Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? (1017 Views)

RCCG Online Dating App Condemned By Leke Adeboye (Pastor Adeboye's Son) / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? The Story Of A Viral Facebook Quiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2020
I've been curious for quite a while about the subject matter. I would really love to get some straight forward and intellectual insights, not some bunch of emotional point of views, about the following questions:

In the Muslim/Christian world, it is believed that Hell (fire) is the ultimate destination for 'sinners' (those who do not live in accordance with the instructions contained in the Quran/Holy Bible).

(a) Of what benefit is condemning a sinner to hell when the [/b]sinner does not feel the pains of this punishment in the physical body?[b]

(b) Related to (a) is the issue of misuse of creative energy.

[/b]Wouldn't it amount to a waste of creative energy[b] by God if after spending several hours/days/weeks to perfect the 'architecture' of Hell, the punishment doesn't have any tangible effect on the sinner, neither does it serve as a deterrent for intending sinners?

(c) From the deductions obtained from the above, can it be said that the [/b]"creation of Hell was a worthy investment of time and resources"[b] by the Almighty?

P.S These are genuine questions I would really love to have answers to, not an attack on the two religions referred to in this post.

@ OAM4J
@ lalasticlala please help me push to front page. I dey beg o
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by graciousolo(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
Hell was created by the wild imaginations of early writers.

As well as god (all 1400+ of them) and Heaven and the angels etc.

Religion is riddle dishonesty from giving excuses for the short comings of god to enduring obvious contradictions within their beliefs and against reality. Then they claim intellectual gaps and lack of empirical evidence as confirmation for a god.

How do you continually live in such confusion, denial and intellectual dishonesty every day of your life because you fear hell?

...a friend I consider smart made a post that say "there are 3 sides to a story; both sides and the truth" I replied him saying "Going by this logic we have only listen to the part of god(s) so, it remains that of the devil and the truth. He kept mute and changed topic.

That's the level of intellectual dishonesty that religious people have to endure. There are loads of other instances

How do you fear hell created by a god that has proven to be incapable of real life actions except the ones in your imaginations.

A god that cannot do anything in the face of trials for humanity?

Same god that does absolutely nothing if you don't work?

Quick question: what the real and objective difference between a religious person and an irreligious person?

Done thinking? The answer is nothing. Except the hope of making heaven.

But, here on earth... Everyone is subject to the same natural principles.

Everyone gets sick.
Anyone can be rich or poor.
Anyone can die.
Anyone can suffer accidents.

So, why the hazzle?

Do we talk about the paradoxes?

Or the half-truths?

If you are still holding onto religion in this age it is nobody's fault.

But, then it is live and let's live, so enjoy.

The only reason we speak out is because religious people have been saying BS from time immemorial and till tomorrow they won't stop. It becomes an obligation to speak once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
It pains our LORD and MASTER, JESUS CHRIST to see souls Die in sin and Perish in Hell! That's why many atimes he gives all the period and time for Repentance..

Having said that , Sin has its consequences and dying without JESUS CHRIST Has its Consequences..

That's why we all have to do what we should do and Accept JESUS CHRIST so we don't make the Blood JESUS CHRIST shed on the cross to be in Vain..
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 3:13pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:
It pains our LORD and MASTER, JESUS CHRIST to see souls Die in sin and Perish in Hell! That's why many atimes he gives all the period and time for Repentance..

Having said that , Sin has its consequences and dying without JESUS CHRIST Has its Consequences..

That's why we all have to do what we should do and Accept JESUS CHRIST so we don't make the Blood JESUS CHRIST shed on the cross to be in Vain..

But the "consequences" are not felt by the sinner burning in hell naw, since he has no way of making amends and [/b]it isn't even his physical body that is subjected to the fire, cos his physical body has been buried six feet deep[b]. What do you say to that?

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 3:15pm On May 03, 2020
graciousolo:
Hell was created by the wild imaginations of early writers.

As well as god (all 1400+ of them) and Heaven and the angels etc.

Religion is riddle dishonesty from giving excuses for the short comings of god to enduring obvious contradictions within their beliefs and against reality. Then they claim intellectual gaps and lack of empirical evidence as confirmation for a god.

How do you continually live in such confusion, denial and intellectual dishonesty every day of your life because you fear hell?

...a friend I consider smart made a post that say "there are 3 sides to a story; both sides and the truth" I replied him saying "Going by this logic we have only listen to the part of god(s) so, it remains that of the devil and the truth. He kept mute and changed topic.

That's the level of intellectual dishonesty that religious people have to endure. There are loads of other instances

How do you fear hell created by a god that has proven to be incapable of real life actions except the ones in your imaginations.

A god that cannot do anything in the face of trials for humanity?

Same god that does absolutely nothing if you don't work?

Quick question: what the real and objective difference between a religious person and an irreligious person?

Done thinking? The answer is nothing. Except the hope of making heaven.

But, here on earth... Everyone is subject to the same natural principles.

Everyone gets sick.
Anyone can be rich or poor.
Anyone can die.
Anyone can suffer accidents.

So, why the hazzle?

Do we talk about the paradoxes?

Or the half-truths?

If you are still holding onto religion in this age it is nobody's fault.

But, then it is live and let's live, so enjoy.

The only reason we speak out is because religious people have been saying BS from time immemorial and till tomorrow they won't stop. It becomes an obligation to speak once in a while.
I'm beginning to think of Hell as that "weak link" in the chain of religious theory.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

But the "consequences" are not felt by the sinner burning in hell naw, since he has no way of making amends and [/b]it isn't even his physical body that is subjected to the fire, cos his physical body has been buried six feet deep[b]. What do you say to that?
My Brother what do u Believe makes u a living being?
This body that we have here is mere dust! It perishes here. This flesh is just a Container that the Real you is put in.

The Real you has its body !

That Real you Reports to GOD immediately at Death.

The Real you lives for ever.. it never dies..

Either in Heaven or Hell based on whom you Believed and Accepted

Death is not and End it's a Destiny Door

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Askme2020(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

I'm beginning to think of Hell as that "weak link" in the chain of religious theory.

Hell is the force use to make people believe the many lies in all religion of the world. But the funny part is how will spirit burn?. 98% of Christian/Muslim today will most likely not be one if the concept of Hellfire never existed.

The Heaven and Hell Religious people preach are what they use in enslaving(Control) people of this generation. And it will sure continue, it is one of the program/forces that make this world real one to us.

But only those that know the truth will the truth set free.

We are all energy vibrating at a very high speed.
After this earth journey, the body return to dust, and the spirit/energy return to is source to give account of what it learn in the short time it spend on earth. And then decide if to come back to learn new things or remains with the source and help make this reality we are a real and physical one. We are all Energy vibrating at a very high speed. And energy can't be destroy.

Everything you see, feel, touch are all energy, including you.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Askme2020(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

This body that we have here is mere dust! It perishes here. This flesh is just a Container that the Real you is put in.

The real you doesn't have its own body...

The real you is part of the totality of everything

The real you is energy.

And yes you are right the real you gives account of what you learn in this world to GOD.

and yes the real you lives for ever just like the Source.

The real you neither ends up in heaven or hell.. The real you goes back to the Source...
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 03, 2020
Askme2020:

The real you doesn't have its own body...

The real you is part of the totality of everything

The real you is energy.

And yes you are right the real you gives account of what you learn in this world to GOD.

and yes the real you lives for ever just like the Source.

The real you neither ends up in heaven or hell.. The real you goes back to the Source...

The Real you has a head, eye, nose, hands, legs and all parts of the body.. so it has a body..

Read the Rich man and Lazarus given by JESUS HIMSELF.. you will understand that the Real you has a body
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Death is not and End it's a Destiny Door

1. What exactly does the fire to "the real you"?
2. Will the "real you" be fully aware of being thrown into the fire?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Askme2020(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

The Real you has a head, eye, nose, hands, legs and all parts of the body.. so it has a body..

Read the Rich man and Lazarus given by JESUS HIMSELF.. you will understand that the Real you has a body

You might be right. But the body we are talking about here is different from this physical body we have on this earth.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

1. What exactly does the fire to "the real you"?
2. Will the "real you" be fully aware of being thrown into the fire?

I didn't get ur first Question

For the Second, you will be fully aware of yourself. Everything you know will be fully known to u
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by OtemAtum: 4:47pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:
I've been curious for quite a while about the subject matter. I would really love to get some straight forward and intellectual insights, not some bunch of emotional point of views, about the following questions:

In the Muslim/Christian world, it is believed that Hell (fire) is the ultimate destination for 'sinners' (those who do not live in accordance with the instructions contained in the Quran/Holy Bible).

(a) Of what benefit is condemning a sinner to hell when the [/b]sinner does not feel the pains of this punishment in the physical body?[b]

[/b]Wouldn't it amount to a waste of creative energy[b] by God if after spending several hours/days/weeks to perfect the 'architecture' of Hell, the punishment doesn't have any tangible effect on the sinner, neither does it serve as a deterrent for intending sinners?

(c) From the deductions obtained from the above, can it be said that the [/b]"creation of Hell was a worthy investment of time and resources"[b] by the Almighty?

P.S These are genuine questions I would really love to have answers to, not an attack on the two religions referred to in this post.

@ OAM4J

There is only one answer to all these questions and the answer is: There Is No Hell.

God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah and Allah did not create a place of torment or a burning fire for any soul. All the fiery imaginations of past beings like Jehovah, Allah, Moloch etc have been wiped out millions of years back and there's nothing like hell fire apart from the fictitious fire you see across some religious books. Currently Jehovah and Allah are held captive in a spiritual cage so that people can be liberated from mind slavery of religion.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by jared007: 4:54pm On May 03, 2020
I was surprised they haven't answered ur questions Mistarsam.

A persons spiritual body is the one that gets burnt in hell not physical. The spiritual body is actually more sensitive than the physical.

The torments of hell includes: torture from demons, fiery worms, hunger, thirst, sickness, smell, darkness, bondage, ever dieing without dieing, fire etc.

If you haven't received Jesus Christ pls do so.

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by graciousolo(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

Religion itself is weak.

We just make it strong via imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Janosky: 6:02pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

@ OAM4J

According to your Bible , is Adam being tortured perpetually for his sins ?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Juliusmomoh: 6:05pm On May 03, 2020
Make i no talk sha, b4 they say am condem
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 7:42pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

I didn't get ur first Question

For the Second, you will be fully aware of yourself. Everything you know will be fully known to u

I meant "what exactly does the fire (hell) do to the "real you" that you talked about?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 7:42pm On May 03, 2020
Janosky:

According to your Bible , is Adam being tortured perpetually for his sins ?

Hmmm. That's food for thought o
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

I meant "what exactly does the fire (hell) do to the "real you" that you talked about?

It does not kill! You are alive but in torments ,pains, Wailings, Cryings etc it's Unimaginable!
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2020
jared007:

A persons spiritual body is the one that gets burnt in hell not physical. The spiritual body is actually more sensitive than the physical.

The torments of hell includes: torture from demons, fiery worms, hunger, thirst, sickness, smell, darkness, bondage, ever dieing without dieing, fire etc.

Since you submitted that it's the spirit that gets tortured in hell and not the physical body, of what use is the punishment then if it doesn't bring about any resultant physical effect?

I can liken it to boxing a dry wall and thinking that you are punishing it whereas you are the one expending your energy on a futile mission.

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2020
Thanks for the mature responses so far.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Askme2020(m): 8:17pm On May 03, 2020
jared007:

Hunger and thirst in hell... So you will eat and drink in heaven too?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Askme2020(m): 8:18pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

It does not kill! You are alive but in torments ,pains, Wailings, Cryings etc it's Unimaginable!

Have you been there? How do u know his it feels?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 03, 2020
Askme2020:

Have you been there? How do u know his it feels?
Its in the Bible.
If u are a Bible Reader you will know it

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by jared007: 8:45pm On May 03, 2020
Askme2020:

Hunger and thirst in hell... So you will eat and drink in heaven too?
lol so u don't know?

1 Like

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by jared007: 8:52pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

Since you submitted that it's the spirit that gets tortured in hell and not the physical body, of what use is the punishment then if it doesn't bring about any resultant physical effect?

I can liken it to boxing a dry wall and thinking that you are punishing it whereas you are the one expending your energy on a futile mission.
grin funny u. I repeat. You are not a physical body but a spirit. Your physical body is destroyed through decomposition at death. It is the sugar that ants attack and not the sugar jar.

2 Likes

Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by MuttleyLaff: 9:37pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:

jared007:
I was surprised they haven't answered ur questions Mistarsam
Why should you be surprised they haven't answered Mistarsam questions, when all he did was present an ideological construct that was DOA

jared007:
A persons spiritual body is the one that gets burnt in hell not physical. The spiritual body is actually more sensitive than the physical..
When a person draws their last breath, the spirit returns back to its Owner, God. The body begin to biodegrade and eventually returns to dust. The soul goes to a holding place, awaiting judgment, lol, there are two specified locations for this hold place, lol

jared007:
The torments of hell includes:
torture from demons, fiery worms, hunger, thirst, sickness, smell, darkness, bondage, ever dieing without dieing, fire etc.
With all due respect jared007, the only biblical truth in your comment is thirst. The rest are just conjecture and/or guesswork. Read the two immediate next below mentions of mine, to get/have a better handle on Sheol (i.e. original Jewish concept of abode of the dead), aka Gehenna (i.e. Jerusalem outskirts hill incinerator waste/rubbish dump site), aka Hell (i.e. Greek mythology influence)

MuttleyLaff:
Hell or better put, Hades, actually is a Greek concept, the Jews have no concept of Hell or Hades
they have "Sheol" alright, but the concept of Hell or Hades, is actually a Greek one.

Sheol, is more of a proper and real biblical Israelite concept of where the dead are ''interned.'' Sheol in an oversimplified or elementary manner, can be grave or has been referred as grave

Grave/tomb/sepulchre sites are merely places of deposit for a corpse. Sheol is the realm of the dead or departed souls
- Souls do not linger in the air. Souls do not stay in limbo. Souls do not hang about. Souls do not make revisits

Until Jesus in the NT, Sheol in general, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been regarded to be the realm of the dead or abode of the dead

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was Jesus in the NT that brought things into perspective when He shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side. Remember that, just like because you're telling a joke, it doesnt necessarily mean, the joke is devoid of some element of truth and reality so is the case with the parable of the rich man and poor man.

Sheol (i.e. the original Hebrew concept of afterlife) now has gray lines shared with Gehenna (i.e. the refuse dump in Jerusalem hyperbolically referred to by Jesus in Matthew 5:29 Matthew 18:9 and Mark 9:47) and Hell (i.e. a Greek mythology and Greek concept of afterlife) which arent really understood. The etymology of afterlife from a Jewish concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and Hell/Hades

Reiterating, hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Sheol is, what you'll find in the original Hebrew text for any word for Hell. In other places, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is from the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell, actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades, where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

Talking of Gehenna, well, it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire (i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem. Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead. It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root. It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol (i.e. the part where the dead of the Rich man sort are), with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

Death, is not a physical person but it will cease to exist because it will be destroyed when figuratively thrown into a physical lake of fire

MuttleyLaff:
"Then he will say also to those who are at his left,
'Depart from me, you cursed ones, into eternal fire, that which was prepared for The Devil and for his Angels.
"
- Matthew 25:41

"And if your hand should cause you to stumble, cut it off;
it is better for you to enter into life crippled,
than having two hands to go away into Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire.
"
- Mark 9:43

"But I will show you whom you should fear:
Fear the One who has authority, after the killing, to cast into Gehenna.
Yes, I say to you, fear Him.
"
- Luke 12:5

The eternal fire, which some take as meaning hell, was not originally created for man, which explains why it's existence is not mentioned in any of the creation six days, but obviously it was created sometime after the Devil and his angels' rebellion and before the rebellion of Adam and Eve.

If you know, you know. Who no know, no go know

Hell, is not really a Jewish/Hebraic concept, but its more of a Greek mythology concept, and it is like a dumpster, landfill site and/or refuse tip site. Hell, has the sense of Gehenna, the garbage dump site for the biblical city of Jerusalem, where fires burned continually to destroy the garbage, abandoned and disused stuff.

Hell, in that light, is in fact, a destination place of the evil and/or morally wrong, like those who get involved in quick money making practice ritualist(s) etcetera, for an example.

jared007:
"God says, "At the right time I heard you.
On the day of salvation I helped you.
" Listen, now is God's acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!
"
- 2 Corinthians 6:2

I second this, that if you haven't received Jesus Christ to please do so.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2020
jared007:
grin funny u. I repeat. You are not a physical body but a spirit. Your physical body is destroyed through decomposition at death. It is the sugar that ants attack and not the sugar jar.

If you maintain that it's the spirit and not the physical body that suffers in hell, can I make an inference that the fire (hell) is also a spiritual one unlike what the religious books have made us believe for a long time?
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by MuttleyLaff: 9:43pm On May 03, 2020
mistarsam:
If you maintain that it's the spirit and not the physical body that suffers in hell, can I make an inference that the fire (hell) is also a spiritual one unlike what the religious books have made us believe for a long time?
mistarsam, remember that you asked: "Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned to Hell? The sinner Or God?" Well, I can confidently tell you that, Jesus said: "I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents"

Read my reply to jared007, it'll helps with getting a proper grip of the differences of the body, soul and spirit mistarsam, lol.
Re: Who feels the 'pains' of being condemned To Hell? The sinner Or God? by mistarsam(m): 9:44pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=89154537]

Why should you be surprised they haven't answered Mistarsam questions, when all he did was present an ideological construct that was DOA

What do you mean by 'Dead on Arrival (DOA)'? IF WE CAN'T USE OUR BRAIN TO DECIPHER THINGS, (WHETHER THEY ARE OF RELIGIOUS SUBSTANCE OR NOT DOESN'T MATTER), OF WHAT USE IS IT THEN? It's just a matter of careful thinking cos the religious books have not been able to provide clear-cut answers to these questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Killing Innocent People In The Name Of Blood Money Or Money Rituals / Pastor Accuses Pastor E.A Adeboye Of Neglecting Pa Akindayomi's Children / Countdown To The 5th Year Anniversary Of Jehovah And Allah's Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.