Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion (2168 Views)

Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion / For How Long Shall We Be Deceived By Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 02, 2020
dazzlingd:

Can u be more specific on how faith made all these things work? Or should I just take your claim by faith and accept it

Thank you for the opportunity given to explain how FAITH truly works Sir! smiley

Everything you mentioned up there began gradually by the experiment of one person (researcher) who after working out a perceived THEORY decided to make a PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what he got, it's after all his efforts and collaboration with likeminded researchers who puts their ideas together "IN FAITH" that you as an end user began enjoying the BENEFIT of FAITH in ACTION!

All what you mentioned up there started with the idea of one single person who put "FAITH" as in BELIEVE in what he discovered, before it becomes what many hands join in the

PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of his
THEORIES and now you are enjoying the
BENEFITS! undecided

So before the aeroplane was made, the maker never saw an aeroplane before in his entire life, never heard of it and never thought it's going to become a reality until he began working on his finding "WITH FAITH"!

No wonder a first century scholar wrote

FAITH is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities even when it's yet seen! Hebrew 11:1

So delete what those Pastors taught you, it's all lies because there is no FAITH when you can't see it's WORKS! James 2:18-26

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by dazzlingd(m): 8:04pm On May 02, 2020
southniyikaye:
to your own intelligence not mine bro.
You see, my plan was to go to either ogun state, Lagos state or Kano state to restart my business.,but through prayers, I was led to another state and today, the state is one of the safest now.
Where I was suppose to go to in Lagos is where that explosion happened and we know what's going on in Kano right now.
You might not believe in what I believed in but the God I believed in has proven himself to me times without number

So the people that died in the explosion dont pray to god, god does not love them hence deserve to die?

Many people are in the hospitals today, they were once people in church who were giving Thanksgiving to god for keeping them safe the previous years while others were in the hospital.
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by dazzlingd(m): 8:09pm On May 02, 2020
Maximus69:

Thank you for the opportunity given to explain how FAITH truly works Sir! smiley

Everything you mentioned up there began gradually by the experiment of one person (researcher) who after working out a perceived THEORY decided to make a PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what he got, it's after all his efforts and collaboration with likeminded researchers who puts their ideas together "IN FAITH" that you as an end user began enjoying the BENEFIT of FAITH in ACTION!

All what you mentioned up there started with the idea of one single person who put "FAITH" as in BELIEVE in what he discovered, before it becomes what many hands join in the

PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of his
THEORIES and now you are enjoying the
BENEFITS! undecided

So before the aeroplane was made, the maker never saw an aeroplane before in his entire life, never heard of it and never thought it's going to become a reality until he began working on his finding "WITH FAITH"!

No wonder a first century scholar wrote

FAITH is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities even when it's yet seen! Hebrew 11:1

So delete what those Pastors taught you, it's all lies because there is no FAITH when you can't see it's WORKS! James 2:18-26

Thanks! smiley

If that's what u meant by faith, then that "faith" in your usage is totally independent of religion.
It had nothing to do with the religion they practiced. They simply put their brain to use, empirical and rational thinking, solution mindedness to solving a problem

An atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, muslim, christian etc will plant a seed and by applying the basic law of nature using favourable environmental conditions, rich soil, sunlight will harvest what they sowed
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
dazzlingd:

If that's what u meant by faith, then that "faith" in your usage is totally independent of religion.
It had nothing to do with the religion they practiced. They simply put their brain to use, empirical and rational thinking, solution mindedness to solving a problem

An atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, muslim, christian etc will plant a seed and by applying the basic law of nature using favourable environmental conditions, rich soil, sunlight will harvest what they sowed

Exactly Sir!

That's why i said FAITH totally differs from RELIGION! smiley
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 02, 2020
dazzlingd:

He's only deceiving himself. The Christian faith was founded on lies and deceit, just like all the other religions.

That's the usage of "faith" that really applies to religious folks like him.

2 Likes

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 02, 2020
gensteejay:

He's only deceiving himself. The Christian faith was founded on lies and deceit, just like all the other religions.

That's the usage of "faith" that really applies to religious folks like him.

The only difference between dazzlingd and i is the concept of God!

Both of us agreed that for anything to work for our good, we need to act upon what we know!
God is not lazy so he doesn't work with lazy people! John 5:17

See the examples of FAITHFUL people in ancient times, and what God saw in them! wink

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Nobody: 8:13am On May 03, 2020
Each time i listen to atheists expressing their views what i see is pride, egotism, racism, greed and self-esteem.

What the human race needs now is unity and not nepotism!

We are the world~ Michael Jackson

We all belong to the human race!

So whether it's a blackman, yellow, red or white skinned that first discover anything, what we all need to do is work together as a global family and learn how we can all make the best use of the new discovery to benefit mankind in general!

This racist thought of saying the white are improving while the blacks are lacking behind makes no practical sense!

What we need is UNITY and FAITH, the consequences of racism will still catch up with us if we don't erase racism in our brains. If each race is to focus on it's own achievement without taking seriously the matter of global PEACE, we will end up making more destructive devices than vaccines, more enemies than friends and we will ever continue to divide rather than unite!

It's a welcome development if we all agree to continue working together as a family, but eulogizing a particular race or giving them the credit for their achievement in advanced technology will never end well for the entire human race! smiley
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by PervertProphet: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

You just registered your account last year, so your ignorance is understandable. cheesy

Hahahaha!!!

The ignorant bastard always going about acting like he is some scholar with a certified repute.

grin
"Nairaland Scholar"
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by Professorcplus(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2021
dazzlingd:

Oh oh. Truth be told I avoid discussing/arguing about religion but I'll let this pass. But let me share you a small secret.

"Religion in Nigeria is like a wrestling match, most audience and officials know it's scripted but they don't talk about it."

Some religious leaders know about this but, they protect it and guild it because that is what gives them power and fame with wealth especially in Nigeria setting of seed sowing.

Just like the wrestling, only spectator, officials and wrestler benefits from the proceeds just in case of pastors, minister and other affiliated people involved.

Now, the audience that pay to watch show is what you should be concerned about. They are the blinded followers who lose their money on bet, shout with energy and at the end, go back worn out.

Just don't get carried away. If you aren't gaining from it pls don't be like a blinded follower. It's up to you.

Op congratulations now you know that you're once just an audience with nothing to gain.

Some people just go for they enjoyed the show/church program.

Funny, you can't save someone that's isn't ready to be saved.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by HappyPagan: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2021
dazzlingd:
Thank you nairaland, thank you seun osewa, thank you sonoflucifer, otematum, Johnnydon, hopefulandlord, hann, u guys are the mvp

You are welcome.. hahn and hopefullandlord still dey?

Hang don blow?
Landlord don get house?

1 Like

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by hopefulLandlord: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
HappyPagan:

Hang don blow?
Landlord don get house?

I'm forever hopeful. I still dey although most of the old members we use to interact and/or argue with are no longer active on the site and those that are still active are more interested in other sections
Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by hahn(m): 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
HappyPagan:

Hang don blow?
Landlord don get house?

Me wey owu don hold for kidney cry

I'm done arguing religion. I'm still thinking of how to make money from the niche tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Old Nairaland Posts When I Was Still Delusioned By Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2021
Everyone has a story to tell in life regarding the things going on in their minds, the beliefs, the doubts, the conviction, the questions and many more.
So this is your own story, others also have theirs to tell! smiley

dazzlingd:

Still on a journey, so far so good, I can say that religious books are filled with baseless stories that fail any test of scrutiny, however, there's no evidence yet that theres no God, but religions is definitely not an answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is JESUS Lord Over Sabbath? / Ex-communicated For Fornication: Proper Means Of Correction? / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.