Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman (462 Views)

Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship / Kamaru Usman and Isreal Adesanya take pictures with their UFC belts / Kamaru Usman Defeats Tyron Woodley, Becomes First African-born UFC Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman by Prosperchuks1344(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya is close friends with Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman. He is always quite quick to dispel rumors of a Champion vs Champion clash between the two. “Nope. It’s not gonna happen,” said ‘The Last Stylebender’ when probed by James Lynch on The Score MMA.

“Put it this way right, Nigeria has 2 not 1, but 2 UFC champions. It’s better with Nigeria having 2 Heavyweight Champions then when Francis takes the Heavyweight gold Africa will have 3 champions. Like I remember when he (Usman) first won the belt he beat Tyron for the belt. And at the press conference, I was asked like does any part of you wish he loses so you can be the first Nigerian born champion. My brain doesn’t operate like that, my brain can’t fathom that because I’m not a hater. If he wins, I win. Kamaru is my dude, he’s my brother. So like it’ll never happen.”

‘The Last Stylebender’ is dominating the Middleweight division. He trounced Yoel Romero at UFC 248 and is all set to face Paulo Costa next.

Meanwhile ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’, will face Jorge Masvidal next. He is being called out by Colby Covington too. It will be interesting to see if the UFC goes for a rematch between the two as ‘Chaos’ feels the fight at UFC 245 should not have been stopped.

‘The Last Stylebender’ however is not averse to fighting competitors, not from the division. He makes it a point to expose Jon Jones as fake. A clash between these champions certainly excites ‘The Last Stylebender.’

What do you make of his comments of never fighting ‘The Nigerian Nightmare?’ Also, do you see Francis Ngannou winning the UFC Heavyweight Championship anytime soon for Nigeria to have 3 champions in the UFC?

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman by Enoch07: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
no fight your brother oh
Re: Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman by tayebest(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Real recognize real cool
Re: Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman by espn(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good one...
Re: Israel Adesanya Says He Will Not Fight Kamaru Usman by Kingrexyl(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Ex-egypt Coach Cuper Disappointed With Nff’s Decision To Stick With Rohr / Five Barcelona First-team Players Test Positive For COVID-19 / Good News For Chelsea As Nigeria's World Record Breaker Wants EPL Switch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.