Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Re: Who Will Fight For The Common Man In Akwa Ibom State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Who Will Fight For The Common Man In Akwa Ibom State? (260 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man / Dino Melaye: I Will Fight For A Better Society Through My Movie Roles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Who Will Fight For The Common Man In Akwa Ibom State? by Nditoeka: 6:48pm On May 01, 2020
By Godwin Edet

I have just finished reading an article with the above caption, written by one Inibehe Effiong. The name is very familiar in the city of criticism. Infact, he has a place in the Hall of Criticism. We know that he doesn't write out of compassion for the common man, but out of the blind conviction that to be famous, one must criticise. But this is a fat lie.

Inibehe has again kicked against groups, organisations, traditional and religious bodies for supporting and appreciating Gov. Udom Emmanuel in the way his government is handling the coronavirus pandemic in the state. Every right thinking person in our society knows the efforts that the present administration has injected in the fight to stall the spread of the dreaded virus. As a result, groups and organisations have continued to praise the state governor for such feat. But the question is: Why do the heathen rage? Why has Inibehe Effiong imagined a vain thing?

I have tried, but to no avail to ascertain the rationale behind such irrational thoughts by Inibehe. Did he expect Oro Union, Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio, Traditional rulers, religious bodies and other professional bodies he mentioned to fight the government? What is the essence of fighting a government that is doing its best to ensure that things are in place for the people to enjoy? That would have been another level of madness for crying out loud.

Inibehe must understand one thing: Government thrives on collective effort. In governance, both the leaders and the governed have respective roles to play for success to be achieved. Any government without the support of the people is bound to fail.

In the present dispensation, almost everybody has seen that the government is trying, and such a government needs to be supported and encouraged.

That is what Oro Union did. That is what Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio did. That is what every other organisation and religious body he mentioned did. Why should Inibehe be angry that people have supported a performing government. Is this not witchcraft? Who has bewitched our son?

For heaven's sake, great democracies that we are celebrating today attained those heights as a result of collaboration and citizens' participation in governance.

When someone is advocating for the people to rise against a performing government, what does he want to achieve? Does he want others to join him and fight what is right?

Brother Ini, it doesn't work that way. You will walk on this part alone, because an average Akwa Ibom person loves and cherishes what is good. No one will follow you to fight your fathers. Bitterness and envy are not in our blood.

In answering your question, I want you to know that we are a people bonded in love. We are bounded by the cord of compassion for one another. We are our brother's keepers. The present adminstration, good spirited individuals, pressure groups, socio-political organisations, religious and professional bodies will continue to fight for the common man in Akwa Ibom. We are doing our best, and testimonies abound.

Akwa Ibom people, groups and organisations that have seen what Gov. Udom Emmanuel is doing will continue to support him. Together, we will build the Akwa Ibom of our dream, while the enemies of the state will perish in shame.

Godwin Edet writes from Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
Re: Re: Who Will Fight For The Common Man In Akwa Ibom State? by cactus1549: 7:37pm On May 01, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Re: Who Will Fight For The Common Man In Akwa Ibom State? by fykes(m): 8:46pm On May 01, 2020
Nobody fights for any " common man " in this place.
His only hope is to do whatever he can to get a name and stop being a common man
U may not like it... But u don't even need to like it. It's d truth!!

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Osun Government Arrests 27 Illegal Miners / Massive Crowd On The First Day Of Movement / Cam Caught A Live Failed Robbery At A Lady's Apartment (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.