Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,585 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities (13484 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx1739: 10:12am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by DropsMic(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2020
Thanks OP. I don't like how many of you say churches of nowadays don't preach salvation. We know many churches fail on this but you can't generalise. There is a reason am a catholic and will forever be.

And not only Catholics but many other churches stress on true repentance. The problem of prosperity of gospel is mostly found among mordern churches.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Samuellawale(m): 10:13am On May 03, 2020
Akhagbenidestin:
am a sinner

God has called us unto repentance

He has not come to condemn the sinner but to save them... By faith we are saved

Repent and accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior

It is well with your soul.. ��
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx9323: 10:16am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Olarewaju89: 10:25am On May 03, 2020
Sheriman:
People no even rush here to comment

The word of God is for everyone but the kingdom of God is not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx4636: 10:26am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx8370: 10:30am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 4701358[/color]
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by adeife16(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:
Truly, followers of Jesus are not exactly perfect and can't be perfect on earth like Jesus till His second coming; however, we have been called to Repent of KNOWN SINS and PRESS UNTO PERFECTION in Jesus.

It's about time we stopped believing that doing good: going to church regularly (as a member/worker/pastor, etc), paying tithes and offerings, helping people or being nice, planting churches and other good works are signs of being born-again or saved. We can't possibly bribe our way into God's kingdom by doing Good Works which are as good as Filthy Rags in God's sight.

Jesus said A Person must be Born Again to enter God's kingdom.

Now, to be born again means to TURN AWAY FROM SINS AND WORLDLINESS (starting from conscious areas, then later to unconscious areas of sins: from the known to the unknown sins). Hebrew chap. 6, Roman chap 7 & 8

Unfortunately, most Evangelists, Pastors, and Churches in general only end up making "Branded Church-Members," NOT necessarily Converted members (disciples), but people of like-minded that would faithfully pay their FIRST FRUITS, TITHES AND OFFERINGS, ETC. That prompts the question on whether they themselves are saved or NOT: the chances are that they ARE NOT, OR ONCE WERE, BUT NOW "FALLEN AWAY".

Are you truly SAVED?

Are you judging yourself; Repenting and PRESSING ONTO PERFECTION?

OR you're still a victim of Money seeking: Corrupt and Greedy Preachers?

It's TIME to Repent of Empty Church Religion that does not lead to HOLINESS (obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

1 John 2:6 NLT
Those who say they live in God should LIVE their lives as Jesus DID.

Luke 5:32 KJV
I came not to CALL the righteous, but Sinners to Repentance.

Hebrews 6:1 KJV
... let us GO on unto PERFECTION; ...

Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall SEE the Lord:

John 5:14 NLT
14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and TOLD him, “Now you are WELL; SO STOP SINNING, or something even WORSE may happen to you.”

Matthew 24:24 NLT
24 For FALSE messiahs and FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and PERFORM GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS so as to Deceive, if possible, EVEN God’s Chosen Ones.

May Jesus Bless You.
I have a question
is wearing jewelries considered a sin
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx3367: 10:35am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 4956958[/color]
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx3367: 10:35am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Offpoint: 10:40am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx7406: 10:41am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 4524109[/color]
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx4785: 10:49am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kingpele(m): 10:51am On May 03, 2020
God bless you my brother last Sunday one guy came here with corrupt version of born again and like minds were praising him, Jesus said not every one who call me lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my father. Now we know God is holy and what could be his will for his creatures if not for them to be holy...set your mind on holy living with the grace of God all your weaknesses and limitations shall fade away

2 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Hisincrease: 10:51am On May 03, 2020
adeife16:

I have a question
is wearing jewelry considered a sin
Using jewelry is not a sin.
Use it modestly and look beautiful. God approves of it. However, ensure it does replace God in your life and that you can live without it.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by afecgivers: 10:56am On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:
Truly, followers of Jesus are not exactly perfect and can't be perfect on earth like Jesus till His second coming; however, we have been called to Repent of KNOWN SINS and PRESS UNTO PERFECTION in Jesus.

It's about time we stopped believing that doing good: going to church regularly (as a member/worker/pastor, etc), paying tithes and offerings, helping people or being nice, planting churches and other good works are signs of being born-again or saved. We can't possibly bribe our way into God's kingdom by doing Good Works which are as good as Filthy Rags in God's sight.

Now, to be born again means to TURN AWAY FROM SINS AND WORLDLINESS (starting from conscious areas, then later to unconscious areas of sins: from the known to the unknown sins). Hebrew chap. 6, Roman chap 7 & 8

Unfortunately, most Evangelists, Pastors, and Churches in general only end up making "Branded Church-Members," NOT necessarily Converted members (disciples), but people of like-minded that would faithfully pay their FIRST FRUITS, TITHES AND OFFERINGS, ETC. That prompts the question on whether they themselves are saved or NOT: the chances are that they ARE NOT, OR ONCE WERE, BUT NOW "FALLEN AWAY".

Are you truly SAVED?

It's TIME to Repent of Empty Church Religion that does not lead to HOLINESS (obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall SEE the Lord:

14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and TOLD him, “Now you are WELL; SO STOP SINNING, or something even WORSE may happen to you.”

24 For FALSE messiahs and FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and PERFORM GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS so as to Deceive, if possible, EVEN God’s Chosen Ones.

May Jesus Bless You.

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities:

Your heading is confusing!
What is attitute? What is activities?
It is only the word of God that can reshape the character of a man, because the heart of a man is desperately wicked. Attitude is your method of reaction to issues.
Once the word of God has shaped your character it will affect your attitude or reaction to issues.

What do you mean when you said " NOT ACTIVITIES"
A true Christian life is backed by activities!
a. The bible said go into the world preach, baptise them in the name of the father, the son and holy spirit. (Activity)
b. Love your neighbor like yourself (Activity)
c. Practice righteousness (Activity)
d. Do not forsake the gathering of brothers (Activities)
e. Keep doing this in remembrance of me (Activities)
f. Pray incessantly (Activities)
Just an obsavation. What do I know.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by iita: 10:59am On May 03, 2020
[quote author=xreal post=89129478]Sure it's ones attitude to sin that brings salvation/condemnation.

Going to church and attending all church activities/services don't count.

Churches these days don't preach salvation any longer, they preach prosperity and reserve the front seats for those who have successfully acquired the material things of this earth.

Churches rather use tithes to buy, fuel and maintain private jets, some even use the jets to launder money and smuggle weapons of mass destruction across the earth.

The church is in us (the individual).
Gather your immediate family, read the bible, praise and pray to God together - that is the congregation.

Ask God for forgiveness, no other creature can ask for forgiveness on your behalf. That is salvation.

Can you, as child of God, set a standard that is missing, which you have highlighted, to change the narrative. Remember, you are change agent. Act and you will see the reward of God.

God bless you!
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by solreb: 11:04am On May 03, 2020
bliz123:
This my generation is funny.
If you want to preach please go ahead, pointing fingers in whatever direction is not healthy because in all fairness everyone had their race and judgement to receive differently. Remember judgement will be as each person's work is.

Also I need to add that all the good works you mentioned above are good provided the reason behind them is a good one. You cannot be saved by not loving the things of God. You can't love anything by not visiting or giving.

We focus so much on the few fakes that the bible already said will come instead of trying to wrk harder so the world will see our good works. Remember anything fake destroys the credibility of the original.

Happy Sunday

I agree with you. It is wrong for the OP to condemn good works and attending churches. Jesus summarized the whole commandments. Love God whole-heartedly and love your neighbour as yourselves. In loving God you must obey his commandments on giving and tithing and doing good works so that the world will notice those and give glory to God. Definitely the bible is clear about how one can gain salvation so I don't think so issues should not arise about that. Now a new believer will need the church to strengthen his faith. So he needs to attend church service, learn from others, and challenge himself in certain areas as he grows his new found faith. Doing all those things in Paragraph 2: doing good, going to church regularly, paying tithe, helping people etc are signs of being born again (The bible charged us to them). Those things in themselves will not make you to be born again (you earn salvation by grace through faith in Jesus).

3 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Speak plainly. To be born again, all you have to do is believe in Jesus and accept Him as your Savior.

infini771:
By your faith in Christ you are either justified or condemned. Romans 10:9 ... that if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Salvation is that easy. You don't have to pay, cos Jesus paid it all on the cross.
SMGGroup:
Love one another, that's all God wants. Proclaiming Born Again doesn't change anything. Being humane is everything!

Achorise:
please tell them oo.
babadee1:

Your faith in Jesus Christ determines your salvation. Nothing else.
[q
playapayaski:
I rather have MORALITY AND HUMANITY than what's up there.. Ever wonder why d world is so evil, how someone can commit so much evil and immediately beg for forgiveness, immediately rub someone/exploit and go pay tithe and still pray for forgiveness..
Y'all should start preaching humanity, love and morality before heaven pls..

What WE DO HERE MATTERS A LOT, SO MUCH FOCUS UP THERE WE LOSE OURSELVES DOWN HERE WITH THE DECEITFUL FACT THAT " GRACE WILL ABIDE N FORGIVENESS ".. FVCK THAT, DO GOOD AND SEE EVERYONE AS YOUR FAMILY.
MY OWN OPINION
infini771:
By your faith in Christ you are either justified or condemned. Romans 10:9 ... that if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Salvation is that easy. You don't have to pay, cos Jesus paid it all on the cross.

Right, but NOT complete: less than half-truth = MISLEADING MESSAGE

Also, Faith without works is DEAD (faith).

James 2:17 KJV
Even so Faith, if it hath not works, is DEAD, being alone.

James 2:26 KJV
For as the Body without the Spirit is Dead, so Faith without works is DEAD also.

***We've got to be balanced in Jesus.

***GRACE + FAITH = HOLINESS/SALVATION/PERFECTION

*What God does is to Forgive, if we Repent, though = GRACE

*What I/We must do is to Humble ourselves, and use God's Grace to overcome Sins/Worldliness = FAITH

John 14:15
15 “IF you love me (Jesus), OBEY my commandments.

Philippians 2:12 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always OBEYED, not as in my presence only, BUT NOW much more in my absence, work out YOUR OWN SALVATION with Fear and Trembling.

***Feel free to see my post titled "The Failed Gospel".

May Jesus Give US Light.

2 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by apexx4841: 11:09am On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by paul100(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2020
adeife16:

I have a question
is wearing jewelries considered a sin
No,only religious folks that say such thing.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by uvmoses(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:

Are you truly SAVED?

May Jesus Bless You.

Adam's sin

Adam's sin was not external, not what he ate, it was internal, thoughts that produced words, words that rejected the Gospel. Titus 1:2.

Remember that Moses wasn't born when Adam was existing. So he received the event by visions, because of His state he couldn't properly express what happened then he used figures of speech like trees, tree of life, to represent the Gospel of Christ and The tree is Good and evil to represent sin.

So Adam eating the tree of good and evil means adam rejected the Gospel, the tree of life which is Christ. Hence Adam's sin was UNBELIEF, Adam was separated from God, this separation is called sin.( unbelief) this sin, unbelief is also known as death.

So the mother which is sin/unbelief made man to begin to kill, steal, fornicate, commit adulterers, because in man there's no good in the man outside Christ no matter how moral he is.

So this bad actions are called deeds, acts or sins not sin but sins with an 's'

So remember that the reward Adam got when he rejected the Gospel was separation, which is sin which is death.

So it means when Jesus died he took away the reward of unbelief which is that separation, death, sin without 's'

In other words Jesus died for you sin, separation which is death to reunite us with God forever but He didn't die to make you stop lying, stealing sins with an 's' which is actions, but as you grow in the knowledge of Christ you are empowered.

So Jesus came and took away that separation by reconciling us in His death ,burial and Resurrection

But because we are still mortal in this fragile body, waiting till the full revelation of our glorious body the putting away of this mortality to wear immortality a completely perfect body where there's no sin as in actions again, there is the tendency for man to make mistakes in this mortal body.

So the man who receives Jesus's sacrifice is saved from Sin which is unbelief which is death which is separation.

But however because he is still mortal, he will do sins the sin with an 's' meaning actions, he might lie, steal, fornicate, beat someone, but as he grows spiritually he will gradually put all that away.

Whether completely or not before we remove mortality he might make mistakes but he is different from the man who is still in Sin/unbelief.

The man in unbelief/sin will still commit sins too but if he rejects Christ he will go to hell

But the man who receives Christ is saved from sin/unbelief/death but will still do sins actions but he will never go to hell.

So sins can never take a man to hell only unbelief can take a man to hell.

It is first the nature before the conduct.

Further Reading.

Matthew 5:10 Jesus asked all the people to come together near him. ‘Listen to me’, he said, ‘so that you can understand my words.

11 God will not say to a person, “I will not accept you because you ate a certain food.” It is not the food that a person eats. Food does not cause God to say, “I cannot accept you.” Instead, what comes out of his mouth is important. This can cause God to say, “I will not accept you.” ’

12 Jesus’ *disciples went near to him and they said, ‘The *Pharisees heard what you said to them. They are not happy with what you said. Do you know that?’

13 Jesus replied to his *disciples, ‘Those *Pharisees are like plants that God, my Father in *heaven, did not put in the *soil. He will pull all these plants out of the *soil.

14 Do not be *anxious about them. They cannot see, but they are telling people which way to go. A man who cannot see does not show another man like himself where to go. If he does this, then both men will fall into a deep hole in the road.’

15 Peter said to Jesus, ‘Explain to us what you just said.’

16 ‘You still cannot understand what I am saying. You are like the *Pharisees and the teachers of the *Law’, replied Jesus.

17 ‘The food that a person eats first goes into his mouth. Then it goes into his stomach, and then it goes out of his body.

18 The words that a person speaks come from their thoughts. So what a person says can cause God to say to him, “I will not accept you.”

19 A person can think bad thoughts. These thoughts may cause him to kill somebody. Or they may cause him to have sex with another man’s wife. He might rob somebody. He might say things that are not true about someone. Or he might say bad things about somebody.’ note

20 ‘All these bad things cause God to say to a person, “I cannot accept you.” But perhaps a man does not wash his hands before he eats. This does not cause God to say, “I will not accept you.” ’

Titus 1
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; note

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Achorise: 11:21am On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

please tell them oo.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2020
solreb:

I agree with you. It is wrong for the OP to condemn good works and attending churches. Jesus summarized the whole commandments. Love God whole-heartedly and love your neighbour as yourselves. In loving God you must obey his commandments on giving and tithing and doing good works so that the world will notice those and give glory to God Also a new believer will need the church to strengthen his faith and learn from others, and challenge himself in certain areas he is deficient.-iron sharpens iron. Even Jesus was always I the temple to teach

You seemed to have misunderstood something: please get the Spirit of the message.

Peace with you.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by adeife16(m): 11:30am On May 03, 2020
paul100:
No,only religious folks that say such thing.
But 1 Timothy chap 2 vs 9
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Notateflonguy(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:

Are you truly SAVED?

May Jesus Bless You.

Well said....may God help us all as we strive to be perfect....truth be said it's not so easy
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kingpele(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

StJames an apostle of Christ who followed Jesus even before Paul knew christ said and I quote in James 2:7 faith without works is dead, please read James 2:14-26, just as a body with out the spirit is dead so is faith without works, change from gangsters church to Bible believing church, Abraham show his faith in God by offering his own son nearly killed him cos God told him so, obedience to Gods command is our prove of our faith in God

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by tallfish145(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2020
The only way to Salvation is to obey the law of God and live a life of good deeds. Do not deceive yourself by believing someone had died for your sins. Every man will be judged according to his deeds on earth

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Stereoo(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Good morning my christian brothers and sisters. Please I need answers to the following questions.
my questions would be taken from the book of Genesis.

Genesis. 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life".

Questions:
1. Snake feed on rodents and not dust. Why?
2. Earthworm go on belly. Why? Because earthworm never offended God.
3. If it was Satan who passed through a snake to deceived Eve, why is snake punished to go on belly and eat dust instead of Satan?

Why don't you ask the righteous judge who did it himself. Just like asking why we are still inheriting the sins of Adam and Eve? Nobody, absolutely no one can answer such questions fairly. It's beyond logical thoughts and conclusions. The soonest you stop asking mere humans to solve ancient mysteries to you the lesser disappointed you'll be. Only an ageless (timeless) being (God) can answer you, so why not ask him if only you believe he still exists

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by xreal: 11:50am On May 03, 2020
iita:
Can you, as child of God, set a standard that is missing, which you have highlighted, to change the narrative. Remember, you are change agent. Act and you will see the reward of God.

God bless you!

God bless you too.

Romans 10:15, also
Romans 12:6

In addition, evangelism is what God needs for his word to he heard. And not all these structures competing with 5-star hotels and top world event centers with flags of all nations flying around it.
With sermons like "go out there and make money" coming out of their sound systems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / Pastor Keion Warns Nigerians To Stop Being Americanised / Benson Idahosa's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.