Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95655 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Dybala11(m): 4:58am On May 04, 2020
stuffs4me:

Read what the OP typed in his story and you'll find out that he is just a factory worker with HND while the girl has first degree and a masters and works in a big organisation in Lagos.

Habba! The two of them no be mate na. If not for NYSC, they would never have met at that kind of social level.

The OP sounds to me like a gold digger. that wants to use the girl to escape poverty and the lady's dad was wise to his conny tricks
Your thinking is myopic, is it still gold-digging if it's the other way round? I think you're a little bit extreme in your views and judgement.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Harshreality: 5:48am On May 04, 2020
Lol, I've been following this thread for a while.
It's weird how you guys have known each other for five years and she knowing the kind of person her father is didn't bother to polish you up to her fathers standard or at least give you tips on how to win him over.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baysol: 7:53am On May 04, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
My dear friend
You can't replace paper qualification with love. Who knows whether you are under test by the parents to see if you truly love her, their first eye ball. In life when you desire someone and its mutual you must cultivate a never say die attitude. Never surrender never give up. It is well.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Jesuisbelle(f): 9:59am On May 04, 2020
Don't quit yet,be hopeful,as far as she loves u which i can see thru your write-up,it will come out positive.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2020
Ybaby:

I have a son in Covenant University and happily married.
What future ?
The poster is not showing signs that he is building a future.... he is waiting for a good samaritan or a rich man daughter ?
Which potential ? 5 years and no potential is sprouting.
Anyone can change but until then....
Poster needs to buckle up.... if he does not give your sister to him biko.... the man said NO
Am glad you have a son n I hope he has a mind of his own. So you don’t poison him with your class mentality
The class mentality has ruined a lot of unions.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stuffs4me(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2020
Akalia:
your response to that delusional university slowpoke who thinks he is superior to poly graduates cuts it for me. I hate to come across people riding on their high horses when in reality the are empty scumbags- no top money, no connects, no notable achievement, no gift or talent; just a hollow skull and a loose tongue.

Forget the messed up educational system we operate here in Nigeria coupled with unpopular government policies. The university tertiary system is not supposed to be superior to that of the polytechnic, at least that's what's obtainable in saner climes.

Both systems are totally different and most importantly complement each other.

carpdiemz:

Don’t mind him that’s why I shut him up , such a kid.

Eiyah... Where did this semi illiterate HND failures crawl out from sef.

Go to universities nationwide and you will see young bright kids excelling academically, but these failures are hurting so badly because they failed to pass ordinary JAMB. JAMB exams that young teenagers are passing with ease.

I'm sure these two massive failures are being used as yardsticks on what a child should never be.

A mother would tell tell her son:
Mom: Junior, better go and pick your books and study, or do you want to be a failure like carpdiemz and Akalia?
Junior runs to pick his books and starts studying seriously grin grin grin
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
menix:

Is a HND graduate an illiterate

Wonders won't end oo!!

To answer that thing u scribbled up there;
Do u know ow many igbo millionaire nd billionaire traders that are married to professionals

I never said a HND graduate is an illiterate. Don’t twist my words.

To answer that thing you scribbled up there; Yes they may be married to them but do you know what happens in their homes. Or you are fooled by the smiles and nice clothes?

Both are on different wave lengths in terms of reasoning and seeing the world; there would always be serious trouble at some point.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 04, 2020
1. She's a Bsc graduate from a private university

2. She's a msc holder

3. Her dad secured a job for her in a private firm

She's definitely from a wealthy home....

Most rich parent won't want their child to get married to someone lower than them (even if its the guy that is rich )

After spending so much money on her education and finances

Wealthy families want their children to get married to more wealthy families.

Don't feel sad....You both should stay strong , be prayerful , and lastly don't give up....

I wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 5:02pm On May 04, 2020
pasol4real:

Am glad you have a son n I hope he has a mind of his own. So you don’t poison him with your class mentality
The class mentality has ruined a lot of unions.

You accuse me of class mentality but it is you and the poster trying to escape your class through marriage to a wealthy man's daughter rather than through the sweat of a hardworking man.

My son has a hardworking father and he has stepped into his father's shoes. When he is ready to marry - he is swinging in royal swagger to his father in law's house as a catch not as a pity me sir.

Good day to you too

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tarantino1: 6:48pm On May 04, 2020
humilitypays:
lol, when it comes to lifestyle, Nigerian lecturers live the most stupid and dirty lifestyle; they collect bribe from students as sorting to pass them or upgrade their exam result grade.

They sleep with female students to pass them or upgrade them.

They sell poorly written copy and paste handouts and nonsense textbook at outrageous price to meet up with their dream financial life they thought lecturing would provide for them.

They join small boys in foolish school cult and also do jazz to protect themselves from students they maltreat, fail and sleep with.

So what nonsense lifestyle are you talking about here Lilian

Lecturing in Nigeria is a yeye work, Teachers are more respected and dignified than lecturers, so you better aspire to become a teacher than a lecturer if you want to live a modest life.

Go back and read my edited comment you quoted, I have friends and course mates who are now lecturers, so I know wink

You did not lie.

I just graduated from UNI*** last year and that place is rife with corruption. Any little they render to you is an opportunity to bill you, bursary money wey state pay, there bill you, even course reg there go bill you.

A very frustrating experience for students.
Only fools aspire to be lecturers in this country. In my eyes, they are in the same league as policemen who extort people.

They are the lowest in the league of scums. Would rather end up as a secondary school teacher than a lect.

And these are the schools that Nigerians proudly beat their chest to that they were students forgetting theyre all shitholes.

I nor wan loseguard mention name of school cos i never clear finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by tarantino1: 7:03pm On May 04, 2020
Thiwalade:

Why do you judge success in life on money? Young man, footballers can pay lecturers or researchers in many fold but that doesn't mean they aren't successful. If academia should choose to chase money, many of you will not have anything to build on. The phone you're using is a product of research of some people. That you can pay my salary doesn't mean you're more successful than I am. If success is based on money, Jesus Christ and many other people we still hear about today will not be heard of. In your own eyes, dangote is more successful than wole soyinka right? Nobody goes into academics with the aim of making millions. We chose it because we love knowledge and wish to improve human life. Look at you all running into your houses while these same researchers are finding cure for the virus. Why can't your money buy you the cure? Get real education and know we are all special in our different ways. You're probably just jealous.

Note# there's always going to be the richest man in every generation but those with influence live long in human hearts through history.

I agree with your setiments about the purpose of going to academia. I even had plans to go into it, but the attitude of my lectures with the exception of three or four in my Dept made me realize that it is not a noble profession as you paint it, at least here in Nigeria.

The extortion of students for a wide variety of things that should be their job is alarming. It is fast becoming one of the least respectable professions in the country.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by menix(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2020
KenModi:

To answer that thing you scribbled up there; Yes they may be married to them but do you know what happens in their homes. Or you are fooled by the smiles and nice clothes?

Both are on different wave lengths in terms of reasoning and seeing the world; there would always be serious trouble at some point.

When u re guessing of others marital life, pls keep shut nd keep moving...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2020
Ybaby:

You accuse me of class mentality but it is you and the poster trying to escape your class through marriage to a wealthy man's daughter rather than through the sweat of a hardworking man.

My son has a hardworking father and he has stepped into his father's shoes. When he is ready to marry - he is swinging in royal swagger to his father in law's house as a catch not as a pity me sir.

Good day to you too
Hmmm, ignorance is a disease
For ur info by all standards I could be referred to as an elite , but that’s no reason for me to be elitist or discriminatory in nature. I was well brought up by my parents,so I was taught to look out for potentials n not already made that might crumble in few years to come. That you are wealthy today is no guarantee you will be wealthy tomorrow, only ppl with potentials will keep going n a wise father knows this.
I pity some of you with this so called” royalty” mentality, going about n causing unhappiness for your children in their marriages, all because of your wanton greed n insatiable quest for a royal or class match.
My elder sister , a graduate of Harvard got married to an ssce holder. A lot of ppl including my mom were against their union , but my dad , after interviewing him saw a lot of potentials in the guy n sanctioned the marriage. Today this guy is well educated n a very very successful business man( one of the biggest Mtn agents in the country). Am not saying you should settle for less no, look out for potentials irrespective of the class the person belongs to .
Thanks .
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 04, 2020
tarantino1:

I agree with your setiments about the purpose of going to academia. I even had plans to go into it, but the attitude of my lectures with the exception of three or four in my Dept made me realize that it is not a noble profession as you paint it, at least here in Nigeria.

The extortion of students for a wide variety of things that should be their job is alarming. It is fast becoming one of the least respectable professions in the country.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:02pm On May 04, 2020
pasol4real:

Hmmm, ignorance is a disease
For ur info by all standards I could be referred to as an elite , but that’s no reason for me to be elitist or discriminatory in nature. I was well brought up by my parents,so I was taught to look out for potentials n not already made that might crumble in few years to come. That you are wealthy today is no guarantee you will be wealthy tomorrow, only ppl with potentials will keep going n a wise father knows this.
I pity some of you with this so called” royalty” mentality, going about n causing unhappiness for your children in their marriages, all because of your wanton greed n insatiable quest for a royal or class match.
My elder sister , a graduate of Harvard got married to an ssce holder. A lot of ppl including my mom were against their union , but my dad , after interviewing him saw a lot of potentials in the guy n sanctioned the marriage. Today this guy is well educated n a very very successful business man( one of the biggest Mtn agents in the country). Am not saying you should settle for less no, look out for potentials irrespective of the class the person belongs to .
Thanks .

I honestly appreciate your advice but the answer is still NO! and the girl's father too said NO!!!!

NO!!!! keep the potential.....
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 12:00am On May 05, 2020
Ybaby:

I honestly appreciate your advice but the answer is still NO! and the girl's father too said NO!!!!

NO!!!! keep the potential.....
The girl’s father took a wrong decision n will surely regret it.
My prayer for you is to have a re think and change your disposition, so you don’t later regret.
Mark my words you will remember me in the future......
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 4:26am On May 05, 2020
menix:

When u re guessing of others marital life, pls keep shut nd keep moving...

You are the one thinking I am guessing fool!

I have seen my illiterate Igbo neighbour beat his educated wife to stupor because of petty issues.

So you keep shut and keep moving idiiot!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by menix(m): 8:02am On May 05, 2020
KenModi:

You are the one thinking I am guessing fool!

I have seen my illiterate Igbo neighbour beat his educated wife to stupor because of petty issues.

So you keep shut and keep moving idiiot!

Lil child keep ranting..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 9:35am On May 05, 2020
pasol4real:

The girl’s father took a wrong decision n will surely regret it.
My prayer for you is to have a re think and change your disposition, so you don’t later regret.
Mark my words you will remember me in the future......

Joker! grin grin grin
Prophet of regret. Are you in charge of regret sharing...afi mark my words noh.... you have no such powers!!!!

Are you a comedian or a manipulator ?? The only regret is taking a gamble on a man who after 5 years of meeting a lady higher than him educationally as done nothing to bring himself at par.

You cannot brainwash me or the man. The answer is No! Find your class mate.... Leave social climbing for women.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Yenkaonka: 10:31am On May 05, 2020
Do you wish to meet your match?
Have you been looking for someone with the same interests as you?

Look no further, at meet.ng we pair potential matches and create hookups.
We understand that you might be too busy to find a lover/partner, relationship, so we bridge the gap for you by matching your with the opposite sex who are also looking for love or a relationship.

Send us a message, you're just a DM away from getting your next gf/bf, life partner.........

https:///r961va

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2020
Ybaby:

Joker! grin grin grin
Prophet of regret. Are you in charge of regret sharing...afi mark my words noh.... you have no such powers!!!!

Are you a comedian or a manipulator ?? The only regret is taking a gamble on a man who after 5 years of meeting a lady higher than him educationally as done nothing to bring himself at par.

You cannot brainwash me or the man. The answer is No! Find your class mate.... Leave social climbing for women.
I’ve said my piece
They that have ears let them hear.....
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2020
KenModi:

This guy is so funny
So because one has an msc n the other hnd they must reason n see the world differently....
Am sure you are a graduate but see how you are reasoning like a primary school certificate holder...
Thats exactly my point ... your level of certification has nothing to do with your reasoning....
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 12:09pm On May 05, 2020
pasol4real:

This guy is so funny
So because one has an msc n the other hnd they must reason n see the world differently....
Am sure you are a graduate but see how you are reasoning like a primary school certificate holder...
Thats exactly my point ... your level of certification has nothing to do with your reasoning....

I never said any of what you scribbled in response to my comment.

I am not in favour of the combination of an illiterate and a literate. Or has a HND graduate become illiterate in your world?

Oga try and read; not only read but also comprehend before rushing to reply.

Well you just proved the saying right; truly “your level of certification has nothing to do with your reasoning”.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by KenModi(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2020
menix:

Lil child keep ranting..

Young fool move along!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 7:41pm On May 05, 2020
pasol4real:

I’ve said my piece
They that have ears let them hear.....

You have no powers to predict the future.

You have power to get a University degree though....looooool

Blooo-oody manipulator. Use those tricks to fight poverty social climber.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2020
Ybaby:

You have no powers to predict the future.

You have power to get a University degree though....looooool

Blooo-oody manipulator. Use those tricks to fight poverty social climber.
Lol
You are just a lost soul, reasoning with you is a sheer waste of my precious time
I just pity your son if he chooses to go your way.....
Pride has really finished you......
University degree? Lol
If u know who uve bin opportuned to interact with
You wil do a thanksgiving.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 12:09am On May 06, 2020
pasol4real:

Lol
You are just a lost soul, reasoning with you is a sheer waste of my precious time
I just pity your son if he chooses to go your way.....
Pride has really finished you......
University degree? Lol
If u know who uve bin opportuned to interact with
You wil do a thanksgiving.

You have a false sense of importance. With the above epon I am so sure you are Dangote.....lol.....
Mr "do you know who I am"
Joker! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2020
ihejirika:
Guy I also found myself in thesame situation when i met my wife. We fell in love and was planning for the future. But her father was a proff in the university and she is a BSc holder. As usual her father rejected me on the fact that am a HND holder. But my wife then insisted that i must be me and she moved out of the fathers house and move into mine and told the family that when they are ready they know where to find her. The father had no choice that to give his blessing. But one good thing then was that everyone in her house was in support except the father and also i had a very solid job paying in 7 figures. My dear after that experience i vowed to equal the father in academic level. Today i have 2 Masters. About starting PhD. And today the father doesn't joke with me.
So my dear....it all depends on 2 things. Ur girl and the weight of your bank account.

Tales by the moonlight .
Some of you don't even know how to construct lies . Shame!
I like the fact that you encouraged him to upgrade his education but those lies you blended into the story is disgusting.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 4:05am On May 13, 2020
You move the fuk on.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Eniolakiite(f): 4:07am On May 13, 2020
It’s your bank account hmmmm smiley

Ningen:
Are you implying he rather gives his blessings to a poor and jobless degree holder than to a rich and successful school dropout?

You are totally naive to believe it's all about your educational background, its your Bank Account!

Your options —

1. She can find her voice and convince her dad that you are success and marriage material.

2. You can go back to school for a degree. grin

3. Elope together without his blessing.

4. Get rich quick, google 'Robbin Banks' for tips.

5. Quit and move on. ( Preferred option!!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Busty Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend's Birthday In Bed. Got Nigerians Talking / Sex Addict Who Had Sex With 100 Men (Photos) / My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.