mixing that do not make sense and we shouldn't be selling mixed breed that do not make sense because they'll be out in the market and Nigeria won't be known for quality
haywhy2323:
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by BamBamK: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
aside that, have u ever being with a temperamental dog before u will know no peace even as the owner.

Adrian98:
Yes he did but my point is we shouldn't be doing some mixing that do not make sense and we shouldn't be selling mixed breed that do not make sense because they'll be out in the market and Nigeria won't be known for quality
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
OP.... Mixing is mixing, you are just angry base on say you don't like mixing of it because it's been done by a Nigerian. Don't be surprise an American breeder can wake up one morning and start a new breed of boerboel x Caucasian mix and make it popular. I have seen many absurd breed from from different line and are popular today.

Corgi x Husky
Dachshund x Poodle
Dachshund x Great dane
Chihuahua x Putbull
Chihuahua mastiff mix etc.

There are many abnormal breed which are not in the same line coming to limelight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adrian98:

Because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it does not make sense to others.
There's nothing even wrong with Boerboel(Mastiff) and Caucasian(Shepherd) mix.

2 Likes

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
Picture of Great Dane x Poodle
Different line of breed

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
Dachshund x Great Dane

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by KingAfo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adrian98:
Please we really need to stop mixing breed from totally different lines. If it was a mistake don't even try to sell them to people. The mixed breed isn't registered anywhere. Don't sell something you mixed . Don't mix dogs from totally different lines.

I requested for a dog in portharcourt for a friend within the price range of 50k and I got this message this morning.
We shouldn’t even mix any breed anyhow. Cross breeding is wrong.

Yes we can mix some breeds for fun or to see the outcome. Sometimes it might be a mistake but don't put out the puppies for sale or put a high price.

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by KingAfo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Geepee77:

Because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it does not make sense to others.
You are not wise.
Everything is wrong with it. In life, strive for excellence, try to be the best. Do whatever it takes to get the best quality not crossing different breeds. Get wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
I honestly have nothing to say to you.
Geepee77:

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please try to get my point . It's not about the mixing done by a Nigerian or foreigner. Whether or not some mixed breed have been accepted is not the thing. My point is some are just totally absurd and unnecessary
Geepee77:
OP.... Mixing is mixing, you are just angry base on say you don't like mixing of it because it's been done by a Nigerian. Don't be surprise an American breeder can wake up one morning and start a new breed of boerboel x Caucasian mix and make it popular. I have seen many absurd breed from from different line and are popular today.

Corgi x Husky
Dachshund x Poodle
Dachshund x Great dane
Chihuahua x Putbull
Chihuahua mastiff mix etc.

There are many abnormal breed which are not in the same line coming to limelight.
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
KingAfo:

You are not wise.
Everything is wrong with it. In life, strive for excellence, try to be the best. Do whatever it takes to get the best quality not crossing different breeds. Get wisdom

Yes I know I'm not wise... Only a fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Most of the dogs we buy today were once mixed breed.

Caucasian Shepherd
Pit bull
Bull Mastiff
Great Dane
Rottweiler

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by KingAfo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Geepee77:

Yes I know I'm not wise... Only a fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Caucasian Shepherd
Pit bull
Bull Mastiff
Great Dane
Rottweiler
Yes they were clinically tested.
Went through though process before they could arrive at those breeds.
Which TEST did you go through
Or what are you trying to achieve.
Just a poor mentality
Whatever God you serve will deliver you from a myopic mentality amen ��
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
KingAfo:

Just a poor mentality

Who told you they were clinically tested? Ignorance is a disease. Please stop saying what you don't know. I actually do not buy the idea of mixing, but the way you guys are taking the issue as if it's abomination, and you are here saying God will deliver me from myopic mentality after calling me a fool. I think it's you who needs God's deliverance.
Most of you are just here looking for who to exchange insult with, so that they will say this guy's sabi insult... SMH4U, person dey big pass something naw.

*Everybody must not agree to a particular post*

4 Likes

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2020
You can potentially breed any combination of dog breeds together, or purebred dogs with mixed breed dogs, as dogs are all one species.
Crossbreeding cause fall in dog market value until they are popular and have a registered name before the price can go high.

Taking about CLINICALLY....
Dogs like Bullmastiff were bred because of the height of mastiff and strength and aggressiveness of bulldog. Same goes for other breed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Gabrokpara001(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2020
KingAfo:

Just a poor mentality

Lol clinically tested, with what ?... This issue is a controversial one both sides of the arguments re correct for various reasons, However the poster above throwing insults at someone just like that shows how immature you are
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Gabrokpara001(m): 6:43am On Apr 30, 2020
Even though i am open minded about cross breeding, i dont agree with this particular cross.... Two different mastiff type dogs can be crossed this improves both blood lines...but crossing a shepherd breed with a mastiff breed isnt ideal because the will exist a lot of inconsistent variations...i.e i wonder how the double consistent shedding coat of a CO will mix with the smooth coat of a BB...at the end the puppies may not look ideal..well at the end no one can ever be 100% right...if you re an enthusiast for "Purebred" do your background study and get one...also if someone is cool with controlled and selected crossing it doesn't mean he/she has no value on quality or one should start insulting the individual. It only shows two different options on what is quality.
As for me if i see a mix i am facinated about i ll buy it and the same way i ll buy any cute "purebred"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by agboedeh: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2020
Geepee77:
Dachshund x Great Dane
Most of all these mixes done by foreigners are usually castrated before they are sold or by the new owners.
The problem we have in Nigeria is that everyone wants to breed dogs. If the mixed breed can be castrated before sale, then there wouldn't be a problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by frowland(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2020
agboedeh:
Most of all these mixes done by foreigners are usually castrated before they are sold or by the new owners.
The problem we have in Nigeria is that everyone wants to breed dogs. If the mixed breed can be castrated before sale, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2020
Gabrokpara001:
Even though i am open minded about cross breeding, i dont agree with this particular cross.... Two different mastiff type dogs can be crossed this improves both blood lines...but crossing a shepherd breed with a mastiff breed isnt ideal because the will exist a lot of inconsistent variations...i.e i wonder how the double consistent shedding coat of a CO will mix with the smooth coat of a BB...at the end the puppies may not look ideal..well at the end no one can ever be 100% right...if you re an enthusiast for "Purebred" do your background study and get one...also if someone is cool with controlled and selected crossing it doesn't mean he/she has no value on quality or one should start insulting the individual. It only shows two different options on what is quality.
As for me if i see a mix i am facinated about i ll buy it and the same way i ll buy any cute "purebred"

Well said bro... Enough of this insult on nairaland as if we are immature. Opinions are meant to be argued upon, bring your views and let others counter it and bring their own views. Argument sharpens the brains. I love all dogs, Tho I prefer some more than some because of its purpose. Mixed breed is not good for business purposes except it has been generally but can be wonderful as pet. This is not the first time I'm seeing Mastiff x Shepherd.
Here is a picture below.

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by KingAfo(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Geepee77:

Who told you they were clinically tested? Ignorance is a disease. Please stop saying what you don't know. I actually do not buy the idea of mixing, but the way you guys are taking the issue as if it's abomination, and you are here saying God will deliver me from myopic mentality after calling me a fool. I think it's you who needs God's deliverance.
Most of you are just here looking for who to exchange insult with, so that they will say this guy's sabi insult... SMH4U, person dey big pass something naw.

*Everybody must not agree to a particular post*
So you think they just wake up one day to mix so as to get a particular breed?
*Refuse good advice and watch your plans fail; take good counsel and watch them succeed*
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Geepee77(m): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
KingAfo:

So you think they just wake up one day to mix so as to get a particular breed?
*Refuse good advice and watch your plans fail; take good counsel and watch them succeed*

You are not even certain on how cross breeding started so my dear, you cannot advice me.
To your question... The answer is Yes, they just woke up one day to start it. Go online and read how cross breeding started. No clinical test or whatsoever. Moreover why dey always castrate new breeds is to study it nature. Back in early days they cross breed anyhow. There is no need castrating mastiff mix shepherds because we already know how it looks and how they behave.
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by castins(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
You still have not answered the question, what is wrong with the mix? Is it a crime? State you facts.
Your desire may be deferent from what others want. So chill.
Adrian98:
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by koligs: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Adrian98:

This is a matter of choice!!! The dude told you in his chat that he has a mixedbreed. You guys don’t have to insult yourselves. You acted too shabby if I must say

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by koligs: 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
haywhy2323:

If he had not come out plain then u can castigate him and term him a crook. There are people out there that just love fine dogs no matter the breed

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by koligs: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
castins:
You still have not answered the question, what is wrong with the mix? Is it a crime? State you facts.
Your desire may be deferent from what others want. So chill.

Don’t mind the Op!!!! He is just bored
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by Adrian98(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lol from what I posted who insulted who?
koligs:

This is a matter of choice!!! The dude told you in his chat that he has a mixedbreed. You guys don’t have to insult yourselves. You acted too shabby if I must say
Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by space9880: 5:46am On May 01, 2020
Geepee77:

Caucasian Shepherd
Pit bull
Bull Mastiff
Great Dane
Rottweiler

this is not a yardstick Oga the thing is strive for excellence what are you trying to achieve by mixing breeds?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Mixing Breeds From Different Lines by space9880: 5:49am On May 01, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

a mix is a mix whether they share any similarities or not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Boerboel Pups Available For New Homes / 12 Months Old Pedigree Imported Pitbull For Sale / Sable Male German Shepard Puppies Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.