Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,315 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95614 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / See Bad English Written By A Polytechnic Graduate Who Applied For Npower Job / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 5:39am On May 03, 2020
deewhydoski:
Op, I can see that some people are saying you should go and make money to impress your babe family, like say money is easy to make especially in this Niger. Op dont go and do pass yourself
Leave the girl, it is obvious that her father don't want you. Upgrade yourself and look for someone else.
Ladies full for town

Ladies full for town? Really? As if it is that easy. you know how many of us looking for girlfriends, for many years? To even find someone who matches you is not easy. Please look for another consolation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by udemzyudex(m): 5:41am On May 03, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

That kind thing no dey work again for this 21st century instead na him fit suffer am. grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by udemzyudex(m): 5:43am On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:
OP. even you have discriminated against polytechnics people because I'm very sure you have met countless poly girls but chose to go for a university graduate with masters sef.

No poly guy or girl wants to marry a polytechnic leaver yet you guys are the first people who complain about discrimination. Same discrimination you poly leavers are guilty of

My advice to the OP is to look for a fellow polytechnic girl and date as that girl he is chasing is way beyond his level in all ramifications.

Stup1d post.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 5:50am On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:

True talk bro.. The OP is a gold digger and the lady's dad saw his conny tricks from a mile away. Ordinary factory worker with a diploma wants to marry a lady with B.Sc and masters that works in a big company in Lagos.

The OP should go and eat his mumu love.

Please what is the "Conny tricks" there? They met while she had no Msc and no job from one Big company in Lagos. They guy was honest to lay the table plain. He could lie he finished from landmark or some unknown unveirsty and add artificial packaging. He didn't do all these and you said he's corney, perhaps, cuz of his simplicity.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:50am On May 03, 2020
humilitypays:
The reason the man rejected you is not that you are a HND holder, it is how you presented yourself plus how you sold yourself to her father when he asked about your parents and job.

Everybody in Nigeria is scared of poverty, including President Buhari that was why he hurriedly married his daughters out to sons of billionaires cos even as a President he was scared of the future of his kids lol

I can boldly tell you that most of my close friends are HND holders and they earn far more than most master degree holders, most have built their own houses, some building second houses for rent and driving their dream cars and married to ladies with far greater profile than your girlfriend.

For those screaming Masters Degree, what is a masters degree in present day Nigeria and the world when there are no jobs She's only lucky she has a connected father that helped her get a job after her Msc if not, her Msc cert would have expired in her clothing box like thousands of people in Nigeria and even outside Nigeria.

In the US for instance, if you like have 2 Msc in all those yeye courses they study in Nigeria like Marketing, Accounting, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Geology, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc, people with ordinary certificate in Nursing, and other STEM courses will earn far more than you and even get employed before you will ever get a job, so what's the fuss about

Most IOCS and top FMCGs employ mostly HND graduates; especially the engineering guys and they grow faster than most other graduates and fields.

Dangote Refinery, Fertiliser, P&G, Oil Test, Shell, Mobil, NLNG, NBC, etc employ mostly Engineering graduates with HND and most of them earn far more than Bsc and Msc graduate
s, so op don't let the man's action push you to depression, it is not about your HND certificate, it is about what you are currently earning, about your financial status now; probably you went to the man's house on a taxi, and dressed like an Oshogbo man, just upgrade yourself because the whole world is afraid of poverty that is why everybody is running away from poor people, not that poor people are poisonous.

Repackage yourself, there are far better ladies ahead to meet, the girl profile is not even that high to warrant the father talking nonsense, ordinary Babcock and Covenant university, what will he say about those that trained their daughters in ivy League schools in UK, US, etc He couldn't even afford to send her abroad to study where she would have met sons and daughters of Queens and Kings yet he is discriminating, life sha.

Op you are a man, man no get bad market when it comes to marriage, a man is always a good market when it comes to marriage, the only problem a man has in life is to get money. Go and get money, you will meet far better ladies with higher profile than the ordinary Babcock graduate of a girl with valueless Msc from Otta farm school....focus on moving to a better company that pays better using your work experience and once you start earning higher and start packaging yourself better, you will meet even foreign ladies with royal family background, for a man, it's all about money and your packaging. The man is only doing his daughter not you. He should visit big organisations in Nigeria and outside Nigeria and see ladies in executive positions with even PhD being used and dumped by Gigolo boys who didn't even finish secondary school....some are begging guys for marriage with all their PhD and wealth, it will soon clear from his eyes, I hate irrational people angry

If the yeye school his daughter attended and the yeye Bsc and Masters was that special, why couldn't his daughter use them to secure a wonderful job on her own with her father helping her to get a job Of what use is her schooling to obtain Bsc and Msc if she couldn't secure a good job on her own without her Father's help Yeye people
i agree with a lot u said but that part is a full blown lie . Do not be decieved. As an HNd holder u must further or it will take many years to get a promotion, people who hire HND holders want cheap labour . So u futher to be promoted. Same with bsc but their start up pay is not as low as Hnd holders

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 123papas(m): 5:50am On May 03, 2020
i understand your plight but how you guys travel from one state to another because of kpanshing is unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Liliantalks: 5:52am On May 03, 2020
123papas:
i understand your plight but how you guys travel from one state to another because of kpanshing is unbelievable
grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by guru90: 5:55am On May 03, 2020
PureGoldh:
Bro....see eeh,just be urself....No dey worry urself over dx issue.

If the girl in question was designed for you by God.... something extraordinaire wey pass Zeeworld go happen between the two of una...even her family go turn up for you.

There is a man for every woman and there is a woman for every man.

I wish you all the best

Na so brother!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 5:57am On May 03, 2020
Lol
Our guys never learn
First time I drove into my wives fathers
Compound
Na my wife father been dey ask her daughter is that your potential husband after I left

Make una go hustle
Leave big men daughter's alone
Level up before you chase some kind babes
Covenant and Babcock, plus rich father
And you think say e go easy

Easier for a rich guy to marry a poor girl
Than vice versa
Bitter but factss

Many girls out there will still accept you, best you find them and have peace of mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 5:58am On May 03, 2020
damesilver:

Ladies full for town? Really? As if it is that easy. you know how many of us looking for girlfriends, for many years? To even find someone who matches you is not easy. Please look for another consolation.

Na runs girls full town
Good ladies are also there
But in certain circles
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Roon9(m): 6:06am On May 03, 2020
stuffs4me:

Read what the OP typed in his story and you'll find out that he is just a factory worker with HND while the girl has first degree and a masters and works in a big organisation in Lagos.

Habba! The two of them no be mate na. If not for NYSC, they would never have met at that kind of social level.

The OP sounds to me like a gold digger. that wants to use the girl to escape poverty and the lady's dad was wise to his conny tricks

Ah bros! Too harsh
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by RedBororo(m): 6:08am On May 03, 2020
OriOko88:

Your last sentence is senseless cry
Really Guy hustle make you no teeth they open drink for everybody for family meeting

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by mistarsam(m): 6:09am On May 03, 2020
It is well
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by beta247: 6:11am On May 03, 2020
OP you want to ruin his investment?

Convince him to like you and he will elevate you beyong recognition. Sell yourself very well in the family again. Start from the mother your chances of getting in will be high

All the best. I really sympathise with you.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ERCROSS(m): 6:12am On May 03, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Another sponsored post.
How much do they pay you guys?
You mean they pay the mods to get their threads pushed to the Frontpage?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by SammyChi1988: 6:12am On May 03, 2020
They must be very stupid. My brother don't bother yourself OK... You are a graduate so don't allow anyone to push you and tell you where to fall. Go for another lady.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 6:13am On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

What is most important for me when deciding whom to marry is the compatibility, all else, do not matter much. It is good to progress both materially and spiritually. Do not be lacking in that respect. I also finished from a polytechnic, OSCOTECH, and I live in Osogbo. It woould be nice meeting you sir. Just last year I added a university degree.

As regards your situation, I will advise that you pray for the wisdom of God. Do not throw the baby with the bath water. Exercise caution and patience, not anger or bitterness. It is good that your fiancee is much interested in you and that's the number 1. Stay doggedly and continue to do the inner work. Don't give up until you are sure that you've done your best to retain what you think is best for you. Do not force things however if it doesn't work out. Just stay and continue to converse with the your lady.

Please do not listen to those saying girls plenty, beautiful bla bla.. That's not true bro. A good girl, nice and beautiful as you've described is not easy to come by. She's not even judging you by your "humble" conditions. Many ladies out there are directly opposite and will torment your life. I pray the lord be with you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by dele2k4(m): 6:16am On May 03, 2020
Bros if the insist you get a Bsc degree just promise you will get back to further but this is after the marriage if he insist call it a quit because the man might be the problem in the marriage and will likely cause frequent fight at home.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Tom05: 6:23am On May 03, 2020
If this man be MD of a company and you carry HND come to look for work.. hmm he will never employ person. Nigerians and their certificates discrimination they are like 5&6.

Hustle hard and upgrade yourself but not because of anybody. Go and do your PGD follow your masters as well.. Nobody should push you and make you feel less as a man.

In my story, I got job with my HND and I see different kind of discriminations in the sectors even in my place of work. I had to do another degree again while I was working. Nigeria is not a place to be for any ambitious person, they will use mouth kill your dream. Focus and never relent.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by ardeysholah: 6:23am On May 03, 2020
seniormallam:
The problem is that you don't have a good job, the school thing is just a easy way out for the Dad.
I'm also an HND holder, if not for genotype issue, my fiancée then has Msc. And she's a daughter of one LASU acting HOD then.
My uncle has HND, working with first bank, he earns above #300k monthly on his grade level, I'm sure the Dad won't say NO with such salary.
Adekunle Gold finished from Lagos state polytechnic while Simi his wife graduated from covenant university...... Will the Dad had said NO too.
You don't have a good job, yet you didn't say your Dad too is one chief or a politician....... Hustle Bro.
May God bless you, for citing these examples
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by customstreet: 6:23am On May 03, 2020
Honestly, the education gap was too obvious. The father was emotionally looking for good future for his daughter. In fact, both are not compatible. If they don't know now they would know in future
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ndubuisipaul1: 6:28am On May 03, 2020
Ningen:
Are you implying he rather gives his blessings to a poor and jobless degree holder than to a rich and successful school dropout?

You are totally naive to believe it's all about your educational background, its your Bank Account!

Your options —

1. She can find her voice and convince her dad that you are success and marriage material.

2. You can go back to school for a degree. grin

3. Elope together without his blessing.

4. Get rich quick, google 'Robbin Banks' for tips.

5. Quit and move on. ( Preferred option!!)

Sometimes I wonder the kind of sand God used in creating some people's brain, in your case God did not use sand He used refined milk butter and honey. Well done bro

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Tom05: 6:28am On May 03, 2020
customstreet:
Honestly, the education gap was too obvious. The father was emotionally looking for good future for his daughter. In fact, both are not compatible. If they don't know now they would know in future

You are not God.. so you don’t know what future will hold for anybody. If you hustle hard and pray nothing is in possible. More so not until you even have certificates before God will bless a man. Wise up!!!!!!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Notateflonguy(m): 6:31am On May 03, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

Bro...take love aside..at least know your worth and be proud of it...the father has no right to ridicule you
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by SammyChi1988: 6:32am On May 03, 2020
Liliantalks:
i agree with a lot u said but that part is a full blown lie . Do not be decieved. As an HNd holder u must further or it will take many years to get a promotion, people who hire HND holders want cheap labour . So u futher to be promoted. Same with bsc but their start up pay is not as low as Hnd holders
Everything is all about the grace of God... There are people with HND, BSc, MSc etc yet people with O'level is far more better than them.... Africans stop deceiving yourselves...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 6:33am On May 03, 2020
jaxxy:

Lol i didn't say her father bt there is nothing wrong with that if he can. There are many promising guys out there bt its just lack of opportunities. That's my point.

If a guy genuinely loves ur daughter and has prospects there's nothing wrong with fixing him up.

There is something wrong!
A man does not go to his father in law for fixing. He goes to his own father or himself.
In any case, the father in law does not want to fix him up, he wants to fix only his own daughter up.
I cannot force him to make himself a ladder for another man because the man "claims" to love his daughter.
Love is FREE.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by damesilver(m): 6:34am On May 03, 2020
rayobaba:
Mmhmm, some people say give her belle. Still may not work and l don't support that. Some parent wl stl force their daughter to abort the pregnancy which is automatic the end of the relationship. I think the dad not after your HND, he has weighed it and felt you below her daughter educationally and that maybe you not rich.
If you are so rich with your HND, papa may not think of HND.
Continue with the relationship, be a man, don't be timid or weak, don't feel inferior, be caring and understanding to the girl, and lastly chase the cheque and continue to work hard and smart legally.
Time will tell.

I like this comment. He should not be timid, weak or inferior. He should continue to show care and understanding, and also work hard legally. He shouldn’t be tempted or encouraged to irresponsible behaviour, as many are won’t, due to his unsavory experience. I hope the OP will see these messages and heed them.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 6:34am On May 03, 2020
openmine:

You are going too far with these futuristic questions of yours!
The OP never said he was rejected because he doesn't have a good job(most private companies pay very well) or he wasn't financially stable....he was rejected by the lady's dad,according to him,because of his 'POLY CERTIFICATE'! SIMPLE!
This is why i advised you to go back and peruse his post instead of adding what isn't even there!
Are you very sure you read his post or you just responded to the title?

The father cannot tell him he has nothing going o for him.....father gave him an abbreviated portion of the whole gist. Akin Alabi Nairabet went to Poly... no father is rejecting him because he has now gone to Harvard too.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 6:35am On May 03, 2020
menix:
Which one concern the school wey son of Man attend with blissful marriage

Some of this our end time parent dey even surprise d devil..

Don’t know about that but an educated lady marrying an illiterate man is a no no! Wahala must come later

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 6:37am On May 03, 2020
Robisky001:
Her dad wasn't even concerned if you can actually cater for daughter but your Educational level. Smh

Oga na format! If he had come in a Range; educated or not, don’t think her dad would be making all that noise.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 6:38am On May 03, 2020
pasol4real:

This mentality you displayed here would ruin you if you don’t change. From this your comment I can deduce you are one of those girls after flashy things n sparks.
Your type will rather sacrifice their future for immediate gratifications.
My point? Always look out for potentials n not the immediate sparks.

I have a son in Covenant University and happily married.
What future ?
The poster is not showing signs that he is building a future.... he is waiting for a good samaritan or a rich man daughter ?
Which potential ? 5 years and no potential is sprouting.
Anyone can change but until then....
Poster needs to buckle up.... if he does not give your sister to him biko.... the man said NO

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by luvyaself95(m): 6:38am On May 03, 2020
meetme01:
Op, to be sincere, if you don't upgrade before you get married to that lady if eventually things is sorted. You would have issues in your home.

See, it's not a curse. Married folks can attest to this.

Her standard is much higher academically, financially etc than yours. You have been seen as a gold digger. She would want to reside in Lagos due to her job. Not mainland Lagos but on the island. Can you afford accommodation in Lekki or or VI.? She would have much say in the home because her income is much higher and her parents would be supportive. If you're not careful, your home would be dictated by her parents. Before you know, you would turn to their houseboy. At the long run, a hit or foul language on the lady will end the marriage.

Please, yoruba would say, ile ola niyonu. Another says, iyawo burku se fe, ano buruku o se ni (You can mange a bad wife but the in-law should not be harboured).

If you like yourself, make her your best friend and remain best of friends. She would love it that way and any request for support or assistance, she would be glad.

Marriage is not only about love o.
You're the only that speak sense here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / Busty Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend's Birthday In Bed. Got Nigerians Talking / Sex Addict Who Had Sex With 100 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.