Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Church And Digital Technologies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church And Digital Technologies (227 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church And Digital Technologies by directonpc(m): 4:28am On May 03, 2020
Hello people. This is my first post here. We know that these are challenging times for the global community. Worship centres, parishes and churches that wish to follow guidelines by local authorities are currently running services/mass with less than 1% of their usual attendees.

Digital technologies are aiding worship even before the pandemic, for example, I use the popular CATHOLIC MISSAL FOR NIGERIA android app and it has helped me on many occasions to follow mass. We have bible apps that help us carry a bible everywhere we go. Minus people checking Facebook, Whatsapp and others in the church, smartphones are really helping people worship better.

In the pandemic era, churches are using live streaming platforms like YouTube to stream Sunday service/mass to worshipers at home. Though nothing replaces good old physical presence/offline worship, one can only imagine how the current situation will look like. Payment processing in Africa isn't as robust as it is in Europe and N/America where it is possible to send money with just an email address. Platforms like YouTube even let viewers donate money to a live stream session right there as they watch and this could be a seamless way of making offerings and seed sowing.

The church and digital technology make a good combo. We can worship better and preach love, salvation and hope even during the pandemic using technology. Kudos to all the innovative worship centres out there. God bless Nigeria and Happy Sunday.
Re: The Church And Digital Technologies by directonpc(m): 4:29am On May 03, 2020
How is your church using tech during the pandemic, I will love to hear.
Re: The Church And Digital Technologies by jeffizy(m): 4:41am On May 03, 2020
I observe Sunday Mass via Live streaming on FB.

It's just the Bishop and the catechist in attendance.

Also, the choir master and his organist.

Digitalized worship.

Eventually, I want to see something like Kanye's Sunday Service on YouTube happen here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Church And Digital Technologies by Nbote(m): 5:03am On May 03, 2020
While other ignorant ones who are alarmist and have no idea about d scriptures are busy with 5G and depopulation theories
Re: The Church And Digital Technologies by directonpc(m): 7:21am On May 03, 2020
Nbote:
While other ignorant ones who are alarmist and have no idea about d scriptures are busy with 5G and depopulation theories
5g is just radio. No connection with the virus

(1) (Reply)

Stand Firm With God,There Is Famine Ahead / Backslidden Without Repentance In Christ Jesus Crucified / That Minor Attack May Become A Major Attack If You Do Nothing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.