Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate (95654 Views)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Please Help.my Parents Rejected My Serious Girlfriend Because She's Deaf / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 11:10pm On May 02, 2020
Vortex369:

There are more wealthy men on this planet whose major trigger to becoming a greater version of themselves were deicisions to get better in order to enable them get the love of pretty women.

Women are triggers, but the fools who get cheap women freely end up having nothing.

Why would a man work when he can lay the best women for free?

Wonder why huge men end up as bouncers? And handsome boys end up being broke?

You are so right

My son never liked bathing .... it was a national issue.
He got to SS 1 liked a pretty girl "Favour"
Man started bathing twice a day with comb in his pocket.
I sent Favour flowers.....what I could not achieve Favour achieved it in proxy.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Favourite001: 11:10pm On May 02, 2020
NYSC love grin, camp love grin grin, PPA love grin grin grin, FALLACY!!!
Dis OP wud have tot within himself my hook catch big fish dats y u have been with her all dis while.
I can't blame you at least u r educated And trying to make ends meet,u r working but don't b too comfortable with osun state,move out, explore, b exposed, I know y I said dis, my course rep is from osun menhhh d guy accent even speaking English and funny enuf he has been in osun since he was born and NYSC took him to Rivers State, guess wat? he's back in osun, hustling...u won't understand
I can't blame d lady she can't disobey her parents
I can't blame her dad either, isn't easy at all Babcock,CU is a big investment. Go to CU and c deir students u will marvel
Go to God in prayer, inquire if she's yours and ask Holy Spirit for directions not even on marriage alone but yr own life, making it to the top,don't neglect dat area of yr life ogaaaaaaaaaaa

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by gidiz(m): 11:11pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=landmark86 post=89083595]I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.
She also graduated from Babcock University.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

After her M.sc, her dad got her a job with a big company in Lagos.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

Please your advise is needed, what should I do?

I understand how devastating this can be , but you should be seen to be visionary, take your academics to the next level and if they get that idea that you are hard-working and visionary they will allow it.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by stormborn28(m): 11:11pm On May 02, 2020
tidalstorm:
I can see where her parents are coming from. Every parent wants a better life for his/her kid. The expenses they spent on school sef no go be small money.
With your qualifications, you might never be good enough for there daughter. Just leave the girl, work harder and try to further your education to avoid family wahala.
I think it is a social class problem, them dey feel say you no reach their class based on money.
it is social class nothing more

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 11:11pm On May 02, 2020
mechanics:
Remember, he needs to work to go for further studies, to me certificate don't matter when it comes to the issue of marriage, her dad is really making a big mistake, if he's not careful, he will make her daughter to marry the wrong choice and nothing good will come of the marriage.

Yimu!
When it is your turn do as you wish with your precious daughter

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 02, 2020
maybe why the parents are refusing u is not because of ur hnd per se but because maybe u just satisfied having ur hnd and u have no desire of moving forward.the could detect by the way u act and what u say.prove them wrong by apply for masters programme and if u can have a lecturing job with the hnd then apply.get busy and dont just relax thinking u have arrived with just having hnd.most parents are wary of handing their dauthers to men who are not desirious in moving forward.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Favourite001: 11:13pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

Yimu!
When it is your turn do as you wish with your precious daughter
Me see laff grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ybaby: 11:15pm On May 02, 2020
openmine:

Did you read the part where he was rejected by his gf's dad simply because he was not a university graduate?
As for the finance that you wrongfully inserted,Did the OP say he ain't working or financially stable?
Smh

Is he financially able to pay Chrisland fees ?

Is he prepared for the man's grand child to attend Babcock too or is the new baby going to Ere poly too?

5 years of dating and he did not try to get at par with her.
No pity party abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 02, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things
give her belle wen im never get job cheesy.u want the picking and mama to suffer cheesy
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Johsefh: 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
OP is obviously lying

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

You are so right

My son never liked bathing .... it was a national issue.
He got to SS 1 liked a pretty girl "Favour"
Man started bathing twice a day with comb in his pocket.
I sent Favour flowers.....what I could not achieve Favour achieved it in proxy.

A great number of men have improved their lives because of the presence of 'Favour' in their lives.

If the OP does not advance his education because of the lady, then he can only descend. The best women are the ones who challenge men to advance beyond their pay grades.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Favourite001: 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Iree for show!!!!! grin grin grin
I remembered dat slang dat year
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by nitdude: 11:18pm On May 02, 2020
Some people here are out of dept with reality. I believe the man's concerned is purely on financial security for his daughter considering his investments. It's not about being a polytechnic graduate. Many polytechnic graduates are in top management positions of many reputable indigenous and multinational companies. I have the honour of mentoring students from Uni and poly in my career. It's all based on individual. I graduated from both at HND and Bsc level

Current trend in the nigerian labour market indicates that both Bsc and HND graduates needs to upgrade their knowledge/skill set after certain time in their careers.

If the family of the woman did not see any future in him, he should walk away, trust in God, work hard and keep improving. He will meet a better woman. Never neglect the days of little beginning.

6 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2020
Actually, it's because you are poor.

You'll understand this bete when the mother accepts person wey no even go school atall.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by igbowoman: 11:18pm On May 02, 2020
If I had listened to my aunt, I wouldn't have married the man I married .
She asked me to wait for suitors with cars but I married one without a car and without family wealth thank God my parents didnt object.
Today my parents are being very well taken care of.
A man that looks like he has nothing today can be something tomorrow.
My post is mainly for the young unmarried girls reading.Dont only look at a man for who he is today ,look ahead .If he has the drive to succeed and you stand by him he will make it .

10 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.

We both met in 2015 during our NYSC at River State. We serve in the same PPA. She is good, lovely and caring. And to crown it all she is beautiful. I mean so beautiful.

It all started with friendship which later led to relationship. We share so many things together during our time in River State as per what the future holds.

After our NYSC, we both went back to our various base. She is based in Lagos while I reside in Osun. Immediate I finished my NYSC, I got a job with a private organisation as a factory supervisor. But she went further for her Masters in Covenant University, Otta. Despite the distance we still communicate from time to time and at times I do find time to check on her in Otta, while she also do check on me in Osogbo.

Last year December she came to Osogbo as usual to check on me but fortunately she met my parents and my siblings at my place. They all love and accept her. When she was leaving the next day she told me that her parents told her that they want to meet her fiancé.

12th January, 2020 I travelled down to Lagos to meet her parents. When getting there I met her parents with her only sister. Her dad ask of my parents, state, my qualification and what I do for a living. I told him and immediately he stood up and told me he will never allow his daughter to marry an HND holder.

He said he can't send his daughter to a university & end up marry an HND holder. Never!!! Though my gal is not in support of that, even ever since that time till now she's not her self in that house.
I truly love her and I know she truly love me too. But her parents is the major concern.
Should I call it quit?

hustle till Yuu no longer need to be introduced.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by jaxxy(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2020
pasol4real:

What do u mean by he is too relaxed, or is it now a competition ? So because she has an msc the guy should kill himself to get one too right?. What if the guy becomes very successful tomorrow n employs her with her masters degree in his company, what would you then say?
N for your info the fact that she has an msc does not necessarily mean she would be more educated than the guy.
Education is way beyond paper certificates.

Oga there is smtn called perception. U can tell when sm1 is hungry and relaxed. It's my oberservation and pls don't give me that's nollywood storyline. When u see prospect u know, when u see fake u know and when u see relaxed u know.

Like i said the father might be ridiculous bt its left for the guy to prove him wrong. Presently hes not saying much, not even plans or did u hear him mention such?

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by pasol4real(m): 11:21pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

God bless you.

They did NYSC together she went for Masters and you are still saying tomorrow which tomorrow again....
This mentality you displayed here would ruin you if you don’t change. From this your comment I can deduce you are one of those girls after flashy things n sparks.
Your type will rather sacrifice their future for immediate gratifications.
My point? Always look out for potentials n not the immediate sparks.

5 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Alaganature(m): 11:21pm On May 02, 2020
gaius01:

Some parents sef Na Ogun go locate them, leave him to marry her Na, but Sir you caught your coat beyond your size, a girl with MSc, you must admit she has class, and her parents will be ready to see some one above thier daughter. Well I will advice, if her dad really meant what he said tell her it her dad that is making you leave her
As for me I can't and will never marry a lady above me, in school, I can't kawai

Boss getting married to a lady who's far above you in academy aspect doesn't change the fact that she didn't love you bro. it's all depends on you as a man to hustle hard and make more money by then she self go admit say no be school be the solution..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by igbowoman: 11:22pm On May 02, 2020
landmark86:
I graduated from Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.

Should I call it quit?

Everything is dependent on the girl.If she loves you and believes in you she has the ability to convince her parents that you are the one.
If she succumbs to the parents please let her go
If her parents dont give their consent please dont marry her either you need their blessings.
I wish you well.If eventually she leaves know that it wasn't meant to be.
God will give you yours.
All the best

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Ochogbe(m): 11:23pm On May 02, 2020
Go for your Masters degree.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by jaxxy(m): 11:24pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

They started dating in 2015.... 5 years ago. Who will give him the opportunity ? The girls father? Should help him get a job in a big organisation? Poster come and be selling real estate Landwey etc ..... hustle!!!!

Lol i didn't say her father bt there is nothing wrong with that if he can. There are many promising guys out there bt its just lack of opportunities. That's my point.

If a guy genuinely loves ur daughter and has prospects there's nothing wrong with fixing him up.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Okuda(m): 11:24pm On May 02, 2020
Ningen:
Are you implying he rather gives his blessings to a poor and jobless degree holder than to a rich and successful school dropout?

You are totally naive to believe it's all about your educational background, its your Bank Account!

Your options —

1. She can find her voice and convince her dad that you are success and marriage material.

2. You can go back to school for a degree. grin

3. Elope together without his blessing.

4. Get rich quick, google 'Robbin Banks' for tips.

5. Quit and move on. ( Preferred option!!)

anybody that cannot the decipher the position of that father, would never be able to understand life easily apparently, baba don spend close to 5m+ train him pikin for school and one person wey no reach to give am return on him investment wan come de bé. We all know how hnd holders are treated in Nigeria and i am not sorry to say most of them are set of folks who just pass through higher ed but higher ed did not pass through them, they go in and come out same way or worse...you would always see a set of folks who speak only their local dialect from morning till night even in lecture halls, then when its time to speak good english and express themselves properly you begin to ask what school exactly did this one go to. Like I said before, i am not sorry to say... but i understand the fathers point of view.

5 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by babayaro7: 11:25pm On May 02, 2020
silento:
Wetin happen to ur dick give her belle and relax they will call u to sort out things

grin grin grin
I'm telling you
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by sketcherJ(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2020
Vortex369:
Silly, go back to school and come out swinging with a PhD.

It is the Universe telling you to upgrade. How else will you improve on yourself if not for the love of a beautiful pusssy.
lol hi
Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by fraymite: 11:25pm On May 02, 2020
Even if you say you hold Bachelor degree from unilag, the man will still say same thing since you are not financially up to their status.

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by baralatie(m): 11:26pm On May 02, 2020
igbowoman:
If I had listened to my aunt, I wouldn't have married the man I married .
She asked me to wait for suitors with cars but I married one without a car and without family wealth thank God my parents didnt object.
Today my parents are being very well taken care of.
A man that looks like he has nothing today can be something tomorrow.
My post is mainly for the young unmarried girls reading.Dont only look at a man for who he is today ,look ahead .If he has the drive to succeed and you stand by him he will make it .
Did you graduate from Babcock or Canaanland University?

4 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
it's all because the OP is financially unstable!

if the same lady should present bill gates ( a college dropout) as his prospective groom, her father will change stance!

hustle op hustle !

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Kingarthur21: 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
yungz:
he's looking for a suitor that will worth the money he spent on his girl's head and op you are certainly not the person.

At op assume say na range or benz you pull up with for in house the man no go fit talk that rubbish wey in tell you.

Seems like the man has measured you already and it happens to b u came with only leggedis benz cheesy na why in throw you format.

Op i will advise you to hustle hard, make money and visit the man again, i'm sure this time around he will accept you as his son-inlaw before you even propose marriage.
exactly...I am not supporting the father but after hustling to send your daughter for masters in the most prestigious private university in Nigeria and securing a great job for her will you allow her bring a factory supervisor with HND?

I like being realistic. Most guys will advice girls to choose men they will not want for their own daughter .

Imagine as a father,after all your sweat and sacrifices to train and mould a girl into success she brings a pauper like shibaraba home as a fiance,will you agree??

While I believe love and her choice should come first,the father's effort and plight should be understood

7 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by igbowoman: 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
baralatie:

Did you graduate from Babcock or Canaanland University?

No

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by Okuda(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
pasol4real:

What do u mean by he is too relaxed, or is it now a competition ? So because she has an msc the guy should kill himself to get one too right?. What if the guy becomes very successful tomorrow n employs her with her masters degree in his company, what would you then say?
N for your info the fact that she has an msc does not necessarily mean she would be more educated than the guy.
Education is way beyond paper certificates.

Bsc degree holders pass HND by miles. il compare a secondary school dropout to HND students... when you see their products you would know.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate by openmine(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2020
Ybaby:

Is he financially able to pay Chrisland fees ?

Is he prepared for the man's grand child to attend Babcock too or is the new baby going to Ere poly too?

5 years of dating and he did not try to get at par with her.
No pity party abeg.
You are going too far with these futuristic questions of yours!
The OP never said he was rejected because he doesn't have a good job(most private companies pay very well) or he wasn't financially stable....he was rejected by the lady's dad,according to him,because of his 'POLY CERTIFICATE'! SIMPLE!
This is why i advised you to go back and peruse his post instead of adding what isn't even there!
Are you very sure you read his post or you just responded to the title?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Sex Addict Who Had Sex With 100 Men (Photos) / My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / 16-Year-Old Boy Impregnates 33-Year-Old Girlfriend - Twitter Users Claim(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.