Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown (57693 Views)

Ghana Records 271 Fresh COVID-19 Cases — A Week After Lifting Lockdown / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 8:44am On May 01, 2020
jaxxy:
I hope we are learning smtn from Ghana. On Monday I'm almost certain all private companies will resume 100% not 60% including banks. This will be very dangerous. Major Markets will also help spread the virus if allowed to resume fully and not monitored. Lol

Why are you so much concerned about Ghana? The Ghanaians are they complaining? Ghana has never practiced total lockdown.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by chudez0147(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2020
This is rubbish....., Lagos that has been on lockdown, aren't they get more positive tests??

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 8:44am On May 01, 2020
ghuzy01:

To you, anything outside Nigeria is better than your own.you need better self orientation and self discovery.In case you dont know,Nigeria dont do mass kit testing like Ghana does.which is the WHO protocol for COVID 19 Testing.The new Abott PCR machine bought and installed in 6 labs in Nigeria is one of the best in the world,its the type they use in Canada.But since you dont value what you have,I'll leave you to your ignorance.#Peace

My brother how much were you paid?
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2020
tonididdy:

This is so dumb to say.
Why do you even feel your system can handle the virus?
we are not fighting bro. Point is a country like ours can't keep us locked in for long and so will have to let us out. That means all man to himself. Everyone will have to be at the top of their health and hygiene game. A good immune system puts up a good fight against any virus and makes you stand a chance.

Don't misquote me but if you do, ask for clarification. HAPPY NEW MONTH BRO

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by frankmoney(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2020
Lifting the lockdown is inevitable . Nigeria economy is too fragile to be shut down for a long time

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by SenecaTheYonger: 8:48am On May 01, 2020
I know that they won’t mention the amount of test carried out to get that result. Probably 40,000, 4times more than Nigeria’s total.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2020
chrisagyei:
Ghana has an agenda of mass random testing,isolate all cases and treating of patients to avoid or minimize critical health conditions .Currently only two people are critically ill now out of the 2,000 cases.The rest have mild cases and don't even show symptoms of sickness. So early detection ,isolation and treatment is the best approach according to the WHO.

Ghana Health Service is moving from house to house and testing people randomly and tracked through contact tracing through a special app designed in Ghana with 100% Ghanaian made rapid testing kit which has been approved by our Food and Drugs Authority who are not even sick so the probability of isolating over 90% of positive cases is very high.

Test test test is the current cure for this virus so for a country of 29 million people who has done 113,000 testing with 3,200 tests per 1 million people which is the highest in Africa is doing far better than a country of 200 million people who has done 12,000 tests which is 64 tests per 1 million people. Nigeria can do better.Its not a competition so we have to work together. That's how Ghana has the lowest death rate of 17 deaths for a 2,000 case recorded.Egypt and co had over 100 deaths when they reached 2,000 cases buh that is not the case of Ghana.

Nigerian doesn't have 1000 plus new cases in a week. Ghana is in hot soup. Lets wait for next week figures. Seems u don't know how this virus progresses. U think u have it all figured.

Also rapid test kits are not accurate. I hope u guys don't get into a storm.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by zinny377(f): 8:49am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
We cannot even dare compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is a functioning state and Nigeria is a dysfunctional state. Ghana's president went to Oxford University, Nigeria's president cannot even provide his WAEC results, instead he claims someone saw him in the exam hall and that is proof enough. lipsrsealed

You are so on point my sister! What a nation!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Avalancheman: 8:49am On May 01, 2020
How many deaths? That's what matters most... kiss

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51am On May 01, 2020
mixratio:

It's all man for himself now o.

Hmmmmm, that your image is deep!
May God help us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by tonididdy(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
we are not fighting bro. Point is a country like ours can't keep us locked in for long and so will have to let us out. That means all man to himself. Everyone will have to be at the top of their health and hygiene game. A good immune system puts up a good fight against any virus and makes you stand a chance.

Don't misquote me but if you do, ask for clarification. HAPPY NEW MONTH BRO
HMM to you too.
Do you realise how long developed countries shut down their countries for, some as high as 4months now.
Nigeria with a stubborn and illiterate population of over 200m is relaxing it's measures just after barely 3wks of "partial" Lockdown and yet, the numbers are doubling.

My friend forget immune system or not, sickness nor good for body. That time your body will spend in fighting for you, bro it be better you were safe and indoors.

This government are bastards from hell, they don't want to take care of the masses for even a day talk less a month.

Kind hearted person donated money and food to cater for Nigerians need during this period, they (politicians) refused to share or disburse the food items because of their greed, now they want to send you and I to the battlefield to go and survive ourselves when all they can do is provide and we sit home just like it's done in every sane country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2020
babaolofin:

Why are you so much concerned about Ghana? The Ghanaians are they complaining? Ghana has never practiced total lockdown.

I'm not concerned about Ghana bt Nigeria while learning from Ghana's and others experiences. I'm not here to battle Ghana/Nigeria. The virus respects no country bt how u handle it.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Maj196(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2020
I fear for Nigeria what's to come this month
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by blowjohn(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2020
Abuja, kano, lagos, ogun, edo, gombe should be under further lockdown.
Encourage people to come and test with incentives.e.g. 50k will be given to u after treatment if u test positive.
Massive and aggressive testing must commence.
We are still below 15k in testing when we should be around 500k
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Aystarz: 8:52am On May 01, 2020
chrisagyei:
Ghana has done 113,000 tests so far for a country of 29 million people with 2,000 cases and 17 deaths whilst Nigeria has done 12,000 tests for 200 million population with 1,900 cases and 58 deaths. These are not new results buh is a backlog catalogue of 18,000 additional test results taken laat week.All 2,000 patients have been isolated nationwide so there's very little community spread because the government organized a massive rigorous testing nationwide with the use of drones to transport results in less than an hour.So Ghana is faring far better than Nigeria. Don't compare the two.
You think the idiot you quoted doesn't know the emboldened? Quit wasting your time talking to a wall. We don't call them zombies over here for nothing grin
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by HeadShot: 8:52am On May 01, 2020
Bullet01:
Let us thread with caution pls. Interstate ban should remain while efforts should be increased on testing.

Which interstate ban?
Just came back to Lagos yesterday
The road is free as free can be
Just give them money at the checkpoint

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:55am On May 01, 2020
Mynd44:

Not exactly, they had a backlog of samples collected and not tested.
Alright,
we think you have a good point here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Orobo20: 8:55am On May 01, 2020
[s]
post=89053270:

Hmmmmm, that your image is deep!
May God help us.
[/s]
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Fortune1016: 8:56am On May 01, 2020
God help us
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Kingrefreshed: 8:56am On May 01, 2020
Elvis2kay:

You are clever...
I live in Scandinavia Sweden refused to lock down, in Denmark 65% activities is on
W.H.O continue to press African countries to remain locked
Coronavirus is not a death a sentence I know of 5 people who got infected and they all survived. The virus killed more of old people in Europe with lungs,heart ,kidney problem. There is power agenda behind Covid-19 but ignorant Africans cant see it. Check for dr.Buttar on YouTube

I know that already but my people wont listen.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Eriggs: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Aystarz:

You think the idiot you quoted doesn't knew ? Quit wasting your time talking to a wall. We don't call them zombies out here for nothing grin
Why can't you comment in your mother's tongue if e English sour for your mouth like this? doesn't knew? dem don take ur life play ludo finish, see d tout calling someone an idiot and zombie, giving his name to another person bettee than him in life. grin
ur parents don waste school money on top ur fat empty head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Aystarz: 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
We cannot even dare compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is a functioning state and Nigeria is a dysfunctional state. Ghana's president went to Oxford University, Nigeria's president cannot even provide his WAEC results, instead he claims someone saw him in the exam hall and that is proof enough. lipsrsealed

grin grin Chai! This quote has killeddddddd meeeeeeee! grin grin
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by tot(f): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
temptnow:
Useless Ghanaians always want to showoff all the time.

Even UK and America have not ease Lock down it's now a shit hole like Ghana that want to show off.

Mumu people.

What a shame that this statement is coming from an AFRICAN. You are even mocking them with golliwog pictures, meanwhile when other races blatantly disrespect you, you start crying racism.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by CuteMaro(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2020
ghuzy01:

To you, anything outside Nigeria is better than your own.you need better self orientation and self discovery.In case you dont know,Nigeria dont do mass kit testing like Ghana does.which is the WHO protocol for COVID 19 Testing.The new Abott PCR machine bought and installed in 6 labs in Nigeria is one of the best in the world,its the type they use in Canada.But since you dont value what you have,I'll leave you to your ignorance.#Peace
Lol. I think you are the one who is living in ignorance and self denial here. GHANA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN THINK OF.
Seriously maybe you should just try to move outside for once. Tickets are cheap. Nigeria is a failed state. Trust me you will be shocked at how basic things that look like rocket science work outside our shores. It is really unfortunate bro. I believe Nigeria will be better someday, but right now please you cannot and should not even compare Ghana to Nigeria. A visit will leave you bowing your head in shame. Trust me lol.

Meanwhile the person you quoted has not said anything wrong. Imagine Ghana testing 113,000 already. Maybe you should check out worldometers to know the actual figures and see how the supposed giant of Africa is fairing amongst other nations. Nobody should celebrate yet. If 113,000 tests produce about 2000 cases with just 17 deaths, compare that with 13000 tests producing well just about thesame number of cases and even more deaths.

This should give you a clue as to how incompetent and lackadaisical the Nigerian government is in handling this issue. To be frank with you, the figures that is being released by the NCDC cannot be used as a basis for lifting the lockdown because that is not the actual reality on ground. Our only saving grace would be when a vaccine or cure comes out else we are sitting on a long thing. Use your imagination bro, imagine what the figure would be if we tested just 50,000.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2020
tonididdy:

HMM to you too.
Do you realise how long developed countries shut down their countries for, some as high as 4months now.
Nigeria with a stubborn and illiterate population of over 200m is relaxing it's measures just after barely 3wks of "partial" Lockdown and yet, the numbers are doubling.

My friend forget immune system or not, sickness nor good for body. That time your body will spend in fighting for you, bro it be better you were safe and indoors.

This government are bastards from hell, they don't want to take care of the masses for even a day talk less a month.

Kind hearted person donated money and food to cater for Nigerians need during this period, they (politicians) refused to share or disburse the food items because of their greed, now they want to send you and I to the battlefield to go and survive ourselves when all they can do is provide and we sit home just like it's done in every sane country.
Thanks for making me understand further. The best part is like you said "the governments are bastards from hell". They really don't care about the masses. If the government decides to disburse money no matter how little, it would ease the citizens a lot..
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by AuroraB(f): 9:00am On May 01, 2020
Grace001:
We don’t need a soothsayer to tell us the cases will rise after relaxing lockdown, the fact still remains that no west African country can sustain a lockdown for straight 60 days

So relaxing the lockdown is inevitable

Benin republic didn’t lockdown business activities are still on.
How many have Benin Republic recorded

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Orobo20: 9:00am On May 01, 2020
[s]
post=89053417:

Alright,
we think you have a good point here.
[/s]
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Aystarz: 9:00am On May 01, 2020
Eriggs:
Why can't you comment in your mother's tongue if e English sour for your mouth like this? doesn't knew? dem don take ur life play ludo finish, see d tout calling someone an idiot and zombie, giving his name to another person bettee than him in life. idiot zombie grin
Mother's tongue Olodo !!! Look who's talking about commenting in English grin . grin Dumb idiot!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by ghuzy01: 9:01am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:

Oh sorry dear did my comment hit a nerve? You must be part of the Demonic Political Elite if you are prepared to justify the actions of the Demonic Decrepit Political Elite. Good Luck to you, we pray and hope you are not touched by the great leveler COVID-19.
Well..am not.am just a regular Nigerian like you who is able to filter propaganda from reality.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by tot(f): 9:01am On May 01, 2020
This has already generated into a Ghana vs Nigeria competition. Africans never learn to collaborate, reason we are where we are - disjointed and economically challenged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Take Care Of My Penis To Ensure High Libido And Strong Erections? / The Three Giant Scorpions I Killed After One Stung Me (Photos) / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.