Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Your Best And Worst RPG Games? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Your Best And Worst RPG Games? (6883 Views)

[android] List Of Offline RPG With [size], Please Suggest Good RPG-RTS / The Best Mobile HD RPG Game(pictures Included) / Rare Games Swap And Rpg And Action Adventure Games Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2007
Many of us have encountered RPGs in one form or another, such as final fantasy, dragon quest etc.

We've also played action adventure games that are not really RPGs, such as Zelda, castlevania, and so on.

What are your favourite RPGs? and which ones do you despise the most?

The RPG game that gave me the best time of my life was Final fantasy 6 on the super nintendo, also known as final fantasy 3 in some places. The music was sooooo atmospheric, and the story was almost a word-for-word copy of a novel I was writing at the time, but never finished. It was as if the game designers read my mind! Since the heroine of the novel was based on a girl I knew in real life, I felt a real connection with Terra, the main character.

The RPG i hate the most, well, there are many horrible RPGs out there. In fact, in the RPG world, there's more bad than good. There are so many contenders for worst RPG ever, but honestly none has been so unbelievable worthless and useless as , jesus christ I forget the name. Once crappy gameboy game. Dragon sword or something. Kai, when I remember the name I will update my post,

Other notables:

Best pure RPG with no story :final fantasy 1

Most time wasted on a useless labor of love: Breath of fire 2

First runner up for top RPG: Chrono trigger

Most dissapointing: Phantasy star 2

Most mind-numbingly hard:Breath of Fire

Most ' i don't understand the hype': Final fantasy 7

Valium RPGs (put me to sleep whenever I play): Final fantasy 10, final fantasy 12

Most satisfying combat: Secret of Mana

Most Wicked smiles on face while playing: Jade Empire

Most postponed (I swear I will start playing it soon): Star wars knights of the Old republic

Second most postponed (I am sure I will never play this one): Secret of Mana 2

Most sought after(I searched for and chased this game frantically for 7 years but it eluded my grasp. Now I have it and have gottten bored after the first disc.): Final fantasy 9
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Azanor(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2007
i disagree with u concerning final fantasy 7, the game is tight. it is my best rpg game of all time, next is diablo 2. as for those i despise, 1st on that list is breath of fire, the one on ps1, never bothered with the number, second is legend of the dragoon. its tight at the begining but gets monotonous at the middle onwards.

by the way where can i download FF6, the two i downloaded were in foreign languages(french and chinese)
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by echowords(m): 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
My best rpg game has to be final fantasy 8. the worst would be harry porter and the prisoner of askaban (did i get the spelling).
I have come across some good rpgs Like (can't remember).
well i just sold my 360 for a PS2 (I pity the poor soul who bought it, by the time it would finish all his expensive disk)
just bought ff12 hopefully i wouldn't be disappointed.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2007
@echowords

try to enjoy ff12- it has been called best rpg of 2006 bla bla bla. Personally, it puts me to sleep, but thats because Im always so tired when i get back from work. I'd rather do BATTLE with gof of war.

Pity u sold your 360. Ps2 graphics look like crap when you go back, you know,

@Azanor

To get ff6, you should look for a SNES rom site and download final fantasy THREE. dont bother asking why, just do it! remember, FF3 on SNES is FF6. Do NOT get FF3 on NES. If you go for FF6 what you are getting is a patched japanese ROM, and since the game was released in english officially, they never patched it to english, onlyother european languages.

FF7- well, it may be good, but all Im saying is that the hype was just too much. I cant appreciate it now, because it apparenmly does not age as well as the SNES games- ps1 graphics look like crap but SNES graphics are nice and cute.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Gamine(f): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2007
im soo tired of going thru this
Darkie did u reli have to bring this up?

Final Fantasy rules, 7 & 12 especially, wink
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2007
Hmm. well the idea was to add a few new threads to the dead gaming section.

Since so few people have responded, perhaps the section really *is* dead.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Azanor(m): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2007
thanks for the info, i knew i recognized the french version of FF6 i downloaded from somewhere. currently playing FF3 now. i heard somewhere that there was a 3D version of FF6 somewhere, how trrue is that info?
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2007
There is a 3d version of FF3 for NES, not FF3 for SNES which is actually FF6

to avoid confusion:

JAP originals:

ff1 - (ff1 eng NES)
ff2- (never translated)
ff3 - (never translated)
ff4 - (ff2 eng SNES)
ff5-(never translated)
ff6-(ff3 eng SNES)
ff7 ps1
ff8 ps1
ff9 ps1
ff10 ps2
ff11 online
ff12 ps2

what the above shows u is that the game YOU love and want to play is

ff6JAP-ff3ENG-SNES

and the game that has become a 3d game now is

FF3JAP-never translated

Hope thats clear.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by gbadex1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2007
best RPG - none
worst RPG - all cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol, aight don't crucify me! Just couldn't help it. . . cheesy
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by echowords(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2007
God !! my eyes are red. I've been playing FF12 overnight. Hardcore men.
Heard FF13 would be a Ps3 exclusive angry Though the FF Maker wants it to come to 360.
wonder if i have to buy a ps3 now ??
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2007
How do u survive?

I start feeling sleepy as soon as I start playing

That game sends me to sleep and i only have time for games in the dead of night.

I really really want to play but I always end up sleeping especially with the main character moving around so slowly and the fighting so sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I wish I could fast-forward to where the party is like 4 characters strong so i have a challenge to keep me awake.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Azanor(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2007
has anybody heard of hellgate: london? its supossed to be coming out later this year, a 3d rpg game based on some apocalyptic happenings and related stuff. it's not turn based and it has 3rd person and 1st person views. also has modern stuff like machine guns and the likes. i think it would be tight
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by echowords(m): 5:39am On Jul 12, 2007
Doesn't sound promising. There is this game i am looking for, AN rpg, you fight along with demons you defected and recruited
you can mix them up to form new demons with new powers and skill. Mikami some thing. don't know but sounds cool.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Gamine(f): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2007
i dont like RPGs that are in modern times, using guns and tanks
i love swords, magic,

Fire, Fira, Firaga
Thunder, thundara, thundaga, lol

And all those great forces that cld be summoned,

TIte!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by dakmanzero(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2007
@echowords

is that shin megami tensei?

@Azanor

Hellgate london looks promising, but the PC required will be able to fly a space shuttle to mars.

I'm more interested in these upcoming rpgs:

Fable 2- the hero never dies! But if you lose a fight and refuse to bribe the enemy, you'll be scarred till the end of the game! Great idea!

Mass Effect- you can direct the conversations in real time by selecting your characters emotions, and the whole story is affected by your actions, good or evil! Having played and enjoyed jade empire, i am really excited for this one!

I'm not so interested in lost oddysey and final fantasy 13. Final fantasy 12 bored me to sleep repeatedly, so i feel Jap rpgs may be losing it for me.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by echowords(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2007
shin megami tensei yeah thats it. grin you're informed and hey take your time with ff12, its really good.
don't miss this.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Sweepy: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2009
I just found this place outa nowhere looking for FF3 (FF6 for some) materail and I found this place.

@Darkmanzero
At the time you posted this stuff FF2 had been translated into english and released in a twin package for the PS1 along with a rerelease of FF1.
FF3 was being/had been translated into english and released onto the DS
FF5 was transalted into english and released into a tri-package for the PS1 along with rereleases of FF4 (FF2 for SNES) and FF6 (FF3 for SNES)
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Gamine(f): 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2009
i gotta say Kingdom Hearts

rpg hell, but my sis loves it

kittys heaven is mousie hell, i guess
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by ndividual: 11:10am On Jan 15, 2009
echowords:

God !! my eyes are red.  I've been playing FF12 overnight. Hardcore men.

That's FF12 for you. I played the game like 6hrs before i met the final boss. My God, I was in gaming heaven. But he wasn't a pushover at all. Some hours later, I beat him. Still think of it every now and then. Now that's an RPG!

FF12 & 7 Deserve oscars!!

or, and FYI, FF13 is on all next gen consoles (360, PS3, etc).

The worst RPG i ever played - Blade Dancer - Lineage of Light (PSP). playing the game was like drinking very bad milk and smoking a cigar with your nose. Unforgivable!! angry
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Azanor(m): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
i still say it again, breath of fire is one of the most annoying RPG games ever. after playing BOF 3 on psp for about a week and getting stuck every day, i succumbed and went to get a walkthrough only to read through and find out that i hadnt even played up to a third of the games story. it is so frustrating and unforgivingly hard(or maybe i'm not just good enough). on the other hand on the other hand FF7 Crisis Core was like a dream, sweet gameplay, impressive graphics, nice cutscenes and massive relay value. i recommend it any day

plus Square is Releasing Dissidia: Final Fantasy this year, a fighting game containing characters from all the released final fantasy games. talk about FF fanboy heaven
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Cesarsama: 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2009
I hail everyone who says FF 12 is great - una know beta thing
But my all time best is Diablo II : Lord of Destruction; U need to play it to understand!
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by Azanor(m): 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2009
i totally agree with you. that is an awesome game, as old as it is, it still gets my attention. and diablo III is coming out this year. cant wait, i'm going to the future to download it.
Re: Your Best And Worst RPG Games? by vgstores: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2022
Yakuza Kiwami 2 for Sony PlayStation 4

The new RPG game is set in Japanese community.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a remake of Yakuza 2, and is an action-adventure game set in an open world environment and played from a third-person perspective. Combat is based on that previously seen in Yakuza 6. A new “Majima Saga” story scenario features recurring series anti-hero Goro Majima as a playable character.

Read the story
Story
“Kazuma Kiryu thought his Tojo Clan days were behind him. He and his young ward, Haruka Sawamura, have built a peaceful life from the ashes of conflict. All it took was a single gunshot to shatter that peace. Yukio Terada, the fifth chairman of the Tojo Clan, has been assassinated. With war on the horizon, the legendary Dragon of Dojima is pulled back into the world he wanted to leave behind.”

With the Tojo Clan weakened from the events of 2005 and on the brink of war with the Omi Alliance, Kiryu himself journeys to Kansai to broker peace. But in Sotenbori, the Dragon of Kansai, Ryuji Goda, sees an opportunity: Destroy the Tojo Clan, destroy Kiryu, and become the one true dragon.

As a power struggle begins between east and west, a tragedy buried for over 20 years boils to the surface, shaking the very foundation of both organizations.

What fate awaits Kazuma Kiryu? What dark truths will be illuminated? And when two dragons have clashed, and the ashes settle over Kamurocho, who will be left standing?

An All New Scenario Featuring Goro Majima

Take control of Majima, the Mad Dog of Shimano, and discover the events that occurred between the end of Yakuza and the beginning of Yakuza 2.

February 2006 –

Two months after the events of Yakuza Kiwami … Inheriting an organisation that is all but broken, Fifth Chairman Yukio Terada enacts a bold plan to bring the clan back into economic stability: The Tojo Clan Reformation Project.

Its core tenant – Promote those who contribute the most, sideline those who fail to perform. And with a vacancy in the clan captain’s position, the stakes are high. The highest contributor stands to inherit a seat of power within the organisation.

Despite opposition from the Tojo Clan’s longest standing members, Terada pushes forward to enact the policy. With all signs pointing to Akinobu Uematsu of the newly formed Uematsu Family as the next clan captain, Goro Majima does what Goro Majima does and sows the seeds of discord.

It is perhaps no coincidence then that the Majima Family office is attacked by men suspected to be Uematsu Family members. Owing them an answer, Majima bursts into the Uematsu Family office alone … And what he finds there was the last thing he expected.

It is available in Nigeria call 08180294784 or visit https://www.vgstores.ng/product/yakuza-kiwami-2-ps4/

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Gaming Channel / Which Is The Best Grand Theft Auto You've Ever Played? / Hopeless Land : Fight For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.