Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon (7199 Views)

So The Fine Black Queens Have Started Marrying Old White Men Too? / The Lady Who Wrote A Letter To All The Fine Boys In Her Church Explains Herself / Young Lady Writes To All The Fine Boys In Her Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 01, 2020
Kingarthur21:
you were hated not just because of your truth but because of your man-hating and shaming which you have stopped.

Men set their standards and how they want to live,if the women are dumb enough to accept it then it's not men putting women down but women dancing to the tune of men.

I agree Africa endorsed depravity of men but will you deny things are changing?divorce rates are higher now,women are the ones with the power,pinch a lady and human rights activists will move with banners and the men persecuted.
The society is making up for women. All you have to do is make a post with supporting pictures online and wait for the world to come to your rescue.

I saw a post of a lady stripped for stealing,the people who stripped her have being arrested while for decades men have been lynched and burned to death for stealing yet the perpetrators go scot free.

You talked of endorsing polygamy,with the rate of paternity fraud now you are yet to realise that women are now the main cheats in marriage/dating. Were you not the one that gave excuse for a lady that slept with her gym instructor? If tables were turned you will call it male depravity.

The society has done more to speak for women that they have become gynocentric and no man speaks for males. What else do you want from the society? The entire nation supported bukola dakola (without concrete evidence of the rape),they are many social media handles and pages that are pro-woman,even men now speak up for women and call their fellow men pigs. So how is the society enabling subjugation of women?

More awareness is created for paedophilia and rape.
Was a senator not taken to court after slapping a lady? Are NGOs and celebrities not helping the girl child?how about the little girl called success that is now enjoying scholarship?
Was Yerima not opposed when he married a 13 year old girl years back? So who are those that are encouraging men to misbehave?

You should know when the battle is won and advice your fellow girls make wise use of the power they now have.

You say the society will call a lot of women arrogant for real? Are you not following current trends? Who are the CEOs we have now? Go to Instagram and see ladies advertising their makeup and clothing brands. How about Jaaruma,the leading sex therapist in Nigeria making her own name despite having a husband? Except they are ghosts you are referring to but i don't know any male that put ladies down for being successful more than their partners,perhaps it existed in our fathers time but not now...

If successful ladies hide their wealth and attribute it to their husbands its probably out if fear that YOU(FUNMI) will call them pick mesha for not marrying a man more wealthy than them . Did society tell the liar amatarasha to lie about having a husband or him taking her to Siberia?

To ladies,being successful is having a man higher than them in finances, that caters for them,anything short of that is being pickmesha so the ones who aren't lucky that jam wealthy men have to lie to prevent people from calling them pickmesha.

Redpillers speak their truth the way you speak yours. They have a healthy self-esteem and want the best for themselves ,if you don't know there are redpills for ladies as well on reddits.The idea of them wanting the best and seeking for men interest is what you call narcissistic and oppose but when you encourage ladies to seek out themselves and set high standards you see nothing wrong with it.

The summary of my epistle is that the narrative is changed, women are getting powerful by the day,anyone lady that still gets burnt didn't play her cards well or is not wise
I never hated men, because the same way I bashed men is the same way I bash women, especially the stupid ones. I just don't believe in coddling adults. I only shame the broke dissapointments that have a XY chromosome.

If I don't like your attitude, I'll still give it to you.

I see a failure to take responsibility for their actions, which is usual for males in your post. It's a pity. I am not in the mood to fight. Need to focus on how to make money post lockdown.

Don't confuse a woman with wanting a man to treat her like thrash with a woman wanting a man who Is a leader and functions as the head of the family. There's a difference. The real truth is that both men and women have issues in communication and understanding each other.

It is well, for humanity's sake.

3 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 01, 2020
Kingarthur21:
so who are those buying mifepristone?who are those doing D&C?

I am not too current with Nigeria law. I stand to be corrected,the senators passed a bill for life imprisonment for rape.

If they are actually silenced as your think who are those utilising the power of social media to share their rape experience?
Who are those being arrested that makes news on social media?

Police don't excuse rape they excuse crime once bribed. Its not only rape! Generally when you can bribe the police FOR ANY crime they can let you go not just rape.
you have no proof for the bolded. If you said the progress is slow ,I will have agreed but making it feel as though the law and society claps hands for men will be dishonest. Such changes don't happen over night.
Nigerian law is not to support women but Nigerians(men and women inclusive). There is a ministry of women affairs, there are women rights activists ,what else do you people want?
Should men and women attain 100% equality you will want more special treatment.

okay ,your truth.
I also believe this bunch of women of today are a disappointment and a feminine mockery of our mothers
mifepristone is illegal. It can only be gotten with a prescription. I think you meant misoprostol, because that is what people usually buy here.

It goes both ways really. Millennials are seen as dissapointments, especially by the boomers.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by crackkhaus: 2:40pm On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

A misogynist is anyone that doesn't pander to feminist delusions. The meaning is not static, but fluid and can bend to anything the accuser deem fit. Paying for dates could also be construed as misogynist, since it means you think she is a child who cant cater for herself, they call it "benevolent sexism". If a man is masculine and no feminist have called him a misogynist, he is probably an idiot.

gringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
Ariza:
E no hard at all oooooo

I don't know why everyone take this life too seriously. Funny enough, Women are the most difficult gender to fight for. Most will never be straight with you, they tell you they want freedom but won't work. They want respect but most see acts of chivalry as weakness. They want equality but not responsibilities. They want to be treated like queens but most act like bi.tches on SM.

Lol the most annoying ones are the abused ones, I learnt not to meddle in couples affairs the hard way years ago. Unfortunately, she's suffering a lot in her marriage now. Me I just dey look from afar. grin Kini temi? But still, to them Men are the evil ones. SMH.

Writers and People like Op should focus more on teaching women self esteem, Value, Integrity, Dignity , self development, self realization and Independence and leave Men out of their issues. grin

I do agree that women are the most difficult gender to fight for.

Men flood prisons because they are more aggressive and violent in nature and hence more likely to commit crimes.

There's a psychology that goes on with the abuse victim regardless of gender that makes it hard for them to come out of their predicament. I am not saying women are saints, but with the laws we have in Nigeria, it is more skewed in favor of men.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by doitforyou(f): 2:50pm On May 01, 2020
funmisticqueen2:

So why am I one of the most hated females here, because my self esteem is above average (a lot of work to get there) and I say my truth in a way no one wants to hear. Men in Nigeria, live off putting the women below them. That's why I call it privilege.

Why do you think we have redpillers here. The are the ones who cry foul because they are losing their privilege.
This! So the consensus is, Nigerian women accept toxic behaviors from men yada yada yada but then women that DO speak up get shutdown and cussed out. Please, make that make sense.

@emmaodet
I don’t know if this makes any difference but I meant to type *cultural evolution.

3 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 01, 2020
doitforyou:

This! So the consensus is, Nigerian women accept toxic behaviors from men yada yada yada but then women that DO speak up get shutdown and cussed out. Please, make that make sense.

@emmaodet
I don’t know if this makes any difference but I meant to type *cultural evolution.
yes it makes sense, no one likes their privilege to be taken away

It happens on romanceland all the time

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

A misogynist is anyone that doesn't pander to feminist delusions. The meaning is not static, but fluid and can bend to anything the accuser deem fit. Paying for dates could also be construed as misogynist, since it means you think she is a child who cant cater for herself, they call it "benevolent sexism". If a man is masculine and no feminist have called him a misogynist, he is probably an idiot.

that you are masculine doesn't mean you have to be toxic. There's a difference.

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by doitforyou(f): 3:07pm On May 01, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
yes it makes sense, no one likes their privilege to be taken away

It happens on romanceland all the time
Exactly!
One other thing for those calling out their perennial boogeyman, Feminists.

Most Nigerian women (born, raised and live in Nigeria) do NOT identify as feminists. As a woman living in Nigeria, you don’t have to be a feminist to experience few or all of the toxic behaviors listed in the OP.

5 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 5:19pm On May 01, 2020
spongeisback:
No he's not. Like the author said
"The girls too were naive, brainwashed, misinformed, conflicted, indoctrinated, caged, paranoid and Hot. Abused and scarred." So how can he claim women are hypergamous in nature when it's something that was learnt?! How can women subconsciously want to be subjects to men if they weren't given a choice?

Yes, this right here.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 5:31pm On May 01, 2020
solite3:
Another feminist garbage of blaming men and making women victims.

Feminists are quick to point the speck in another's eyes but oblivious to the log before their own eyes.
Women are masters of emotional manipulations and they are just as wicked as men if not even worst,

Well I dont support denigration of women but neither do I impose an ideological construct on another.

Women intentionally uphold and support ills so far it is beneficial to them.
You generalise that Nigeria men are this and that but scream out your lungs when Nigeria women are given labels. What does that make you?
What do you say about women murdering babies through abortions? Oh babies aren't humans
The increase of paternal fraud?

Is flashing an erect penis now a thing of pride?
How many men do you see flashing an erect penis all over social media? Go through nairaland alone and see the amount of women posing and flaunting the vingina, to the extent that, nothing is about the woman's body is private. Dont just go there?

A simple biology class may open your head as to the difference between male and female.
There are things men interpret to be sexual that women do not and vice versa, these are not social construct as dumb feminists would love to blabb.
No wonder, the rise of feminism also aided the rise of gay, transgender and other crap.

Feminism opined that men and women are equal, and that the only difference is the social construct.
Science has thrashed it out a long time ago. The differences in men and women affects every aspects of human existence.
There are things men loves that women are not interested in, it does not mean women are oppressed neither should you in the name of equality try to hood wink women into it.

It is on statistics that with the rise of feminism, women are becoming more and more unhappy and depressed also.

Instead of trying to force uniformity in men and women why not encourage embracing our differences and using it to complement ourselves and uplift the society.

Yes there are some parts of the african tradition that were not good but there are other part that is good and should be oncourage.

Lastly, learn to take responsibilities and stop looking for excuses or who to blame.

Sighss. Nothing you said here relates to the OP if your intention was to counter it.

@ the bolded... we've been embracing our differences for centuries, haven't we? We wouldn't be here if there'd been no distinction between male and female (behaviours).

Look at where the society is... the fact that women and men have different gender roles is the reason why we are here. It is not a lack of dichotomy between the sexes that is the society's problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 5:37pm On May 01, 2020
Biglittlelois:
This thread has different view point, connotations, interpretations(all in one I guess) to it, only a logical and sane mind will be able to deduce this.

And I don't see this as a man vs. woman thing, but as a society vs. us thing.
We are all in it.

''Femininity'' dictates what ''masculinity'' is and vice versa. Both genders created the other, so I don't think this is about blaming, or elevating another.

The post shows all angle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 7:01pm On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

Equality is like a buffet to women (feminists), where they pick the nice stuff they want and leave the leftovers for men to eat

With every struggle they complain about, men have their own version, and even worse. It is so common and accepted that people are even shocked when men speak up. Stoicism is expected, which is to suffer in silence and be strong still. A telling example is that hundreds of thousands of men have died in the hand of boko haram, and no one cares, but with the chibok girls, the whole world started screaming ''bring back our girls. And I asked, what about the boys? this is one example of how male problems are ignored. Though, I won't expect airhead feminists to think at this angle.

In other words, men being at the receiving end of things perpetrated by their gender.

The 'issues' men face, as you pointed out are not because of women/matriachy. That's the difference. Whatever a man does FOR a woman is for himself. E.g, a man taking sex-enchancing drugs to satisfy his woman, no. He's doing it for his own ego and how long he can last. A man going to fight wars, make ends meet is because his worth is tied to that. Everything they do for women is because of themselves. Whether consciously or subconsciously.

pansophist:

As for polygamy, many society practice polyadry, is it matriarchy?

Yes, it's matriachy. But not a systematic matriarchy. I'm sure RisenPhoenix will agree: the way the polygamous marriage system developed in the same way in almost every cultures. And even if we analyze these few polyandrous systems, I doubt it'll be oppressive as much as much its counterpart. Women are physically weaker, get pregnant and take care of kids.

To your second paragraph, is the ability to receive lighter prision sentences, not been put in the frontline during war, protected by UN conventions to be rescued first alongside children during war/disaster oppression against men and matriarchy?

Nope. It's because of patriarchy that women get excluded from these things in the first place. Yes, I know it puts men at a disadvantage, but it is still patriarchy. As in, you're the man so you should bear the brunt. You should die, make money. Patriarchal men like you also make up the legal system. Men make up prison warders, policemen, inmates. See, men scattered everywhere. On the sea, in the air, so it follows that they'll die more. Yes, women are excused, but that's the PATRIARCHY. I don't know if you see my viewpoint.

To your last paragraph, is the ability to abort a baby even if the father wants it without consequence matriarchy?

Individual cases. Are you comparing this to the numerous cases out there of runaway and deadbeat fathers? When a woman make such decisions, it's for herself and other reasons (financial, emotional, career) but a man do that simply because he can.

If you observe, I'm not justifying a man doing any of what you mentioned, I'm only mirroring what you said to something similar that women does. So now should I be offended about the above?

You've not disprove feminism/patriarchy. Only showed that these things happen side by side. It's your choice to be offended or not. Doesn't invalidate feminism's fight.

Patriarchy is oppressive(both to men and women); systematically put the genders at a disadvantage, and advantage on different levels. Women carry the baby, but the baby carries the man's name and the line is passed, kept running through that. It is a lot of things and cannot be equated with matriarchy. Even decisions that favor women are mostly because of the disadvantage they face. You paying child support and all that is because the woman end up with the kids, cause she's been groomed to care for them, the emotional burden of single-parenting, and juggling it with work. Ditto this for other scenarios.

'Matriarchy' is a response to Patriarchy.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 01, 2020
May be you have comprehension challenges if you dont see the relationship.
That aside,

Magnoliaa:

Sighss. Nothing you said here relates to the OP if your intention was to counter it.

@ the bolded... we've been embracing our differences for centuries, haven't we? We wouldn't be here if there'd been no distinction between male and female (behaviours).
Do you know what it means to embrace your nature? Life will only be miserable if you go against your nature. A man cannot be a woman neither a woman a man.
The distinction between men and women makes life more beautiful. No the problem is not in the distinction between sexes but lack of understanding of the sexes.
Feminism is creating more problems instead of resolving them.

Look at where the society is... [b]the fact that women and men have different gender roles is the reason why we are here. [/b]It is not a lack of dichotomy between the sexes that is the society's problem.

I dont think you even have an inch of an idea of what you are saying.
Roles are determined by nature, contrary to what feminism peddles, men didnt assemble together to determine roles. Roles was one of the ways humans could survive in an already hostile world.
For example, you can not send women to face men in the wars. I should not lecture you on these things, make researches.

Today women have the freedom to choose to be anything(theoretically), only because men has built civilization and given women the enabling environment.

@bolded, If someone combines two different colors badly, when colors are mixed badly, the problem is not because there are different colors but rather a bad combination.
Men and women are the colors, the way we understand and relate with each other either makes or mars the society.
By the way, the society is not some abstract concept, it is men and women that are the society.

4 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 7:42pm On May 01, 2020
solite3:
That aside,

Of course not. The reason why you think it was necessary to insult my intelligence, I don't understand.

You couldn't make a statement without trying to do this first?

Pfft

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jaqenhghar: 7:54pm On May 01, 2020
Nnamdi Kani erroneously called Niggeria a Zoo. He was wrong. There is order in the zoo. No animal eats more than is good for it. Stronger animals dont prey on the weak and the sick animals are cared for.
Niggeria is more of a jungle. No law, no order. Where its a race to out bid, out smart, trample on, and feed off others. Those at an advantage over others exploit it to no end . There is no limit to how you can bully, frustrate, or make others miserable. It is what you are expected to do and if you are at the recieving end, it's your fault. To be kind or show compassion is equal to being stupid or dumb. Being satisfied is not even in the discussion. You grab till you have more than enough to waste then grab some more, and keep grabbing. Giving back to society is unheard of. Somehow with this madness Niggerians expect progress.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 01, 2020
emmaodet:

oooohhhhhhhhhh Arizaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You see? you know why i missed you when you deactivated your former moniker?
You are always neutral or see things from both ways and i appreciate that and you are mostly likely not to have it easy with your gender because they may feel you are biased. Likewise buk atyne, she gets roasted regularly from her gender.
For me, even though i may be emotional sometimes, i still like and share ladies comments that i find reasonable even when it's against men BUT the truth.
Funny enough, I've never been attacked by ladies here for my posts.Rather I get lots of insults from guys when my posts doesn't suit them. The irony.

BTW, unlike Bukaty.me I do not post to argue or debate or convince. I have my circle I do this with if necessary. My post isn't for everyone, let the sensible read, get few points and move on. I no get time for fight. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Jaqenhghar: 8:00pm On May 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Don't ask me why. My best guess is that it has something to do with the way Nigerian women themselves were raised. Or embedded deep inside the limbic brain where the red neck lizard lies doing pressups while the female lizard arches her back.

The Dog Faced Baboon and his Harem.

It takes a level of maturity (no correlation with age), it takes a level of empathy, it takes a degree self control, it takes self awareness, it takes honor, it takes patience, it takes tolerance, it takes money and a lot of the time it takes a lot of gullibility to treat your average Nigerian woman with respect.

Those who do it are those enlightened enough to enjoy the luxury of a conscience. To the vast majority it is a worthless proposition. A thankless labour. An expense of resources they cannot and need not afford.

I will tell you something that sounds even more twisted. Your average Nigerian woman will lose respect for you if you respect her or other women in her presence. She will quickly label you soft, woman wrapper, weak, gay, "this one wife go dey control am", "na man be this?", or just plain mugu.

The average Nigerian woman longs to be domesticated by her man.

So do not blame the men who became adept at the game you taught us. They are the Masters of the game you both play. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Make your own rules and stick by them. Be the change you desire.

The Truth shall set you Free.

https://m.facebook.com/1245261394/posts/10222562043060210/?from_close_friend=1&notif_id=1588090302088358&notif_t=close_friend_activity&ref=notif

Abeg send me the pdf.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 8:02pm On May 01, 2020
solite3:
That aside,

Do you know what it means to embrace your nature? Life will only be miserable if you go against your nature. A man cannot be a woman neither a woman a man.
The distinction between men and women makes life more beautiful. No the problem is not in the distinction between sexes but lack of understanding of the sexes.
Feminism is creating more problems instead of resolving them.

I dont think you even have an inch of an idea of what you are saying.
Roles are determined by nature, contrary to what feminism peddles, men didnt assemble together to determine roles. Roles was one of the ways humans could survive in an already hostile world.
For example, you can not send women to face men in the wars. I should not lecture you on these things, make researches.

Today women have the freedom to choose to be anything(theoretically), only because men has built civilization and given women the enabling environment.

@bolded, If someone combines two different colors badly, when colors are mixed badly, the problem is not because there are different colors but rather a bad combination.
Men and women are the colors, the way we understand and relate with each other either makes or mars the society.
By the way, the society is not some abstract concept, it is men and women that are the society.

You do not even always try to understand the posts you're countering. Always conflating things.

This is not the first time you're doing this.

'Strawmanning.'

Your initial stand was that men and women are different, so we should embrace our differences.

And I was pointing out that we have always embraced our differences. From time past. Masculinity and femininity are not recent creations. Men were masculine, women were feminine. We'd done that. For centuries. Women didn't revolt, and men were heads. Yes, society distinguished between male and female and everyone followed that system. Since time immemorial.

Feminism is not 'transgenderism' but believe what you want.

Others things you said, na you know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Kingarthur21: 8:14pm On May 01, 2020
Magnoliaa:

In other words, men being at the receiving end of things perpetrated by their gender.

The 'issues' men faces, as you pointed out are not because of women/matriachy. That's the difference. Whatever a man does FOR a woman is for himself. E.g, a man taking sex-enchancing drugs to satisfy his woman, no. He's doing it for his own ego and how long he can last. A man going to fight wars, make ends meet is because his worth is tied to that. Everything they do for women is because of themselves. Whether consciously or subconsciously.
you ended up trying to make excuse for the plight of men by finding reasons for them or using the blame card of 'its their gender that caused it".So because bokoharam is mainly populated by men its innocent men fault that they are killed? You are excusing matriarchy...
If a terrorist group is incepted comprising of mostly women will it not be men that will go to war to fight? Would the world say women are suffering from what was perpetrated by their own gender?
So why should we be blamed when privileges are secluded to men alone if its men that establish the course?
For example,a male starts university,he gives admission to males mostly (80% and above) ,will feminists not cry foul whether or not it is a man that established the university?
What a man does for women is for himself?really? Men that put their lives on a pedestal for women?men that run into burning houses to bring out their wives? Men in the titanic-type of scenario?

You were one of the women I respected on this forum but I couldn't believe you could make such a comment. All men do is for themselves?
You all should listen to what martinez39s and ubunja says about captain-save-a-hoe because women will never appreciate.

Yes, it's matriachy. But not a systematic matriarchy. I'm sure RisenPhoenix will agree: the way the polygamous marriage developed in the same way in almost every cultures. And even if we analyze these few polyandrous systems, I doubt it'll be oppressive as much as much its counterpart. Women are physically weaker, get pregnant and take care of kids.
So now you are admitting there is a difference in strength because you want to make a case for women. When strength is used as a basis to seclude women from some privileges you feminists disagree that men and women are women are equal in strength but when strength is used as a basis to favor women you will accept there is a difference in strength.
I saw a post of liberal chick you shared whereby she said a man should not hit a woman back but he should walk away if she hits him. You all use women as weaker vessels as alibi always.

Nope. It's because of patriarchy that women get excluded from these things in the first place. Yes, I know it puts men at a disadvantage, but it is still patriarchy. As in, you're the man so you should bear the brunt. You should die, make money. Patriarchal men like you also make up the legal system. Men make up prison warders, policemen, inmates. See, men scattered everywhere. On the sea, in the air, so it follows that they'll die more. Yes, women are excused, but that's the PATRIARCHY. I don't know if you see my viewpoint.
so why is patriarchy p portrayed as a system that oppresses only women?
The theme of this post of yours is:when patriarchy hurts men,well its the men that put in place patriarchy so they should deal with it,when partriarchy hurts women the world must fight for the woman.

Why do men have higher sentences than women for the same crime? (I am betting you will say "is it not men making the rules"wink

Individual cases. Are you comparing this to the numerous cases out there of runaway and deadbeat fathers? When a woman makes such decisions, it's for herself and other reasons (financial, emotional, career) but a man do that simply because he can.
So you are using " frequency of occurrence " and "reasons" to score points?
You think men don't have reasons for not wanting pregnancies such as finances,emotions and career?
People insult dead beat dads as irresponsible but women that abort are excused on the basis that they have their reasons. There is no difference between a dead beat dad and a woman that aborts,both abscond from the responsibility of sex.
If a woman should be given the right to chose to accept responsibility of sex or not(abortion), then men should also be given the right to choose to accept the responsibility or not.

If men should be forced to pay child support women should be forced to keep their babies.vice versa

You've not disprove feminism/patriarchy. Only showed that these things happen side by side. It's your choice to be offended or not. Doesn't invalidate feminism's fight.
feminism has done alot for women,at least ladies can go to school,vote,etc..I commend the movement for it.
Its a pro-woman movement,I accept,it will never see things from a man perspective and look for men. Its goal is to save women alone from patriarchal system and ignore the man. I accept. Men should seek out for themselves,that is why we have the redpill.

Patriarchy is oppressive(both to men and women); systematically put the genders at a disadvantage, and advantage on different levels. Women carry the baby, but the baby carries the man's name and the line is passed, kept running through that. It is a lot of things and cannot be equated with matriarchy. Even decisions that favor women are mostly because of the disadvantage they face. You paying child support and all that is because the woman end up with the kids, caused she's been groomed to care for them, the emotional burden of single-parenting, and juggling it with work. Ditto this for other scenarios.

'Matriarchy' is a response to Patriarchy.
My problem with feminists is that when tables are turned they use the line"the effects on men are mild" as an excuse to ignore men plight. They start using dynamics of power and strength to place women as the real victims. What is wrong is wrong, whether men can swallow it or not.

The issue of making misogyny an offence came up,the men's right movement pushed for making misandry as well a crime. Feminists were angry and claimed that misandry has little effect on men.

Yes matriarchy is a response to patriarchy. Is it a justified response or egalitarianism should be the response? Its like switching from one subjugation to another.
"Females are superior to males " ideology used to compensate females is not better than patriarchy.

I hope when men reacts to Matriarchy with blunt force,they will be allowed to do so.

3 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 01, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You do not even always try to understand the posts you're countering. Always conflicting things.

'Strawmanning.'
you are not bright at all, reread the post again. Like I said, you lack comprehension seriously.

Your initial stand was that men and women are different, so we should embrace our differences.
was that the only thing in my initial post? The reason I brought up the differences in men and women was because of something op wrote.

And I was pointing out that we have always embraced our differences. From time past. Masculinity and femininity are not recent creations. Men were masculine, women were feminine. We'd done that. For centuries. Women didn't revolt, and men were heads. Yes, society distinguished between male and female and everyone followed that system. Since time immemorial.
I have addressed this before. Masculinity or Femininity was never the problem. Society distinguishes between male and female because that is the right thing or would you rather they stop teaching biology in schools?

you know nothing, I never said feminism is transgenderism, learn to comprehend something before quoting.

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 10:12pm On May 01, 2020
Kingarthur21:
you ended up trying to make excuse for the plight of men by finding reasons for them or using the blame card of 'its their gender that caused it".

No. I did neither. I'm only saying what is.

So because bokoharam is mainly populated by men its innocent men fault that they are killed? You are excusing matriarchy...
If a terrorist group is incepted comprising of mostly women will it not be men that will go to war to fight? Would the world say women are suffering from what was perpetrated by their own gender?
So why should we be blamed when privileges are secluded to men alone if its men that establish the course?

I did not say alll thesee. You're going off on a tangent. ?? In reality, how many women are wrecking havoc in the world? See, if more women become terrorists, etc (i.e they become more violent, 'manly', and so on), trust me the number of women in the defense forces will rise. But when WE advocate for women going into these fields, anti-feminists say it is unnatural. And yet still demand for women fighters? You cannot demand for something you vehemently oppose its happening.

For example,a male starts university,he gives admission to males mostly (80% and above) ,will feminists not cry foul whether or not it is a man that established the university?
What a man does for women is for himself?really? Men that put their lives on a pedestal for women?men that run into burning houses to bring out their wives? Men in the titanic-type of scenario?

What is it about at the end of the day? Valour, honour, violence, financial responsibility. . . It's all things men take pride in. Are you saying now that men don't do things for their ego? The Chase, hunt and all that? That's what I'm saying, don't get me wrong. Whether it's bad or not, or whether it is beneficial to them or not is another case.

Men uphold other men to these standards.
Lemme ask you personally, if you had the choice, like absolutely do, would you do these things? Put your life on hold, run into a fire and die? Think deeply. You just might been socialised into being A MAN. That should be all things to a woman. Would you rather not do these things?

You were one of the women I respected on this forum but I couldn't believe you could make such a comment. All men do is for themselves?
You all should listen to what martinez39s and ubunja says about captain-save-a-hoe because women will never appreciate.

You don't always have to agree with me, and neither am I meant to fit a mould you thought.

So now you are admitting there is a difference in strength because you want to make a case for women. When strength is used as a basis to seclude women from some privileges you feminists disagree that men and women are women are equal in strength but when strength is used as a basis to favor women you will accept there is a difference in strength.

Feminsts do not say men and women are equal in strength. That's all been anti-feminists arguments. Feminists have never, ever said we are same biologically. What argument is this, where? When? I accept that strength can work against us in some cases. But all of this is more than strength. Far from it.

I saw a post of liberal chick you shared whereby she said a man should not hit a woman back but he should walk away if she hits him. You all use women as weaker vessels as alibi always.

That's in a context. If you followed the convo. also you'll get her point.

so why is patriarchy p portrayed as a system that oppresses only women?
The theme of this post of yours is:when patriarchy hurts men,well its the men that put in place patriarchy

Because it's from FEMINIsm's point of view. Again, have your listened to feminists talking about the effects of patriarchy on men? Even C.N.A acknowledges this.
Are women responsible? No. Patriarchy hurts both men and women, so when feminism talk about women issues and what men do to them, you bring your cases, too. Cases that are caused by men. So ''men, too'' is not an argument against feminism. I'm saying women are not the cause of your woes, so patriarchy is real. And yes, women enable patriarchy too.

so they should deal with it,when partriarchy hurts women the world must fight for the woman.

Right. World fighting for women when feminism isn't even 200 years old. The 'girl child' narrative is a recent culture.

Why do men have higher sentences than women for the same crime? (I am betting you will say "is it not men making the rules"wink

It is men making the rules lol.

But I'm not doing this again. You can research it. Bottom line is: are women the cause?

I perfectly understand your reasoning and troubles (maybe partly), it is valid. You can talk about it, heal, and do all sorts. But whatever y'all go through is not because of some hate spread by women to make you miserable. Patriarchy causes OUR (gender) problems. That's what I'm highlighting.

So you are using " frequency of occurrence " and "reasons" to score points?

Is it not acceptable?

You think men don't have reasons for not wanting pregnancies such as finances,emotions and career?
People insult dead beat dads as irresponsible but women that abort are excused on the basis that they have their reasons. There is no difference between a dead beat dad and a woman that aborts,both abscond from the responsibility of sex.

LOL. So, me, that refuses to buy a pet is equal to a person who bought a pet and absconded? Leaving it to roam in the streets, eating garbage? Dumping the responsibility on a family member?

Don't even go here. No comparison at all.

Fact is: most women are staying and living with the consequences of their actions - having sex WITH a man. Most men are FREE to run away. We have single mothers for a reason. Now, both of them have reasons why they wouldn't want to stay, but only the mother remain.

If a woman should be given the right to chose to accept responsibility of sex or not(abortion), then men should also be given the right to choose to accept the responsibility or not.

If men should be forced to pay child support women should be forced to keep their babies.vice versa

There's a lot wrong with these statements. You and the woman made a baby. And you don't get to choose to be responsible to it. You ARE to care for that baby. I already mentioned why it is necessary... The woman is not getting herself pregnant, so either way(abort or pay), you cannot remove yourself. If I self-reproduce, then I have no business with your provision.

feminism has done alot for women,at least ladies can go to school,vote,etc..I commend the movement for it.
Its a pro-woman movement,I accept,it will never see things from a man perspective and look for men. Its goal is to save women alone from patriarchal system and ignore the man. I accept. Men should seek out for themselves,that is why we have the redpill.

What ever. We should all be better. But if women are a particular way, you wouldn't have to be all things.

If women don't expect bride price, then you don't pay.
If women are not shamed, then they'll ask you out more.
If women are financially free, you get to not work for a woman.
If women are not sexually inhibited, then they'll be wild, take initiative on the bed. You also wouldn't have women conflating yes and no, doing push and pull with consent.
And so on and so forth.

Women changing (in every aspect) will automatically shatter some ''abnormals.''

My problem with feminists is that when tables are turned they use the line"the effects on men are mild" as an excuse to ignore men plight. They start using dynamics of power and strength to place women as the real victims. What is wrong is wrong, whether men can swallow it or not.

The issue of making misogyny an offence came up,the men's right movement pushed for making misandry as well a crime. Feminists were angry and claimed that misandry has little effect on men.

Yes matriarchy is a response to patriarchy. Is it a justified response or egalitarianism should be the response? Its like switching from one subjugation to another.
"Females are superior to males " ideology used to compensate females is not better than patriarchy.

I hope when men reacts to Matriarchy with blunt force,they will be allowed to do so.

Whatever, but matriarchy/misandry is not a thing [if there's an academic/sociological proof or research, I'll like to see it]. And in cases where women are favoured above men, it's not systematic. Collectively created by women.

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 01, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I do agree that women are the most difficult gender to fight for.

Men flood prisons because they are more aggressive and violent in nature and hence more likely to commit crimes.

There's a psychology that goes on with the abuse victim regardless of gender that makes it hard for them to come out of their predicament. I am not saying women are saints, but with the laws we have in Nigeria, it is more skewed in favor of men.
Most crimes Men get into do not come along with aggression neither do they all exhibit violence. Most crimes are borne out of Pressure. As a matter of fact, Women are the major exhibitors of aggression and violence when it involves crimes.

Yes you are right, both genders when affected have the tendencies of repelling efforts geared at redemption, however the difficulties that comes with helping unstable minds of different genders aren't on equal balance. Men are easier to help.

BTW what laws? I think you mistake practices for laws. Laws in Nigeria aren't skewed in favor of Men but Women. However some practices are and that is why the law is there to save but most women are just to weak, unconcerned, confused, ignorant and lazy to fight for their rights.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by pansophist(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2020
@magnoliaa

Your first sentence stems from the belief that men are inherently violent and aggressive, which suggests that men derive pleasure from killing each other, and it is our fault. I will refrain from going deep into that narrative, but what I am gonna tell you is this. Without men's aggression and a tendency for violence, we both will not be having this discussion now. As men are fuelled by testosterone, it has helped them played a crucial part in moving humanity forward such as hunting down animals that threatened our survival, keeping your neighborhood safe so you can sleep with your eyes closed, and being the bedrock that you can run to, if shit happens. It is this aggression, allied with a determination that led Nelson Mandela to still fight for the freedom of his people after over two decades in prison.

Furthermore, there has never been any time in human history where there is a gender war between men and women. It has always been between tribes, countries, and civilizations, and it has been the responsibility of men to defend their land and people, with assistance from the women, so saying that ''men are the victims of other men'' is a shameful way to look at history and the contributions men have made to bring us this far. If men didn't make themselves strong and ready to fight off invaders, that will be the end of that society, they will be killed and their women raped and taken as slaves.

Even though I may share the same gender with a male tiger, it doesn't mean we have some kind of male alliance so we can jointly oppress women together. The same logic can be used between men of one civilization of the other. Being strong is necessary, as, without it, one will be at the mercy of others. Even at a small-scale, you will probably seek the intervention of a man if you are in danger. most women will. If I have to explain this, it only goes to validate the notion that is common here on nairaland, which is that men are disposable, as it seems like men's sacrifice is not even acknowledged, talk more of appreciating, but instead, you blame it on them.

The 'issues' men face, as you pointed out are not because of women/matriarchy. That's the difference. Whatever a man does FOR a woman is for himself. E.g, a man taking sex-enhancing drugs to satisfy his woman, no. He's doing it for his own ego and how long he can last. A man going to fight wars, make ends meet is because his worth is tied to that. Everything they do for women is because of themselves. Whether consciously or subconsciously.

I actually laughed really hard when I read this part, like really?

You are intellectually dishonest. Women want good sex from men, and men know this first hand. It baffles me the way you talk as if you were a man in your past life because this doesn't make any sense. Men are judged harshly for their penis size, performance, and ability to give her orgasm. In sex, most women are reactive, while men are proactive.

A few years ago, Tonto Dike went live broadcasting that his ex Husband Churchill was a one-minute man and couldn't satisfy her sexually. If men are trying to satisfy their ego by taking sexual enhancing drugs, why do women complain when men cannot satisfy them sexually? Why is every Love Machine I see online over six inches in length and wider in girth than the average male penis? ever heard of Okafor law, you know its real right? grin A simple google search will show you that most women aren't sexually satisfied. I am not sure if you are playing ''try your luck argument here, where one will say something that doesn't make sense and hope the other person didn't notice. smh.

Just to reply to your first paragraph, I have to write this much. I decided to not reply to the others because it makes no sense, but kingarthur21 has helped me out, I will pause here. Depending on your response to this answer, I may decide to respond to them, if needed.

10 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 01, 2020
Ariza:
Most crimes Men get into do not come along with aggression neither do they all exhibit violence. Most crimes are borne out of Pressure. As a matter of fact, Women are the major exhibitors of aggression and violence when it involves crimes.

Yes you are right, both genders when affected have the tendencies of repelling efforts geared at redemption, however the difficulties that comes with helping unstable minds of different genders aren't on equal balance. Men are easier to help.

BTW what laws? I think you mistake practices for laws. Laws in Nigeria aren't skewed in favor of Men but Women. However some practices are and that is why the law is there to save but most women are just to weak, unconcerned, confused, ignorant and lazy to fight for their rights.
have you visited the north. Women need sound education. Seriously.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Kingarthur21: 11:51pm On May 01, 2020
Magnoliaa:

No. I did neither. I'm only saying what is.

I did not say alll thesee. You're going off on a tangent. ?? In reality, how many women are wrecking havoc in the world? See, if more women become terrorists, etc (i.e they become more violent, 'manly', and so on), trust me the number of women in the defense forces will rise. But when WE advocate for women going into these fields, anti-feminists say it is unnatural. And yet still demand for women fighters? You cannot demand for something you vehemently oppose its happening.

What is it about at the end of the day? Valour, honour, violence, financial responsibility. . . It's all things men take pride in. Are you saying now that men don't do things for their ego? The Chase, hunt and all that? That's what I'm saying, don't get me wrong. Whether it's bad or not, or whether it is beneficial to them or not is another case.

Men uphold other men to these standards.
Lemme ask you personally, if you had the choice, like absolutely do, would you do these things? Put your life on hold, run into a fire and die? Think deeply. You just might been socialised into being A MAN. That should be all things to a woman. Would you rather not do these things?

You don't always have to agree with me, and neither am I meant to fit a mould you thought.

Feminsts do not say men and women are equal in strength. That's all been anti-feminists arguments. Feminists have never, ever said we are same biologically. What argument is this, where? When? I accept that strength can work against us in some cases. But all of this is more than strength. Far from it.

That's in a context. If you followed the convo. also you'll get her point.

Because it's from FEMINIsm's point of view. Again, have your listened to feminists talking about the effects of patriarchy on men? Even C.N.A acknowledges this.
Are women responsible? No. Patriarchy hurts both men and women, so when feminism talk about women issues and what men do to them, you bring your cases, too. Cases that are caused by men. So ''men, too'' is not an argument against feminism. I'm saying women are not the cause of your woes, so patriarchy is real. And yes, women enable patriarchy too.

Right. World fighting for women when feminism isn't even 200 years old. The 'girl child' narrative is a recent culture.

It is men making the rules lol.

But I'm not doing this again. You can research it. Bottom line is: are women the cause?

I perfectly understand your reasoning and troubles (maybe partly), it is valid. You can talk about it, heal, and do all sorts. But whatever y'all go through is not because of some hate spread by women to make you miserable. Patriarchy causes OUR (gender) problems. That's what I'm highlighting.

Is it not acceptable?

LOL. So, me, that refuses to buy a pet is equal to a person who bought a pet and absconded? Leaving it to roam in the streets, eating garbage? Dumping the responsibility on a family member?

Don't even go here. No comparison at all.

Fact is: most women are staying and living with the consequences of their actions - having sex WITH a man. Most men are FREE to run away. We have single mothers for a reason. Now, both of them have reasons why they wouldn't want to stay, but only the mother remain.

There's a lot wrong with these statements. You and the woman made a baby. And you don't get to choose to be responsible to it. You ARE to care for that baby. I already mentioned why it is necessary... The woman is not getting herself pregnant, so either way(abort or pay), you cannot remove yourself. If I self-reproduce, then I have no business with your provision.

What ever. We should all be better. But if women are a particular way, you wouldn't have to be all things.

If women don't expect bride price, then you don't pay.
If women are not shamed, then they'll ask you out more.
If women are financially free, you get to not work for a woman.
If women are not sexually inhibited, then they'll be wild, take initiative on the bed. You also wouldn't have women conflating yes and no, doing push and pull with consent.
And so on and so forth.

Women changing (in every aspect) will automatically shatter some ''abnormals.''

Whatever, but matriarchy/misandry is not a thing [if there's an academic/sociological proof or research, I'll like to see it]. And in cases where women are favoured above men, it's not systematic. Collectively created by women.
i couldnt go through the stress of quoting individually ,i hope you can link my comments to the posts they were directed at.
you still didn't get my point on the abortion and child support. YOU SAID a man must cater for a baby because he was involved in the sex,why is a man choice not considered when making the decision about the baby? Why must his pocket be involved but his say on whether to keep the pregnancy or not ,not be considered?
They both made the baby,both should be included in the decision to keep or terminate the pregnancy.

Lol..google is your friend,do browse about misandry and matriarchy.
In other words clamour for equality and a revolution is tied down to how prominent an issue is and whether its systematic or not?

Your pet analogy is so flawed,using it to juxtapose my point was a wrong idea.
Why not use this example,

Mr A and Mrs B are at a pet shop . it is expected they purchase a pet for entering the pet shop. The lady holds the pet and insists they take it home but the man for reasons isn't ready to have a pet tells her to drop it off but she refuses and purchases it.
The man is later forced to be caring for the pet when he kicked against her purchasing it because they both entered the shop (signifying sex).

Needles to say the issue of abortion and child raising should be mutually agreed it,its not only when child support is needed a man must be involved the couple owns the foetus right from conception not just her. You can't exclude his rights and decision throughout gestation and childbirth but only regard his involvement in the sex when child support is needed.

So you are blaming men for women woes and blaiming patriarchy for men woes?
Feminists dont ever wanna agree that women also oppress men to some extents they turn the blame on patriarchy..
When a man abuses or subjugates women he is an oppressor, but when women do so well "it is patriarchy that caused it" . when laws disfavor men you use "is it not men that made the laws " as excuse. In that case should oppression of women by their fellow women be overlooked since its females that put it in place? Take for instance mother in law and daughter in law feuds ,where MIL subjects their DIL to vigorous labour and abuses and threats should be ignored since its their fellow women that perpetrate it?

Needless to say,there is a need for revolution and eradication of patriarchy, the question boils down to how? How should feminism be carried out that there us equality and not a gynocentric world emerges ?else we have men groups popping up claiming victims and then starting up their movement till the world become a man versus woman world!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 12:43am On May 02, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
have you visited the north. Women need sound education. Seriously.
North? You mean Northerners? grin those ones are in their own world ooo. Their lives no just gree with others. grin grin Both Men and Women need education.

In all, I believe young couples/parents these day should endeavor to raise their children better.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 12:58am On May 02, 2020
Kingarthur21:
you remind of Michelle kabod
I miss her too.
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 2:31am On May 02, 2020
Ariza:
North? You mean Northerners? grin those ones are in their own world ooo. Their lives no just gree with others. grin grin Both Men and Women need education.

In all, I believe young couples/parents these day should endeavor to raise their children better.
I completely agree
Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Magnoliaa(f): 3:02am On May 02, 2020
pansophist:
@magnoliaa

Your first sentence stems from the belief that men are inherently violent and aggressive, which suggests that men derive pleasure from killing each other, and it is our fault.

You agreed that men perpetrate violence against themselves then.

I will refrain from going deep into that narrative, but what I am gonna tell you is this. Without men's aggression and a tendency for violence, we both will not be having this discussion now.

Sure. Just like how women also helped preserve the human race from going extinct and we are here. They kept the social world and other non-physical aspect that makes us us.

As men are fuelled by testosterone, it has helped them played a crucial part in moving humanity forward such as hunting down animals that threatened our survival, keeping your neighborhood safe so you can sleep with your eyes closed, and being the bedrock that you can run to, if shit happens. It is this aggression, allied with a determination that led Nelson Mandela to still fight for the freedom of his people after over two decades in prison.

And there's a Rosa Parks in history too. Just saying.

Great. We have moved here all the way from the previous eras. And all you just described isn't patriarchy? Yes, men did all those and more. So what's that? Men marry women through bride price, the woman goes to live in the family's house, things are only passed down through the father's line, only his name is recognized, etc. That is not patriarchy?

You actually used the term I was about to give you first lol. You're the intellectually dishonest one here. I'm surprised, for all you know and how your present your views, you say patriarchy isn't real. That's always been your stance. Even the other men on here do not deny that. You tried to discredit feminism. Talking about how men have it worse. And I say they are not on the same path at all. Your words, ''what about the boys? What about the countless men killed by boko haram?'' prompted me mentioning that men are responsible for these things. It's a part of the issue - toxic masculinity. You make things look as if there's a collective bias against men in these situations.

Were those behaviours necessary? Yes. Healthy? No.

Furthermore, there has never been any time in human history where there is a gender war between men and women. It has always been between tribes, countries, and civilizations, and it has been the responsibility of men to defend their land and people, with assistance from the women, so saying that ''men are the victims of other men'' is a shameful way to look at history and the contributions men have made to bring us this far. If men didn't make themselves strong and ready to fight off invaders, that will be the end of that society, they will be killed and their women raped and taken as slaves.

I don't know what you're doing here. Shameful way, selfish, inconsiderate, bla bla bla... Your perception is colouring how you're interpreting my words. It is what it is. I am saying what is. That's how it happened. I'm not disputing the reasons, and effects and all that. My messages are simple and straightforward. The main reason I quoted you was because of you trying to invalidate feminism and place patriarchy side by side with matriarchy. Or are you saying women should keep quiet because men are going through worse? Boys are being killed by boko haram? Same men kill men and women. So what's your point? Addressing the issue of men being more violent reduces the number of men at the receiving end also.

Even though I may share the same gender with a male tiger, it doesn't mean we have some kind of male alliance so we can jointly oppress women together. The same logic can be used between men of one civilization of the other. Being strong is necessary, as, without it, one will be at the mercy of others. Even at a small-scale, you will probably seek the intervention of a man if you are in danger. most women will. If I have to explain this, it only goes to validate the notion that is common here on nairaland, which is that men are disposable, as it seems like men's sacrifice is not even acknowledged, talk more of appreciating, but instead, you blame it on them.

Is the everyday life in a city filled with danger and perilous? Is strength the only important attribute for survival?

On other things you said, believe what you want.

I actually laughed really hard when I read this part, like really?

You are intellectually dishonest. Women want good sex from men, and men know this first hand.

Yes, they do. That is for *women who knows*. Lesser than the number of women out there who are ignorant, repressed and just allow.

And then how many men are actually good? And what's your point here? Does it change the fact that it boosts their ego?

It baffles me the way you talk as if you were a man in your past life because this doesn't make any sense. Men are judged harshly for their penis size, performance, and ability to give her orgasm. In sex, most women are reactive, while men are proactive.

I'm a woman, so I should know things about women, who are the receivers in this case.

A few years ago, Tonto Dike went live broadcasting that his ex Husband Churchill was a one-minute man and couldn't satisfy her sexually. If men are trying to satisfy their ego by taking sexual enhancing drugs, why do women complain when men cannot satisfy them sexually? Why is every Love Machine I see online over six inches in length and wider in girth than the average male penis? ever heard of Okafor law, you know its real right? grin A simple google search will show you that most women aren't sexually satisfied.[ I am not sure if you are playing ''try your luck argument here, where one will say something that doesn't make sense and hope the other person didn't notice. smh.

@ bolded. So you know this. Why are women not sexually satisfied? You think if they have considerate and selfless partners who put them first, they wouldn't be? (p.s, you do not necessarily need all those external enhancers to enjoy sex). Sex has always been something a man take. Women demanding for more, and the increase of that is fairly new. Do men not brag about their conquests? undecided How well they can hook a woman with mindblowing sex?? I don't get why you are arguing this, I swear. The 'conquering' of a woman is tied to their ego! Gosh. Women fake orgasm for that reason. In time past (even till now), your ability to impregnate a woman is tied to the respect you get from your kinsfolk. In the community. Isn't a man's ability to provide for a woman tied to his self-worth? Is this too hard to...

And another one. Yehh, I'm arguing blindly here. So darn right.

Just to reply to your first paragraph, I have to write this much. I decided to not reply to the others because it makes no sense, but kingarthur21 has helped me out, I will pause here. Depending on your response to this answer, I may decide to respond to them, if needed.

Just stop here ohh. Do not reply at all.

Don't.i beg you. How could it make sense na. Matriachy that you can't prove. I don't care for the hows, whys, and other considerations in this discussion (I didn't say they are unimportant, unnecessary now), you quoted funmisticqueen trying to show how matriarchy exist and its working against men. You were trying to mirror, or what did you say.

That's what I contended.

It's as straightforward as that. They are not same. And don't operate at the same rate...

2 Likes

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Nobody: 5:35am On May 02, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You do not even always try to understand the posts you're countering. Always conflicting things.

'Strawmanning.'
you are not bright at all, reread the post again. Like I said, you lack comprehension seriously.

was that the only thing in my initial post? The reason I brought up the differences in men and women was because of something op wrote.

I have addressed this before. Masculinity or Femininity was never the problem. Society distinguishes between male and female because that is the right thing or would you rather they stop teaching biology in schools?

you know nothing, I never said feminism is transgenderism, learn to comprehend something before quoting.

1 Like

Re: The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon by Kingarthur21: 7:34am On May 02, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You agreed that men perpetrate violence against themselves then.

Sure. Just like how women also helped preserve the human race from going extinct and we are here. They kept the social world and other non-physical aspect that makes us us.

And there's a Rosa Parks in history too. Just saying.

Great. We have moved here all the way from the previous eras. And all you just described isn't patriarchy? Yes, men did all those and more. So what's that? Men marry women through bride price, the woman goes to live in the family's house, things are only passed down through the father's line, only his name is recognized, etc. That is not patriarchy?

You actually used the term I was about to give you first lol. You're the intellectually dishonest one here. I'm surprised, for all you know and how your present your views, you say patriarchy isn't real. That's always been your stance. Even the other men on here do not deny that. You tried to discredit feminism. Talking about how men have it worse. And I say they are not on the same path at all. Your words, ''what about the boys? What about the countless men killed by boko haram?'' prompted me mentioning that men are responsible for these things. It's a part of the issue - toxic masculinity. You make things look as if there's a collective bias against men in these situations.

Were those behaviours necessary? Yes. Healthy? No.

I don't know what you're doing here. Shameful way, selfish, inconsiderate, bla bla bla... Your perception is colouring how you're interpreting my words. It is what it is. I am saying what is. That's how it happened. I'm not disputing the reasons, and effects and all that. My messages are simple and straightforward. The main reason I quoted you was because of you trying to invalidate feminism and place patriarchy side by side with matriarchy. Or are you saying women should keep quiet because men are going through worse? Boys are being killed by boko haram? Same men kill men and women. So what's your point? Addressing the issue of men being more violent reduces the number of men at the receiving end also.

Is the everyday life in a city filled with danger and perilous? Is strength the only important attribute for survival?

On other things you said, believe what you want.

Yes, they do. That is for *women who knows*. Lesser than the number of women out there who are ignorant, repressed and just allow.

And then how many men are actually good? And what's your point here? Does it change the fact that it boosts their ego?

I'm a woman, so I should know things about women, who are the receivers in this case.

@ bolded. So you know this. Why are women not sexually satisfied? You think if they have considerate and selfless partners who put them first, they wouldn't be? (p.s, you do not necessarily need all those external enhancers to enjoy sex). Sex has always been something a man take. Women demanding for more, and the increase of that is fairly new. Do men not brag about their conquests? undecided How well they can hook a woman with mindblowing sex?? I don't get why you are arguing this, I swear. The 'conquering' of a woman is tied to their ego! Gosh. Women fake orgasm for that reason. In time past (even till now), your ability to impregnate a woman is tied to the respect you get from your kinsfolk. In the community. Isn't a man's ability to provide for a woman tied to his self-worth? Is this too hard to...

And another one. Yehh, I'm arguing blindly here. So darn right.

Just stop here ohh. Do not reply at all.

Don't.i beg you. How could it make sense na. Matriachy that you can't prove. I don't care for the hows, whys, and other considerations in this discussion (I didn't say they are unimportant, unnecessary now), you quoted funmisticqueen trying to show how matriarchy exist and its working against men. You were trying to mirror, or what did you say.

That's what I contended.

It's as straightforward as that. They are not same. And don't operate at the same rate...
why are you bent on discrediting men claim of matriarchy?why don't feminists focus on laying out their case against patriarchy, fighting for liberation and leaving men to lay out whatever case they have against matriarchy?

You feminists making feminism gynocentric, for the women alone,your fight and focus for women,you didn't include men plight,we should sort ourselves and form our own rights movement (I get this when I try to tell feminists that men and women also suffer and they should see things from both sides but the snap back that we should start our own movements). Now guys are laying their plights you are subtly silencing then with the
1)you can't compare men plight with ladies plight,they are lesser.
2)are men plight not caused by men?
3)all men suffer is to boost their ego,they go through it because it is attached to their worth.
So if we are to go by this logic,all women suffer ranging from enduring domestic violence at home,submissiveness and infidelity she does so because it is attached to her worth ie ability to keep a marriage,thus she shouldn't call it oppression, we should what she does to keep her home ,it is for herself?

So if men independently chose to start their movement perhaps what we call menininism, feminists will leave their lane to tell us we have no claim?
You want to hold the victim card to the end.
Men's right movement isn't popular yet they face this opposition when stating their plight?wow I Wonder how they will shoved aside when advocating for themselves. Pansophist men have a long way to go.

I guess by matriarchy he refers to a gynocentric society

Edited
On the sex being what men take,you are changing your mouth,I have seen a post in the past where you said if men and women have sex none used each other,they both enjoyed themselves.
Anyway,men enjoy themselves because they work for it,we sweat,we thrust why she lays down. If she wants pleasure she should get to work the way we do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was The Guy Wrong For Doing This? (screenshots) / How I Was Molested By Our House girl Years A Ago, My Only Regret Is That / Hijab Sister and Her Man Kissed Publicly In a Shopping Mall, Nigerians react

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 274
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.