Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:50 AM

Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" (48814 Views)

"I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer / Zenga Joins Race To Take Super Eagles Job / Pinnick Confirms NFF Met Mourinho For Super Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by robosky02(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2020
Sven-Goran Erikson, former England manager, has revealed why he turned down the opportunity to coach the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

In an interview with Branschen.se, a Swedish website, Erikson said he rejected the offer after he was told by an official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) that his salary would be paid into two different bank accounts.

According to the Swede, the NFF gave him a condition that his salary would be paid into his account and “another account that was not in my name.”

Erikson was contacted after late Shaibu Amodu was relived of his job as Eagles coach after the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).

The NFF also contacted Guus Hiddink, Glenn Hoddle, Arigo Sacchi, Giovanni Trapattoni, Eriksson and Louis van Gaal for the job 10 years ago.

“The only time I can remember having undergone any form that resembles an interview was when I was asked about the job of Nigeria’s national team coach in 2010 ahead of the World Cup in South Africa,” Erikson said.

“I went down in the belief that I would meet the chairman of the national team association (NFF) and that it was really only contract formalities that we would go through.

“But when I arrived, several coaches had received the same invitation, including Lars Lagerbäck. I was very surprised but found myself quiet quickly.

“After a while, I was called into the room with a chairman who declared that they wanted me as a coach, but with the proviso that my salary would be divided into two parts: one that I got into my account and another that would be deposited into another account that was not in my name.

“There I refused on the standing. I thought something didn’t go right. I’ve never applied for a job in my entire life.

“All my assignments have come about through the results I have achieved. I have never gone through any traditional job interviews, never sat down and conducted any tests or been analysed.”

Lars Lagerback was eventually appointed Eagles coach at that time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/erikson-why-i-rejected-super-eagles-job-in-2010/amp

18 Likes

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by robosky02(m): 10:19pm On May 01, 2020
How can we compete for the top honours when we keep cutting corner's

The top coaches only go to where they see top quality players and a sincere FA

Here in Nigeria and at present we have an embarrassing array of top players

But when the FA is not sincere they only get grade C coaches to share money with and kill our football.....

236 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by robosky02(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by laosy(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2020
Na our way jare, it's not a surprise. Don't be shocked when Rohr reveals he shared his salary with 35 others after he's relieved of his job...shame,shame,shame!!!

170 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Rochasewele(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2020
Can this be true?
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by ozoebuka1(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
angry

Nigeria and fraudulence why would they propose such a deal. Smh

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Racoon(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
Corruption in Nigeria is so putrifying that even the only sport that unite its citizens is also oozing the stench. What a national & international embarrassment.

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Kendumazy(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by psychologist(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
You see that nff glass house...

It houses more corrupt people than aso rock....

However
This face mask thing is good ooo, I just passed someone I have been owing and he didn't recognize me grin grin grin grin grin

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by sleeknaija(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by nijabazaar: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
Nigeria is the fourth strand in the DNA of corruption

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by wilemer: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
robosky2o:
Sven-Goran Erikson, former England manager, has revealed why he turned down the opportunity to coach the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

In an interview with Branschen.se, Erikson said he rejected the offer after he was told by an official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) that his salary would be paid into two different bank accounts.

not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Badgers14: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
grin

Some people even pay upfront and then split their salary before getting government jobs..

That's 9ja for you .

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by classicfrank4u(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2020
Y
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by doctor306(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2020
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by KenModi(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2020
Nigerians, corruption no go kill una!!

You blame your leaders, yet there is corruption in every length and breath of the country.

Everybody dey form wise man/woman. Fvcking corrupt citizens!

So long the people are greedy and corrupt, you would continue to get greedy and corrupt leaders. You can’t give what you don’t have.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by YorubaKinging: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
The end is near
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by knight24real: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
Nigeria never seems to disappoint me. The other account not in his name we all understand and know the rest. God bless Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by JosephXavier: 11:14am On May 02, 2020
D
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2020
sad
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Stevyne: 11:14am On May 02, 2020
Las las Lars largerback still flop.

5 Likes

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Successmind(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by Exc2000: 11:14am On May 02, 2020
Kwaraption
Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by ahmemmygrey(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2020
Wow

But I really don't understand the meaning of dividing my salary into two, then depositing half of the salary into another account that doesn't bear my name

pls if u understand, kindly explain

2 Likes

Re: Sven-Göran Eriksson Rejected Super Eagles Job: "I Was Asked To Split My Salary" by round1(f): 11:14am On May 02, 2020
Nigeria will never get better. Just negodu

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Has Chosen PSG As His Next Club - Bleacher Report / Aden Marwa: Kenyan Referee Sacked By FIFA - World Cup For Receiving $600 Bribe / Pictures Of Stadia To Be Used In FIFA 2018 World Cup In Russia & Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.