Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. (510 Views)

Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. / Jamb Sent Confusing Message To My Friend That Suppose To Have Exam Tomorrow / How To Correctly Use The Word "BEAT" In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by Christmasdon(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2020
yes 'has' and 'have'.
Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by braine(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2020
Christmasdon:
yes 'has' and 'have'.

One is for plural use (have) while the other (has) is for singular use.

Ie

They have done it, not they has done it. "They" here is plural

He has done it, not he have done it. "He" here is singular.

1 Like

Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by Kaymaxi2222(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
braine:

One is for plural use (have) while the other (has) is for singular use.

Ie

They have done it, not they has done it. "They" here is plural

He has done it, not he have done it. "He" here is singular.
is that all pls cause i really want to know how to use them better
Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by Kylekent59: 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
Christmasdon:
yes 'has' and 'have'.

They both go with a participle.

Watch out for the subject.

I have done the excercise
do/does - did - done

Has goes with a singular words, While have to plural words.

She(singular) has gone(participle) home

They(plural) have gone(participle) home

They are many rules.
For two words separated by and, the closest word determines if has or have would be used.

Have cats(plural) and dog been written

Has cat(singular) and dog been written

Dogs and cat has been written

Cat and Dogs have been written

Has / Have can also depict that something is just completed now. Eg: The eggs have boiled, She has gone to the market( if she isn't present/wasn't present when it started to happen, else "she is gone to the market)

While had is the past of both. I had paid him before coming here.

Just visit tolearnenglish site or you Google "has and have tolearnenglish" when it opens, click and start reading different uses plus many exercises.
Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by Amotolongbo(f): 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
Christmasdon:
yes 'has' and 'have'.
when your subject is a third person singular (he/she/it), you use has.

For all others, first and second person singular (I and you) and
First, second and third people plural (we, you and they), have is the appropriate verb
Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by LaExpert: 8:49am On May 05, 2020
"when do I suppose to?"

OP, this problem is deeper than knowing when to use has or have.

You may start with the advice I quoted below.

Kylekent59:

They both go with a participle.

Watch out for the subject.

I have done the excercise
do/does - did - done

Has goes with a singular words, While have to plural words.

She(singular) has gone(participle) home

They(plural) have gone(participle) home

They are many rules.
For two words separated by and, the closest word determines if has or have would be used.

Have cats(plural) and dog been written

Has cat(singular) and dog been written

Dogs and cat has been written

Cat and Dogs have been written

Has / Have can also depict that something is just completed now. Eg: The eggs have boiled, She has gone to the market( if she isn't present/wasn't present when it started to happen, else "she is gone to the market)

While had is the past of both. I had paid him before coming here.

Just visit tolearnenglish site or you Google "has and have tolearnenglish" when it opens, click and start reading different uses plus many exercises.
Re: When Do I Suppose To Use 'has' And 'have' In A Sentence. by mastertunji(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2020
Join our English WhatsApp group for fre daily English lessons and ebooks.
Chat +134640 90270 to be added.

(1) (Reply)

Should FG Give Loans As Palliative to Private Schools? / 51 Universities That Earmark 180 And Above As Minimum Standard For Jamb Utme 202 / UNIZIK Admission List 2020/2021 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.