Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 (44491 Views)

Bwala Faults EFCC Chair’s Press Briefing On Yahaya Bello / Press Briefing On Nigerian Army Training Exercises Across The Country (2023) / Video As Buhari Receives Briefing On Coronavirus From Health Minister & DG NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by babtoundey(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
If the Federal Government handles covid 19 the same way Lagos State government is handling it, we will not be where we found ourselves today.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by RuddyFusion(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
andrewtosin:
all those agbero? I doubt it

Lagos Government owns the touts ..NURTW and the rest..I'm sure the can enforce it.

But then Lagos Government will start the enforcement with their blue and red buses
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Peterpanny: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
strafist911:
Good development.
Although I don't see Lagosians keeping to these rules. Lagos is a hustling city & more like the survival of the fittest. They should ease all these rules and allow people to live their normal lives.
If this covid19 was real in Lagos, people would have been dropping dead by now.
I STILL MAINTAIN THE FACT THAT COVID19 IN NIGERIA IS A HOAX.

MODIFIED: To all those quoting me, give me JUST a name of your Mother/Father/brother/sister/Aunty/Uncle/colleague/former classmates or neighbor you know of personally who has tested + or died from corona virus in the past 4 weeks. I mean medically certified not NCDC daily statistics oh. I leave y'all with the answer.
stay safe bro.covid -19 is real.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Tboy1419: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
miketayo:

So the chief of staff and other prominent people in the country just happen to fake their deaths
. So you think he died of covid-19 what of other governor's he has shake hand with, that has contacted the virus, what happened to them , have they died, why only aba kyiare, guy reason am na, make we no they behave like small children, even Donald Trump wants American business to open, because he knew the virus was just like a flu Wich can be cured with hydroxychloroquine, don't tell me CNN or BBC or CNBC all have the record numbers of covid-19 death and infected patient world wide, what happened to other death like malaria, typhoid fiver, flu, all death is now recorded as covid-19, even if it's an accident, they will say is covid-19, brother reason, oo, I know say you go insult but last last you go know say all this main stream media way we they believe since, don they lie to us tay tay.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by jobiisokun: 11:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
FRAUD ALERT!

IT IS TRUE!

The guy wt details below claiming ti sell mobile data is nothing but a fraud!
his details:
Aminu Abdulwaheed
UBA: 2116086231
his fone number:
I hope this can get to front page, be investigated & people become aware and not fall victim to his fraud
BR
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lamanii22:

Organizations too should use their senses, they should close by 3pm so people can get home before 8pm... The working hours would reduce... Working from 8/9am-3pm is not bad.

You're mad if you're RICH.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Advancedman(m): 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
psamuell2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/highlights-of-ongoing-sanwo-olus-press-briefing-on-covid-19/

This is supposed to be the first call before total lockdown but they ain't strategist but gamblers.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Godmercy(m): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2020
I realy give cudos to the governor of lagos state but my question is if level 12/13 will only be at work what level do you give cleaners security drivers plumbers that will still be needed to do other service to higher levels at work or should they also stay at home the oga will do the cleaning and gate open even drive themself to and fro please sir are this type of people useful at all
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by West2019(m): 1:08am On Apr 30, 2020
Very good ,anyone that breaks this law should be persecuted by the Nigeria Army, this virus is real and the numbers keep on increasing
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by GentlePEACE: 3:23am On Apr 30, 2020
skedman:

What are we saying and what is she saying
Did I oppose what the governor said I only brought out a key point that needed attention .
Oga I don't limit my knowledge to what ever decision that is been made I look and see the future
Lagos population is more than what the governor think it is and I make a reference of where I stay ikorodu simple
I was looking at the timing
I was looking at the closing time and resumption time
I am looking at the rushing time

So what should he do, let's say you are the Governor?
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by neyorlmogzy(m): 4:15am On Apr 30, 2020
psamuell2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/highlights-of-ongoing-sanwo-olus-press-briefing-on-covid-19/
That is a wise decision from a wise man.
Only God knows who are Buhari advisers
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:54am On Apr 30, 2020
I don’t think I am coming to Lagos to finish my NYSC oh
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by strafist911: 5:33am On Apr 30, 2020
miketayo:

So the chief of staff and other prominent people in the country just happen to fake their deaths

Did they show you the late Chief of staff's medical or autopsy report? Dude has been sick for many years & only succumbed to his illness as a result of the barn on international flights where he normally goes for his treatments.
Covid19 is real in other continents but not in Nigeria the whole sub-sahara Africa.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by JuanDeDios: 5:41am On Apr 30, 2020
EcoBrick:

They will be the biggest problem here. Many of them don't even believe COVID-19 exists so that disbelief alone will undermine their compliance.
Then be smart about it. They have unions. Get the excos on board to whip erring members in line.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Aystarz: 6:08am On Apr 30, 2020
Lorazepam:

Ehn you sef should propose a workable solution.

Total lockdown, people complain
Ease lockdown small, people still complain it can't work
Oya what should Sanwo-Olu now do? angry
Leadership isn't easy mehn.

Saw something there about how whistle blowing will be encouraged lol. Reminds me of what is being done in Heilongjiang, China, where if you catch anyone that secretly crosses the border from Russia into China without being quarantined, and report them to the relevant authorities, you would be given a certain amount of money (up to 700 dollars) as reward lol.

Snitching can get you killed grin
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Subonbon(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
strafist911:
Good development.
Although I don't see Lagosians keeping to these rules. Lagos is a hustling city & more like the survival of the fittest. They should ease all these rules and allow people to live their normal lives.
If this covid19 was real in Lagos, people would have been dropping dead by now.
I STILL MAINTAIN THE FACT THAT COVID19 IN NIGERIA IS A HOAX.
By bro sorry this is no joke lost a friend to it..... Pray it doesn't come close to anyone related to you.... Its really a sorry sight to behold

MODIFIED: To all those quoting me, give me JUST a name of your Mother/Father/brother/sister/Aunty/Uncle/colleague/former classmates or neighbor you know of personally who has tested + or died from corona virus in the past 4 weeks. I mean medically certified not NCDC daily statistics oh. I leave y'all with the answer.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by vivalavida(m): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2020
This transportation own will not work in this lagos. Who will enforce it?
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by miketayo(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2020
strafist911:

Did they show you the late Chief of staff's medical or autopsy report? Dude has been sick for many years & only succumbed to his illness as a result of the barn on international flights where he normally goes for his treatments.
Covid19 is real in other continents but not in Nigeria the whole sub-sahara Africa.

U guys are delusional, sounds like ur trolling or something shocked.
The dude I play basketball with tested positive, and has been in the isolation center for more than 15 days. The doctors r lying to him too?
And whr did u see the late chief of staff medical report? Are u a relative or his doctor ? Even if he has an history a ban on international flight won't have held him back.
Experience is what u need at this point
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Daas50: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2020
Exactly.
I leave my house 4am.
skedman:
The governor does not know the population that comes out of ikorodu everyday

Telling everybody to come out 6am will cause a lot of traffic and congestion

I leave my house 5am and I still face traffic on the road especially on Mondays
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by hohafrank(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Humility017 post=89002100]

The rush might even make a lot of people to defy this social distancing precautions [/quotet] There is nothing like rushing hours.The reason for closing time be fixed at 3 pm is to enable people to use a whole 5 hours to get home from work before curfew.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by hohafrank(m): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Humility017 post=89002100]

The rush might even make a lot of people to defy this social distancing precautions [/quotet] There is nothing like rushing hours.The reason for closing time being fixed at 3 pm is to enable people to use a whole 5 hours to get home from work before curfew.
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by ofemigeorge(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by cyndylove64(f): 10:39am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=honeyB2018 post=89001610]

Why are you people so pessimistic? Why will it not work?
The drivers and conductors are they not human beings, or are they free the virus?[/quote really,the same drivers & conductors that during the lockdown have been carrying passenger without face masks and glove, be deceiving yourself
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by miketayo(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2020
Tboy1419:
. So you think he died of covid-19 what of other governor's he has shake hand with, that has contacted the virus, what happened to them , have they died, why only aba kyiare, guy reason am na, make we no they behave like small children, even Donald Trump wants American business to open, because he knew the virus was just like a flu Wich can be cured with hydroxychloroquine, don't tell me CNN or BBC or CNBC all have the record numbers of covid-19 death and infected patient world wide, what happened to other death like malaria, typhoid fiver, flu, all death is now recorded as covid-19, even if it's an accident, they will say is covid-19, brother reason, oo, I know say you go insult but last last you go know say all this main stream media way we they believe since, don they lie to us tay tay.

Is it everyone that was infected that died? You are more likely to survive than die. It's not news anymore.
Lol hrdoxychloroquine abi.. if it was that simple US won't be recording over 2k deaths in a single day. Starting the economy is a must he has no choice, every country has no choice in fact.

When malaria or typhoid kills 2k people within a country in a day, we will take it serious like this
Re: Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 by Danielwords(m): 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
If you are currently in South West Nigeria, I will appreciate if you can take a quick timeout to fill this online *questionnaire*. My team and I are working on a research about
Depressive effect of Covid-19 lockdown in South West Nigeria.
https:///2YetDDq
Thank you ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: There Is Not Going To Be Any Trial - Alloy Ejimako / Buhari Meets Tinubu In Aso Rock Villa / Presidential Tribunal: Real Reasons Atiku Wasn’t Declared Winner Of Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.