Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug (76865 Views)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by LegendHero(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2020
nograv:

One love my brother. I am only putting an idea out there.

As for Igbos, their greatest failing is their arrogance and clannishness. I have said as much in many other posts..

It was their arrogance and unwillingness to accept any northern idea of Northern political influence that led to the infamous Igbo coup. That coup backfired spectacularly and led to the political situation we have today after the Northern counter coup..

So yes the igbos do have their flaws..

Even the constant bleating and chest beating can be tiresome

But you can reason with an Igbo, as you can reason with a Tiv, Efik or Deltan. When a Fulani or Kanuri doesnt get his way he soon resorts to cutlass..

Now you’re trying to give a balanced view and this is how it should be. Someone like you have an advantage due to the fact that you’re a combination of both tribe.

Nigeria problem is a creation of the three tribes and I can even say Igbo and Hausa/Fulanis made sure this nation is destroyed from the onset. The coup and counter coup is centered on greed and hijacking power that truncated the working regional government.

Akintola was not honored in Yorubaland today simply because he was pro-North. Infact the only thing left of his legacy is the LAUTECH named after him. Besides the civil war that’s a war of Nigeria against the secessionist, Awo spent most of his life to oppose the northerners.

I don’t blame the Igbos too because everyone always see life from their perspective. They have every reason to resent the Yorubas but I hate it when they accuse the Yorubas of things they have done countless times. Politics is a dangerous game and you don’t just resort to blackmailing or emotional pity to win favor. It’s a game of winner take all.

I will keep saying it, the Igbos and Yorubas can’t coexist peacefully in a single country because judging from our history since 1959, we have always opposed each other. We’ve always think differently and no time did we ever had the same political philosophy except maybe 2003 - 2011 when Yorubas had to support PDP OBJ and Jonathan.

Yes the North have exploited the animosity between us to their advantage and that’s because they have the population. Democracy is a game of numbers and whoever has the number will always have an input in the end game.

It will be either Biafra and Oduduwa separately or maybe restructuring this entity to go back to regional system.

Then people with dual tribe like you will have to choose on the the place to stay just like the issue of the partition of Pakistan and Indian where people had to choose one.

Our unity will just be based on finding a common ground to achieve the breakup or restructuring of this country. Then after unifying you achieve that, every tribe should forge their own way.

Just like we all did when getting independence from Britain.

Enjoy the rest of your day bro.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Gracchus: 10:43pm On May 02, 2020
Covidodo:

Those Igbo people are hypocrites.
See the way they were sharing gala and fanyogo on that thread .
Yorubas and Igbos have nothing in common and that's a fact and I actually despise them as much as I despise the Northerners .

Dunno why the AG didn't stand their ground on the issue of the secession clause
I swear to God bro, I keep saying it, we have nothing to do with that tribe, all through our precolonial history, we had no contact whatsoever with them,and thanks to nature, we still share no borders with them in anyway. Everyone should face his region abeg. These guys meddle too much in our affairs, in fact, on twitter, there was a guy who threatened a "prospective pdp governorship candidate" in Lagos state for 2023 elections , Mr Babatunde Gbadamosi, that because he insulted Igbos, he will make sure he doesn't get the pdp ticket, can you just imagine that nauseating and disgusting statement?? Someone from a tribe 500 kilometers away from, whom we have nothing in common with threatening an indigine of a state?? Just imagine!!!! I no blame them, na pdp wey dry do like mumu and pacify them in there desperation to rule Lagos. Just see how we do not even meddle in their useless and boring elections, elections that you already know who would win, while they put their putrid orifices in our own elections, na dem carry Fayose for head, na dem criticize aregebsola pass, now na dem dey hail Makinde, meanwhile these our governors do not even give a damn about them. I do truly hope Nigeria divides quickly, at least dey gon face their side while we face ours too...

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Covidodo: 10:50pm On May 02, 2020
Gracchus:
I swear to God bro, I keep saying it, we have nothing to do with that tribe, all through our precolonial history, we had no contact whatsoever with them,and thanks to nature, we still share no borders with them in anyway. Everyone should face his region abeg. These guys meddle too much in our affairs, in fact, on twitter, there was a guy who threatened a "prospective pdp governorship candidate" in Lagos state for 2023 elections , Mr Babatunde Gbadamosi, that because he insulted Igbos, he will make sure he doesn't get the pdp ticket, can you just imagine that nauseating and disgusting statement?? Someone from a tribe 500 kilometers away from, whom we have nothing in common with threatening an indigine of a state?? Just imagine!!!! I no blame them, na pdp wey dry do like mumu and pacify them in there desperation to rule Lagos. Just see how we do not even meddle in their useless and boring elections, elections that you already know who would win, while they put their putrid orifices in our own elections, na dem carry Fayose for head, na dem criticize aregebsola pass, now na dem dey hail Makinde, meanwhile these our governors do not even give a damn about them. I do truly hope Nigeria divides quickly, at least dey gon face their side while we face ours too...
May Olodumare bless you my brother .
You have said it all .
Bro , try as much as possible to educate Yoruba people around you too. That's what I do now .

I've converted nothing less than 10 of my friends and acquaintances from pro Nigeria to Pro oodua republic .
Our people need to know that nothing good can come out of this union called Nigeria
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Gracchus: 10:57pm On May 02, 2020
Covidodo:

May Olodumare bless you my brother .
You have said it all .
Bro , try as much as possible to educate Yoruba people around you too. That's what I do now .

I've converted nothing less than 10 of my friends and acquaintances from pro Nigeria to Pro oodua republic .
Our people need to know that nothing good can come out of this union called Nigeria

Noted bro. Oodua a gbe WA oo
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Covidodo: 10:59pm On May 02, 2020
Gracchus:
Noted bro. Oodua a gbe WA oo
Ase
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Nobody: 10:17am On May 03, 2020
nograv:

Chai, which igbo man stole your wife? shocked

When Southern Nigeria comes, people like you will be sent to camps for re-education. cheesy

Southern Nigeria is loading whether you like it or not...

my brother cool
Southern gini? Even Igbos don't want the same country with the Yorubas. Maybe you meant SE/SS though.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Crispels(m): 2:32pm On May 03, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Just because he is of Niggerian origins doesnt mean he is representing Nigeria. The only flag he is flying is his own ...and the flag of the country that ebcouraged him to be who he is.
Send hom back to thay shithole to share his knowledge, he wont last a week

This is not true. There are many Nigerian doctors here in the US who travel to Nigeria more than 6 times a year to offer free medical services to Nigerians.

In fact, this particular neurosurgeon(in the CNN link I will share below) travels to Nigeria every month to offer his services. The fact that you are in the US does not mean you hate Nigeria. Many of us here even owe everything we are to the Nigerian people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/03/africa/dr-sulaiman-free-surgeries-intl/index.html

Cc omoteacher.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Crispels(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
easyelliot:
Unfortunately, calling him Nigerian at this point does nothing. He is an American doctor doing great things, chikena.

He does not claim to be an American doctor. He was born and trained in Nigeria. Americans don’t see immigrants that way. Even the Nigerians who were born and raised here in the US are still referred to as Nigerians or worse case scenario: Nigerian-Americans.
Read about this doctor below. Regardless of how long you’ve been in the US, you will always be a Nigerian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/03/africa/dr-sulaiman-free-surgeries-intl/index.html
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Jaqenhghar: 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
Crispels:

This is not true. There are many Nigerian doctors here in the US who travel to Nigeria more than 6 times a year to offer free medical services to Nigerians.

In fact, this particular neurosurgeon(in the CNN link I will share below) travels to Nigeria every month to offer his services. The fact that you are in the US does not mean you hate Nigeria. Many of us here even owe everything we are to the Nigerian people.

Cc omoteacher.
I heard of that doctor. I'm not saying it makes him less a Niggerian. My point is if he makes a breakthrough it will be an American discovery registered in the US. It wont ve a Nigerian discovery in US. Same way Hakeem Olajuwon won gold for the US. It will go in history as an American gold. He stood on that podium and made america proud, waving the American flag. You feel me?
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Crispels(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2020
Truthbites:
Nigeria too claim. The Dr probably suffered all his life here and relocated abroad. Today una de claim am. He's American, 'Beach' pls...!

Nigerians abroad don’t see things this way.
He does not claim to be an American doctor. He was born and trained in Nigeria. Americans don’t see immigrants that way. Even the Nigerians who were born and raised here in the US are still referred to as Nigerians or worse case scenario: Nigerian-Americans.
Read about this doctor below - he travels to Nigeria every month to offer free medical services. Regardless of how long you’ve been in the US, you will always be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Truthbites: 4:56pm On May 03, 2020
Crispels:

Nigerians abroad don’t see things this way.
Read about this doctor below - he travels to Nigeria every month to offer free medical services. Regardless of how long you’ve been in the US, you will always be a Nigerian.

Thanks..but if na me,I nor go let Naija claim me
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 5:15pm On May 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
then why are you complaining that you have not rule this country since 1999.? Igbos ruled this country for good 6yrs. GEJ is an igbo man.
So if igbo (GEJ) rule this country for 6yrs why are you people crying that you have been marginalized.
From now God will punish any idiot that will say igbos never rule this country since the return of democracy.
The central bank governor is an igbo man.
The deputy senate president is an igbo man
The chief of naval staff is an igbo man
Now , I don't want to hear any idiot crying of marginalization.
See as you are talking as if it's through this writeup that you people labelled Jonathan igbo

As if we have not shouldered the consequences of you people labelling Jonathan as igbo

As if what the igbos are suffering today is not because you people labeled Jonathan as igbo since he took over power in 2009

See you talking as if you spare any of those people you mentioned whenever you are on your religious killing spree/riots against the igbos

Oya answer me,
Don't you kill all of these people you mentioned in your writeup whenever you are killing igbos in the north?
You have grouped everybody in the east already as igbos long ago, so stop being politically wise

I was originally talking about the north and not hausa but you are the one that brought the issue of gowon not being hausa.
I listed ten rulers from the north to you and asked you to also name southern rulers so that you will how deep your people have plunged this country into Mess and are refusing restructuring

Please what is power, mineral resources, policing, LGA creation, sea port, air port doing in exclusive list
We can never grow like this
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Miracle1991: 9:11pm On May 03, 2020
bigfish3k:

See as you are talking as if it's through this writeup that you people labelled Jonathan igbo

As if we have not shouldered the consequences of you people labelling Jonathan as igbo

As if what the igbos are suffering today is not because you people labeled Jonathan as igbo since he took over power in 2009

See you talking as if you spare any of those people you mentioned whenever you are on your religious killing spree/riots against the igbos

Oya answer me,
Don't you kill all of these people you mentioned in your writeup whenever you are killing igbos in the north?
You have grouped everybody in the east already as igbos long ago, so stop being politically wise

I was originally talking about the north and not hausa but you are the one that brought the issue of gowon not being hausa.
I listed ten rulers from the north to you and asked you to also name southern rulers so that you will how deep your people have plunged this country into Mess and are refusing restructuring

Please what is power, mineral resources, policing, LGA creation, sea port, air port doing in exclusive list
We can never grow like this
stop disgracing yourself. You said gowon is hausa because he is from the north and I also told you that GEJ is igbo because he is from the south. That means nothing like marginalization, every region has rule this country.
You are talking about exclusive list. Pls ask Ironsi, why did he bring the unity type of government? Or do you forget about decree 34?
The truth is that igbos are full of hate and greed and that is the origin of their problems.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 9:49pm On May 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
stop disgracing yourself. You said gowon is hausa because he is from the north and I also told you that GEJ is igbo because he is from the south. That means nothing like marginalization, every region has rule this country.
You are talking about exclusive list. Pls ask Ironsi, why did he bring the unity type of government? Or do you forget about decree 34?
The truth is that igbos are full of hate and greed and that is the origin of their problems.
When Ironsi did decree 34 and most people were against him because it will draw the country backwards. He was even killed for it
Ojukwu an igbo man remedied it with aburi accord in Ghana.

Yoruba and the north were the latest people to scatter it by waging a war against it and the east.

Can you tell me why it is still in place even though it is not working
I would have thought that you killed aguiyi Ironsi to remedy the situation and not to retain the rubbish he created
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by easyelliot(m): 1:50am On May 04, 2020
Crispels:

Read about this doctor below. Regardless of how long you’ve been in the US, you will always be a Nigerian.

If they asked him to come home permanently, would he? The answer is no, so what does that make him? Just saying
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by shockingist: 9:28pm On May 04, 2020
Miracle1991:
I hope to see you clapping for Buhari if 30,000 Nigerians die of covid19 since you are clapping for Trump who have about 65000 dead bodies now.
Hypocrites.
Children of hate.

You are unreasonable.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 3:47pm On May 07, 2020
Covidodo:

Idiot ...
How did you leave when Ekueme was Shagari's deputy from 1979 through 1983. Who were the people that formed PDP in 1999. Were Ibos not Senate presidents from 1993 to 2003. So , how did you leave mainstream politics

May God destroy every one that removed history from Nigeria's school curriculum.

Some of you poorly educated louts actually thought Nigeria began in 2015.
The only main stream that I know is the office of the president
He calls the shot. He can bench and quarantine the VP as can be seen happening now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Nmachukwuonyema: 7:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Please how do I get your number @peacemara54, I want to venture into honey business
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Preffered: 5:46am On Aug 12, 2020
majorstark:

Lets's talk

I have a CUG fro my company how can I get another two GLO CUG sims for my relatives

Which of the glo CUG is your company using? Is it the one with 500 naira monthly subscription or 600 naira monthly subscription? You can talk to me on 081 - 280- 55555 for Airtel CUG such as RCCG, POLCOM etc and MTN CUG migration and activation

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) / Why People ‘glue Together’ During Sex / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.