Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:53 PM

Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. (9648 Views)

65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / Funny Collective Nouns For Some Animals You May Not Know / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2020
Hairy frog
Hilariously, this weird frog actually belongs to a group called the “squeakers.” This silly description is in direct contrast with the hairy frog’s other name — “horror frog.” Only the males develop the hair-like feature along their thighs.

But their “hair” isn’t even their weirdest feature; they also have Wolverine-like claws on their back feet. They break their own bones and skin to make these claws! It’s possible these claws and hair-like structures are used in battles between males, but scientists are still researching this hypothesis

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:05pm On May 02, 2020
Mexican mole lizard
The enigmatic Mexican mole lizard burrows underground, completely unaware of the terrifying tales told of it above ground. Some people believe it will enter a person’s body if they squat down to relieve themselves, but this isn’t true.

With only two front legs and no melanin to protect their skin from the sun, Mexican mole lizards only emerge from the soil in the late evening. They have trouble getting around when above ground. As much as people may be freaked out by them, they’re perfectly happy in the ground and out of sight.

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2020
Ankole-Watusi bull
This breed of bull has huge horns and originated in Africa. It’s a wonder they can keep their heads up with their massive, sometimes bulbous, horns. However, in the hot and cold climates they live in, the horns help disperse body heat

Due to their interesting appearance, some European and American zoos kept Ankole-Watusi bulls in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. However, as many zoos moved their focus to conservation, many of them were sold to private owners.

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2020
Silkie chicken
If you’ve ever wanted a pet chicken, the silkie may be the way to go. It’s super fluffy and apparently friendly. Surprisingly, under all the floofy white feathers is black or dark-blue skin. And under that, even their body tissues are black!

It seems that the Silkie breed originated somewhere in Asia, as Marco Polo wrote about them in the 13th century. Originally, they only had white feathers, but people have since bred them to come in other colors. There are now dark fluffy chickens, and even ones with a reddish-brown coloring.

1 Like

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by CapedBaldy: 1:25pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:

Maybe you would love to have this animal as a pet.
I'll buy for you too lol
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:26pm On May 02, 2020
Coloured in camouflaging shades of desert browns, this lizard has a “false” head, which he presents to his predators by dipping the real one inside the sand

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by CapedBaldy: 1:29pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:
Blob Fish

This fish looks like a man that melted on the sidewalk. It has two small eyes and a large nose. It even has a mean smirk on its face. It’s a rather large fish and looks just like a giant blob. These fish are found off the coasts of mainland Australia and Tasmania, as well as the waters of New Zealand.
I've seen this one before. reminds me of that love potion episode of Rick and Morty.
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by CapedBaldy: 1:30pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:
The Bush Viper

This snake is beautiful but deadly. Its bright colors help it hide from prey and predators. It lives up in the trees of the tropical forests of Africa. This snake does most of its hunting at night and is not often seen by humans

Another snake for Lala oooo.

But this snake is fine.

Can you keep this fine snake as a pet?
it looks really cool but I'm scared of snakes

1 Like

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:33pm On May 02, 2020
This large stork-like bird gets its name because of the shape of its beak. Even though it was already known to ancient Egyptians and Arabs, the bird was only classified in 19th century

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2020
CapedBaldy:

I've seen this one before. reminds me of that love potion episode of Rick and Morty.

You hv seen it live or pictures?
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by CapedBaldy: 1:36pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:

You hv seen it live or pictures?
pictures
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2020
The Blue Parrotfish

This bright blue fish can be found in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, and spends 80% of its time searching for food

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by yuswrld20(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:

Am not s forensic researcher ooo. Am just a guy who loves to educate people
still the same

1 Like

Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by Hayzed0601(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:
For one it is resistant to cancer. They also live up to 28 years, which is unheard of in mammals of its size. It seemingly does not age much in those 28 years either. It remains “young, healthy and fully fertile for almost all its days, which for an elderly animal is equivalent to an 80-year-old woman having the biological make-up of someone 50 years younger.”

The naked mole rat is used in both cancer research and the study of aging. The naked mole rat could unlock the secrets to immortality…
That naked mole rat,I remember one nairalander creating a thread saying he found it under his room grin
kolaa007:
For one it is resistant to cancer. They also live up to 28 years, which is unheard of in mammals of its size. It seemingly does not age much in those 28 years either. It remains “young, healthy and fully fertile for almost all its days, which for an elderly animal is equivalent to an 80-year-old woman having the biological make-up of someone 50 years younger.”

The naked mole rat is used in both cancer research and the study of aging. The naked mole rat could unlock the secrets to immortality…
That naked mole rat,I remember one nairalander creating a thread saying he found it in his room
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by kolaa007(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2020
Hayzed0601:

That naked mole rat,I remember one nairalander creating a thread saying he found it under his room grin
That naked mole rat,I remember one nairalander creating a thread saying he found it in his room

Are you serious? That is awesome ooo
Re: Weird Animals You Never Knew Existed In The World. by Hayzed0601(m): 9:53pm On May 02, 2020
kolaa007:

Are you serious? That is awesome ooo
Yh,I was like wtf,he even said it opens his pot in the kitchen and caress his legs while he was sleeping and he quickly jump up from bed run outside grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Commissions 64 Almajiri Model Schools Today / Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.