Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities (13504 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Mftivi: 2:06pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Your faith in Jesus Christ determines your salvation. Nothing else.
I was waiting for at least one person who knows this truth to say it. See as devil is robbing brethren of their true identity in christ by deceiving them. I suggest believers should read the Triumphant Church By Kenneth Hagin.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Thanks for this exposition. So tell me how do you work out your salvation?
By the way there's nothing mental about faith. Faith is not mental assent to anything. It is a real spiritual substance that God deposits in our hearts when we hear His word and we can either choose to accept it and let it do its work, or we can reject it and opt to try our own works. The choice is yours.

Acts 26:20

First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2020
afecgivers:

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities:

Your heading is confusing!
What is attitute? What is activities?
It is only the word of God that can reshape the character of a man, because the heart of a man is desperately wicked. Attitude is your method of reaction to issues.
Once the word of God has shaped your character it will affect your attitude or reaction to issues.

What do you mean when you said " NOT ACTIVITIES"
A true Christian life is backed by activities!
a. The bible said go into the world preach, baptise them in the name of the father, the son and holy spirit. (Activity)
b. Love your neighbor like yourself (Activity)
c. Practice righteousness (Activity)
d. Do not forsake the gathering of brothers (Activities)
e. Keep doing this in remembrance of me (Activities)
f. Pray incessantly (Activities)
Just an obsavation. What do I know.

Did you notice I mentioned Obedience to Jesus in general.

If you could reread a bit more patiently, you'd realize that I was majoring on Holiness FIRST (right "Attitude" to Sin); and MUST be backed up with WORKS ("Activities" of faith ): I wasn't one-sided.

Please, feel free to see my post titled "The Failed Gospel".

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Acts 26:20

First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Ok. Does this scripture mean that they are saved by their deeds or not?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Ok. Does this scripture mean that they are saved by their deeds or not?

Sir,

You are not yet fully saved.

Christians on earth are in the process of salvation.

This is why there are scriptures like:

...he that endureth to the end will be saved...

..he that keepeth my works to the end...

...he that overcomes will I grant access to the tree of life..

..hold fast to your crown so that no man may take it...

Also the parable of the talents...the one given the least did not multiply it or invest it and he was cut off from the kingdom.

Many will say unto me..Lord Lord, .......but they will be denied because they did not do the will of the Father.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Danniedpastor(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2020
SMGGroup:
Love one another, that's all God wants. Proclaiming Born Again doesn't change anything. Being humane is everything!

Being humane is good.
But, being humane is not enough to qualify you for heaven.

Being born again is the best.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 2:31pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Sir,

You are not yet fully saved.

Christians on earth are in the process of salvation.

This is why there are scriptures like:

...he that endureth to the end will be saved...

..he that keepeth my works to the end...

...he that overcomes will I grant access to the tree of life..

..hold fast to your crown so that no man may take it...

Also the parable of the talents...the one given the least did not multiply it or invest it and he was cut off from the kingdom.

Many will say unto me..Lord Lord, .......but they will be denied because they did not do the will of the Father.

Sir, you have not yet answered my question. Are they saved by their deeds or not?
Before you answer you may want to read Romans chapter 7, especially verse 18. Apostle Paul said, I know there is nothing good in me (in my flesh), because I want to do good but I find that I cannot. Oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. That's an Apostle of Christ talking, how much more you and me. The more you try to do good the more you will fail. You can bank on it.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Danniedpastor(m): 2:35pm On May 03, 2020
Rheminix:
Yes absolutely! I believe , a revival that will sweep across countries of the world is coming, to reposition the church and to lead so many people who are unsaved to CHRIST, in preparation for the Coming of our Lord Jesus christ. It is hightime we stop deceiving our selves as as to elude God's judgement..

Sir
the revival has started already.
This season is a serious time in God's calendar.
Nobody should play.... The move of God in this season is massive.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Danniedpastor(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2020
BabaD94:
Don't be surprised most of our spiritual daddies and Papas are already elders in hell

That's why,we are asked to 'test all spirits'.
May you not be a victim of false prophets
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Legendguru: 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
Yes
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Sir you have not yet answered my question. Are they saved by their deeds or not?
Before you answer you may want to read Romans chapter 7, especially verse 18. Apostle Paul said, I know there is nothing good in me (in my flesh), because I want to do good but I find that I cannot. Oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. That's an Apostle of Christ talking, how much more you and me. The more you try to do good the more you will fail. You can bank on it.

You keep misapplying the scriptures.

Firstly, the saints are saved to do good works. If you don't do good works, you are just like the tree Jesus spoke about that is taking up the ground and wasting it. And you will be removed and burned in the fire.

Secondly, your flesh dwells no good thing. But it doesn't end there.

This is why "works" were taught to be done in the Spirit.

Jesus said abide in me for without me you can do nothing.

The bible also speaks of walking in the flesh and walking in the Spirit. We should walk in the Spirit so that we will not fulfill the works of the flesh.

Paul said I labored more abundantly yet not I, but the grace of God in me.

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace who enables us performs the works that are pleasing to the Father.

Jesus said the Father is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and truth...not in the flesh.

2 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Firstly, the saints are saved to do good works. If you don't do good works, you are just like the tree Jesus spoke about that is taking up the ground and wasting it. And you will be removed and burned in the fire.

The bible also speaks of walking in the flesh and walking in the Spirit. We should walk in the Spirit so that we will not fulfill the works of the flesh.

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace who enables us performs the works that are pleasing to the Father.

Jesus said the Father is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and truth...not in the flesh.

I'm not misapplying the scriptures. You are only seeing what you want to see in my statements. And I noticed you still haven't answered my question. Are we saved by our deeds? Yes or no please. I say no, what do you say?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by afecgivers: 2:51pm On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:

Did you notice I mentioned Obedience to Jesus in general.

If you could reread a bit more patiently, you'd realize that I was majoring on Holiness FIRST (right "Attitude" to Sin); and MUST be backed up with WORKS ("Activities" of faith ): I wasn't one-sided.

Please, feel free to see my post titled "The Failed Gospel".

May Jesus Bless You.

Great! Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

I'm not misapplying the scriptures. You are only seeing what you want to see in my statements. And I noticed you still haven't answered my question. Are we saved by our deeds? Yes or no please. I say no, what do you say?

I have answered you question Mr Man.

Let me make it simple for you.

God is the one who gives people the faith to be saved.

People who are genuinely saved by God receive a new heart.

This heart craves after good works. And they study their bible to learn how to do these works.

They do these good works and show their appreciation for the grace of God in their lives and they keep this to the end and end up getting the salvation they hope for. They do not receive this grace in vain.

This is done by the Holy Spirit, who can not be given based on our good works. This is why Jesus paid the price, we believe in Him and we are transformed so the Holy Spirit can live in us. The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of the full salvation to come.

.....Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?....

But if you do not appreciate the gift, you will forfeit this salvation because you did not appreciate it in keeping with the good works assigned to you.

Therefore:

Salvation is as a result of Acknowledgement of what the Lord and Saviour has done, repentance and keeping good works done through His Spirit.

It is not I confess, then sit down and watch TV and then end up in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kimply: 3:07pm On May 03, 2020
May the Lord bless his words in our heart. Amen..
HAPPY SUNDAY GUYS.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Hisincrease: 3:14pm On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:

I wouldn't say YES or NO.

No one can be holy by merely NOT WEARING jewelry. Lots of people not wearing it are worse off, proud: looking down on others that do.

I personally don't consider it profitable, so I've stopped using it. Even wristwatches are no more needful for me cos there are mobile phones doing the same job perfectly.

Besides, I can't imagine Jesus or the Apostles getting taken up by jewelry: putting chains or bangles on about the street.

My opinion: I don't consider it abnormal for BABES IN CHRIST; however, a MATURE Christian won't consider it Profitable.

A Christian must seek to glorify Jesus not the flesh (modesty): we must beware of whatever draws attention or glorifies the flesh.

1 Corinthian 6:12 NLT
12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a SLAVE to anything.

Romans 13:14 KJV
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not PROVISION for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Acts 3:6 KJV
Then Peter said, SILVER AND GOLD HAVE I NONE; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Acts 20:33 KJV
I have coveted no man's SILVER, OR GOLD, OR APPAREL.

1 Peter 3:3 KJV
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of WEARING OF GOLD or of putting on of apparel;

3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.
1 Peter 3:3 NLT

Jesus requires modesty in all, not VAIN GLORY.

May Jesus Bless You.
Bros, Why exactly did you quote me if you did not support or have a contrary opinion to my assertion?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kingpele(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

My brother, if you believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and He died on the cross of Calvary for your sins and God raised him up on the third day, then you are already saved. Nothing more or less is needed. The Bible says all our righteousness are as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). And there is none who does what is righteous not even one (Romans 3:10). Stop trying to be holy and just believe in Jesus, everything else will flow from there.
my dear I can see that many has spoken the truth to u here but u are still doubting the truth and the power of God in his word the first thing Jesus Christ preached while on earth is taken from Matthew 4:17 turn away from your sins because the kingdom of God is at hand, is Paul greater than Christ himself, if your faith does not make you holy and strong in Gods love, you are only deceiving yourself, this is why Jesus said some will say in your name I prophecy, in your name I rise the dead and work miracles in your name but I will tell them depart from me all u workers of iniquities... He said also in Matt 18:8-10 if your hand or foot will led u to sin cut it off for it is better for u to enter life without your hand and foot then to have your whole body thrown into hell... Here Jesus is telling those who have real faith in him to avoid sin at all cost, heb 12 :4 for in your struggle against sin. U have not yet resist to the point of being killed, this and more verses in the Bible make it clear you have to see sin first as God sees it before u could be able to overcome the temptation of sin, the love for God opens one eyes to truth about sin and Gods own way, there is many pastors, evengalists, church elders and bishop that are in hell and some of them here is still who are on their way to hell cos of this your kind of mindset, faith is not immunity to continue in sin. But rather immunity to stop sinning..

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

I have answered you question Mr Man.

Let me make it simple for you.

God is the one who gives people the faith to be saved.

People who are genuinely saved by God receive a new heart.

This heart craves after good works. And they study their bible to learn how to do these works.

They do these good works and show their appreciation for the grace of God in their lives and they keep this to the end and end up getting the salvation they hope for. They do not receive this grace in vain.

This is done by the Holy Spirit, who can not be given based on our good works. This is why Jesus paid the price, we believe in Him and we are transformed so the Holy Spirit can live in us. The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of the full salvation to come.

.....Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?....

But if you do not appreciate the gift, you will forfeit this salvation because you did not appreciate it in keeping with the good works assigned to you.

Therefore:

Salvation is as a result of Acknowledgement of what the Lord and Saviour has done, repentance and keeping good works done through His Sprit.

It is not I confess, then sit down and watch TV and then end up in heaven.

So basically you're saying salvation is something we obtain as a result of the good works that we do in combination with our faith in Christ, not something that comes through faith in Christ alone. Is that what you're saying? Yes or no please.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

So basically you're saying salvation is something we obtain as a result of the good works that we do in combination with our faith in Christ, not something that comes through faith in Christ alone. Is that what you're saying? Yes or no please.

Now I see your problem.

You don't know what faith means.

Please define faith let us see your understanding first. Then I will know how to address you.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2020
Kingpele:
my dear I can see that many has spoken the truth to u here but u are still doubting the truth and the power of God in his word the first thing Jesus Christ preached while on earth is taken from Matthew 4:17 turn away from your sins because the kingdom of God is at hand, is Paul greater than Christ himself, if your faith does not make you holy and strong in Gods love, you are only deceiving yourself, this is why Jesus said some will say in your name I prophecy, in your name I rise the dead and work miracles in your name but I will tell them depart from me all u workers of iniquities... He said also in Matt 18:8-10 if your hand or foot will led u to sin cut it off for it is better for u to enter life without your hand and foot then to have your whole body thrown into hell... Here Jesus is telling those who have real faith in him to avoid sin at all cost, heb 12 :4 for in your struggle against sin. U have not yet resist to the point of being killed, this and more verses in the Bible make it clear you have to see sin first as God sees it before u could be able to overcome the temptation of sin, the love for God opens one eyes to truth about sin and Gods own way, there is many pastors, evengalists, church elders and bishop that are in hell and some of them here is still who are on their way to hell cos of this your kind of mindset, faith is not immunity to continue in sin. But rather immunity to stop sinning..

Please, I never said faith is immunity to continue in sin. There is nowhere in any of my comments where I said such a thing. What I am sharing with you is the good news in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When He died on the cross He said it is finished. He has done it all already. There is nothing left for us to do but just to believe in Him. That is the true Gospel.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

[b]Firstly, the saints are saved to do good works. [/b]If you don't do good works, you are just like the tree Jesus spoke about that is taking up the ground and wasting it. And you will be removed and burned in the fire.

@ bolded salvation comes before good works.
Which means good works is not what saves but only comes after salvation.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 3:40pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Now I see your problem.

Please define faith let us see your understanding first. Then I will know how to address you.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen.

I have already answered this your question even before you asked it.

Remember when I told you this:

"By the way there's nothing mental about faith. Faith is not mental assent to anything. It is a real spiritual substance that God deposits in our hearts when we hear His word and we can either choose to accept it and let it do its work, or we can reject it and opt to try our own works. The choice is yours."

That is faith in a nutshell.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2020
solite3:
@ bolded salvation comes before good works.
Which means good works is not what saves but only comes after salvation.

Go back and read my other comments.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen.

I have already answered this your question even before you asked it.

Remember when I told you this:

"By the way there's nothing mental about faith. Faith is not mental assent to anything. It is a real spiritual substance that God deposits in our hearts when we hear His word and we can either choose to accept it and let it do its work, or we can reject it and opt to try our own works. The choice is yours."

That is faith in a nutshell.

Oga..give us lay man definition. What do you understand by faith. How will you explain it to a child?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Now I see your problem.

you are wrong here good works does not save.
Faith in Christ means to trust/ depend on Christ and his work on the cross as the perfect and final requirement for our salvation anything else is another gospel.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2020
solite3:
you are wrong here good works does not save.
Faith in Christ means to trust/ depend on Christ and his work on the cross as the perfect and final requirement for our salvation anything else is another gospel.

Bros..i never said good works saves.

I said being saved breeds good works.

If you don't show good works and claim you are saved, your faith is dead and vain.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Oga..give us lay man definition. What do you understand by faith. How will you explain it to a child?

The simplest way I can describe faith is to explain it like a computer program. Faith is a program that is encoded in the word of God. When we hear the word of God then faith is downloaded into our hearts, but it needs our permission to run. Once we allow it, the program runs and automatically executes everything the programmer (God) has instructed it to do.
The key issue is that the work of faith is automatic and it is a gift of God, not something that we can ever obtain or earn.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by romi: 3:49pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=davidinchrist post=89111765]Truly, followers of Jesus are not exactly perfect and can't be perfect on earth like Jesus till His second coming; however, we have been called to Repent of KNOWN SINS and PRESS UNTO PERFECTION in Jesus.

It's about time we stopped believing that doing good: going to church regularly (as a member/worker/pastor, etc), paying tithes and offerings, helping people or being nice, planting churches and other good works are signs of being born-again or saved. We can't possibly bribe our way into God's kingdom by doing Good Works which are as good as Filthy Rags in God's sight.

Jesus said A Person must be Born Again to enter God's kingdom.

Now, to be born again means to TURN AWAY FROM SINS AND WORLDLINESS (starting from conscious areas, then later to unconscious areas of sins: from the known to the unknown sins). Hebrew chap. 6, Roman chap 7 & 8

Unfortunately, most Evangelists, Pastors, and Churches in general only end up making "Branded Church-Members," NOT necessarily Converted members (disciples), but people of like-minded that would faithfully pay their FIRST FRUITS, TITHES AND OFFERINGS, ETC. That prompts the question on whether they themselves are saved or NOT: the chances are that they ARE NOT, OR ONCE WERE, BUT NOW "FALLEN AWAY".

Are you truly SAVED?

Are you judging yourself; Repenting and PRESSING ONTO PERFECTION?

OR you're still a victim of Money seeking: Corrupt and Greedy Preachers?

It's TIME to Repent of Empty Church Religion that does not lead to HOLINESS (obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

1 John 2:6 NLT
Those who say they live in God should LIVE their lives as Jesus DID.

Luke 5:32 KJV
I came not to CALL the righteous, but Sinners to Repentance.

Hebrews 6:1 KJV
... let us GO on unto PERFECTION; ...

Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall SEE the Lord:

John 5:14 NLT
14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and TOLD him, “Now you are WELL; SO STOP SINNING, or something even WORSE may happen to you.”

Matthew 24:24 NLT
24 For FALSE messiahs and FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and PERFORM GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS so as to Deceive, if possible, EVEN God’s Chosen Ones.

May Jesus Bless You.

God's Mercy on me and my Family.
Let me also add that GOD alone Is the ULTIMATE and not one's Pastor as they are also human.
We shall not miss heaven in JESUS mighty name. Amen!
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

The simplest way I can describe faith is to explain it like a computer program. Faith is a program that is encoded in the word of God. When we hear the word of God then faith is downloaded into our hearts, but it needs our permission to run. Once we allow it, the program runs and automatically executes everything the programmer (God) has instructed it to do.
The key issue is that the work of faith is automatic and it is a gift of God, not something that we can ever work for or earn.

Then you don't know what faith is then.

Firstly I said faith was a gift of God in an early comment its not by works you get faith.

But when God gives you faith, it comes with the acts based on the faith.

The Hebrews 11 scripture you pointed out even shows this.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by success97: 3:53pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

Please, I never said faith is immunity to continue in sin. There is nowhere in any of my comments where I said such a thing. What I am sharing with you is the good news in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When He died on the cross He said it is finished. He has done it all already. There is nothing left for us to do but just to believe in Him. That is the true Gospel.

Babadee u have said it all.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 03, 2020
Kingpele:
faith is not the immunity to stop commiting sin.

Turning from sin does not earn you salvation.

Infact have you seeing any man who does not commit sin?
Anybody that tells you you have to turn away from sin to be saved is lying.

Rather the right gospel is to repent and turn to Jesus.
Repentance means changing your mind concerning sin and towards God.
Concerning sin in the sense that we have all sinned because we were born in sin.
Turn towards God that God's way is the best rather than our ways
Faith in Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus is totally sufficient for our sins and he is the eternal life given to us by the father.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by babadee1(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Then you don't know what faith is then.

Firstly I said faith was a gift of God in an early comment its not by works you get faith.

But when God gives you faith, it comes with the acts based on the faith.

The Hebrews 11 scripture you pointed out even shows this.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

My brother once again you're refusing to see what I am saying because you want to be right. I don't care about being right or wrong, but I know from the clear word of God that there is no effort in faith. The work of faith is automatic and human input is not required. All those works you are referring to are meaningless to God unless they're the result of faith. Human works of righteousness are like filthy rags to God. The only works that God recognizes are the works of faith which involves no human effort or human input.
Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. That is all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.