Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug (76874 Views)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Bimpe29: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Omoluabi.
More blessings fall on you.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Gkay1(m): 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
that's good
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by jc4real(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Babafemi Taiwo, a doctor with quite an impressive pedigree.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by ServantsOfTruth: 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
CNN and fake news are like five and six
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by shockingist: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
bjtinz:

So a drug works simply because Trump says it works, and not based on rigorous research by trained medical experts?

embarassed

You don't get my point.

Please I want your honest Answer.

Your Dad is on the Sick Bed with Covid 19.

You got a call from a nominal friend, a doctor friend and a nurse friend and they said they used chloroquine on their patients and it seem promising.

Would you leave your Dad to for months until the Chloroquine is finishes Clinical trials or read a bit more on it and try it?

My POINT.

Trump Knows People are Dying, and He advices ....Pls use Chloroquine oh, It seem promising He never said Chloroquine cures it.
And I'm sure, that has saved lot of lives

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by AdaoraNK(f): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
This people in northern Nigeria will hardly be heard of when professionals as making waves. Yet they collect biggest in allocations, infrastructure and appointments.

Late Gaddafi once said Nigeria should be diveded into 2 (north and south). Eastern Nigeria (south east and south south) are willing to stand together on their own but the south west, maybe the fear of dominatikn by Eastern Nigeria is making them to allign with northern Nigeria using the politics of numbers to remain relevant.

To our yoruba friends, in laws, brothers and colleagues: we are not begging you guys for unity but use your inner brains/minds.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Modikko(m): 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Aboki kee you there
shigoslim:
Na Aboki spoil Nigeria with their born to rule mentality. That is why we are where we are today .
If only Yoruba can wake up we could have gone far by now but their own side of greediness is killing us .
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by RuddyFusion(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yoruba Amaka
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Lexusgs430: 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Another product of brain drain........
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thenorth:
see this idiot
so na aboki has been ruling Nigeria since Independence....
how many Hausa man can you mention that rule Nigeria since Independence...
The north has ruled under
1.balewa
2.gowon
3.muritala
4.shagari
5.buhari
6.IBB
7.abacha
8.abdulsalam
9.yar adua
10.buhari

Oya please name the southerners that have ruled let's compare the numbers

6 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by mofedamijo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
His undergraduate study was at the University of Ibadan. Nigeria really needs to retrace her steps.

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by salford1: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
I knew he must be an OAU or UI alumnus.

3 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
God bless him.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by benstar90: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
No wonder Trump called President Muhammadu Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by honey930(f): 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
No need for Remdesivir.

Africa has produced the cure for COVID-19.

Thanks to Madagascar.

The "stone that the builders rejected has become...".

Proudly Africa.

Found the cure for Ebola and same for COVID-19.

Hallelujah!!!

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Skmoda360(m): 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
That's my Uncle tongue
Hahahahahahahahaha

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Ewedegubbler: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yoruba amaka.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bakynes(m): 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
AdaoraNK:
This people in northern Nigeria will hardly be heard of when professionals as making waves. Yet they collect biggest in allocations, infrastructure and appointments.

Late Gaddafi once said Nigeria should be diveded into 2 (north and south). Eastern Nigeria (south east and south south) are willing to stand together on their own but the south west, maybe the fear of dominatikn by Eastern Nigeria is making them to allign with northern Nigeria using the politics of numbers to remain relevant.

To our yoruba friends, in laws, brothers and colleagues: we are not begging you guys for unity but use your inner brains/minds.

Is like something is hurting your brain. Yorubas afraid of Eastern domination? Are you Ok? You guys have problem with this Unity by force with the South South people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Skmoda360(m): 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
honey930:
No need for Rems. Africa has produced the cure for COVID-19. Thanks to Madagascar. The "stone that the builders rejected has become...". Proudly Africa. Found the cure for Ebola and same for COVID-19. Hallelujah!!!
It's just an herb woman, it ain't a vaccine....read and understand ok....no pun intended undecided
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by sidieladaniel: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
Some fools in Nigeria are still hoping on hydroxychroloquine & even a governor of a state while the world has moved on becoz hydroxychroloquine didn't do anything.Anybody that got better wasnt becoz of hydroxychroloquine, but becoz of ur immune system.How good ur immune system is determine your survival.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by CloudResident(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
This guys profile is simply intimidating.
And he's a youth!

A classic ambassador of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Jaqenhghar: 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
goshen26:
Wow..... From UI

They get trained here and flee Nigeria because of bad governance.

I am privileged to work in a health sector of the state, and I know how Doctors complain bitterly about the ill treatment Nigeria system is giving them, most of them usually tell me how they intend leaving the country should any slight opportunity surface.

Even nurses are not left behind, they recount number of friends that have left to UK, and are enjoying the profession there
Most of the doctors who end up there are the professionals who want a sane climate to practice in peace. The lazy ones well......
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bjtinz: 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
shockingist:

You don't get my point.

Please I want your honest Answer.

Your Dad is on the Sick Bed with Covid 19.

You got a call from a nominal friend, a doctor friend and a nurse friend and they said they used chloroquine on their patients and it seem promising.

Would you leave your Dad to for months until the Chloroquine is finishes Clinical trials or read a bit more on it and try it?

My POINT.

Trump Knows People are Dying, and He advices ....Pls use Chloroquine oh, It seem promising He never said Chloroquine cures it.
And I'm sure, that has saved lot of lives

Save a lot of lives indeed. Have you seen the spiralling mortality figures?

If really it was such a promising drug, why has it not helped tame the skyrocketing deaths in US?

It's very dangerous for non-clinical persons like Trump to be making such declaration. That's my point. Particularly when the evidence of it's efficacy is cloudy.

Yes from clinical practice, I do know Chloroquine and HCQ obviously has some minimal action on covid, but clearly not as much as is being hyped.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Jaqenhghar: 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ernezee:
Yoruba AMAKA. Nigerians have always proven to be great if given the right environment. but then we're blessed with bad leaders.
Dont blame only the leaders. Niggerians generally fúck shít up by nature . Thats why the leaders dont know any better. If that man had remained in that shithole its hos colleagues and everyone that will make life miserable for him

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by 2mch(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
CloudResident:
This guys profile is simply intimidating.
And he's a youth!

A classic ambassador of Africa.
Which youth? That guy is not a youth maybe he has a young face. Someone that graduated University of Ibadan in 1991? Medicine?

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bjtinz: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
honey930:
No need for Remdesivir.

Africa has produced the cure for COVID-19.

Thanks to Madagascar.

The "stone that the builders rejected has become...".

Proudly Africa.

Found the cure for Ebola and same for COVID-19.

Hallelujah!!!

I hope you're joking sha
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by blowjohn(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to him and his team. I pray the drug turns out very effective in dealing with the virus. Those working on developing a vaccine should also double up their efforts. All hands must be on deck to defeat the virus as soon as possible.

See as u dey talk like say na u dey coordinate them

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Jaqenhghar: 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
omoteacher:
shocked

A good ambassador, keep flying naija flag high. God bless America.
Just because he is of Niggerian origins doesnt mean he is representing Nigeria. The only flag he is flying is his own ...and the flag of the country that ebcouraged him to be who he is.
Send hom back to thay shithole to share his knowledge, he wont last a week

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by honey930(f): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
We don't need vaccine. Follow the news.

Skmoda360:

It's just an herb woman, it ain't a vaccine....read and understand ok....no pun intended undecided
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by honey930(f): 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
Not at all. Follow the news.
bjtinz:

I hope you're joking sha
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Basic123: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
University of Ibadan and medicine are Siemens twins

Have you noticed that when you Google anything medical from Nigeria.. Google will display College of Medicine, Ibadan results first

5 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by SenecaTheYonger: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lmfao, and the patent is till 2034. Haahaha, Gilead is going to cash out from this drug. Can you imagine? The drug will probably cost $1000 per pill, without govt subsidy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) / Why People ‘glue Together’ During Sex / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.