Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari (68500 Views)

70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Insulting President Buhari Speaks / Katsina Governor Masari Visits Bandits In Their Hideout / Between Governor Masari And Pot-Bellied Permanent Secretary. See Reactions (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by onyi25(f): 2:16pm On May 01, 2020
Police have arrested Lawal Abdullahi Izala, ‘m’, aged 70yrs, Bahajaje Abu, ‘m’, aged 30yrs and Hamza Abubakar, ‘m’, aged 27yrs all of Gafai Quarters, Katsina, Katsina state for insulting President Muhammadu Buhari and the executive governor of Katsina state, Aminu Bello Masari, CFR.”

The trio were said to have insulted Buhari in a viral video on the social media.

Disclosing this in a statement, Gambo Isah, spokesman of the Katsina police command said:

“The attention of the Katsina state police command has been drawn to a viral video on social media showing one Lawal Abdullahi, alias “IZALA”, ‘m’, aged 70yrs of Gafai quarters, Katsina, Katsina state, who was contemptuously insulting the President and commander-in-chief of the armed forces, federal republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, and his excellency, the executive governor of Katsina state, Aminu Bello Masari, CFR.

“Consequently, the commissioner of police, Katsina state command, CP Sanusi Buba, ordered for investigation, which led to the arrest of the trio of Lawal Abdullahi Izala, ‘m’, aged 70yrs, Bahajaje Abu, ‘m’, aged 30yrs and Hamza Abubakar, ‘m’, aged 27yrs all of Gafai Quarters, Katsina, Katsina state.

“In the course of investigation suspects confessed to the committing the offences. “To this end, the command wishes to warn members of the general public that the police will not fold its arms and watch while disgruntled elements violate the sacred laws of the land,” Isah added.

“Any person found taking undue advantage of the social media to insult others, contrary to the provisions of the Cyber Crime Act, will face the wrath of the law.”

However, this is not the first time security agents have arrested people for insulting President Buhari. Omoyele Sowore was arrested for organizing #RevolutionNow protest and for insulting Buhari.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/breaking-police-arrest-3-for-insulting-president-buhari/amp/

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by SeverusSnape(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2020
I dey laugh grin

Bubu the mumu is heartless.

Who is he that people won't insult??

Sensible former presidents and even present ones are being insulted day in day out, Including Trump... So i ask again, Who's that Mr. lifeless

After promising heaven in Nigeria, failed in all sectors, including the other room. And you expect people not to insult him??

Bubu the mumu is a brukutu guzzling dullard i swear!... come and arrest me.

1163 Likes 137 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by JAOS(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2020
to those of you here in nairaland YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

59 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Deepfeel(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Irijosa777(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2020
Na them them!
No need to comment since it's a family business!
this is the first and the last time you are going to hear anything about this thread.
Next topic pls!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by samictelecoms12(m): 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
Mtchew

7 Likes

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Yenefer(f): 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
I will suggest harsh punishment but..... They're my people so the police should warn them and free them. It's family affairs and families do fight amongst themselves

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
Omg
This corntree won't stop to amaze me
Well if I check am well well , those guys voted Baba but dem don dey feel the real change just like our fellow zomBs here
even sarki don dey get sense

263 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by StrikeBack(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2020
Useless Buhari

275 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 01, 2020
Thunder scatter PresiDEBT MumuMmadu BorrowHari blokkos there! angry

477 Likes 42 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by ItooWorWor(m): 3:20pm On May 01, 2020
They should come and arrest me oo! grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Ijaya123: 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
Something is terribly wrong with the presidency. Do we have an emperor as president? And what with the Nigerian police with their overzealous actions. Very annoying lots.

Barrack Obama received insult throughout his tenure. Egoistic Trump is chewing insult as a daily meal. Nobody has been arrested for insulting them.

If Buhari is aware of this and is keeping quite, I’m bold to say he is simply suffering from inferiority complex. If he believes the heat is too hot, he should simply get out of the kitchen.

Leadership isn’t meant for the feeble-minded.

Meanwhile, we can stop this pandemic together...

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by EmekaMD(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
What do you mean Insulting Buhari ?

Like "thunder fire you " or "mumu president "?
I'm not understanding

262 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by LibertyRep: 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
What could PMB have done to have warrant abuses from a 70 years old man from his backyard.

If police should come to Nairaland ehn, their cells go full be that o.

Can anyone explicitly state the law the old man violated so that others wouldn't ignorantly fall into the same pit.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by jabberjawz: 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
They should be ready to arrest 200 million people......idiots....better still, they should come arrest the entire Nairaland..... Arachnida..angry

I honestly need Covid-19 to do us a big favor by paying these useless idiots an August visit.... "A visit only".......Buhari & Gandollar especially.. angry

151 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Thisis2raw(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
A govt that came into power by insulting those in power, now can't stand the same fate

215 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by iaamxavier(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
Na im be say them go arrest everybody for this country

Stupid government
May corona kill of all them
Useless mother fvckers!!?

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Deicide: 4:40pm On May 01, 2020
Freedom of speech
I knew democracy In this country was a joke

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by freshkpomo(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
Mr Olokpa Pls come and arrest me too and the guy above me, the guy below me too, my full street. This government is gradually turning into a dictator.

God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by OsuIgboIpob: 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I dey laugh grin

Bubu the mumu is heartless.

Who is he that people won't insult??

Sensible former presidents and even present ones are being insulted day in day out, Including Trump... So i ask again, Who's that Mr. lifeless

After promising heaven in Nigeria, failed in all sectors, including the other room. And you expect people not to insult him??

Bubu the mumu is a brukutu guzzling dullard i swear!... come and arrest me.
Lol
If dem born u well, do a video of what you typed/posted and post it on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

U go regret d day dem born u grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Rapsodee(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
Wetin Musa no go see for gate, the fact that he is a president doesn't mean he is above blasting and correction, there is freedom of speech.

Besides, wetin concern police with the matter...smh.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by shaggy007(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
JAOS:
to those of you here in nairaland YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERS

Yes, our days are numbers.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

Etc

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Sultty(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
Rubbish what happens to d freedom of speech bill. Oh I remember it was not implemented

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by barnny(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
embarassed[It Is Finished

5 Likes

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by crestedaguiyi: 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
They should first prove that the person they insulted is Buhari.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Vlibray: 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
Clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2020
This is bad now, no need to arrest them now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:42pm On May 01, 2020
grin oya make dem come arrest me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by Learn1: 4:42pm On May 01, 2020
Remember the words of Goodluck Jonathan?
Do you miss him now? grin

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari by culcat(m): 4:42pm On May 01, 2020
He is lifeless
Come and arrest me

69 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Customs Seized Senator Saraki’s Range Rover (Photos) / Nigerian Army Came To Kill Me And My Family - Nnamdi Kanu On Live Broadcast / Rate Ifeanyi Uba's Mansion At Nnewi-Anambra State- Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.