Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,061 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:13 AM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95450 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / See Bad English Written By A Polytechnic Graduate Who Applied For Npower Job / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Tochi2020: 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Another sponsored post.

How much do they pay you guys?

Is It HND That Paid or B.SC That Paid. Let us know

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by northbird: 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
Op. Is a LIAR.

In one of his posts, he mentioned he lives in Lagos.

How can you work in Osun n live in Lagos.?

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Olayetan(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
bonnyhope:

It baffles me the way you hyped paid job like she is already a CEO of her dad s coy.

Guy, paid job can be terminated at any time.

Agreed that she is higher than the guy in terms of academic but who knows where the guy can be 2moro.

Forget tomorrow,
Talk about his current status...

7 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by fotadmowmend(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
Baba brace up double your hustle and don't get dejected. Don't force yourself to marry from an in-law that doesn't wants you. If you do well, they will regret their actions when it is too late. The girl's family is poor to think that way. You shouldn't marry from a poor family

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Makavelli25: 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
It all about the cash
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by seanjy4konji: 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
Leave them and go hustle.

Girls in London business school are single..

Don't u der estimate yourself

Blessing in disguise for every dossapoinent..dust yourself and set a target..

Queens will come for you when all set..

Just stay alive and focus..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by chaloskyx: 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
In a nutshell....find your level and class shes not for you move on
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Roozzaay(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?
What's the title of this movie bro

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 989900: 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
meetme01:
Op, to be sincere, if you don't upgrade before you get married to that lady if eventually things is sorted. You would have issues in your home.

See, it's not a curse. Married folks can attest to this.

Her standard is much higher academically, financially etc than yours. You have been seen as a gold digger. She would want to reside in Lagos due to her job. Not mainland Lagos but on the island. Can you afford accommodation in Lekki or or VI.? She would have much say in the home because her income is much higher and her parents would be supportive. If you're not careful, your home would be dictated by her parents. Before you know, you would turn to their houseboy. At the long run, a hit or foul language on the lady will end the marriage.

Please, yoruba would say, ile ola niyonu. Another says, iyawo burku se fe, ano buruku o se ni (You can mange a bad wife but the in-law should not be harboured).

If you like yourself, make her your best friend and remain best of friends. She would love it that way and any request for support or assistance, she would be glad.

Marriage is not only about love o.

GBAM!
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
BadLuckonmyGame:
your writing skill is so poor. I'm sure your spoken English is the same. I don't blame the parents. Your types are the ones giving OND and HND graduates problems.

Baba leave the English. The money skill is poor,sick and about to die.

Bros,
Ga Pata ego!!!! Go and look for $$$.

God bless your next step,cause this first one,hmmmmmmmmmm

Musa has running away to the border.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Harmlesspill(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
NobleSeed:
Oga stop that crap.I can bet you if the op stand and the girl stand and both are asked to defend the so called result, baba forget institution op fit beat her hands down...
Manny but unfortunately we are in this part of the world where what you have upstairs doesn't count rather what's on paper!!!
So unfortunate indeed!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Olayetan(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
Jokerman:

Before he huZle finish, the girl don marry another guy... Sending a girl to a school like Babcock is no joke... #700k per semester mani, then you bring one guy from one poly in osun village... Lol grin grin

grin

OP is a joker honestly...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by northbird: 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5801885/how-coping-relationship-during-lockdown

Same Op that works in Osun.

I believes he flies Caverton to Lagos daily.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by highbee02: 10:27pm On May 02, 2020
Pls, correct the title. The word GRADUATE is strictly for University. The title should reads " Her parents rejected me because I finished from a polytechnic."

6 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by bluebay(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2020
Re you sure? Or you rejected coz you don’t have money?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Asour: 10:27pm On May 02, 2020
BigJoe19:
Do you know that some people's parents that are in polytechnic are richer than those in private University?

That's a very unlikely case. would really like to know if you know one or you are just assuming possibilities here.

5 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by RTSC: 10:28pm On May 02, 2020
To be fair, that man has invested a lot in his daughter.
He expects her by virtue of her exposure to meet CBN workers, oil company engineers, and other high fliers.

You need to prove yourself worthy.
Get relevant. Make money.

The only cure to insult is money.

And don't impregnate that girl as a short cut.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Abeyjide: 10:28pm On May 02, 2020
God will give you your personal wife. don't worry.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Megadixh: 10:28pm On May 02, 2020
stuffs4me:

True talk bro.. The OP is a gold digger and the lady's dad saw his conny tricks from a mile away. Ordinary factory worker with a diploma wants to marry a lady with B.Sc and masters that works in a big company in Lagos.

The OP should go and eat his mumu love.

All what you wrote about the OP is total rubbish.. Assuming after NYSC he hits a job with an IOC with his HND I’m sure the girl’s father won’t make that statement. It’s just unfortunate that OP hasn’t attained financial freedom yet...

10 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Triplerg: 10:29pm On May 02, 2020
BadLuckonmyGame:
your writing skill is so poor. I'm sure your spoken English is the same. I don't blame the parents. Your types are the ones giving OND and HND graduates problems.
You took the words out of my mouth. His spoken English gave him away. Your composure and financial status and not your educational background, let you down. Just move on bro, the girl is not your class

7 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 02, 2020
stuffs4me:

Read what the OP typed in his story and you'll find out that he is just a factory worker with HND while the girl has first degree and a masters and works in a big organisation in Lagos.

Habba! The two of them no be mate na. If not for NYSC, they would never have met at that kind of social level.

The OP sounds to me like a gold digger. that wants to use the girl to escape poverty and the lady's dad was wise to his conny tricks
dark , pessimistic mindset!!

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Olayetan(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2020
BigJoe19:
Do you know that some people's parents that are in polytechnic are richer than those in private University?

This is so pointless.

Assuming you said fed. university, you would have made a point...

8 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by SavageMaster: 10:30pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

What is the opinion of the girl's mother?

If you have your babe and her mother on your side, then you have a leverage in eventually convincing the Dad.

Are you planning to further your education, even if not immediately? You can throw that one in too in trying to convince the man.

You see, he feels his daughter is already far ahead of you academically; I'm sure in a year or two, he'll start pushing her to do a PhD. So, he feels her daughter would be stooping too low to marry you. You need him to see you're intellectually sound too. I don't know if you really had time to talk with him on a wide range of issues before he started asking for your academic credentials.

For now, leave the man alone. Focus on the lady and her mother. Establish a channel of communication with her mother and let her see you as a smart, bright, promising and hardworking young man. If she can see through you, she'll be able to team up with her daughter and fight for you.

That's all I can say for now

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 02, 2020
well.. reject her parents too, why are you telling us? undecided
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by COdeGenesis: 10:33pm On May 02, 2020
Fake news
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by RTSC: 10:33pm On May 02, 2020
fotadmowmend:
Baba brace up double your hustle and don't get dejected. Don't force yourself to marry from an in-law that doesn't wants you. If you do well, they will regret their actions when it is too late. The girl's family is poor to think that way. You shouldn't marry from a poor family
No they are not.

If I spend millions and millions educating my daughter up to masters level in an elite environment, she better not come home with less.
She missed all the rich people at school, at work and only to choose an upcomer.

A waste of money.

I should have just sent her to Osun state university and save my money.

16 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by nwadiuko1(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
BigJoe19:
they don't know

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by obajoey(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
Thank you for this, God bless.

Bumweng:
Discover the art of computer programming and learn what a code can do online at YouTube Programming School free. You get to be exposed to programming languages such as python, java, c++, etc. from the scratch. Learn how to code, and make money from it.

Youtube Programming School
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpPwUAYOD-chcxMZREaH8WmWLhott2q4f
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Triplerg: 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
Asour:

That's a very unlikely case. would really like to know if you know one or you are just assuming possibilities here.
He is just making assumptions. It used to happen in the past but not now

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 10:35pm On May 02, 2020
You are reaching Poster.
Find a girl in Oshogbo pls.

Any man that wants his Babcock daughter to marry HND should comment nonsense.

Akin Alabi Nairabet went to Poly then Harvard. He pulled himself up but Poster remains in Oshogbo ....leave woman first and hustle that is my advise.
Brush yourself up if you want her ...... or you make do with Risi alagbo omo.

Nikka said my girl..... ta lo fi omo fun eh. Chioma Davido went to Babcock..... this NYSC sef....

BU to Poly ..... it is far!

6 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by gudugudumeje: 10:36pm On May 02, 2020
Go and take a professional Masters degree in Ibadan and then follow up the case. Then see how things will work out. The advantage these developments will bring you are many. Just take ur time and seriously too....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / Slay Mama Flaunts Her Big Cucumber (photos, Video) / No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.