Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,820 members, 7,798,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (158738 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
9cguy:
Waiting patiently....
I swear. We are all waiting.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Acuna91: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
Waiters grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by COOL10(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielhouston:
The feminists are another group of people you will find in Berlin. Men and women are feminists and they take it very seriously. You have to be careful what you say and how you say it. Any word that comes out of your mouth can be considered offensive to womanhood and the feminists will not waste any time to put you in the right place.

One day I was sitting in the train from work and a girl was standing. She had a big stomach and I even thought she was pregnant. The train was so full and all the seats were occupied. A guy tried to be a gentleman and gave up his seat for this lady to sit down. All hell broke loose and the train turned into a war zone.

The lady disgraced him and dragged his ancestors from the grave, for giving up his seat for her. She said he assumed she was weak because she’s a woman and she does not need any man to tell her what to do. She has legs and she can stand like everyone else.

So yeah, don’t give up your seat for a woman here and don’t even open the door for her to say “Ladies first”. She’d tell you she can open her own door and even curse you out. Also don’t give hugs unless they reach out to hug you. Don’t you dare say anything about their fashion either.

Some feminists also don’t shave their armpits and pubic hairs. They don’t feel they have to do anything to please a man. It is their body and they can do what they want. So you better be careful when dealing with women here, even at work.
No cat-calling, don’t compliment them, don’t talk about their looks or do any gesture out of being a “gentleman”. Telling your female colleague that she’s beautiful, can be considered sexual harassment.

Mad people.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Oladeji245(m): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Danielhouston:
Alexanderplatz has a reputation for being the “jobless people” chill center. People call it that because a lot of Syrian refugees usually hang out there every day and it is assumed that they don’t have jobs. It is also where you’ll find the African guys who just landed in Berlin, shopping and taking pictures.

This is also a common meeting point for a lot of friends because it is easy to explain and it is centralized with transportation. If you want to catch up with friends, you can all just agree to meet there and go somewhere else. You normally won’t find a nice bar or restaurant to hang out there, as it is too touristic and everyone is on the move.

It is a blessed haven for street performers, especially musicians. A lot of musicians have made names for themselves, from performing at this place, on the street. Just do your thing and put a box in front of you for people to give you money. Yes, artists can make money there. Even if your music sounds like sh*t, you will always have a crowd of people watching you, because they have nothing else to do.

There have been crimes there in the past, for that reason, a small police station was built right in the middle. The police don’t disturb anybody and they don’t even look at you. They’re only there to prevent crimes. Occasionally, they can stop the street performers when they get too noisy or pull too much crowd.

Alexanderplatz is also where you’ll find Primark. Primark is a cheap shopping store and they sell almost everything. You can buy jeans for €12 and other nice clothes. You can buy a nice shoe for as low as €7 in Primark and it will look really good. Only thing is, you might see 100 other people wearing the same thing.
So if your brother or sister returns from Germany and they bought lots of clothes, just check the label. If it says “made in Indonesia” or “made in India”, they bought it from Primark.

You can walk from Alexanderplatz to other places like Brandenburger Tor, Friedrichstr, Hackescher Markt, etc. It is very big and beautiful. You can just hang out there all day and never get bored.
There is almost everything you need there, including gym, electronic store, shoe store, sports stores, malls, and a bus to Hamburg for just €10.
does someone who learnt tailoring has hope in germany?

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by GreatSage: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2020
danielhouston how lucrative is truck driving in Germany? can students drive trucks also?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Palehair: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:
The gender non-conforming. These ones are not gay and they are not straight. At least, that’s what they say. They are also not men or women. They just identify as humans.

They wear what they want, sleep with anybody they want, do what they want with their body and don’t have any restrictions. You can see a man wearing a skirt and boots, or a woman wearing men’s clothes and high heels. The freedom to do what they want and break societal norms, is what makes them non-conforming.

You will find a lot of them in Berlin. They come in all races; White, Black, Asian, hispanic, Arab. You will also see men who paint their nails with nail polish and they are not gay. They paint the same color with their girlfriend and you almost cannot tell who is the man or woman.
If you ask them about their sex life, they can have sex with anybody and anything, even flowers. They are just here to live and let live.
I've been a silent stalker on your thread, lol. You are doing a great job. Keep it up man.
Gender non-comformers or gender/sexually fluid are my people. I just love their bohemian and carefree way of life

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 11:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:

Life in Berlin is very interesting. Lots of psychos and hipsters. Very crazy but exciting culture. They always say Berlin is not Germany and I believe it. You can see someone so good looking but once you get close to them: BOOM... they’re mental.

There’s also a lot drugs and partying. Regular sex parties. We have the biggest club in Europe and possibly in the world called “Berghain”. Even celebrities have visited there. People die to get in. Sometimes people stab themselves with bottles when they get rejected at the door. It is a very vibrant sex club. People f*cking and doing drugs. Some stay there for 3 days no sleep, partying. There’s also KitKat (a sex fetish club) and many others.

Berlin is everything that Sodom and Gomorrah left behind. Nudity is welcomed. There are nudist parks and lakes. Also saunas. The gym I go to has a sauna where everyone is naked, boys and girls. You see EVERYTHING. There’s so much freedom in Berlin and nothing shocks them. You can walk around with a tree on your head and identify as a chicken, nobody cares.

It is a working city but not as serious as other German cities. You can never be bored. Also very international, you can live there 10 years and not speak German. Even in bars and restaurants they speak English. Lots of Australians, Brits and Americans. 80% of my friends are black Americans. My accent changed when I moved to Berlin.

Most restaurants don’t offer tap water, no matter how much you spend on food. You must buy water. They also don’t accept card payments in most places. Must pay with cash. Oh and they don’t give a damn how you feel, they are direct. Someone can walk up to you and ask if you want a Mouth Action. Boys and girls.

There’s also a lot of young suicides due to drug overdose. You can drink alcohol in public. On Sundays in summer, there’s a park called “Mauer park”. There are usually over 40,000 people there chilling, live bands playing, markets, a huge karaoke, do whatever you want. You’ll also find lots of Artists as it’s an artist city.

It is also the home of the gays in Europe. The gays here are not to be played with. They’re treated with top priority and love. The hardest thing here is finding a flat or room to rent, because everyone wants to live in Berlin.
I so wanna visit
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by odinga1of: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
hammed71:
lol nawa ooo, to compliment Mba, to sit down make I stand for you, rara, those guys are twisted in the head.I don't think I can cope there ooo

This is an eye opener..

Nobody has given clear or vivid description like this before, first hand info.

The OP way of Narrating or descriptive prowess is second to None.

OP any day u come or visit Delta State......let me know........we go ball.

God bless the OP.

13 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by TopeQs: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston

I must commend you on your writing skills, you're so articulate.

nice work.

I want to ask on how you stay behind, I'm asking for the story, I mean, if I want to come for masters, how easy can I stay behind you get a work permit for jobs and stuffs.

I also have a family friend over there that we're really close to, of I could get him to send an invitation letter, would I need the block account?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
Oladeji245:

does someone who learnt tailoring has hope in germany?

I know a few tailors but they’re white. They usually struggle to get jobs because you can’t make clothes and sell to people individually. People won’t buy them. The tailors make clothes and offer samples to clothing companies who can either buy them or reject them. That is a long shot. But I think it would be creative to make African clothes and have them sold in stores.
A lot of it has to do with the quality of material. So be ready to spend a lot of money on good material. No store will sell your product if it’s trash.

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
GreatSage:
danielhouston how lucrative is truck driving in Germany? can students drive trucks also?

I’ve never seen a black truck driver but I can imagine that there are a few. Truck driving here requires special training, because of the road rules and safety regulations. I believe they make as much money as bus drivers, but I don’t think this is something a student can do. Because it requires working at odd hours, which are mostly nights and long distance trips.

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Jamestown123: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:

I’ve never seen a black truck driver but I can imagine that there are a few. Truck driving here requires special training, because of the road rules and safety regulations. I believe they make as much money as bus drivers, but I don’t think this is something a student can do. Because it requires working at odd hours, which are mostly nights and long distance trips.
A quick one Mr Daniel, please can someone who's not related to me at all stand to sponsor me in Germany?

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
TopeQs:
Danielhouston

I must commend you on your writing skills, you're so articulate.

nice work.

I want to ask on how you stay behind, I'm asking for the story, I mean, if I want to come for masters, how easy can I stay behind you get a work permit for jobs and stuffs.

I also have a family friend over there that we're really close to, of I could get him to send an invitation letter, would I need the block account?

Once you come here as a student, you will always find a way to stay. After studying, you get 18 months to find a job, which you likely would or you can take up another study at a University. If you get a job, you will be granted a working permit (blue card), after which you can apply for permanent residence after 5 years and/or citizenship after 8 years.

It can be reduced to 7 years if you have a German language certificate of B1 and passed the citizenship test. And 6 years if you are well integrated. In that case, it would be determined by the immigration officer handling your application. Only them can determine what “well integrated” means. Alternatively, you can get married even during your studies and get citizenship after 3 years.
Which ever way you choose, your student years are counted in the total number of years.

What your family member would send you is a “Sponsorship letter”, not invitation. That means they are responsible for you throughout your studies and it replaces the blocked account. They’d have to earn above €1,500 to be able to obtain it. They also don’t have to be related to you. Even a friend can choose to provide you with a Sponsorship letter.

The only risk is that, if you’re a bad person and want to really hold them accountable for the Sponsorship after you arrive Germany, they must cover your bills for you. That is why most people are afraid to offer Sponsorship. They don’t want to really pay anybody’s bills. You’d have to guarantee them you just need the paper and you can take care of yourself after you arrive Germany.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
Jamestown123:
A quick one Mr Daniel, please can someone who's not related to me at all stand to sponsor me in Germany?

See comment above.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
There are some new laws made recently in Germany because of the Coronavirus, effective from 1st of July. See below:

1. Reduced VAT. The German government has reduced VAT (value added tax) from 19% to 16%. They also reduced the cost of food items and everyday goods from 7% to 5%. So from now until the end of the year, food will be cheaper in supermarkets all around Germany. Household items like furniture, TV, etc will also be cheaper.
This is to bring the market back to life after the Corona disaster.

2. Pensioners will get more money. Everyone receiving pension in Germany will get a raise of 3.45% across all states in West Germany and 4.2% in East Germany. So tell ya grandfather, it’s time to partyyyy...

3. Deutsche Bahn train tickets will become cheaper. This is for long distance trains. The train tickets will be 1.9% cheaper.

4. Protection for tenants. Anyone who could not pay their house rent from 1st April until end of June, will not face eviction. This does not apply to July as the Coronavirus restrictions are more relaxed now. So if you owe rent during that time, you have a chance to pay in arrears. You can make the payment within the next 2 years.
This also includes electricity, gas, telecommunications. This also applies to businesses.

5. Submission of Tax returns. If you have not submitted your tax returns for 2019, the deadline has been extended until end of July.

6. EU travel ban lifted on certain countries. Below are the non EU countries that are allowed travel into Germany, due to Coronavirus. The list will be reviewed every 2 weeks and countries will be added or removed, depending on the situation.

Algeria
Australia
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Montenegro
Morocco
New Zealand
Rwanda
Serbia
South Korea
Thailand
Tunisia
Uruguay
China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity.

7. Wearing of mask is compulsory in public transport and failure to do so, will attract fines in some states.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
Relationships in Berlin are a hit or miss. Mostly a miss. Relationships here don’t just end, they end in disaster. When I say disaster, I mean Hollywood kind of disaster. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”, kind of disaster.

A lot of people here are damaged goods. They ran away from their past lives and family trauma in their country and moved to Berlin to start over. Berlin is a place where people come to discover themselves and live that care-free life they want, without judgement or pressure.
So you’ll see many good looking people who are well dressed, educated, but mentally unstable.

You can fall in love as quickly as you fall asleep. People don’t wait to know each other before they decide to be in a relationship. They just need someone to hang on to, someone who can relate to their pain or addiction, then they become partners.
So a drug addict can be sniffing coke in a club toilet, where he meets a random girl who wants some coke too. The next day, they’re in a relationship.

You know the kind of relationship where you hear “Britney went home with a guy she met at the club, she has not been seen since 3 days”. Then they later find her with her “new boyfriend”.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
It is also very common that they live together. You will mostly see cases where boys move in with a girl they just met. Then when they break up, she kicks him out and he becomes homeless. The girls throw them out in the middle of the night and don’t give a damn.

If the guy is registered at her address, she will go to the Rathaus (registration office) and tell the government to remove his name from her address. She will also make sure they know he is homeless and any letter she receives that belongs to him, she will throw it in the bin.

She won’t stop there. She’ll also dedicate her time to destroy his life. Any future plan he has, that she knows about, she’s ready to do anything to take it down. All of this madness over a 3 month relationship that ended because of pizza.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
When they are in love, you will see them behaving like people that just won lottery. They’ll be kissing everywhere. In the train, on the street, in the restaurant, even when they’re talking with friends, they’ll be kissing each other every 5 minutes in front of you. You’d almost think they’ll never break up.

Don’t expect to find a balance in looks either. You are likely to see a very handsome guy with an ugly girl or a very pretty girl with a guy that looks like Mr Ibu. You’ll be asking yourself, how? why? how come? But yeah, it is what it is.
Sometimes you find cases where they are both very good looking but equally mad.

It is also very common that girls turn down marriage proposals. I’ve seen many cases where they’ve been with a guy for years, the guy buys a ring, goes on his knees to propose, and the girl says NO. Sometimes she won’t just say no, she’ll insult him and embarrass him in front of people.

That usually ends the relationship but know that, before it gets to that point, she must have told him at some time in their relationship that she wasn’t interested in marriage but the guy didn’t listen.
You will also see young couples who don’t want to have kids. They are both fine with it. They just get a dog or a cat. When they break up, they share custody of their pets.

23 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by GermanyChaser: 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:
It is also very common that they live together. You will mostly see cases where boys move in with a girl they just met. Then when they break up, she kicks him out and he becomes homeless. The girls throw them out in the middle of the night and don’t give a damn.

If the guy is registered at her address, she will go to the Rathaus (registration office) and tell the government to remove his name from her address. She will also make sure they know he is homeless and any letter she receives that belongs to him, she will throw it in the bin.

She won’t stop there. She’ll also dedicate her time to destroy his life. Any future plan he has, that she knows about, she’s ready to do anything to take it down. All of this madness over a 3 month relationship that ended because of pizza.

Then it's more preferable to not fall inlove hahaha.. women can really go this far to ruin lives?? So sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DAramis: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:
You will also see young couples who don’t want to have kids. They are both fine with it. They just get a dog or a cat. When they break up, they share custody of their pets.

Then, what is the essence of marriage in the first place if we are to go with our African standards?

Imagine telling your parents that you are married to a foreigner. They will be preparing to visit you during child dedication or your mum to visit and help out during new born baby but you ended up telling them, "Both of you decided not to have children".

You mum would simply kneel down and shout Ah.... my village people has finally succeeded. They are using my child's intelligence to do tales by moonlight story grin

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
A lot of them also have open relationships and open marriages. I’ve seen this one more with gay couples. I know many straight couples who have open relationships as well. They can sleep with other people and have threesomes. They just set rules for themselves, to never fall in love with someone else.

So yeah, when you see that guy in the club and you know he has a girlfriend but he’s kissing other girls, don’t be quick to tell his girlfriend. You might be embarrassed to know she’s aware and she’s fine with it. Infact, she also slept with another guy last night.
From what I’ve seen, these types of relationships usually last the longest. I don’t know why.

Then there are the ones who are bisexual. Or in some cases, one of them is gay. Yes, I’ve seen some girls who are straight and their boyfriend is gay. That is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen. How can a woman date a gay man, you may ask.
They say they don’t care about sex, they just love each other. They’ll tell you there’s more to love than sex and sexuality is a spectrum.

22 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Savagethe21st(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:
When they are in love, you will see them behaving like people that just won lottery. They’ll be kissing everywhere. In the train, on the street, in the restaurant, even when they’re talking with friends, they’ll be kissing each other every 5 minutes in front of you. You’d almost think they’ll never break up.

Don’t expect to find a balance in looks either. You are likely to see a very handsome guy with an ugly girl or a very pretty girl with a guy that looks like Mr Ibu. You’ll be asking yourself, how? why? how come? But yeah, it is what it is.

It is also very common that girls turn down marriage proposals. I’ve seen many cases where they’ve been with a guy for years, the guy buys a ring, goes on his knees to propose, and the girl says NO. Sometimes she won’t just say no, she’ll insult him and embarrass him in front of people.

That usually ends the relationship but know that, before it gets to that point, she must have told him at some time in their relationship that she wasn’t interested in marriage but the guy didn’t listen.
with this kind of lifestyle immigrants from asia especially indians and arabs that like to procreate and have many children might become the majority and the caucasians might end up the minority ethnicity

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
Then there are the ones who love each other and believe in traditional kind of relationship. No cheating, no open relationship, no drugs, no party. They only hangout with friends for lunch or dinner and they both have the same friends.

These ones usually have future plans to get married and have kids, or not. They drink wine and don’t get drunk. They are also interested in making friends with people who have plans for their lives. The guy either works in IT or he’s a business lawyer. The girl usually works as a social worker or a government job like Foreigners office, Rathaus or Job center or hospital.

The ones that are jobless just stay at home and play video games and eat pizza. The are also fat. The only time they leave their house is when they’re going to the Supermarket or going to return the video game they rented, to get a new one.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Then we have the single and desperately searching. Indians make up most of this group of people. Nobody wants to date them and they are always talking about how they are loving and kind, but get turned down. You will find them in every Facebook group and meet-up activity.

Black guys also make up this group, except that black guys can get sex easily but the girls don’t want to date them. Reason is that, a lot of these black guys are not independent and are looking for a girl to solve their problems or carry their cross. They usually have hopes about marriage and a future wife but it still comes down to being able to get a passport and stay in Germany.

Then the Asians, especially Chinese and Vietnamese girls. These ones always have horror stories to tell about how they’ve been abused by a German guy. They’re usually in high demand because guys find it easy to control them. They move in with the guy and after a few months, he starts to abuse them physically and verbally.
Sometimes they get married to these guys and can’t divorce because they’re afraid of being deported.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Then we have the Turkish and Arabs. People usually avoid these ones and they see the guys as creeps. Reason is because, Arab guys have a reputation for harassing girls and treating women without respect. They are the ones who would see a girl walking on the street and be shouting “hey baby, fine girl, big a**, etc...

Their girls don’t like to date outside their race or ethnicity. Some of them do but very few. You’d see more Turkish guys who date German girls, than Turkish girls who date German guys or other guys. People are also prejudiced towards them. They see the guys as criminals and uneducated.

Foreigners don’t date them either, mostly because of a language barrier. A lot of Turkish/Arab guys don’t speak English. Except the ones who studied or are students. So they really don’t have a wide dating pool of opportunities than to date their own kind.

14 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by GreatSage: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:

The bolded cracked me up.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
I read Danielhouston stories like a novel.

It is what you can read even with a headache and you feel better. How do you flow with ease while writing? If only you knew how enjoyable your style of writing is.

27 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Generally it is easier to find sex than to find true love. That is common in big cities and Berlin is a sex city. Some girls who are new to Berlin and don’t understand how things work, they usually end up with a broken heart after 3 months.

They meet a guy at the club, dance, kiss, spend time together and exchange numbers. Then they start dreaming of the guy. They guy disappears or when they meet him again, he’s not interested. Then they start crying “he was so into me, he kissed me, he said he loved me, how can he do this....” The guy was just into the moment and he’s not responsible whatever he says when he’s drunk or high on drugs.

You’ll also find a lot of people complaining about not being able to find love. When you ask them for a date, they say they are busy. You will also see girls who chase guys but no guy wants them.
They go on several dates that end up in sex and good bye. They are never shy to talk to a guy and they are very loud. These ones are usually British or Australian girls.

Then there are the ones who are not looking for anything or anyone. They have a dog and they’re fine. They go to work, have friends, travel alone, live alone, and don’t even have sex dates. They have not been on a date in 5 years and their last relationship was 7 years ago.
They don’t believe they are compatible with anyone and they don’t want anybody in their space.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by kakatrigga: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:

One of the best skills you can learn is how to do hair. You will make a lot of money with this. The black barbers here are very terrible. There is also high demand for braids, dreadlocks and anything with female hair. My friends are always begging, looking for people to do their hair and they’re willing to pay anything. Especially the black Americans, they care so much about hair and hair products.

If you can make dreadlocks and twists, you go make money tire. Even me sef dey find someone to do my dreadlocks since 2 months now. The last guy that did my dreads charged me €120 on a friendly level. He charges the white people up to €300 and they pay without complaints.

Another skill is construction work. Anything that has to do with house construction, you will always have work. It is also not as hard as in Nigeria. There are better equipment and machines here to make the work easier. You’d just have to learn how to use them, but that is not a problem. Even if your German is bad, you will still have work in this sector.

Blogging and Vlogging is another great way. If you have something interesting to talk about, people will follow you like MTN (everywhere you go). Just don’t write things that would cause controversy, otherwise you will gather the wrong attention.

Music and Arts. If you’re a musician and you are talented, you can make some money. Just don’t expect to be famous. If you play musical instruments, you get lots of attention. Keyword is: be talented.

Modeling is one of the best ways to make money here. Photographers are always looking for models (male and female) for their projects. They can also get you jobs with big companies. You would also land an advertisement job with companies like H&M, Zara, Primark or Zalando (the company I work for). Just have the looks and body and be open to nude photos.

Videography, Photography and Graphic design are also great skills to have. There are a lot of graphic designers here, so you won’t be anything special. But videographers, especially editors and color graders, are in very high demand. Color graders are mostly wanted and well paid.
Photographers too can do well but there are a lot of photographers here, so you’d have to be outstanding.

If your own is Football, pls don’t waste your time. Just face your studies and graduate. Lots of dreamers here hoping to get into local and international leagues. Especially these Owerri and Anambra boys. That one is a Disney land dream.

If you are an Athlete (except football), and you’re very good, Germans will claim you easily. I know a Nigerian girl that was a good runner. She was granted German citizenship because of it. No questions asked. She also made a lot of money but she squandered it on drugs and lost her endorsements. Now she’s telling old stories.

@ Bolded. Sir could you please explain better. Why do you think playing football in Germany is a waste of time?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by GermanyChaser: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
I'm stuck in this thread.. very interesting thread. Seems I am already in germany. Kudos Danielhouston

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by TopeQs: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you Danielhouston..

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by seankafor(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielhouston:
Generally it is easier to find sex than to find true love. That is common in big cities and Berlin is a sex city. Some girls who are new to Berlin and don’t understand how things work, they usually end up with a broken heart after 3 months.

They meet a guy at the club, dance, kiss, spend time together and exchange numbers. Then they start dreaming of the guy. They guy disappears or when they meet him again, he’s not interested. Then they start crying “he was so into me, he kissed me, he said he loved me, how can he do this....” The guy was just into the moment and he’s not responsible whatever he says when he’s drunk or high on drugs.

You’ll also find a lot of people complaining about not being able to find love. When you ask them for a date, they say they are busy. You will also see girls who chase guys but no guy wants them.
They go on several dates that end up in sex and good bye. They are never shy to talk to a guy and they are very loud. These ones are usually British or Australian girls.

Then there are the ones who are not looking for anything or anyone. They have a dog and they’re fine. They go to work, have friends, travel alone, live alone, and don’t even have sex dates. They have not been on a date in 5 years and their last relationship was 7 years ago.
They don’t believe they are compatible with anyone and they don’t want anybody in their space.
lol,
Over here in Nigeria, opposite is the case, if you don't have money, you I'll struggle to have sex unless you patronise sex workers.
It seems like their girls aren't much into gold digging

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / My Monthly Savings In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.