Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? (45754 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure For SSCE Holders In FRSC? / Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly / Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Coolgent(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
no one has given me a specific answer, I asked some they said 80-90k, some said 100 and above, some said 60-70 i don't know which one is legit honestly, plus I heard some say salaries were slashed due to the pandemic...
A friend of mine is currently working there since 2013.
Bsc Geography.
Though i dont know how much is his monthly salary but i know its good ( he built 2 houses)
Spent months in Germany Japan and Spain.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by GboyegaD(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2021
Blankstare:

O.p pray you get the job first, that place is very tight to enter. The salary scale is CONPSS, just like the ministry, level 8 is 56-60k there about. But the thing is there's alot of career prospects there, once you reach level 12 foreign posting don start be that with alot of estacode. All the best.

Yet, they pursue bribe abroad. The Nigerian High Commission in New York is worst.
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by ibechris(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2021
ohosi4real:
I work in ministry of education, the salary of level 8 step 7 is around 56k to 58k. Don't let people deceive you. Ministry are not paying like others federal government organization. Those who enjoys ministry work is from level 12 up.

Are u sure of this?
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by yahmohy27: 5:43pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
no one has given me a specific answer, I asked some they said 80-90k, some said 100 and above, some said 60-70 i don't know which one is legit honestly, plus I heard some say salaries were slashed due to the pandemic...
op this is the ans to your question
its btw 56k ,58k or 60k
but just has somrbody rightly said if you reach a certain level in the ministry hmmm omo na enjoyment oo
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Solatium(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
Haven't gotten the job yet. Actually all I want is to pursue my masters abroad, but my parents are reluctant, thus they are putting in a good word for me. They happen to have a very reliable connect for me which will most likely get me the job, so..

And after the masters aboard what next?
Bro don't make that mistake of going,stay back and get that job,you can even be posted to the same abroad since it's ministry of foreign affairs.
Stay back and work yourself to the top.
if you comot now na Aboki wey no go anywhere wey dey Civil service go head the place in 20yrs time and una go come dey shout say hausa dey put themselves for top position.
Na person wey dey there dey head the agencies o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by yahmohy27: 5:48pm On May 30, 2021
Solatium:

And after the masters aboard what next?
Bro don't make that mistake of going,stay back and get that job,you can even be posted to the same abroad since it's ministry of foreign affairs.
Stay back and work yourself to the top.
if you comot now na Aboki wey no go anywhere wey dey Civil service go head the place in 20yrs time and una go come dey shout say hausa dey put themselves for top position.
Na person wey dey there dey head the agencies o
gbam
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by barx(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
Good morning nairalanders in the house. Pls I will like to know the salary scale for fresh graduates recruited in the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja?

Ministries have same salary scale but they enjoy allowance so you will be happy when you get their and if lucky posted out to a good foreign country for one or two assignments. If your are favoured most of your work life will be outside the country.
While there, you can go for in-service and do your MSc while your salary is still being paid fully.
Get that job first.
Your parents are acting out of experience.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by SolarEdge: 5:51pm On May 30, 2021
Salary...how I hate that word..lolz

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Evacroft: 5:53pm On May 30, 2021
Get the job and apply for a study leave ltr.. or do your masters online.
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by MyMouth(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2021
Op when u say ministry of forign affair, u need to let us know if it's the core ministry or one of them agencies hidden under the ministry. Eg NIA, forign aid corp etc
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by ohosi4real(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=ibechris post=102202869]

Are u sure of this?[/quote
Baba no ministry is paying fresh recruit level 8. 80k to 100k. Make ur research well before you make ur decision. And for now no ministry is work since January due to coronavirus.
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Donpraiz: 5:54pm On May 30, 2021
Wonderful

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Inception(m): 5:56pm On May 30, 2021
Fidelismaria:

op

Since your parents wants you to start working

Why don't you loan me the money you want to use for your masters

I would like to do my masters too

Just thinking out loud

The soap wey you dey use ehn shocked
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by ibechris(m): 5:59pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=ohosi4real post=102203183][/quote]

I was only asking u if u were sure of what u are saying?

Because i am govt officer.
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by cyberthief(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2021
Please who knows the salary scale for level 8 ICPC

Those that works in the field and not those that work in offices
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by cyberthief(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2021
yahmohy27:

op this is the ans to your question
its btw 56k ,58k or 60k
but just has somrbody rightly said if you reach a certain level in the ministry hmmm omo na enjoyment oo

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Kzinne: 6:07pm On May 30, 2021
some people dey lucky for life.......if u see that ministry u go know say money dey the site...I dey pass that place almost every week(central business district) two bridge interval to CBN....baba get the job na betta place.
haha what a joke. That place is fine cos it's for diplomats. Salary is same as other ministries in civil service

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by cyberthief(m): 6:08pm On May 30, 2021
ibechris:

Level 9 step 7 earns N83,637 In all the ministry including foreign affairs. But with harmonisation coming every graduates are likely to earn the same pay except people who seemingly work in risk prone environment.

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by cyberthief(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2021
Blankstare:

O.p pray you get the job first, that place is very tight to enter. The salary scale is CONPSS, just like the ministry, level 8 is 56-60k there about. But the thing is there's alot of career prospects there, once you reach level 12 foreign posting don start be that with alot of estacode. All the best.

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by JesusDWay(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
Haven't gotten the job yet. Actually all I want is to pursue my masters abroad, but my parents are reluctant, thus they are putting in a good word for me. They happen to have a very reliable connect for me which will most likely get me the job, so..

If you were not born abroad and have a foreign passport then, go abroad! Your parents ain't in touch with reality and probably don't want you to go because they want to be seeing you around! Naija is not a place that is exactly reliable now and I can tell you that a Federal govt job cannot pay you 300k at entry level. Also, there's serious politicking in such environments as people from whichever part of the country will probably lobby for junior employees from their part of the country to get promoted earlier than others.

You better go do your Masters specifically in Canada. Canada because you will get work permit after your studies and consequently permanent residence. After that, work and stay till you become a citizen, you may then already know sufficiently what you will do by then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Kzinne: 6:14pm On May 30, 2021
Coolgent:

A friend of mine is currently working there since 2013.
Bsc Geography.
Though i dont know how much is his monthly salary but i know its good ( he built 2 houses)
Spent months in Germany Japan and Spain.
anyone who lives abroad and sends money home can build houses so it's no big deal. That place is hell with juju

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by samwillyco1(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
Good morning nairalanders in the house. Pls I will like to know the salary scale for fresh graduates recruited in the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja?

Please I would like us to chat privately
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Temptee101(m): 6:25pm On May 30, 2021
Fidelismaria:

op

Since your parents wants you to start working

Why don't you loan me the money you want to use for your masters

I would like to do my masters too

Just thinking out loud

grin grin
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Temptee101(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2021
Orubebe01:

Tell us how you got the job then I will tell you the salary scale

grin...he can only get a job there through serious connection.
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Alamkir: 6:28pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:
Level eight is 110 excluding allowance.... But forget the money my uncle works their he travels out like every week. Speaks about 10 important foreign language including Arabic Chinese. I guess that's why the ministry always sent him on foreign trips. All his children are us citizen and 3 are married to white. Just get the job, do ur masters on international relations and learn some foreign language, dem go use u for foreign mission tire
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by alamoht(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2021
Jayrockk:

Go and ask your parent then!
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by Gcool2(m): 6:36pm On May 30, 2021
Jerrydox:
Go for your Msc abroad first before coming to take up the offer.
Most Federal Govt jobs takes time before it materialises. Instead of waiting for something that is not certain, why no start your Msc. If your very lucky, you'll end up getting both the job and Msc.

N.B with your first degree you'll start from level 8. With Msc, you get to start with level 9.
OP,look no further ,this is the best comment....Go for your m.sc overseas, first... Being waiting on federal gvt since 2019...na posting dem dey post me...the thing tight gan!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by SefunmiHookups: 6:37pm On May 30, 2021
BeansAndBread:
150k and it could be higher if you get posted to a parastatal
But are you sure ?150k sounds too much forGL 8 or 9 oh

But i had an aunty (like family friend) too who was in foreign service inspectorate department of the Min of foreign Affairs and they collect less than that 150k you mentioned.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by SefunmiHookups: 6:40pm On May 30, 2021
alamoht:

Go and ask your parent then!

Lol...
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by WoundedLamb: 6:46pm On May 30, 2021
Orubebe01:

Tell us how you got the job then I will tell you the salary scale

If he had gotten the job, would he still be asking for the salary?
Re: What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? by adedayoa2(f): 6:59pm On May 30, 2021
zeeace:
My brother in-law works there. It's a ministry job. I don't think it's up to 70k for a start. But the career prospect is great. You get to travel for foreign missions if you get to a certain level.
its over 60k for level 8, after tax and gbogbotigbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA: Causes And Solution / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate / Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.