Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:43 PM

Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees (57206 Views)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by Farmerrules: 5:55pm On May 02, 2020
nurez305:
You owe nobody any reason to disengage your workers

By the time you lost your job, you will understand whether somebody whole you explanation or not. Wicked minded person
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by Onlyonebuhari: 6:37pm On May 02, 2020
The hero of the Igbos.
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2020
Damage control, 2023 in mind, for your information Atiku will never come.
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by enemyofprogress: 7:05pm On May 02, 2020
States and federal government too go soon do their own
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by hardbody: 8:26pm On May 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Actually, you do... There is something called Labour Laws, or employees' or workers' rights!!!

You don't just wake up and disengage your staff for no lawful or legal reasons...

Funny you. You actually could. If the employee believes it is not properly done, let them sue. However note that there is no law that can force a willing employee on an unwilling employer. At best they can get paid damages and even at that, it will only happen if the legal department of the employer is not strong or the HR function did not carry them along.

Simple. if you need to sack anyone just say, your services are no longer required. Provide no reason or explanation. There is no law against that language, tested and proven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by hardbody: 8:29pm On May 02, 2020
Omoejigbahe:
Damage control, 2023 in mind, for your information Atiku will never come.

Business is run for profit. It is not about Atiku or anyone else. If there is no reason to keep paying outgoings including salaries and wages, then disengage and close the branch. There is no business called charity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by paix(m): 8:36pm On May 02, 2020
Zchi1052:
restructuring exercise for this kind harsh weather
Make some people de fear God nah
Of all other times u no restructure na now
The rich have no conscious
Conscience

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by sulaak(m): 8:44pm On May 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The effects of this coronaVirus will be more damning than the virus itself

Hard times are coming and like always , it's the poor that will suffer most

Yet whoever has God has everything

Put your trusts in God in this trying times

Only in Nigeria is the end is near, in the real world, this crisis is an opportunity. New opportunities in technology, biotechnology, agriculture supply chain and media communication.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by benjijosh(m): 2:07am On May 03, 2020
nurez305:
You owe nobody any reason to disengage your workers

The workers don't have their own families to feed?? You're making it sound like they bought their workers.

You shouldn't have said this.
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by budaatum: 6:12am On May 03, 2020
Drizzy5001:
He doesn't owe anybody any explanations for sacking his employees, ......
No he doesn't. He, nor Access Bank.
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by budaatum: 6:23am On May 03, 2020
hardbody:

Funny you. You actually could. If the employee believes it is not properly done, let them sue. However note that there is no law that can force a willing employee on an unwilling employer. At best they can get paid damages and even at that, it will only happen if the legal department of the employer is not strong or the HR function did not carry them along.

Simple. if you need to sack anyone just say, your services are no longer required. Provide no reason or explanation. There is no law against that language, tested and proven.
I do think there is a bit more of a process than this. After all, if the contract you gave me did say "no reason or explanation", I might have taken my expertise to your competitor. And we are many seeking damages. And it's these sort of cases that have formed our labour law, which currently is not generous enough since its missing:

⬛ One month for every year of service over five years.

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by ddeola: 7:24am On May 03, 2020
Abi he don use companymoney run election likeSaraki wey use Societe Generale Bank Nigeria (SGBN) money take run election for Kwara?

Yet, someone will tell me he should have been the next president. person wey no fit manage him staff, se na em go fit manage Nigeria wey get complex issues. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by StivoeDevoe: 7:57am On May 03, 2020
I really pity this wicked Muslim North Fulani
Imagine an apresidentia ambition

That is how he would have reduced ministers if he was voted in as president
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by StivoeDevoe: 7:58am On May 03, 2020
I really pity this wicked Muslim North Fulani
Imagine an apresidentia ambition

That is how he would have reduced ministers if he was voted in as president shocked
Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by hardbody: 1:06pm On May 03, 2020
budaatum:

I do think there is a bit more of a process than this. After all, if the contract you gave me did say "no reason or explanation", I might have taken my expertise to your competitor. And we are many seeking damages. And it's these sort of cases that have formed our labour law, which currently is not generous enough since its missing:

⬛ One month for every year of service over five years.

I will only pay you what is due to you in lieu of notice. There are a plethora of cases around that principle sir.

So yes paying a month for every year of service doesn't preclude me from serving you that letter communicating my intention. It also does not mandate me to keep you in my employment against my will. My point is, an employer reserves a right to untie that bond subject to paying minimal amounts as may be agreed either in the terms of employment or as may be foisted by the labour laws but nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by budaatum: 2:14pm On May 03, 2020
hardbody:

I will only pay you what is due to you in lieu of notice. There are a plethora of cases around that principle sir.

So yes paying a month for every year of service doesn't preclude me from serving you that letter communicating my intention. It also does not mandate me to keep you in my employment against my will. My point is, an employer reserves a right to untie that bond subject to paying minimal amounts as may be agreed either in the terms of employment or as may be foisted by the labour laws but nothing more.
You do indeed have the right to termimate my employment when I am no more of use to you.

Please give me notice, as you would expect me to when I terminate my service to you, or pay me in lieu.

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by hardbody: 9:57pm On May 03, 2020
budaatum:

You do indeed have the right to termimate my employment when I am no more of use to you.

Please give me notice, as you would expect me to when I terminate my service to you, or pay me in lieu.

Deal. That's what the whole convo has always been about. Notice or payment in lieu thereof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Gotel Communications: Why We Sacked Employees by coldzobo: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Country wea people wea don rule from 1960 till date b billionaire after office with different funny names like 'Daisy group of company' ' Coldzobo conglomerate' etc. Una doh oo
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aniema Violet Enahoro: Female Pilot Who Is Married To A Pilot / Creative Carpenter Adds Artificial Leg For Him To Strike Nails (Photos) / Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.