Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (22670 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Smoke? / Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

It seems you have run away o.
I thought you were using the Bible to defend your point.

More questions came and you revert to me asking for your personal opinion. Infact who are you that I should ask for your opinion. I am ni stead asking for your opinion as a Christian, so I was expecting you back it up with some biblical references. Don’t fail now when you’re needed. It could help me
I was using the bible to "defend myself"? Lol....

Like I have said severally on this, topic is on what sin is. If you choose to live in sin,you don't do so against me but instead against God. I shouldn't even be your concern even though you keep pretending that I should somehow be . undecided
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by Believersgist: 5:43pm On May 04, 2021
Ask yourself first, if fighting back aligns with the scripture or have you seen anywhere Jesus slap someone back in the scripture?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by stanliwise(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I was using the bible to "defend myself"? Lol....

Like I have said severally on this, topic is on what sin is. If you choose to live in sin,you don't do so against me but instead against God. I shouldn't even be your concern even though you keep pretending that I should somehow be . undecided
You quoted this word. From where exactly, Haba don’t resort to this na. Did I ever write anyone like “myself”? Haba

And again you silently dodged all my questions, smart move but not so smart.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by stanliwise(m): 6:33pm On May 04, 2021
Believersgist:
Ask yourself first, if fighting back aligns with the scripture or have you seen anywhere Jesus slap someone back in the scripture?
So should be allow the hoodlums get their way?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by achorladey: 7:12pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

You quoted this word. From where exactly, Haba don’t resort to this na. Did I ever write anyone like “myself”? Haba

And again you silently dodged all my questions, smart move but not so smart.

Jesus said Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's".

If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, go with him two.

That soldier is an agent of Caesar and that soldier and agent of Caesar ask for something ( e.g self defense)

What did Jesus say.......

42. Give to anyone who asks you for something(e.g self defense). Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow(e.g self defense)from you.

I have shown kobojunkiee from the same verse he has been quoting and citing all this while that he needs to be perfect just like the heavenly father. Kobojunkiee knows the heavenly father will self-defense the apple of his eyes.

That's why I told him the thin LINE BETWEEN PACIFISM and SELF DEFENSE and the GREY AREAS.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by achorladey: 7:16pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

So should be allow the hoodlums get their way?

When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[c](U)

I am wondering why Jesus didn't use the SIT DOWN LOOK APPROACH HERE and fold his arms when they turned his father's house into market?

Is Jesus self defending his father's house?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by stanliwise(m): 7:26pm On May 04, 2021
achorladey:

When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[c](U)

I am wondering why Jesus didn't use the SIT DOWN LOOK APPROACH HERE and fold his arms when they turned his father's house into market?

Is Jesus self defending his father's house?
I am on same side with you but you see some of our Christain brothers and sister have been misled Infact they are part of the reason why a lot of evil abound in this world
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by gbengu(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2021
Thanks and God bless you too.

Princewell2012:

I think you are right here. I once worked with a big church in gbagada. This pastor used to have very important personalities coming to minister in his church under an invitation. This individuals need personal protection nothing must happen to them until return their respective countries.

Honestly that's why Hausa's are getting upper hands in government.

God bless you sir.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
achorladey:

Jesus said Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's".
If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, go with him two.

That soldier is an agent of Caesar and that soldier and agent of Caesar ask for something ( e.g self defense)
What did Jesus say.......

42. Give to anyone who asks you for something(e.g self defense). Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow(e.g self defense)from you.

I have shown kobojunkiee from the same verse he has been quoting and citing all this while that he needs to be perfect just like the heavenly father. Kobojunkiee knows the heavenly father will self-defense the apple of his eyes.

That's why I told him the thin LINE BETWEEN PACIFISM and SELF DEFENSE and the GREY AREAS.
All you did by this is show how well-versed you are at beating about the bush. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by Richwallet: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
We fight like hell with those who try to destroy the faith.

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? by achorladey: 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All you did by this is show how well-versed you are at beating about the bush. undecided

Is it LAWFUL to pay to CAESAR what belongs to CAESAR?

I want to see my beating about the BUSH here from the above. I know well enough Jesus words is final on whatever you type here. I am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Debate! Debate!! Debate!!! Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons / Kukah To Buhari: Nigerians Didnt Vote You To Blame Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.