Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:05 AM

WAEC Candidates: Having Problems With The English Language Exam? Come On In! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Candidates: Having Problems With The English Language Exam? Come On In! (160 Views)

What Are The English And Local Names For This? (Picture) / Grace High School Lagos Asks WAEC Candidates To Lodge In Hotel, Parents Protest / WAEC Candidates Punished For Fighting Over Meats - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Candidates: Having Problems With The English Language Exam? Come On In! by davidinchrist(m): 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
As the exam may likely kick-start anytime soon, I thought it would be helpful to urge and support you candidates anywhere to not just laze at home or pass time relaxing all the time; but to however take advantage of this present time to knuckle down those tricky aspects of the exams.

As an educationist, if need be, I'd like to help you deal with some aspects you consider difficult, particularly the English Language exam in the next couple of days or so.

*Feel free to give me a shout here or send me an email, if necessary.

A bird's eye view of the WAEC English Language format:

*Categories of English Language Exams:

English *paper 1* - Lexis and structure - OBJ (25%)

English *paper 2* - Continuous Writing, Comprehension and Summary (60%).

English *paper 3* Oral English/Phonetics (15%)

Wishing you the best in your exams.

Peace with you.
Re: WAEC Candidates: Having Problems With The English Language Exam? Come On In! by davidinchrist(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
davidinchrist:
As the exam may likely kick-start anytime soon, I thought it would be helpful to urge and support you candidates anywhere to not just laze at home or pass time relaxing all the time; but to however take advantage of this present time to knuckle down those tricky aspects of the exams.

As an educationist, if need be, I'd like to help you deal with some aspects you consider difficult, particularly the English Language exam in the next couple of days or so.

*Feel free to give me a shout here or send me an email, if necessary.

A bird's eye view of the WAEC English Language format:

*Categories of English Language Exams:

English *paper 1* - Lexis and structure - OBJ (25%)

English *paper 2* - Continuous Writing, Comprehension and Summary (60%).

English *paper 3* Oral English/Phonetics (15%)

Wishing you the best in your exams.

Peace with you.

Right... NOW CLOSED.

Feel free to throw in your questions on any of my English-themed thread anytime, and I shall hopefully answer them in my free time.

Peace with you.
Re: WAEC Candidates: Having Problems With The English Language Exam? Come On In! by davidinchrist(m): 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
Modal Auxiliary Verbs---Tenses

Can/Could/--Will/Would/--May/Might/--Shall/
Should... Present and Past tenses respectively.

Example sentences:

*I can't do that now (present).
*I couldn't do that last week (past).
*I will see them soon (simple future tense).
*I thought I would see them here yesterday.
*She may finish the job today.
*I thought she might finish the job yesterday.
*I/We shall travel tomorrow.
*I/We Should have travelled before noon tomorrow.

To talk politely, you could use Could or Would:

*Could I have your pen, please?
*I would like to see Mr...
*I wonder if I could ask you a few questions.

For Possibility: Use May (like 70% possible) Might (like 30% possible)

*It may rain today.
*It might rain tomorrow.

Peace with you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Motivated For Your ICAN Exams During The Lockdown / Join Jamb 2020 Whatsapp Group Chat / Short-term Research Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.