Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

With 5M, What Are My Options? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With 5M, What Are My Options? (353 Views)

Strike: We Will Explore Other Options If ASUU Remains Adamant - Ngige / Career Options After BAMS - Benefits & BAMS Scope In Future / Options To Study Master’s In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With 5M, What Are My Options? by slimderek(m): 11:58pm On May 01, 2020
Hello,

Over the past few years, I’ve been able to come up with a reasonable sum to further my education.
My current dilemma is this, I’ve been offered admission in both a Canadian school(University of New Brunswick) and a Belgian School(Thomas More University)

Tm University offered me a degree in computer science In English for three years and NB University offered me an arts degree for 4 years(They said I do not qualify for a science degree).

With the current Nigerian scenario what do I do?
Is there any other recommendations I could take?
I just need to get back to school.

Thanks
Re: With 5M, What Are My Options? by slimderek(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2020
Also did get Software Engineering at Fontys Netherlands, but their tuition is really high, I could cover it for the first year but do not know how the 2nd and third year might turn out.
Do I gamble it and just go first?
Re: With 5M, What Are My Options? by ikh777: 12:02am On May 02, 2020
slimderek:
Hello,

Over the past few years, I’ve been able to come up with a reasonable sum to further my education.
My current dilemma is this, I’ve been offered admission in both a Canadian school(University of New Brunswick) and a Belgian School(Thomas More University)

Tm University offered me a degree in computer science In English for three years and NB University offered me an arts degree for 4 years(They said I do not qualify for a science degree).

Thanks

I do not think anyone can advice you simply for the OBVIOUS reason that WE DO NOT KNOW YOU AT ALL!!

You came here for advice on the path of destiny that is before you BUT NO ONE CAN CHOOSE THAT FOR YOU, It is solely your choice.

ADVICE IS WHAT PEOPLE ASK FOR WHEN THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WANNA DO

You want to go back to school then SIMPLY GO.... but to ask us for what you should be doing is school is very very much your choice not ours.... It is a person we know that we can even GUESS what he could be good at based on his habits, traits and skills
Re: With 5M, What Are My Options? by slimderek(m): 12:04am On May 02, 2020
ikh777:

I do not think anyone can advice you simply for the OBVIOUS reason that WE DO NOT KNOW YOU AT ALL!!

You came here for advice on the path of destiny that is before you BUT NO ONE CAN CHOOSE THAT FOR YOU, It is solely your choice.

ADVICE IS WHAT PEOPLE ASK FOR WHEN THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WANNA DO

You want to go back to school then SIMPLY GO.... but to ask us for what you should be doing is school is very very much your choice not ours.... It is a person we know that we can even GUESS what he could be good at based on his habits, traits and skills
I’m currently at crossroads and would like to hear from anyone with experience on this issue.
Re: With 5M, What Are My Options? by tripplephi: 12:12am On May 02, 2020
slimderek:
Hello,

Thanks

I studied computer science but honestly with youtube i could have learned everything I learned in school and used the money for business.

Well, am done with that now... many are loosing their jobs worldwide thanks to COVID-19... I wish I had that opportunity now, I would go into business and school from home.

but hey, like the guy above me said, you are not me and I aint you... it is your choice to make. I already made mine and look at where the world is. Inventors and Business owners will always have a better chance of surviving recession than employees. I found my purpose in life early and that was why I chose computer science, I only made the mistake of going about it the wrong way.

FIND YOUR OWN PURPOSE IN LIFE AND THAT IS WHAT WILL DETERMINE YOUR CHOICE BRO.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

British Council: IELTS Indicator Test / Why Is It Important To Have Salesforce Online Training? / Private School Teachers It's Time To Speak Up Or Die Of Starvation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.