Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,340 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Love: The Most Essential Gift Of The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love: The Most Essential Gift Of The Spirit (277 Views)

Re: How I Love The ‘evil’ Of Prophet T.B JOSHUA / Fastest Way To Receive The Gift Of Sound Prophecy, Dreaming, Vision, Healing Etc / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love: The Most Essential Gift Of The Spirit by kpakpandoN(m): 6:59am On May 02, 2020
The Bible describes love as the sum of all the commandments of God.
1st Corinthians 13:1-2 says:
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels…And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing.”

The Bible clearly presents the importance of love and how children of God should rate it as a virtue. God compared some rare spiritual gifts to love and made it obvious that without it (love), the other gifts are inconsequential. This simply means that love is the golden scale by which whatever gifts we exhibit and whatever services we offer to God are weighed. The big question is: In what sense does love fulfil the totality of the law? The answer is embedded in Romans 13:10 which says “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

Therefore, if the love of God is in your heart, you will fulfil the law without grumbling but rather with joy. That is why Paul reduced the commandments to only one: “Love is the fulfilling of the law.” As I have often counselled my children, love can insulate you against the pains, discouragement, and difficulties associated with any given task. Jacob served a total of fourteen years for Rachel and they seemed unto him but a few days, because of the love he had for her (Genesis 29:20). Furthermore, obedience is a natural fruit of love.

You will never want to disobey or rebel against the authority of someone you truly love. Love makes obedience to God very easy.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Composed This Special Song For Haters, Watch The Live Video / CONTACTING MOD'S FOR RELIGIOUS SECTION ON NAIRALAND. / Miracle Money...share your experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.