Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case (57680 Views)

Video Of Susan Okpe Leaving Isolation Centre After 54 Days / Susan Okpe Turns Preacher In Isolation Centre After 43 Days / COVID-19: I Am Not Positive - Susan Idoko-Okpe, Benue Index Case Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by alizma: 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
Nitah1:
Look at you,u supposed to be isolated and quarantine for lack of sense @nd stupidity.
The woman said she is isolated and locked away with no one telling her what her crime is and you are her trying hard to assassinate her character,are you pne of those that have abandoned her?
She said she have not taken any drug since after 39 days,why is she still alive and strong as seen in the vedeo?
Why don't you waite for gvt to debunk her claims and show us that care to know her status?
Are you now Liar Mhd?
Why insult her here as if you have personal issue with her?
You called her old attention seeker,was she the one that ask authority to arrest her?
Is your mother not old?
As old as you are,you allowed politics to occupy your sense of thinking and reasoning which led sense to elude you.
This is how you people join the train without knowledge of where the train is coming from or it destination. Have you listened to her previous audio tape? If you read my post with understanding, you had noticed that I took my points mainly from her earlier audio outburst.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by mvem(m): 4:57pm On May 02, 2020
Nitah1:
But she said they have not given her any drug.
toh!...you don't need to recover with a drug for those that have mild symptoms ...the drugs given usually are to help with your symptoms or alleviate them, that's like fasten recovery... I haven't followed her case though
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by zedman1(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2020
philkoms:

The woman has been like dis from day.The name was announced because of her lack of cooperation for contact tracing.Ortom was left with no option than to announced the name to public so that people who have contact with can come forward and be isolated to safe the larger society.
Yeah, so I got to learn. We are sort of saying the same thing bro. The woman's drama is too much.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by alizma: 5:02pm On May 02, 2020
creepsyme:
If she is truly positive as they claim, then what about the people she came in contact with in Benue state, why only her?
Lol, her people ran away at the sight of her and called the authorities to come and pick her for isolation
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by MoIbrahim: 5:07pm On May 02, 2020
Bilabong:
They should allow her go na 39 days no symptoms.

Have you heard that not all infected would show symptoms, but all infected a capable of transmitting? Have you heard?
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=blowjohn post

So why are there anti viral drugs?[/quote]

There are antiviral drugs for specifically for a few viruses like HIV, HBV, HCV, Lassa fever, etc, but a lot of other viruses do not have any specific antiviral drug.
And there's none yet specifically meant for covid 19.
Remdesivir, which is being considered now in the US, was previously meant for Ebola, but it failed.
It's difficult to develop effective drugs against viruses.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:17pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:
Covid19 is SCAM

You are indeed mad....See your psychiatrist
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:18pm On May 02, 2020
This woman is mad already.... She needs a psychiatrist
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Web2020: 5:21pm On May 02, 2020
Wait a minute! Is it how they force people to this Covid 19 in Nigeria. No wonder why everything about Covic19 in Nigeria is just audio.

Scam ooooooooooooooooo
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by nsiba: 5:23pm On May 02, 2020
bamidelee:

Let covid visit you na

Goat de visit lion?
Make my special agbo catch am first
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Web2020: 5:25pm On May 02, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Have you heard that not all infected would show symptoms, but all infected a capable of transmitting? Have you heard?
These are all logic
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by nsiba: 5:25pm On May 02, 2020
mvem:
I have a close relative that is in isolation center now after testing positive. This is not hear say, you can come and interact with them in the isolation center let's see if its scam

Covid19 in Nigeria is scam
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by nsiba: 5:27pm On May 02, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

You are indeed mad....See your psychiatrist

You r infinitely mad
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by nsiba: 5:28pm On May 02, 2020
farem:

To irredeemable idiot like you!

Better than Imbec-ile like you
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by nsiba: 5:33pm On May 02, 2020
WaffenSS:

Hope you catch it

He took to his heels when he saw my special herbal tincture badder than that of Madagascar
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ModestGal(f): 5:36pm On May 02, 2020
back2sender:

Naa evening newspaper she be.
If you see the route the lady took to enter Nigeria by all means from London (London - Kenyan - Kigali - Abuja) you will be suspicious of her because, at that time in London Corona virus was already hitting London badly and this was the time she left for Nigeria. When asked she said she want to come and see her mother. Lame excuses from an olosho
Na her type they cause epidemic, I don't pity anyone that brought the disease from abroad because they are the reason innocent Nigerians that do not have international passports and don't know the way to airport or embassy in places like Kano to die
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by mvem(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:

don't be ignorant
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ModestGal(f): 5:50pm On May 02, 2020
babajero:
Are you sure you understand what you wrote,? The woman said she is not sick nor have any symptoms, she doesn't need your treatment or isolation, she just wants to go home, or is isolation period no longer 14 days, or is it because the scam will be exposed?
Do you know the difference between isolation and quarantining? Isolation is for 14days before testing, after testing it is till you test positive

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by BennyDon: 5:51pm On May 02, 2020
I feel your pain, Madam. Your offence is you belong to a wrong people whose names are sorry #smh
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by mvem(m): 5:55pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:

the positive person is a doctor and suspected he had it when his 2 colleagues were confirmed and he had some few symptoms with the notable one being loss of smell or anosmia....he was tested soon after and came back positive...this is first hand info and I do video call him from the isolation center...don't be ignorant
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by blowjohn(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=ChybuzzDD post=89108629][/quote]

Well even Atikus son was treated with antiviral sha.
Maybe they dint want to treat her with it
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by babajero(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2020
ModestGal:

Do you know the difference between isolation and quarantining? Isolation is for 14days before testing, after testing it is till you test positive
So can you test positive for more than one month without any symptom.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by WaffenSS(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:

He took to his heels when he saw my special herbal tincture badder than that of Madagascar

People who lies to themselves often fall victim to their own lies
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2020
blowjohn:

Well even Atikus son was treated with antiviral sha.
Maybe they dint want to treat her with it

What do you refer to as 'antiviral'??
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by ModestGal(f): 6:13pm On May 02, 2020
babajero:
So can you test positive for more than one month without any symptom.
Yes, its like you don't follow the news. There was a lady that infected all her family member but had no symptoms. When they did not know where all of them got it and didn't go anywhere, they decided to test the lady, and she tested positive. She carried the virus for 90days without any symptoms till she was healed. That is why the virus is dangerous
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by blowjohn(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

What do you refer to as 'antiviral'??

Lol u already mentioned some.
What am saying is that application of antiviral is basically to get rid of the virus. Its different from symptomatic management of a patient where u take care of let's say, cough, diarrhoea, fever etc.
U can take care of the cough, fever etc and the virus will still be there perhaps due to its incubation period or type of strain. But antiviral helps to try and get rid of the virus.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Shugargal(f): 6:32pm On May 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I haven't heard/read any news concerning him for some time now.
But I'm sure he's still alive, otherwise, we would have seen a 'breaking news' about him, just like we did about Oga Abba Kyari. Sickness can be hidden, but death can't.
OK bro thank you.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by babajero(m): 6:37pm On May 02, 2020
alizma:

How many day has Atiku's son spent in isolation, do you know that many people in isolation center that are positive but not showing symptoms which is one of the reasons why some people think that it is all scam?
Throughout the time atiku's son stayed there he showed symptom even before going there, Please what are the ways to know a positive person?
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by babajero(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2020
Acidosis:

Atiku's son tested positive for around the same period. Nasir El Rufai was in isolation for over 2 weeks without symptoms. Nigeria's index case showed no symptom and was in isolation for about a month.

The best thing is to keep her under a supervised isolation for as long as she remains positive. Symptoms or no symptoms, she should remain under isolation until she tests negative twice in a row. That's the standard practice.

So how do they determine she is positive, if there are no symptoms.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by AududuNine11: 6:44pm On May 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

If she has no symptoms, she doesn't need any drug.
And not having symptoms doesn't mean she's free from the virus.
The state has every power under the public health emergency Act to keep her until she tests negative, so as to protect others.
Tongue wagging cannot change that.
She can still transmit the virus even without showing any symptoms.
Well written. So many Nigerians are just so ignorant, and all they know how to do is to wail over everything instead of seeking information to be well informed.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by linearity: 7:03pm On May 02, 2020
alizma:
She should remain there until that her stupidity wash off her brain. I listened to her previous audio and I must commend the health minister, NCDC, and Benue state government for the attention they gave her.
A test was carried out which shows she was positive but she referred to the test as kangaroo test, the banue state government took her all the way from the state capotal to Abuja in an ambulance with a team of health workers. the minister gave her one on one audience despite his tight schedule and when she demanded for a copy of the test, it was made available to her, yet she didn't want to listen, all she wants is to be freed into the society. Two different doctors approached her for treatment, she turned them down claiming she doesn't have any symptom of COVID-19. Now she is talking about being abandoned and not given treatment. If she feels because she returned from outside the country that everyone should dance to her tune, she is joking.
She is just an old attention seeking woman. Why calling on idoma people, are they doctors? She should be calling on WHO to conduct a test on her rather than disturbing the peace of her people in the village

She is not showing any symptoms, what exactly are they giving her treatment for? I listened to the same video, she is not asking for any treatment, even at this time.

COVID-19 does not have any cure, any treatment been administer today is to suppress the symptoms thereby giving the body the chance to fight the disease on it’s own.

Even if she tested positive initially, normally she should have been let go after 14 days isolation, treatment or no treatment. It appear she is been punished, because she turned down their treatment.

I have never heard where someone is locked down for 39 days and counting for COVID-19.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by FullBlastLight: 7:08pm On May 02, 2020
Nitah1:
Look at you,u supposed to be isolated and quarantine for lack of sense @nd stupidity.
The woman said she is isolated and locked away with no one telling her what her crime is and you are her trying hard to assassinate her character,are you pne of those that have abandoned her?
She said she have not taken any drug since after 39 days,why is she still alive and strong as seen in the vedeo?
Why don't you waite for gvt to debunk her claims and show us that care to know her status?
Are you now Liar Mhd?
Why insult her here as if you have personal issue with her?
You called her old attention seeker,was she the one that ask authority to arrest her?
Is your mother not old?
As old as you are,you allowed politics to occupy your sense of thinking and reasoning which led sense to elude you.

U're jst an outstanding one I hv seen here commenting on dis issue whose reasoning ability & assertiveness hv not been sadly disengaged by sentiments, prejudice & politics!

Had it been d woman conceded 2 them 4 their ''treatment'' they wld hv freed her by now & told d world dt she has been treated & discharged, meanwhile she didn't even hv d disease in d 1st place!

Dis is d politics they've nationally been playing in dis country, daily rolling out fictitious figures of confirmed & discharged cases!

Well played, biko!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Goes Crazy After Her NYSC (Photo) / Doctors & Health Workers Salary Structure Explained / COVID-19: 242 New Cases Reported, 124 Discharges And 10 Deaths On May 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.