Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,969 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days (5163 Views)

The Virtue Of The Glorious Month Of Muharram / Ramadan Is Here - A Month Of Reformation & Redefinition. Are You Ready? / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Lukgaf(m): 5:21am On May 01, 2020
Question

If someone breaks the fast, whether by eating or masturbating, on one day in Ramadan, with no excuse, will he be deprived of the reward mentioned in the hadith: “Whoever fasts Ramadan out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven”? Does the hadith refer to one who fasts all of Ramadan, and does it mean that the one who breaks the fast on one day will be deprived of this reward?

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan out of faith and in hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (38) and Muslim (759).

Fasting Ramadan is only achieved by fasting all the days. If someone does not fast all of it, he cannot be described as having fasted Ramadan; rather he may be described as having fasted part of it, or having fasted the month except a few days.

Al-Kermaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The words “fasted Ramadan” means in the month of Ramadaan. If you ask: Is it sufficient to do the least of what may be described as fasting, even if he fasted only one day, to be included in this hadith?

I say: Customarily it cannot be said that someone fasted Ramadan unless he fasted the entire month. The context clearly indicates that.

If you ask about the one who had an excuse, such as one who is sick, and did not fast during the month, and if he had not been sick he would have fasted, and his intention was that he would have fasted, were it not for that reason: is he included in this hadith?

I say: Yes, just as the sick person who prays sitting because he has an excuse will have the reward of one who prays standing. This was stated by the leading scholars.

End quote from al-Kawaakib ad-Daraari (1/159).

Shaykh Mahmoud Khattaab as-Subki (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The words “The one who fasts Ramadan…” refer to one who fasts all the days of the month.

With regard to the one who breaks the fast on some days with no excuse, he will not attain this reward.

The one who breaks the fast due to a valid excuse will have the reward, if he does what he is obliged to do of making up the missed days or feeding the poor instead, just as the one who prays sitting because of an excuse will have the reward of one who prays standing.

End quote from al-Manhal al-‘Adhb al-Mawrood Sharh Sunan Abi Dawood (7/308).

Secondly:

Anyone in the same position as this person should take note that if he has missed out on the opportunity to attain this great virtue (of fasting the entire month of Ramadan), there are other opportunities of attaining virtue that he should hasten to seek, the most important of which is repenting sincerely.

In Ramadan, there are other righteous deeds that will expiate sins apart from fasting. One of these deeds is spending the last ten nights of Ramadan in prayer, out of faith and in hope of reward. Perhaps the one who spends these nights in prayer will be enabled to find Laylat al-Qadr; spending that night in prayer will bring the same forgiveness of sins as fasting Ramadan.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever spends Laylat al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (35) and Muslim (760).

We also advise you to read the books al-Khisaal al-Mukaffirah li’dh-Dhunoob by al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqallaani, and al-Khisaal al-Mukaffirah li’dh-Dhunoob by Shams ad-Deen ash-Sharbeeni.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/312009/the-virtue-of-fasting-ramadan-is-attained-by-fasting-all-of-its-days

6 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:25am On May 01, 2020
We ask Allaah for the strength, patience and piety to complete the fast hence attain the rewards in full.

Heal the world Yaa Allaah for you are the Healer and there's no healer besides you!

9 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by neurowale: 9:51am On May 01, 2020
*DETAILED & OUTLINED FOREX TRADING*
FX;-
The foreign exchange market (Forex, FX, or currency market) is a global decentralized or over-the-counter(OTC)market for the trading of currencies.Market determines foreign exchange rates for currency. It includes all aspects of buying, selling and exchanging currencies at current or determined prices. In terms of trading volume, it is by far the largest market in the world, followed by the credit market...

The corona break can serve as an avenue to learn and relearn...

DM if you're interested in Forex Trading..... 0.8.0.6.2.3.5.9.9.1.2
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by GreatResearcher: 9:53am On May 01, 2020
Why can't Allah cure virus?
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Abid2020(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2020
GreatResearcher:
If we repent to him or draw closer to him, he will surely cure it

7 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Tranquility4u: 10:04am On May 01, 2020
JazakAllahu Khairan

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by kingkhaleed: 10:17am On May 01, 2020
Allah akbar

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Kherdija(f): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
May the Almighty Allah keep us firm in faith as we go through a different Ramadan.we are realising the blessings Attached to this and we are greatful of everything that he sent our way.
Ya Allah keep us Always hopeful as we prayed for healing the world,May Allah wash away our sadness,lighten our anguish, Forgive our sins and fix our condition.

4 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:21am On May 01, 2020
Pls I am fasting but I got stock in my boyfriend's house this month of Ramadan due to the Corona Virus stuff... We have Sexual Intercourse after I break fast in the evening on daily basis. Pls Is it acceptable in month of Ramadan to break fast with sex?
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Jamariwolff(f): 10:23am On May 01, 2020
Amin. Allah most merciful and gentle unto the Young girls.

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Comedian2019: 10:27am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:
Pls I am fasting but I got stock in my boyfriend's house this month of Ramadan due to the Corona Virus stuff... We have Sexual Intercourse after I break fast. Pls Is it acceptable in month of Ramadan to break fast with sex?
Is your boyfriend a Muslim?
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:28am On May 01, 2020
Comedian2019:

Is your boyfriend a Muslim?

No his a Christian
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Ximenez(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:
Pls I am fasting but I got stock in my boyfriend's house this month of Ramadan due to the Corona Virus stuff... We have Sexual Intercourse after I break fast. Pls Is it acceptable in month of Ramadan to break fast with sex?
yes it's allowed. You haven't killed anybody or cos any harm to your neighbors. You shouldn't live your life wondering how to please an imaginary being

2 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Comedian2019: 10:32am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

No
Ask your Imam to advise you, but make sure he doesn't continue from where your boyfriend stopped.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:33am On May 01, 2020
Ximenez:
yes it's allowed. You haven't killed anybody or cos any harm to your neighbors. You shouldn't live your life wondering how to please an imaginary being

Thanks...I just want to be sure. Assalamualaykum
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:35am On May 01, 2020
Comedian2019:

Ask your Imam to advise you, but make sure he doesn't continue from where your boyfriend stopped.

I don't talk to him but will try. He can't start with me.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Ximenez(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

Thanks...I just want to be sure. Assalamualaykum
Yes, please use protection to avoid unwanted pregnancies and sti

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by ProudBoy: 10:39am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:
Lol
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:39am On May 01, 2020
Ximenez:

I don't like condom. It's hurts me a lot I prefer in original form.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by ProudBoy: 10:40am On May 01, 2020
Ximenez:
Adviser.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Ximenez(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

I don't like condom. It's hurts me a lot I prefer in original form.
Ok, just be careful. Most of the people forming Imam and advising you here are also doing it, but they are just hypocrites and some of them even engage in minors. Imagine that one asking you if your bf is a Christian or moslem as if one d*ick is more righteous than the other.

3 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Ximenez(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2020
ProudBoy:

Adviser.
Alhajis sef dey nack in clandestine bro. I understand this people well.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:48am On May 01, 2020
Ximenez:
Ok, just be careful. Most of the people forming Imam and advising you here are also doing it, but they are just hypocrites and some of them even engage in minors. Imagine that one asking you if your bf is a Christian or moslem as if one d*ick is more righteous than the other.

I know just that I can't do without sex. I was raised in a good Muslim home.. I wear my hijab but I like men's private part a lot. Can't do without it in this holy month of Ramadan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Jamariwolff(f): 10:50am On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

I know just that I can't do without sex. I was raised in a good Muslim home.. I wear my hijab but I like men's private part a lot. Can't do without it in this holy month of Ramadan.
insha Allah. Thank you for the honesty
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 10:53am On May 01, 2020
Jamariwolff:
insha Allah. Thank you for the honesty

Muhammad Muhsin Khan
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Maryermah(f): 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]
GreatResearcher:
GreatResearcher:
GreatResearcher:
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Maryermah(f): 12:34pm On May 01, 2020
slm,u r missing d point,hw cn u b telling her dat itz nt wrong havin sex wit her bf afta breaking her fast??remember she said her bf nt her husbnd nd datz a sin,hmmm,my sis beta put an end to it wat gvs u d assurance dat he is goin 2 marry u afta gettin wat he wnts 4rm u

1 Like

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Hussein01(m): 1:44pm On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:
Pls I am fasting but I got stock in my boyfriend's house this month of Ramadan due to the Corona Virus stuff... We have Sexual Intercourse after I break fast in the evening on daily basis. Pls Is it acceptable in month of Ramadan to break fast with sex?

what is unacceptable before ramadan remains unacceptable during ramadan.

is having sex with your boyfriend acceptable Ramadan apart?

3 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Bukasint(f): 1:50pm On May 01, 2020
Hussein01:

what is unacceptable before ramadan remains unacceptable during ramadan.

is having sex with your boyfriend acceptable Ramadan apart?

I think it's acceptable in both.
Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Hussein01(m): 1:51pm On May 01, 2020
Ximenez:

I will keep saying this, the reason behind christians attacking and derailing muslim threads is as a result of their religion lacking perfection Islam has gotten.

see yourself, is that thing you spewed upthere even acceptable on African moral grounds not to talk of religion.

see them, they would do anything to vilify Islam.

4 Likes

Re: The Virtue Of Ramadan Is Attained By Fasting All Its Days by Hussein01(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

I think it's acceptable in both.

No it is not.

There is nothing such as boyfriend/girlfriend in Islam, atleast not in the way we see it here.

Sex with your boyfriend is ZINA- a punishable offence in view if Islamic Law.

that comment ( what is unacceptable in Ramadan remains unacceptable after it) is not my opinion, it's a theory from Islamic Jurisprudence.

so, sex is not justified because one had it with one FRIEND honoured with an adjective BOY/GIRL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wiping Over Shocks During Ablution And Some Misconceptions About It / Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) / The Support That Comes With Patience And Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.