Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown (57708 Views)

Ghana Records 271 Fresh COVID-19 Cases — A Week After Lifting Lockdown / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by tonididdy(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Thanks for making me understand further. The best part is like you said "the governments are bastards from hell". They really don't care about the masses. If the government decides to disburse money no matter how little, it would ease the citizens a lot..
Am glad we are both on same page.
What Nigeria needs is a bloody revolution. A revolution immune to the fear of guns and bullets.
Then only, will this country be great.
Until then... Stay surviving

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by JBoss25(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2020
Bossontop:
undecided
Na wa oo.......coro waiting for nigerians on may 4th like.......

[img]https://media./images/6fb2efe25d5ca2e691d78b248dfb6946/tenor.gif[/img]
lol
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:04am On May 01, 2020
ghuzy01:

Well..am not.am just a regular Nigerian like you who is able to filter propaganda from reality.
Lies!! For you to try to justify this dead and decrepit government proves that you are one of the demonic elite. I hope you are not touched by C0VID-19, it is the great leveller and doesn't discriminate.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Adakintroy2: 9:04am On May 01, 2020
temptnow:
Useless Ghanaians always want to showoff all the time.

Even UK and America have not ease Lock down it's now a shit hole like Ghana that want to show off.

Mumu people.

They are not numu. They are working wity their reality.germany was easing. So was sweden. They are shitholes too?

It's invetibale. Even if the desease does not release us we will have to release ourselved. No government wants to deal with recession. It's a whole collaspe. Even the hospital you are going to, run on money. You think your precious doctors will work if they are not paid?. Think again?

At the individual level, do you think your landlord will say because we have been on lock down do not pay rent?.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by ghuzy01: 9:04am On May 01, 2020
CuteMaro:

Lol. I think you are the one who is living in ignorance and self denial here. GHANA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN THINK OF.
Seriously maybe you should just try to move outside for once. Tickets are cheap. Nigeria is a failed state. Trust me you will be shocked at how basic things that look like rocket science work outside our shores. It is really unfortunate bro. I believe Nigeria will be better someday, but right now please you cannot and should not even compare Ghana to Nigeria. A visit will leave you bowing your head in shame. Trust me lol.

Meanwhile the person you quoted has not said anything wrong. Imagine Ghana testing 113,000 already. Maybe you should check out worldometers to know the actual figures and see how the supposed giant of Africa is fairing amongst other nations. Nobody should celebrate yet. If 113,000 tests produce about 2000 cases with just 17 deaths, compare that with 13000 tests producing well just about thesame number of cases and even more deaths.

This should give you a clue as to how incompetent and lackadaisical the Nigerian government is in handling this issue. To be frank with you, the figures that is being released by the NCDC cannot be used as a basis for lifting the lockdown because that is not the actual reality on ground. Our only saving grace would be when a vaccine or cure comes out else we are sitting on a long thing. Use your imagination bro, imagine what the figure would be if we tested just 50,000.

God bless Nigeria.
Joke is on you bro,anybody that stats facts has not been outside Nigeria..as if you know where I am.lol
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by CuteMaro(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
We cannot even dare compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is a functioning state and Nigeria is a dysfunctional state. Ghana's president went to Oxford University, Nigeria's president cannot even provide his WAEC results, instead he claims someone saw him in the exam hall and that is proof enough. lipsrsealed
This is the simple truth. To all those that think otherwise all they need is maybe just one trip outside the shores of Nigeria and they will understand the importance of voting in competent leaders.

To be frank, you cannot have Buhari as president and expect anything positive. Dude is not even aware of his immediate environment. And this goes beyond Buhari. We have continued to vote in leaders who lack vision in almost all sectors and until we get things right, I doubt we will ever see real change.

Fix roads, Health care, Electricity and Education and you will see that most of our so called leaders will have zero manifestos. They are only currently taking advantage of what we lack to give impossible promises.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:06am On May 01, 2020
tonididdy:

Am glad we are both on same page.
What Nigeria needs is a bloody revolution. A revolution immune to the fear of guns and bullets.
Then only, will this country be great.
Until then... Stay surviving

Are Nigerians prepared to die? The Western World did not just have democracy overnight, many people fought and died for their freedom. Nigerians are not willing to even criticise their Government so tell me, HOW CAN WE OVERCOME? Or better yet, WILL WE EVER OVERCOME?
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:07am On May 01, 2020
post=89051325:

Faring?
And that is your conclusion in this whole matter?
Is that the issue on ground now?
Who is fighting or comparing countries with you Chris?
You made good salient points, but ended up in a battle of nations.
Disappointed!
If you hate your country this much, that is your cup of tea
But if you are Ghanaian, that is quite understandable.

Blatant Offpoint!

He always does that... He just can't help himself. I pity him!!!

He thinks most of us have his time... Constantly trying to measure dicks for no reason!!!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:08am On May 01, 2020
My fear is Lagos, plenty headnuts full there. All ds agberos and illiterate citizens no go hear word as long as heavy hand is not used on them
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by jrusky(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2020
chrisagyei:
Ghana has an agenda of mass random testing,isolate all cases and treating of patients to avoid or minimize critical health conditions .Currently only two people are critically ill now out of the 2,000 cases.The rest have mild cases and don't even show symptoms of sickness. So early detection ,isolation and treatment is the best approach according to the WHO.

Ghana Health Service is moving from house to house and testing people randomly and tracked through contact tracing through a special app designed in Ghana with 100% Ghanaian made rapid testing kit which has been approved by our Food and Drugs Authority who are not even sick so the probability of isolating over 90% of positive cases is very high.

Test test test is the current cure for this virus so for a country of 29 million people who has done 113,000 testing with 3,200 tests per 1 million people which is the highest in Africa is doing far better than a country of 200 million people who has done 12,000 tests which is 64 tests per 1 million people. Nigeria can do better.Its not a competition so we have to work together. That's how Ghana has the lowest death rate of 17 deaths for a 2,000 case recorded.Egypt and co had over 100 deaths when they reached 2,000 cases buh that is not the case of Ghana.

Pls say something else and bin all these uncalled for comparison. What is important is how we can beat this strange deadly unseen enemy called Corona ok.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by temptnow: 9:09am On May 01, 2020
Adakintroy2:

They are not numu. They are working wity their reality.germany was easing. So was sweden. They are shitholes too?

It's invetibale. Even if the desease does not release us we will have to release ourselved. No government wants to deal with recession. It's a whole collaspe. Even the hospital you are going to, run on money. You think your precious doctors will work if they are not paid?. Think again?

At the individual level, do you think your landlord will say because we have been on lock down do not pay rent?.

And those two countries recorded 2,000 + cases and regretted their action. They have the money and resources to take such gamble.

Who is Ghana to think they've reached Germany level. Abeg make I hear word
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by CuteMaro(m): 9:09am On May 01, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
I know that they won’t mention the amount of test carried out to get that result. Probably 40,000, 4times more than Nigeria’s total.
40,000 ke..The are at 113,000. 100,000 more than the 'Giant of Africa'
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:12am On May 01, 2020
CuteMaro:

This is the simple truth. To all those that think otherwise all they need is maybe just one trip outside the shores of Nigeria and they will understand the importance of voting in competent leaders.

To be frank, you cannot have Buhari as president and expect anything positive. Dude is not even aware of his immediate environment. And this goes beyond Buhari. We have continued to vote in leaders who lack vision in almost all sectors and until we get things right, I doubt we will ever see real change.

Fix roads, Health care, Electricity and Education and you will see that most of our so called leaders will have zero manifestos. They are only currently taking advantage of what we lack to give impossible promises.

The General Elections should be a time for Nigerians to take back control, but predictably Nigerians are wooed by fancy-fake promises, 5000 naira cash and bags of rice/salt. Before Nigeria was given independence, the British said Nigeria was not ready for Independence and 60 years later we have proved them right. Nigeria has regressed as a society and the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s will be better than 2020 and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by CuteMaro(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2020
jrusky:

Pls say something else and bin all these uncalled for comparison. What is important is how we can beat this strange deadly unseen enemy called Corona ok.
You are getting it wrong bro. This is a wake up call to both the government and we the citizens especially to be more careful in protecting ourselves because we cannot rely on the figures we have since it is not properly contained.

And as for the comparison you should read my comment in the context of the person I was quoting. We have to start admitting the hard truth, else we will be continue to be used, while suffering and smiling. Peace !
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by tunary(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2020
Very good, same thing will definitely happen to Nigeria because Nigeria are fond of breaking rules now that they want to ease lockdown.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by kweensheba: 9:16am On May 01, 2020
Stay Safe

Stay Alive.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2020
temptnow:
Useless Ghanaians always want to showoff all the time.

Even UK and America have not ease Lock down it's now a shit hole like Ghana that want to show off.

Mumu people.

You still in lockdown have the cases reduced or totally stopped??! Job losses are mounting now, and we are about to experience the worst recession ever known to man.

Don't come online castigating people you are not better than.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Isoduwa(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Chinese people tried well well

For trying to wipe the world � with rat poison that turn RONA virus 19
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Emma1630(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2020
Ghana think say na only dem sabi wait for nigeria to finish her lockdown and u will numbers of case

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by bcashy: 9:20am On May 01, 2020
post=89050837:
Look at the people shouting 'hunger hunger' for the past few weeks above trying to shift post sharp sharp.
Silently shouting 'it is well'.
Afraid don dey catch dem small small cheesy
Hypocrites everywhere!! tongue

Abi ooooo grin
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:23am On May 01, 2020
Elvis2kay:

You are clever...
I live in Scandinavia Sweden refused to lock down, in Denmark 65% activities is on
W.H.O continue to press African countries to remain locked
Coronavirus is not a death a sentence I know of 5 people who got infected and they all survived. The virus killed more of old people in Europe with lungs,heart ,kidney problem. There is power agenda behind Covid-19 but ignorant Africans cant see it. Check for dr.Buttar on YouTube

Brother,

I observed they have been avoiding your contribution because it exposed the fraud and corruption going on in Nigeria under covid-19 pandemic fight. Billion of Naira looted weekly. Ghana has never practiced total lockdown the type in Lagos. What they practiced initially was partial lockdown before it was lifted.

There are covid - 19 Mafia . They can go to any length to cause problem to justify covid - 19 spread without lockdown. If the virus failed to spread without lockdown, then, the cult is broken, there is a problem, they can die for covid - 19 to spread without lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by justli: 9:24am On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
I so much dislike those Ghanaians. Arrogant and boastful people full of pride.

Sometimes, we dislike what we wish for out of jealousy. Take a moment to congratulate the Ghanian govt for leading the way and showing us what an efficient govt looks like

30million people, 113,000 tests done. Ours, 200million people, 11,000 test. Bro, you should be ashamed of yourself or bury your head in shame for hating on success.

Most of you don't understand numbers. If Ghana can do that much test with its lean resources, how about you start asking your govt what it does with the billions donated. Instead you shamelessly expose your hate on a public forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 9:25am On May 01, 2020
post=89050890:

As of April 19 when the lockdown was lifted, the country had recorded 1,042 cases, and 99 recoveries.

However, figures from the Ghana’s ministry of health on Thursday showed that the country currently has 2,074 confirmed cases of COVID-19, out of which 212 recoveries and 17 deaths have been recorded.

This implies an increase of 1,032 cases since the lockdown was lifted.

Alright,
we think you have a good point here.
The continue recorded case are from the backlog of quarantine victims . No new case actually but from the victim Government forcefully quarantined.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Lawsimon(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2020
Egungun don finally reach express oh

Hmmmmm, mbom!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by am4truth(m): 9:28am On May 01, 2020
shogsmania:
Nigerians will cry within 2 weeks of the end of lockdown

I reject this in Jesus name. Why are a making a generalized statement? This is complete senseless and childish.

Pls grow up... This lock down can't work in a monoeconomy state like Nigeria. Most people here operate in the informal sector and the government cannot afford to cripple the economy because of this.

We have started seeing job losses and many more would come if the economy remains on lockdown. Benin republic didn't shut down their businesses.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Golan007: 9:30am On May 01, 2020
post=89050837:
Look at the people shouting 'hunger hunger' for the past few weeks above trying to shift post sharp sharp.
Silently shouting 'it is well'.
Afraid don dey catch dem small small cheesy
Hypocrites everywhere!! tongue

Don't mind them.

Because their first instinct is to oppose any suggestion from government.

I know a few of them would suffer the consequence.

No be curse.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by kollinz1234(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2020
post=89050741:

Na real 'Hmmmmm' matter o.
That is the only thing to say at this point in time.
But let us add the few words below to our 'Hmmmm'...

Our Darling Daddy last speech was like,
to us, was like ….… ok ok ok,
Sebi you people are tired of keeping safe at home,
Alright alright.

I release you all to go and die if you wish to die.
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

Sebi you have superpowers…Tooooorrhhhh.
I will still be merciful unto you,
So not all businesses will open.

I had thought Kano will learn from Lagos, Abuja and Ogun lockdown,
I never knew they were so dumb,
Henceforth let me save their lives they are thereby shut down for 2 weeks, they have died stupidly enough,
washing infected hands and drinking the water,
such foolery in quantum measure!

So your staying locked down is now your personal choice.
I have tried my best.
You have all the rights to continue to work from home stock your home with food drinks and toiletries and remain locked down personally.
I have removed my hands from saving you.

If you wish you can lock down your family and only you will go out and get them daily bread and know that it’s only you out there while your wife and children are safe and locked down.
It is your choice.

If you like dont take absolute care when out there.
If you like bring the virus home to your family.
It is your choice.
The people I sent to give you money food and palliative, they swallowed some of it.
I can't come and kill my self.
I have tried, a father has many children, amongst them you have the Esaus and the Jacob’s,
You have the Judas and the Peters.

It also comes to a time in the life of a father,
he tells all his children both good and bad, that this is how much I can be of help.
I have tried ,
you are of age to know what to do.

If you like choose death and go out any how,
If you like choose life and continue to stay home.
Dont think I am happy releasing you by May 4th.
You all have tied my hands ….plus those who ate and swallowed your palliative and those who have been cursing me that i locked you up because I hate you…Toooorhh you are now free to go out If you like,
Don’t wear mask always,
Don’t wash your hands every 20 minutes.
Continue to shake hands and hug people you have missed during the lockdown.
Continue to receive yeye visitors in your home especially those of you with underlined health conditions and aged parents.

Don’t take sanitizers with you when going out.
Don’t use bleach to clean surfaces.
Don’t do social distancing.
Sebi virus is virus.
During HIV and AIDS we still have many of you who damn consequences and do have sex without condoms.
So who am I to force you to use face mask?
If you choose to die by May 4th.
I release you to go and do whatever you want to yourself,
But as for me, my house hold and for all sane Nigerians, (and for all of us @[color=#006600][/color]), we shall choose to live.

We Rise!!
have u ever assisted a single person who is in need of food or anything on this forum? U have enough to eat that is why u come here spewing trash. Do u know that majority people will prefer to die of the dreaded Coronavirus than to die of hunger? Do u know what it means to starve for days, have u gone to people's house to wash their dishes and sweep their compound just so that you will be given food? Lockdown in Ogun and, Lagos but palliatives are giving to people in free movements Katsina and Zamfara and u come here to talk about an imaginary"darling daddy" God judge u

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by nijabazaar: 9:32am On May 01, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
I think personal Hygiene should be the watch word. Because life must go on.

We can't continue this way for the next 2 years if the virus remains with us

Anyway, I will Design a company Logo or Brand for 2500 Only or Website for your Product or Company. Info below

Halo Citytrend
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by NaijadrivaCars: 9:33am On May 01, 2020
This is why Nigeria shouldn't lift lockdown.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Graysons: 9:35am On May 01, 2020
justli:
[s]

Sometimes, we dislike what we wish for out of jealousy. Take a moment to congratulate the Ghanian govt for leading the way and showing us what an efficient govt looks like

30million people, 113,000 tests done. Ours, 200million people, 11,000 test. Bro, you should be ashamed of yourself or bury your head in shame for hating on success.

Most of you don't understand numbers. If Ghana can do that much test with its lean resources, how about you start asking your govt what it does with the billions donated. Instead you shamelessly expose your hate on a public forum[/s].

You can't read or what?

i dislike Ghanaians because they are boastful.

Now carry your nonsense out of my face.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 9:39am On May 01, 2020
post=89051254:
[s]Bossontop above, abeg ooo shocked
No be AK-47 be dat?[/s]

Who be your bro?
Be guided in your comment Vic,
Respect is reciprocal,
Okay?
How can you say that's an AK. sad
The straight MAG is a dead give away.
Concentrate on grilling protein and leave issues you don't know about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Three Giant Scorpions I Killed After One Stung Me (Photos) / How Do I Take Care Of My Penis To Ensure High Libido And Strong Erections? / Wet Dreams: Natural Or Spiritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.