Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) (94552 Views)

In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ / In The Billionaire's Bed By Wunmiade16 Is A Plagiarized Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
skubido:
I dey gbaduu Susan, like seriously. Like as she no dey carry last..

Oya make d gbege start...

Thanks for the update
You welcome
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ann2012:
Susan is the kind of babe I like smiley

Thanks for the update
You welcome
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Khriztarl:
When my mum say 'some people are Characters', I look at susan and see fact in that statement. cheesy
Loving the turn out of things.
hope you're very well now @silver1996. Don't forget to get tested if things get though. Wishing you good health bro.
Thanks dear..I'm okay now
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
purity23:
Susan pls handle Samuel for me

Thanks for the update
You welcome dear
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
sly12345:
Why do I have this feeling that Susan will die undecided

Get well soon silver
Thanks
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
enirock:
In an eerie voice, "so this is how we are going to start... u thief"? When I was little, we will say gan gan.

Silver abeg nor sick. Thanks for the updates. Hope you're better now?
I'm okay now, thanks
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
Debbylicious:
It's really been long i came here, i miss every character in this story especially Susan

Silver you're doing well.

Thank you
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Gbest90:
Been away for a while.... and I must say I wasn't dissapointed at all.

U got me glued.

Nxt plz!

Welcome back
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Gbest90(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Silver1996:
Welcome back

Thanks a lot sir. Ur doing an amazing job.

I really feel for Anita. But seriously, like Henry stated in this episode, is there no law against plagiarism?

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by shakibell(f): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ann2012(f): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
I'll also pass Anita's video around grin say NO to plagiarism!!!

Thanks for the update Boss

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Adekunlated: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
I so much love Susan, I need a friend like her.

Samuel get ready to suffer the consequences of your action, useless someone.

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
'Say no to palgiarism.'

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Debbylicious(f): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
I really feel for Anita.. Samuel get ready, the storm is brewing
Silver promise us no matter what happens, nobody will die in this story If anybody deserves death here, it's Samuel

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by KaideeGee(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dis one go hot oh suspense already loading Boss Silver wehdone

#SayNoToPlagiarism

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by purity23(f): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
Let's go baby, Samuel must return our money, after that he'll pay

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ibroslank(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
good 1 silver

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Thebigdream: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
You're doing well silver.

#SAYNOTOPLAGIARISM

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by skubido(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2020
Samuel most vomit everything ooo

SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by egwolopretty: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
God will punish this Samuel o, I can't wait for Anita to take all the money from him

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 2:13am On Jul 11, 2020
Thank God you are stronger now and thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by binsanni(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
being a ghost reader is not good

nice job man

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by JerryOJerry6429: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2020
Gbest90:

Thanks a lot sir. Ur doing an amazing job.

I really feel for Anita. But seriously, like Henry stated in this episode, is there no law against plagiarism?
I don't think there is

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Gbest90(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2020
JerryOJerry6429:
I don't think there is
Too bad if there isn't. But what are copyright laws meant for.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
PLAGIARIZED
EPISODE 13
EPISODE TITLE- You must be kidding me....

48 HOURS LATER

Festus doubled over, the shock almost making him stumbled on the floor, the lack of breathe kept him incapacitated for a second before he pushed the room door open.....

"Samuel.."He blare out almost colliding his foot with a suitcase....

Samuel's heart skipped as he jumped up from the bed, his phone falling from his hand in the process....

"See this.."Festus said aloud playing the video on his phone..

Samuel adjust himself, his eyes popping and heart heaving heavily as if there wasn't enough air in the room, as he watch the video, he felt a tightness in his throat, his lungs feel as elastic as old underpants, just sagging instead of contracting for the next breath...., the revelation in the video making his breathe short like his body muscles were trying to give up the fight...

"I told you it's her Samuel, I told you she's going to ruin you..."Festus pants as Samuel trot towards the window of his room the moment the video ended....

"This video is now viral Samuel.."Festus added forcefully stopping the video as it replayed on it's own...."And people are already starting to believe her...."

Samuel turn to face him but too slow to be normal, his limbs move as if some inexperienced person is controlling them remotely and his eyes are wide, looking right at Festus, but not really....., he was limping, the gait that was smooth only this morning was now faltering and uneven....., the shock from the video was still scrambled all over him snatching his ability to think...

"Samuel say something, this video is getting viral..., what if this comes back to us.."

Samuel sniffle trying hard not to let the video bother him but the more he tries, the more it digs its claws into him.., he thought he was strong.., he made up his mind after he won never to be bothered by the after consequences of his actions but now he guess been strong is not just enough not when his image is at stake.....

"Where do you think this video will lead to..?"Samuel ask, his voice calm than he anticipated..

"The video has gone viral Samuel.."Festus riposte, his voice raising a bit..."Don't you know what viral means..?"

"I know.."Samuel replied sharply getting a bit paranoid...."Well the truth is I'm not even bothered.., we both know this was going to happen...."

"What if this ruins everything....?"

"It'll ruin nothing.. "Samuel said before he sniff.. "Look, I already have the money, whatever she said in that video is totally her business..."

Festus inhale deeply before he relaxed his jelly curled hair with his palm...."I don't like the feeling I'm having.."

Samuel's eyes burrowed into his before he turn them towards the curtains again....

"And stop acting like this isn't a big deal.."Festus added when he got no reply..

Samuel grunts, Festus words getting in his nerves more than the video..."I'm acting like it's not a big deal because it's not a big deal.."

"Aren't you going to reply them...?"

"No.."Samuel replied turning back to look at him..."Replying to the video will look like I'm trying to defend myself..., I'm not doing that shit..."

"Some people are already starting to believe you stole the story man, you can't just let this video slide.., if you do that, people are going to shade you.."

"Then let them throw shades.., everyone in this country is entitled to his own opinion..., if they believe I stole the story, it's their own fùcking beeswax..."

"You're not getting the picture Samuel.., this could become a big deal..."

"If it becomes that, it's my problem not yours.., stop acting like you're the one who won..."

Festus gritted...'I'm just concerned.."

"Well unconcern yourself.., the headache doesn't suit you... "

"I'm your friend Samuel.., we're more like brothers, if you're hurt I'm hurt, so stop fùcking acting like you've been alone from the start..."

Samuel brows furrowed, every time Festus opened his mouth it made him angrier....."Fine you've made your point.."He said swallowing his retort...

"This is serious Samuel..."

Samuel exhale, irritation almost making him snap...."Can you stop.., I'm really trying here not to let whatever that idiot said in that video bother me.."

"You ought to be bothered man.., you need to take this as serious as it is.."

Samuel turn away, every word stung only fueled the fire gathering up inside him.., he was about turning to face Festus again when his phone rang.., he ignored him and walk towards the phone only to be shocked and drew aback by the caller..., he glance at Festus with open mouth all the while wondering why the caller was reaching out to him, just then it occured to him.., he must have seen the video, they must have seen the video....

"What is it..?"Festus ask curiously noticing the change in expression in Samuel's face...

"Mr Smith.."Samuel said..."One of the board member from makos...."

"Oh God...!, he must have seen the video.."

Samuel breathes came out ragged and harsh, now he was terrified, even if he had beseeched himself that it was just a video and couldn't possibly harm him or his riches in anyway.., the singular act of a call from one of the board members made him shudder..., he took a moment to breathe but when it proved futile, he answered the call without further hesitation...

"Hello..."He said trying hard to hide his shocked state and making his face into anything that looks friendly..

"What is this Samuel...?"The caller, Mr Smith agitated voice sounded from the other end.."What the hell is going on..?"

Samuel's brain stutters for a moment and his eyes take in more light than he expected, every part of him goes on pause while his thoughts catch up. After a wash of cold, he stepped out from his quandary, sneak in a little air before he opened his mouth to talk..."I don't understand sir.."

"What do you mean you don't understand...."Mr Smith's voice rumbled loud.."Who's this Anita girl that claims you plagiarised her story...?"

Samuel's mouth froze and his stomach suddenly churned from shock, he realise his hand was becoming unable to hold his phone as his fingers were jumping rhythmically, as if in spasm....."Sir.."He mutter trying to maintain his composure or atleast keep his shaking voice in place..."I'm as shocked as you are sir.., I just watched the video, I don't know who she is..."

"You don't know who she is...!"Mr Smith reiterated..."Are you aware of the documents you signed the day you were rewarded.. ?"

Samuel's face suddenly faster than a corpse. In that instant his skin became greyed, his mouth hung with lips slightly parted and his eyes were as wide as they could stretch...., his head quickly brood over that day, he was handed the documents to sign but because his excitement of been a proud winner of millions of naira was radiating from him stronger than a hundred watt bulb, he didn't read any of them.......how could he be so stupid not to read what he was given before he signed...

"The documents you were given plainly stated if your story is discovered to have even an atom of plagiarism, the company has the right to withdraw everything it offered you..."Mr Smith said...

"Everything..!"Samuel reiterated sharply

"Yes everything, that includes the money and the house and this will be carried out with proper legal terms..."

The shock rendered Samuel speechless as the enormity of it sent him reeling backwards with his phone almost falling from his grip...

"Samuel.."Mr Smith voice came again..

With his face stuck in an incredulous expression, Samuel revert his unblinking stare to Festus before he jolt out of his temporarily incapacitated state......

"Samuel.."Mr Smith called out from the other end again..

"I'm still here sir..."

"I want you to be honest with me..."Mr Smith said.."Did you plagiarised that girl's story..?"

For a second, Samuel just left the question hanging in the air, he was more concern about Mr Smith earliest statement.., everything will be taking from him..everything.....

"No sir.."He said regaining his fierce composure...."I wrote the story myself, this girl whoever she is is trying to defame me but I swear to you sir.., I'll get to the bottom of this.., whatever trick she's trying to play, I'll handle it.."

"Whatever you have to do to quench the heat this will bring to you.., you better do it fast mr Samuel..., the board will soon start their own investigation..., we have a reputation to keep, so handle this issue before we handle it ourselves..."

Samuel swallow forcefully but before he could say another word, the call beep then it ended....
Samuel shudder as his shoulders hunched together like he was trying to disappear inside himself.., right at that moment, his anger aroused from inside him, and he quickly responded to the burning animosity inside him in a form of a loud uproar.., then he pounced on the pillow and bedspread throwing everything in front of him against the wall....

"Calm down man.., what did he say..?"Festus ask anxiously

"I'm not taking this anymore.."Samuel sneer then there came the struts, the spits and uncontrollable rage....."I'm not loosing anything to anyone especially that useless girl from the pit of hell..."

"What did he say..?"

"He said they're going to take everything if they find out the story was plagiarised .., they'll take everything Festus.., the money, the house, every dine, they'll take it away.."

"How is that even possible.., you've been rewarded, they have no right.."

"They do.."Samuel stated exasperation.."I signed a document I didn't even read.., it was stated there...."

"You didn't read it. , if taken to court, you can argue it.., you signed under excitement..."

"Do you even think.."Samuel yelled..."How do you intend to fight with those people..., you should be giving me ideas on how to stop that video from spreading further..."

"We can't stop it, it's social media..."

"I'm loosing it Festus.. "Samuel hollered...."That girl isn't going to be the reason I lose everything.., I've come too far to lose it all now..., we need to stop that girl.."

"How.., we don't even know where she stays.."

"Then find her address..., find anything that can take us to her.., we need to shut her mouth before everything goes to hell..."

"Should we kill her..?"Festus asked

Samuel's eyes went wide...."Jesus christ.."

TBC

Sorry for the late update....

8 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ann2012:
I'll also pass Anita's video around grin say NO to plagiarism!!!

Thanks for the update Boss
You welcome dear

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
Adekunlated:
I so much love Susan, I need a friend like her.

Samuel get ready to suffer the consequences of your action, useless someone.

Thanks for the update
You welcome
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ibroslank:
good 1 silver
boss himself
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
purity23:
Let's go baby, Samuel must return our money, after that he'll pay

Thanks for the update
Welcome dear
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
skubido:
Samuel most vomit everything ooo

SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM

Thanks for the update
Welcome brother
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
enirock:
Thank God you are stronger now and thanks for the update.
You welcome
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
binsanni:
being a ghost reader is not good

nice job man
You welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply)

Generation To Generations... / The Silent Lover / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.