Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (10174 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Hotice085: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

The "boat people" will say anything to appear relevant. Many people shall be repatriated to their places of origin when the shithole called Nigeria is disintegrated.

Plenty of mouth but no balls

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Hotice085: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bobonnukwu:

The highlighted is the very reason why a IQ check is seriously required for anyone that signs up to join Nairaland. There's no point even elaborating any further on your cluelessness and ianities.

It is seriously needed and cause you and your likes will join d cownu Facebook page and render your uselessness there.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
This wouldnt be a bad idea lol

Bobonnukwu:

The highlighted is the very reason why a IQ check is seriously required for anyone that signs up to join Nairaland. There's no point even elaborating any further on your cluelessness and ianities.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by AliDanjuma: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2020
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by caleboxylic: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2020
For the idiots from the west dictating who is not Igbo and who is igbo, this is for you.

https://www.facebook.com/Maziobinwannendigbo/videos/335064790859794/

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 6:20am On Jul 21, 2020
Igbos are a diverse group.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by kingzizzy: 6:43am On Jul 21, 2020
YakubuAugust:
Igbos are a diverse group.

They always have been. I dont think that people realise that Igbos are a confederation of different people who speak a similar language and practice similar culture jusy as you would find with Ijebus, Oyos and Aworis amongst Yorubas. Igbo has never been uniform
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Omahjasper(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Collyweed:

The answer to your poser is very simple.

After their tortuous and traumatic journey from Benin, they lost their Edoid language and then spent the next few years without a language, only communicating by means of sign language and grunts. This made some uncharitable fellows christen them ihoriho (meaning foolish).

This state of affairs continued until a kind (and patient) woman from Ohaji in present day Imo State took pity on them and taught them the Ohaji dialect which is why Ikwerre is so similar to the Ohaji dialect.
great lies I'm not surprised if your forefathers or parents can not tell you the truth about ur originality or ur traits and tribe, posting lies, forming fake history and adapt in online; now look before you talk of history one have to ask him or herself this questions! How did man begin, how did language multiplication started, or can my language describe my tribe or culture,
Now! I'm from ikwo LGA Ebonyi state and if i speak my language other members of Ebonyi state can not understand me unless i speak central igbo then talk of other states, even before I grew up to know my identity � or history my parents can tell me that we migrated somewhere far from our village and I'll believe it because i don't know whether true on not, now talk of political apathy and other things that can make one deny even her own mother, last time I watched IKA MOVIE and I understand every of their speakings apart from Bénin adapted language, so let one be proud � of his or her originality now one is forcing who to relate igbo kwenu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Babafemi Ojudu: Buhari Will Complete Tenure Despite Calls For Removal / Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar / Ambode Presents Cheques To Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.