Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Do I Still Have Any Of These? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Still Have Any Of These? (868 Views)

Can I Still Get Admission As Full Time At Age 28 / can I still change course after writing p.utme UNIZIK / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Still Have Any Of These? by oboy81: 9:47pm On May 02, 2020
Edited - I realised that I still have some emotions and feelings that are not good. If I should thoroughly examine myself truthfully I still need to improve a lot even tho I sometimes like to think that I'm better than most people, maybe poverty is connected to these Feelings, no it definitely is connected to it, I must stop all of these to be a happier, cleaner, saner person.
1. Anger - is probably my biggest problem, it is the major part of the foundation of everything. I am angry at my lot in life, I am still angry at my late parents, I am angry and hate my neighbors, I am very angry that I am a Nigerian. I hate the fact that People generally seem not to care about the right thing. This Anger Is hot enough to vaporize a River. i have a strong mixture of hate and anger, anger being the dominant. Life is what it is and there is very little I will ever be able to do about things. Even tho most of my anger is Justifiable, I still must still try to improve.
2. Envy - My envy is not the typical common envy of material things. I envy people who have things like a family, are truly in love, a Home and some regular things like that and it gets me angry when they take it for granted, 'Anger' comes in here again. I have stopped browsing so many websites and places like Twitter for example, that place is very annoying. I need to let go and just take life and the good parts.
3. Insecurities - this is based on damaged upbringing but I've made a lot of improvements and I'm still improving.
4. Looking down on others - well I can't even explain it I hope I improve. Maybe cos I read a lot and most of the people I'm around are very ignorant people close and far.
5. Depression and excessive Sadness - this comes in Automitically as the above mentioned are present. My child hood was traumatic, I've not had a Fair chance at life, I am in heavy Debt, my health problems (physical and emotional) are also there. Hmmn.
I will cut off completely all those who have a trace of these Qualities which is = almost everyone.

Based on this situation, I have started studying the Bible again, the Bible has a level of internal harmony and comfort that I haven't seen or heard in any religious book. The story of Job for example is so real, simple, encouraging and comforting. It touches on the issue of Integrity, loyalty, obedience, Disappointments, Betrayal, understanding, faith, Hope, Endurance and much more.
The books of the "new testaments" or Greek scriptures teach one how to be a better person (or Christian), from the core inside out.

Look at the first part of the post yourself and ask yourself are there certain traits I should do away with? maybe some were not mentioned here. if you feel you should, Do So immediately! A mind that is not at war is a peaceful, happier mind. Happy weekend.

@CAPSLOCKED yes I would like to, like every normal person on Earth today, Improve my financial situation. Have financial Security and Freedom. That is what everyone deserves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by chatinent: 10:13pm On May 02, 2020
Cool bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by yuswrld20(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2020
hmmm
Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by budaatum: 1:16am On May 03, 2020
You remind me of

If by Rudyard Kipling - 1865-1936

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by budaatum: 1:24am On May 03, 2020
And here is a list of some "certain traits one might want to do away with":

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:19-26 King James Version

And don't forget. Free Bible!
Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:44am On May 03, 2020
BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOUR LIFE WILL GET BETTER WHEN YOU HAVE A HEALTHIER LOOKING BANK BALANCE.
Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by budaatum: 11:11am On May 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOUR LIFE WILL GET BETTER WHEN YOU HAVE A HEALTHIER LOOKING BANK BALANCE.
These are the words of a poor person who thinks wealth buys health.

If you had a healthier looking bank balance you'd know it has nothing to do with your health.
Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:39am On May 03, 2020
budaatum:

If you had a healthier looking bank balance you'd know it has nothing to do with your health.

ANGER, INSECURITY, ENVY..
THESE ARE CAUSED BY LACK OF HEALTH?
YOU'RE NOT MAKING SENSE MR. MAN. THE THREAD STARTER KNOWS I AM RIGHT AND HE NEEDS MONEY AND A CHANGE OF ENVIRONMENT.
WITH A GOOD SUM OF MONEY HE'LL AFFORD HEALTHCARE, AND STAY AWAY FROM HIS NEIGHBORS HE HAS OFTEN DESCRIBED AS NOISY AND EVIL.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by budaatum: 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE NOT MAKING SENSE MR. MAN.
No, mrs woman. Do not blame your inability to understand on others! It is unhealthy!

CAPSLOCKED:
ANGER, INSECURITY, ENVY..
THESE ARE CAUSED BY LACK OF HEALTH?
Yes caps. Anger, insecurity, envy, etc, are all caused by lack of health.

Do you agree that, "Ill health" means, unhealthy, as in, that which is not in a desired state, such that a broken leg is unhealthy and a poor person is financially unhealthy, and a dirty one is hygenically unhealthy, and the stupid one has an unhealthy brain?

If so, an angry person is not calm and is likely not thoughtful and may be irrational. The cause and consequence of their anger is the lack of health in the calm department. An angry person is an unhealthy person.

An insecure person lacks security and is likely fearful and afraid. Their lack of health in the security department is the consequence and cause of their anger. An insecure person is unhealthy.

An envious person is not content. They want what others have but lack the drive to work for it so they wish evil on others instead of working for their own good. Lazy fuqs, basically, who lack health in the ability department are bitter and unable.

An etc is an etc is an et..., do you get the drift, caps?

CAPSLOCKED:

THE THREAD STARTER KNOWS I AM RIGHT AND HE NEEDS MONEY AND A CHANGE OF ENVIRONMENT.
WITH A GOOD SUM OF MONEY HE'LL AFFORD HEALTHCARE, AND STAY AWAY FROM HIS NEIGHBORS HE HAS OFTEN DESCRIBED AS NOISY AND EVIL.
In this thread, the thread starter is seeing the errors of his ways and making a public statement of the intention to change. I see a person who is healthy in the reflective deparment, one who learns from the past and makes a conscious commitment to develop and grow and evolve. And personally, I have found that particular department to be a very important department in the development of conscious beings, that without it, all else is in vain.

Op, you are most blessed because you opened your eyes and saw yourself and now your cup fills and runneth over. For that is your impact on me as I was up all night reflecting.
Happy Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by budaatum: 12:38pm On May 03, 2020
oboy81:

A mind that is not at war is a peaceful, happier mind. Happy weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRMbh8ViUI
Re: Do I Still Have Any Of These? by oboy81: 5:19pm On May 03, 2020
budaatum:

Well my Financial Situation is very Bad, If that improves, a lot of things would be easier.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Whites/caucasians (europeans) Are Sub-human Specie / FG Didn’t Call For A Meeting, Strike Will Continue – ASUU Denies Minister / How terrible are wild animals? [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.