Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (158974 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 26, 2020
Odingo1:

My guy calm down, this is a public forum and in this Kind of Place some people drive joy in running people down. If you leave the forum because of some people, you might not have a strong will to handle a leadership position tomorrow. Take this as part of training, what of if you are a leader and be facing all manner jabs then you will resign immediately. Hate will always be there.

I’m sorry but this is not the same thing. I am a team leader at work and people treat each other with respect, even when they don’t like you. You cannot call your colleague Hitler or use vile words against someone at work. I am not the president of a country, to say I can ignore the jabs thrown at me and continue my leadership. I am actually here. I can see the insults and I am a human being.

I know you guys are enjoying this thread and you want me to keep writing, but it is improper to keep telling me to harden up and “ignore the haters”, while I keep writing for you. I have emphasized the importance of mental health on this thread. I have ignored many things and I was going to keep ignoring but now, things have gone too far.
Hate will always be there, but I have a choice on whether or not to tolerate it. This time I am choosing happiness.

27 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Finiks: 1:07am On Aug 26, 2020
Odingo1:

I have live in Germany for 5 years. Traverse nook and cranny of Germany. Have not seen a black doctor in Germany or black lecturer. Others might have seen but the truth is that they are very few.

Well, I haven't been in Germany yet but there was a YouTube video my would-be university posted on their page and the only lecturer shown throughout the video was black. How about that?

I attached a picture below. And just like you said, being few doesn't mean they don't exist at all.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Finiks: 1:10am On Aug 26, 2020
The image I attached isn't showing.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by IchBinBrait(m): 1:17am On Aug 26, 2020
Finiks:
The image I attached isn't showing.

You sure the image quality isn't too low..?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 1:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Finiks:

Well, I haven't been in Germany yet but there was a YouTube video my would-be university posted on their page and the only lecturer shown throughout the video was black. How about that?

I attached a picture below. And just like you said, being few doesn't mean they don't exist at all.
They exist but few, we don rugged for this hustling ground for germo oo,5yrs + on ground nobi beans,leave YouTube matter guy, Germany nobi UK, blacks are still finding their level for Germany. The main reason is that Germany did not colonize many country in Africa, the little they have was taken away from them after the Second World War. So they are not used to blacks and blacks don’t also have a first hand knowledge of their language like French, English,Spanish, Portuguese and Italian languages.

Your would be university might be using the video as a marketing strategy to target African students, they will also be using Asia person to target Asia market.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by emeka55: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Odingo1:

My guy calm down, this is a public forum and in this Kind of Place some people drive joy in running people down. If you leave the forum because of some people, you might not have a strong will to handle a leadership position tomorrow. Take this as part of training, what of if you are a leader and be facing all manner jabs then you will resign immediately. Hate will always be there.

Take toxicity and negativity as part of training? Some of u have lost your sense of morals. You really think Nairaland is part of everybody’s lives. So accepting the nonsense and fighting and hatred on Nairaland is what shapes someone to become a good leader in real life??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by TopeQs: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:

I’m sorry but this is not the same thing. I am a team leader at work and people treat each other with respect, even when they don’t like you. You cannot call your colleague Hitler or use vile words against someone at work. I am not the president of a country, to say I can ignore the jabs thrown at me and continue my leadership. I am actually here. I can see the insults and I am a human being.

I know you guys are enjoying this thread and you want me to keep writing, but it is improper to keep telling me to harden up and “ignore the haters”, while I keep writing for you. I have emphasized the importance of mental health on this thread. I have ignored many things and I was going to keep ignoring but now, things have gone too far.
Hate will always be there, but I have a choice on whether or not to tolerate it. This time I am choosing happiness.

Daniel, hi.

I know no one can tell you what to do but I want to beg you, please leave.

yes, for your mental health, as someone who have had to go through mental and emotional issues for a while, I understand a little bit of what you may be going through.

I only follow you, if you notice, I get to see your new update without necessarily entering the thread, all that was just to avoid the drama on the thread, I stay away from toxicity as much as possible.

please, I'm sure many people have learnt a lot about Germany, first hand information, I think that should be enough.
if you really wish to document your story, try to open a blog, a private one, that way you can save your story for life.

I really commend you, a part of me wishes you to stay but that will be very selfish. I hate toxic people, I hate drama, I run away from it and my life has been very peaceful. There's so much hate for successful people, please just stay around your friends, trust me, nairaland is not worth your stress. there are thread for German schools, lives and stuff, there's also google for serious minded folks to make a good research.

I really feel hurt by your last few post and your back and forth with a guy, I really feel it. I don't know where you are but I support you. You deserve the very best as you only mean well, unfortunately, many people don't mean well.

please, take this seriously, just delete your account and move on. Trust me, nairaland isn't going to change, end of the year is too long if you want to end this toxic atmosphere.

Remember, at first, you didn't reply then it got too much to ignore. That's how such person will drag you to his level and you might be tempted to fight dirty.

This is just a suggestion, you can shove it right my a.. I don't mind, I just really feel saddened that you have to go through all that, all because you meant well for your fellow human.

I respect you and wish you better things.

stay blessed Daniel.

added: on a second thought, I think it's possible to unfollow the thread and still post your update. that way, you wouldn't have to be notified of any post on it, except people mention you, which you can always ignore till you move on from this space.

anyway you decide to go, your mental health is most important.
✌️✌️

30 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2020
@danielhouston

Checkout the diary section, you’ll find it a good place to share your stories without undue interruptions.

It seems even the mods are in support of this derailment.

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2020
Nairaland is just a reflection of how Nigerians think and act - Every part of the country there is just hate.

Well personally I don't take anything negativity here serious, neither is it mandatory to reply a mention.

What I will advise danielhouston, that is if you decide to stay. Then move to the dairy section of nairaland, it is in such a way that, no body can interrupt you nor quote any part of the thread just like how Mrs*C143 is doing writing about her experience in Canada.

You can read her experience here https://www.nairaland.com/4304557/chronicles-canadian-immigrant

There are hundreds of people who are enjoying your writing, so please reconsider.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by seankafor(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:
This is a hard one but I think I’ll be staying away from this forum. The toxicity and hate is incomprehensible. I cannot believe that someone referred to me as Hitler. He posted a picture of Hitler with the Nazi salute and referred to me as Hitler. I can swallow an insult and I don’t care for anything else people say about me, but Hitler?
Even my friends read it and were so disgusted.

The fact that people liked that comment, makes it even more troubling. You guys have gone too far with the hate. What did I do to deserve so much hate? I only came here to share my experience of life in Germany and I always acknowledged everyone that contributed to the thread. I am not gaining anything from this. I have a peaceful life and I don’t have to deal with this.

If people understand what it means to refer to a living person as Hitler. As a black man who lives in Germany and still suffers the impact of Hitler’s legacy, this is beyond disgusting. It is a serious crime and one of the most gruesome things you can reduce someone to. Read up on Hitler’s legacy and imagine how someone would show up here and refer to me as Hitler with a Nazi salute?

I was away on vacation and came back with joy, only to log into this forum again and experience such hate. I cannot ignore this. I refuse to get used to the toxicity. I cannot change it but I can choose not to be part of it. I will stay away from this forum from today. I will only come here when I have pictures to post, then I post the pictures and log out until the year ends.
brother man.. you re too soft hearted for a Nigerian? I wonder if you grew up with the harsh economies of naija... else you wont be here been emotionally depressed on what a fvcker says on a faceless forum.

Oga, if you quit, na u loose oo.. so make I tell you..

You shouldn't be crying like a baby wey dem comot from him mama breast cos of what a fvcker has to say?
That means you cant run for a public position.. you cant even face a harsh and critical environment..

Best thing you do is if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen.. if you think you cant survive in this hostile environment, best bet is to chicken out bro.. deactivate and chicken out (which I don't think you should even do by the way).

We all have our lives we live outside here... nobody feeds off here unless peeps doing business here.

It's a hostile environment out here..not many here are gentlemen.. so you know

13 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2020
seankafor:
brother man.. you re too soft hearted for a Nigerian? I wonder if you grew up with the harsh economies of naija... else you wont be here been emotionally depressed on what a fvcker says on a faceless forum.

You shouldn't be crying like a baby wey dem comot from him mama breast cos of what a fvcker has to say?
That means you cant run for a public position.. you cant even face a harsh and critical environment..

Best thing you do is if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen.. if you think you cant survive in this hostile environment, best bet is to chicken out bro.. deactivate and chicken out (which I don't think you should even do by the way).

We all have our lives we live outside here... nobody feeds off here unless peeps doing business here.

I can’t believe you just wrote this. Some of you are showing your true colors. What am I losing exactly? Not being on Nairaland? Smh

11 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2020
TopeQs:

Daniel, hi.

I know no one can tell you what to do but I want to beg you, please leave.

yes, for your mental health, as someone who have had to go through mental and emotional issues for a while, I understand a little bit of what you may be going through.

I only follow you, if you notice, I get to see your new update without necessarily entering the thread, all that was just to avoid the drama on the thread, I stay away from toxicity as much as possible.

please, I'm sure many people have learnt a lot about Germany, first hand information, I think that should be enough.
if you really wish to document your story, try to open a blog, a private one, that way you can save your story for life.

I really commend you, a part of me wishes you to stay but that will be very selfish. I hate toxic people, I hate drama, I run away from it and my life has been very peaceful. There's so much hate for successful people, please just stay around your friends, trust me, nairaland is not worth your stress. there are thread for German schools, lives and stuff, there's also google for serious minded folks to make a good research.

I really feel hurt by your last few post and your back and forth with a guy, I really feel it. I don't know where you are but I support you. You deserve the very best as you only mean well, unfortunately, many people don't mean well.

please, take this seriously, just delete your account and move on. Trust me, nairaland isn't going to change, end of the year is too long if you want to end this toxic atmosphere.

Remember, at first, you didn't reply then it got too much to ignore. That's how such person will drag you to his level and you might be tempted to fight dirty.

This is just a suggestion, you can shove it right my a.. I don't mind, I just really feel saddened that you have to go through all that, all because you meant for your fellow human.

I respect you and wish you better things.

stay blessed Daniel.

added: on a second thought, I think it's possible to unfollow the thread and still post your update. that way, you wouldn't have to be notified of any post on it, except people mention you, which you can always ignore till you move on from this space.

anyway you decide to go, your mental health is the most important.
✌️✌️

Thanks for this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Deffjam: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2020
Justwise is really trying but i just dont understand why he turned deaf ears to some certain things.

seun i cannot believe you allowed that dude to compare some1 with the late hitler we all knw that alone can tarnish some1's image. Because even though it is faceless to us here, it is not faceless to his friends in germany.

we already lost munichlover please let not lost danail.

have been on nairaland since 013 it has always been like dix.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by encryptjay(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Hey Dan, try to operate in this place at your on convenience. Let no one deter you from the vision/aim you had for this thread.
Every Nairaland thread tends to have heated exchanges at some point. Yes, it's devastating seeing some posts lambasting you indirectly, it's always going to come. You took some time to study/observe the forum so you know this. It's good you're operating anonymously, don't put too much thoughts on anonymous users who attack you, keep running your thing.
You've been through worst experience outside this place. I've left some WhatsApp groups due to toxicity, I've cried and pondered about certain things due to cyber bullying and what have you so a good mental state is vital.
I use your thread and other lovely threads in this section to clear my head. Even things wey dey happen for naija no dey make person reason well.
I strongly feel your mature views, contribution and perception about things and life in general is needed here (this forum).
Just scrutinize things, stay balanced, no stress yourself, you only live once.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DAramis: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:

Hate will always be there, but I have a choice on whether or not to tolerate it. This time I am choosing happiness

At the bolded is very important whether online or offline. Let the fellow keep his hate while you keep your happiness.

Thanks for your exposition on Germany so far. Wishing you the best in your future endeavour. Hopefully, in the nearer future, I might meet with you (if it is convenient for you) if you are still in Germany.

Signing off and out of the thread.

Over and out.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Joohan: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:

Thanks for this.

Thanks for everything you've done on this thread. I'll be selfish if I tell you to stay in this toxic place. Someone even went as far as using Adolf Hitler's picture. it's fvcking saddening.

Bro, do everything to protect your mental health. I know this thread won't die due to the resources you've invested into it. It's a go-to place for me everyday to distract me from my pains. Thanks for being my anaesthesia.

Suggestion: You can move this thread to the diary section where you can do what you want without interruption.

@Afromentalist, you're fvcking shameless. You refer yourself as an adult and act like a toddler. I know this is the only place you get we kind of relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2020
seankafor:

This message is exactly what I want to pass to him in a softer way. Maybe he is a mummy’s boy in Nigeria before he travel out of Naija.The guy never jam. Getting so worked up by unknown people that you don’t know. Nawao oo.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by seankafor(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2020
Odingo1:

This message is exactly what I want to pass to him in a softer way. Maybe he is a mummy’s boy in Nigeria before he travel out of Naija.The guy never jam. Getting so worked up by unknown people that you don’t know. Nawao oo.
I cant just imagine, maybe all the talks about growing up in the streets and all harshness before he left were just audio.

Cant imagine a Nigerian that has been in Nigeria giving a fvck on what a fvck nigga gotta say..

Maybe it's time to take his messages with a pinch of salt..
Damn..nothing man no go see for faceless forum

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by janettee(f): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:
This is a hard one but I think I’ll be staying away from this forum. The toxicity and hate is incomprehensible. I cannot believe that someone referred to me as Hitler. He posted a picture of Hitler with the Nazi salute and referred to me as Hitler. I can swallow an insult and I don’t care for anything else people say about me, but Hitler?
Even my friends read it and were so disgusted.

The fact that people liked that comment, makes it even more troubling. You guys have gone too far with the hate. What did I do to deserve so much hate? I only came here to share my experience of life in Germany and I always acknowledged everyone that contributed to the thread. I am not gaining anything from this. I have a peaceful life and I don’t have to deal with this.

If people understand what it means to refer to a living person as Hitler. As a black man who lives in Germany and still suffers the impact of Hitler’s legacy, this is beyond disgusting. It is a serious crime and one of the most gruesome things you can reduce someone to. Read up on Hitler’s legacy and imagine how someone would show up here and refer to me as Hitler with a Nazi salute?

I was away on vacation and came back with joy, only to log into this forum again and experience such hate. I cannot ignore this. I refuse to get used to the toxicity. I cannot change it but I can choose not to be part of it. I will stay away from this forum from today. I will only come here when I have pictures to post, then I post the pictures and log out until the year ends.

I think it's best you stay away. You have done more than enough and don't deserve the hate here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / My Monthly Savings In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.