Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself (6531 Views)

10 Things You Don't Know About Japanese Schools / 10 Things That Happen During Maths Exam / 10 Things Every Man Should Achieve By Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by IbokPatrick(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself

Some things are better left unsaid. If you share everything about yourself with others, you might say things that perhaps you shouldn’t.

You know… Too much info. There’s nothing wrong with keeping SOME things to yourself, and a lot of the time it’s actually better.

Sometimes, keeping things safe can also be helpful in creating success! So, here are the things that you should always keep to yourself!

1. Biggest Goals
Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself

If you have big goals, it’s probably best not to share them with others. You’re also more likely to achieve them this way.

It can be very tough because you can get super excited about them, but while you work hard to reach these goals, other people’s opinions might cause confusion.

And opinions are relative and different for everyone. It’s also really interesting to note, that studies on goal setting have shown that telling people about your goals and then getting praised for setting them, can make your brain produce the endorphins that it would, once you reached the goal.

This makes you feel like you’ve already achieved something, and then you don’t work as hard to reach your goal.

2. Good Deeds

Try not to talk much about the good things you’ve done for others. This can easily make you seem arrogant and self-serving.

Those who can see your kindness, don’t need further explanation. And if you are only doing good deeds just to brag about yourself, does it even count? Always be kind and humble.

3. Personal Life

Your personal life is your own business. There are certain things that are better kept to yourself, such as what you do under the sheets, your religious life, and your bad habits.

Telling others about your personal things will open you up to judgment and criticism. Keeping certain aspects of your life a mystery will make you come across much classier and worthy of a lot more respect.

4. Your Wealth

Some people have it better than others, and you may or may not be one of the fortunate ones. If you are, that’s great.

But it’s not wise to flaunt your wealth too much and it’s best if you keep your family’s wealth to yourself.

Money can corrupt friends and relatives, and when you have a lot of it, people around you are going to be jealous.

If you have it, enjoy it and feel good about it, but don’t brag about it. Your financial status does not pertain to anyone, but you.

5. Life Philosophy

Everyone needs to believe in something to get through the day. However, the things that provide relief are different for everyone.

For this reason, your individual preferences and beliefs are yours alone. Don't spend your precious time convincing others to think like you.

6. Family Problems

All families have drama. But these are not things you should be sharing with others.

Besides, the more you talk about your family problems, the more difficult it becomes.

It’s also very disrespectful to share your family conflicts with others and it devalues you, as a person.

Problems in the home are best resolved in the home. Of course, if there is something wrong, it’s ok to tell people who are close to you, as they can provide some support.

7. Other People’s Secrets

Do yourself a favor. Don’t be the one to talk about the private life of others. Don’t gossip about them. Just remember to mind your own business.

If someone confides in you with confidential information, it is your duty, ethically, to keep their secrets.

If you share this information with anyone else, then the trust is broken and the relationship will be severed.

Now, there are exceptions… If the situation is life-threatening or endangering the life of someone.

8. Fears & Weaknesses

Everyone has fears and weaknesses and sharing these things will not provide you comfort.

In fact, people enjoy seeing other people’s weaknesses. So don’t feed them.

You can study up on your fears and weaknesses, or if that isn’t working, get some professional help.

9. Resentments About The Past

Constantly digging up the past is not going to help. Though past experiences can easily affect today, do not let these define the moment you are in.

The best thing you can do is to express yourself at the moment. This way you can prevent past regrets and resentments. Forgive others in order to be peaceful. Move on and let go!

10. Your Talents

This one is actually something you can share with others. However, if you have special talents, don't talk about them constantly.

Only talk about them when the right time comes. Actions speak louder than words.

Conclusion

Apply this principle wherever you can. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not suggesting that you isolate yourself from the world.

But, you should have certain boundaries that are not crossed, because no matter how kind people can be, they are unpredictable.

And no matter how large the circle of people around you is, in the end, we are all on our own. Thanks for reading!

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 30, 2020
One of the best articles

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by PropertyBuying(f): 7:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Good one... But why that last point? Why should of keep his/her talent to him/herself?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lawsimon(m): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2020
PropertyBuying:
Good one... But why that last point? Why should of keep his/her talent to him/herself?

Action speaks louder than words.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Aeman(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2020
The best thing is to say that one should always keep kweit!! And not open his or her mouth to talk kawaii

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Island01: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2020
nice piece, if you're interested In making money online check my signature
have a nice day

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Joystark(f): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2020
PropertyBuying:

You do this and you get called secretive.

Ion wanna be secretive no more. angry
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Randy100: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2020
If I don't tell people how good l am, who will. I love blowing my trumpet.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nehyooh(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2020
INSIGHTFUL !
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nicklaus619(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nice piece of information op shocked
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nicklaus619(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nice piece of information op cool
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
Only 1, 3 and 7 is spot on but others is like telling the individual to be living an isolated life. If Joseph in the bible did not share his dream with his brothers he wouldn't have become a prime minister in Egypt in his day and many more stories like his.
Your fear and weaknesses whether you say it or not people will see it glaring so its better to say it to avoid regrets in life so that people can defend you that its your weakness.
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by lightdream: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thanks for sharing
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lamasta:
Only 1, 3 and 7 is spot on but others is like telling the individual to be living an isolated life. If David in the bible did not share his dream with his brothers he wouldn't have become a prime minister in Egypt in his day and many more stories like his.
Your fear and weaknesses whether you say it or not people will see it glaring so its better to say it to avoid regrets in life so that people can defend you that its your weakness.
Dude that was B.C Not this 2020 A.D
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Masonkaycares:
Dude that was B.C Not this 2020 A.D
Is there and difference between then and now? Is it not the same day and night then that we still have today abi is it not the same humans that existed in the B.C that is still existing in 2020 A.D?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lamasta:
Is there and difference between then and now? Is it not the same day and night then that we still have today abi is it not the same humans that existed in the B.C that is still existing in 2020 A.D?
Actually it wasn't David but Joseph. But remember what his dad told him?
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Masonkaycares:
Actually it wasn't David but Joseph. But remember what his dad told him?

Yes bro I have modified my post. Yes I understand You but not all dreams are kept to oneself some dreams are shared to others before manifestation takes place.
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lamasta:

Yes bro I have modified my post. Yes I understand You but not all dreams are kept to oneself some dreams are shared to others before manifestation takes place.
But Joseph's dreams was like he was bragging in front of his brothers.
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
Masonkaycares:
But Joseph's dreams was like he was bragging in front of his brothers.
The way a young boy shares his dream will be different from the way an adult will do his as in in the usage of words that will not allow the hearers to feel intimidated and plot evil to the dreamer as in the case of Joseph
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by seanwilliam(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lamasta:

care to explain?
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
care to explain?
There are some individuals that are ready to sposor that dream business of yours, that building project just name it they will only do that only when they see your proposal that is how you plan to actualize it or make it come to pass the good thing is that this individuals you don't need to know them and they too don't need to know you from adam, all they need is to hear your story or dreams and how you wish to achieve them in life and they give you there support if it is to come in as a partner or as an investor and they will gladly do but the point atimes is that most will come if they see the greenlight that You are serious in actuallizing the dream. There will be many discouragement but with determination one can breakthrough. Go and read the story of KFC etc Thats why I love reading stories of some of this successful business moguls like Donald Trump, Kiyosaki, Bishop David Oyedepo etc It all started with a dream and passion and they never kept quiet about it till today.
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Akunwafor(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
It is said that when the chicken finds Itself in a new location, it always stands with one leg up.

I think in the book, 48 laws of power, you are taught to fear the quietest person in the room.

There are tons of teachings, articles and even recorded history that shows the importance of not talking too much.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by seanwilliam(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lamasta:

There are some individuals that are ready to sposor that dream business of yours, that building project just name it they will only do that only when they see your proposal that is how you plan to actualize it or make it come to pass the good thing is that this individuals you don't need to know them and they too don't need to know you from adam, all they need is to hear your story or dreams and how you wish to achieve them in life and they give you there support if it is to come in as a partner or as an investor and they will gladly do but the point atimes is that most will come if they see the greenlight that You are serious in actuallizing the dream. There will be many discouragement but with determination one can breakthrough. Go and read the story of KFC etc Thats why I love reading stories of some of this successful business moguls like Donald Trump, Kiyosaki, Bishop David Oyedepo etc It all started with a dream and passion and they never kept quiet about it till today.
I would have been so foolish to bash u.. that is why it is advisable not rush to conclusion in discussion .. now I understand you bro.. but next time endeavor to write in full( express yourself always at the first post) so people would understand the perspective you coming from ... wouldn't have learnt this If I had not asked

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Lamasta(m): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
I would have been do foolish to bash u.. that is why it is advisable not rush to conclusion in discussion .. now I understand you bro.. but next time endeavor to write in full( express yourself always at the first post) so people would understand the perspective you coming from ... wouldn't have learnt this If I had not asked
No probs bro am happy you did not bash me sha grin
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by phantom24: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nice threads thoug the last one is off-track, my advice is never keep your problems to yourself, it leads to depression & suicide Esp in times like this where hunger is killing daily.
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by nairaman66(m): 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
The best article since corona virus and maybe one of the best article yet on nairaland! Thanks for this wonderful piece..

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by haiti007(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Keeping all, won't one be tagged greedy. Ready to take from others and not wanting to his?
Re: 10 Things You Should Always Keep To Yourself by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Op u forgot to add keeping ur secret to ursef cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Queen Irene Onwuka Foundation Gives N2million To Winners Of Quiz Competition / Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? / Welcome To LASGEMS The Schools Students Management Systems

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.