Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159078 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Danke, i have previous training in Excel, sql/Databases, Java etc but haven't used them in years due to lack of permanent job opportunities. i guess it's time, i draw up a course outline and get busy. please, don't hesitate to quote me if you think up of any new information, i really appreciate. Bis balt in Deutschland.
please where did you learn ur germany Language in nigerie here cause i have been searching for them seriously
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Mgbadike80: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
heniford2:
please where did you learn ur germany Language in nigerie here cause i have been searching for them seriously
lol, my knowledge isn't deep, i use mostly resources that i download online(Books and video). Check pdfdrive.com for German language pdfs. i can try to get the audio cd content for the dummies all in one for German language. just start something and i would guide you.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Mgbadike80: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
heniford2:
you can also Google for German language institutes in Nigeria, It's not that expensive but might not be available in your locality.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 29, 2020
DanielHouston, you said once you've visited Canada. Please share what you know from your visit, too.

As far as Europe is concerned, simple lifers will love Germany. One can travel and explore Europe the more from there.

F the US. I think it's over hyped. Maybe it's all the cop profiling that makes me dislike that country.

When it comes to Asia, Japan.

Never read about Australia. Hate seeing random reptiles and critters. Not worth considering. Rather new Zealand, I guess.

Danielhouston:

There is a pressure in London to live up to people’s expectations. It’s like, people judge each other based on what they have and life is a competition. That’s why many people in London are so fake. They feel the pressure to maintain an image and compare their lives to someone else.

So toxic for personal growth. It's a problem with Nigeria too. Which is why majority are out to scam, get rich quick, etc.

Rather enjoy living, than enjoy people think I'm living.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Goodman247: 2:45am On Jul 29, 2020
I don't understand why this guy is attacking Daniel, what the op is saying is his own opinion, Germany is not your original country, even in Nigeria, we know Nigeria is a bad country, and we cannot hide it because we are Nigerians, we say it and criticise those in authority to make the country better.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Goodman247: 3:18am On Jul 29, 2020
Op l am enjoying reading your thread, it keeps me happy when l come back from hustling and reading your thread before l doze off, don't let haters stop your good works. Keep it up

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by drnoel: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Bros, i know some others have answered my questions but I'll still want your input because it seems that you're resident in Thuringen and that's where i'm aiming to study at. Chairman, please i would be
applying to the Bauhaus
university in Weimar, Thuringia,
next year, it's the only program
that currently interests me in the
whole of Germany, please can
you give me some necessary
background even if it's just on
what to expect while in east
Germany.God would continue to
bless you, Danielhouston and
other contributors.

Thanks, if i can speak German at
least to B1 or B2 level, have
python programming skills
(Especially with Gis softwares),
would it improve my ease of
getting a job or improve my pay?
What advice would you give
anybody hoping to sustain
himself entirely from part time
work as regards the right skills
to acquire before coming? I read
something about the need to get
a driving license from 9ja, can
you be more specific about it?
Danielhouston, please, weigh in.I
know my questions might be
technical so please forgive me
(Es tut mir leid, bitte).

Hallo, I had to think of what to reply u that's why it took sometime. Also pls I am not ur chairman. That area is not my field so I would be the wrong person to advise u. I also never lived in Weimar but know it's a beautiful small city not far from Eisenach where my family lived. As regards the job market in ur field pls educate yourself online and ask people in ur area of interest who reside in Germany. Pls don't let this discourage u from asking more questions but I am rather the wrong person to answer your questions. There are many NL people here reading in ghost mode who can answer your questions. I spotted the handle of two people I personally know but they also don't reside in Thüringen.
As regards ur other questions: it is possible to sustain ones self while in school but with difficulty and u may start having poor grades. The driving license thing is necessary cos some companies ask for it.
I know I didn't answer ur questions the way u may have hoped but it's due to not having the information u desired. It's been like a long time I was in the OP's shoe so lots of things have changed.

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by SaintHilary(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
Yesterday, a friend of mine who just moved in from Ibadan wanted to get an apartment somewhere around my area in Lekki>>

>>I called my agent and we set out for inspections Immediately, we got to a particular property and while at the gate, the agent called the landlord of the apartment (the security said he had to call b4 we could go in)

>>Agent calls landlord and puts phone on speaker, after some usual questions the landlord then asks, What tribe is your Client >> Agent Replies >> He's Yoruba Sir>> Landlord Responds >> I don't want a Yoruba person In my property and ends the call.

>>I could see the shock on the agents face and the disappointment on my guys face. Then I just thought about Nairaland travel section for Obvious reasons which we all know.

>>You'll see a new travel thread, the first question that pops up will be OP, How's the rasism like in that country >> Is it not beta I receive racial/tribal abuse in another man's land which has a working system, than experience same in my own country which I'm accountable for EVERYTHING that concerns me and my family I'll leave y'all to answer smiley

>>We don leta see house Sha, Big Ups OP

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Aidejay(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
SaintHilary:

>>You'll see a new travel thread, the first question that pops up will be OP, How's the rasism like in that country >> Is it not beta I receive racial/tribal abuse in another man's land which has a working system, than experience same in my own country which I'm accountable for EVERYTHING that concerns me and my family I'll leave y'all to answer smiley

stop rationalizing racism or tribalism or ethnocentrism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Over the next couple of days, I’ll talk about the dungeon life of Berlin. We’ll dive deep into the night life, sexcapades and sodomy that goes on in Berlin. Some of these stories will have you jumping. The graphic image of what you’ll read here, may leave you unable to eat for days. Be warned.

PS: if you’re a religious fanatic, this is not for you. If you’re homophobic, this is not for you. If you’re judgemental, this is not for you. If the thought of sex scares you, this is not for you.

34 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Joohan: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Danielhouston:
Over the next couple of days, I’ll talk about the dungeon life of Berlin. Well dive deep into the night life, sexcapades and sodomy that goes on in Berlin. Some of these stories will have you jumping. The graphic image of what you’ll read here, may leave you unable to eat for days. Be warned.

PS: if you’re a religious fanatic, this is not for you. If you’re homophobic, this is not for you. If you’re judgemental, this is not for you. If the thought of sex scares you, this is not for you.

Let me fasten my seatbelt

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Danielhouston:
Over the next couple of days, I’ll talk about the dungeon life of Berlin. Well dive deep into the night life, sexcapades and sodomy that goes on in Berlin. Some of these stories will have you jumping. The graphic image of what you’ll read here, may leave you unable to eat for days. Be warned.

We're waiting
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
Goodman247:
Op l am enjoying reading your thread, it keeps me happy when l come back from hustling and reading your thread before l doze off, don't let haters stop your good works. Keep it up
grin grin grin grin grin i admire your blunt honesty bro grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aidejay:

stop rationalizing racism or tribalism or ethnocentrism.
tunchi grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
Danielhouston:

Bring it on Bitch cheesy
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
@Danielhouston how are you able to read maps?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mgbadike80:
lol, my knowledge isn't deep, i use mostly resources that i download online(Books and video). Check pdfdrive.com for German language pdfs. i can try to get the audio cd content for the dummies all in one for German language. just start something and i would guide you.
okey then how please do help me on it
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Mgbadike80: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
heniford2:
okey then how please do help me on it
go to pdfdrive. com, search and download German language books. I recommend theGerman all in one for dummies. After that, quote me for the next move.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by piper7(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hi everybody. I'm in Nigeria but I'd like to study abroad in the next 1 or 2 years.
While studying abroad, I'd like to start a business(sort of a company-and yes! During my course of study)and keep running it after graduation. Which country can that be more possible for a black student between the UK and Germany.
Also, can I have friends in the university or will I just be alone since I'm black?
Please forgive me if the answers to questions have been previously answered on this thread.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by lovetterrison(m): 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=Danielhouston post=92242824]Over the next couple of days, I’ll talk about the dungeon life of Berlin. Well dive deep into the night life, sexcapades and sodomy that goes on in Berlin. Some of these stories will have you jumping. The graphic image of what you’ll read here, may leave you unable to eat for days. Be warned.

Driver stop here order popcorn******
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
heniford2:
just Search Up FSI GERMAN course on google.FSI means foreign service institute,it was designed to help ambassadors learn how to properly speak their host country's language.The Entire Course is about 1gb in size(as it contains audio lessons) with several textbooks to guide you.It only has a few glitches e.g it was written and designed as far back as 1940s so some terms may not be modern e.g "it uses fraulein" to represent "miss".apparently that word is now offensive.Well,i wish you goodluck in your learning process.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
simonjassy:
just Search Up FSI GERMAN course on google.FSI means foreign service institute,it was designed to help ambassadors learn how to properly speak their host country's language.The Entire Course is about 1gb in size(as it contains audio lessons) with several textbooks to guide you.It only has a few glitches e.g it was written and designed as far back as 1940s so some terms may not be modern e.g "it uses fraulein" to represent "miss".apparently that word is now offensive.Well,i wish you goodluck in your learning process.
thanks so much God bless
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2020
Danielhouston:
Over the next couple of days, I’ll talk about the dungeon life of Berlin. We’ll dive deep into the night life, sexcapades and sodomy that goes on in Berlin. Some of these stories will have you jumping. The graphic image of what you’ll read here, may leave you unable to eat for days. Be warned.

We're waiting anxiously bro. Anybody wey try rubbish go hear am. cool
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
SaintHilary:
Yesterday, a friend of mine who just moved in from Ibadan wanted to get an apartment somewhere around my area in Lekki>>

>>I called my agent and we set out for inspections Immediately, we got to a particular property and while at the gate, the agent called the landlord of the apartment (the security said he had to call b4 we could go in)

>>Agent calls landlord and puts phone on speaker, after some usual questions the landlord then asks, What tribe is your Client >> Agent Replies >> He's Yoruba Sir>> Landlord Responds >> I don't want a Yoruba person In my property and ends the call.

>>I could see the shock on the agents face and the disappointment on my guys face. Then I just thought about Nairaland travel section for Obvious reasons which we all know.

You should be banned for using this font. You wanna blind us?

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
Danielhouston:

Yaaaas lawd. Contents I signed for.
Bring the LGBT stories. Phuck you all homophobes.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
flyingpig:
Bring it on Bitch cheesy
Hi pig
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by SaintHilary(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
vhuqnl:

You should be banned for using this font. You wanna blind us?
I'm not the cause of your short sightedness

7 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Goodman247: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
flyingpig:
Bring it on Bitch cheesy
why using the word bitch, modify it fast

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
Goodman247:
why using the word bitch, modify it fast
na joke na grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by flyingpig: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
vhuqnl:

Hi pig
hi nl wink
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 4:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by vhuqnl(m): 4:36am On Jul 31, 2020
SaintHilary:

I'm not the cause of your short sightedness
Biatch

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.