Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires (27045 Views)

Get Vaccinated Or Be Barred From Office, Osun Tells Civil Servants / We Can’t Pay March Salary In Full - Kano Tells Civil Servants / APC Is The One Owing You Salaries, Not Me – Ortom Tells Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Ajibel(m): 9:17pm On May 03, 2020
…Markets to open for three days weekly in alternation

…Governor releases numbers for whistleblowers to report erring companies

The five-week lockdown imposed by the Federal Government on Lagos State and two other states to combat Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) will be eased on Monday (tomorrow), but Lagos State Government has asked all its civil servants not to resume for work immediately.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, in a briefing on Sunday at the State House in Marina, said the delayed resumption of the State’s workforce is a deliberate attempt to prevent a development that may lead to a crowding of people on the roads and public places.

Only emergency workers and those on essential duties will be allowed to work on Monday, the Governor said.

Sanwo-Olu said the State’s civil service offices would be re-opened for business on Tuesday, but only officers from Grade Level 15 and above would be required to be in the office. If any junior-ranked officer must be at work, the Governor said the Accounting Officer of the Ministry must give clearance to the officer.

Sanwo-Olu said: “In amending the work guidelines earlier issued, which stopped members of the public service from Grade Level 1 to 12 from going to work; we have had to review this position and we are extending the directive to all civil servants, regardless of level. All civil servants must stay away from work on Monday.

“On Tuesday, only officers from Grade Level 15 and above have express permission to come to work. All other essential officers that may need to be at work will be informed by the Accounting Officer of each Ministry as may be required.

“From Monday on, there will be curfew from 8pm to 6am and all movement within these hours are prohibited, except for people on essential services, which are agro-products, petroleum products, relief materials and food supplies.

“We want to use this as a demonstration of our commitment to gradual easing of the lockdown. We do not want people to rush out tomorrow and see the easing of the lockdown as an attempt to believe that the spread of the pandemic is all over.”

As part of the moves by the State Government to prevent crowding in public places, the Governor directed all markets to open for three days weekly in alternation. Food markets across the State are to be opened only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9am to 3pm.

Non-food markets, Sanwo-Olu directed, shall only open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays within the stipulated hours. He said all traders must put on face mask and provide hand sanitizers in their markets.

It is compulsory for any resident that must be in public places to face mask, the Governor said.

Also, banks and other private firms must open businesses with 60 per cent of staff strength, while also operating within the hours of 9am and 3pm. The Governor enjoined the privately-owned companies and manufacturing firms to arrange for the transportation of their essential staff that would be at work.

Gov. Sanwo-Olu, however, extended the operating hours for eateries and restaurants from 9am to 7pm, due to Ramadan fasting. But the Governor said restaurants and eateries must not allow their customers to eat-in. Food must be served food only take-away packs and delivery, Sanwo-Olu directed.

All regulations initiated by the State Government must be strictly adhered to by public and private companies and members of the public, the Governor warned.

He urged members of the public to report any erring company to the Government through the State’s whistleblowing policy. Sanwo-Olu gave out three hotlines through the which whistleblowers can report those flouting the State’s guidelines. The numbers are: 09010513197, 09010513198, 09010513199.

Earlier on Sunday, Gov. Sanwo-Olu held a virtual meeting with 40 traditional rulers and 57 local council chairmen across the State, discussing the State Government’s guidelines on easing the lockdown. The Governor urged monarchs and the council chairmen to disseminate all advocacy messages and guidelines to residents in their domains, stressing that the grassroots must be adequately informed on regulations initiated to ease the lockdown.

“Today, I had a useful discussion with 40 paramount traditional rulers in the State and 57 LGA chairmen. I am satisfied with suggestions coming out of these meetings. It is really about collaborative efforts and using these leaders as champions to disseminate all information and advocacy to the grassroots,” the Governor said.

The Governor allayed the fear of residents on movement, urging them to keep to the hygiene tips. He said the State had opened a dedicated isolation centre for health and emergency workers infected in the line of duty.

Sanwo-Olu said the State will be embarking on aggressive testing in community, noting that the Government had collected 3,000 samples that were yet to be tested due to global shortage of reagent used for molecular testing.

He said: “We have 3,000 samples collected but we have not been able to carry the test because of global shortage of reagent for molecular testing. We are hoping that some of the reagents will be supplied tomorrow and Tuesday.

“We made order for more reagents because of cases we have seen and it would not be out of place to see positive cases in the range of 20 per cent out of the 3,000 samples collected. We are improving the capacity of our isolation facilities in preparation to take care of more patients.”

Starting from Tuesday, the Governor directed the release of all vehicles seized for flouting the lockdown to their owners free of charge. The vehicles in this category include those seized not later than April 14.

Sanwo-Olu said all decisions taken by the State Government were adopted in the belief to protect all residents from the ravaging pandemic.

“We will continue to do our very best and maintain high level of transparency in the disbursement of resources donated towards the fight against COVID-19,” the Governor said.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/05/03/sanwo-olu-delays-resumption-of-civil-servants-as-lockdown-directive-expires/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by omoolorire(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2020
Nice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by NwaNimo1(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2020
Confused puppet rookie governor....

[img]https://media./images/e6d10e214fe6db04e7651e0a7df4faf2/tenor.gif[/img]

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by osamz007: 9:52pm On May 03, 2020
Long talk..

This coro just confuse everybody

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by AgroTrade: 10:18pm On May 03, 2020
Everyone is confused.

I want to go to work but at the same time I don't want to risk my life.

How do I strike an equilibrium here

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Racoon(m): 10:23pm On May 03, 2020
I am not in support of relaxing this lockdown because we are in the period of community transmission with super spreader still among us.Ask Ghana for further details.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by merit455(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by cdyfoundation(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by judecares1(m): 11:30pm On May 03, 2020
This Pontius Pilate again?

Keep confusing yourself
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by puremaker7(m): 11:57pm On May 03, 2020

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Ajibel(m): 4:03am On May 04, 2020
Racoon:
I am not in support of relaxing this lockdown because we are in the period of community transmission with super spreader still among us.Ask Ghana for further details.

Well, it's not been an easy decision to make, I don't envy the difficult position the governor is in right now. The government is already feeling the brunt of economic lockdown and feel there needs to be a balance with a gradual reopening of economic activities. Also, the state government is under pressure from the private sector who have been counting their losses and who are majorly the drivers of the state economy; a sustained lockdown could collapse the economy so a gradual easing of the lockdown with stringent measures put in place to avoid a second wave is welcome. But if things go south, ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Nobody: 4:04am On May 04, 2020
Very good of you sir

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Ajibel(m): 4:04am On May 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:

Far better than your favorite non-confused, non-puppet and non-rookie gofnor tongue

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Ajibel(m): 4:06am On May 04, 2020
AgroTrade:
Everyone is confused.

Follow all the necessary precautions released by LASG and hope where you work to do same and you'll be fine sir (hopefully) smiley

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Appswheel(m): 5:32am On May 04, 2020
D
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by richard870(m): 5:32am On May 04, 2020
AgroTrade:
Everyone is confused.

Get to work then go back home grin

17 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by nehis234(m): 5:33am On May 04, 2020
I repeat, watch how the cases will increase all over the country in the coming weeks.

Lifting the lockdown is not an issue, can Nigerians observe proper sanitary and social distancing directives to ensure safety? In Lagos, for example, to enter the bus in areas such as Idumota and CMS you must come in contact with other people.

At the rate of community transmission already taking place in Kano, I would expect that the government would be hesitant with relaxing the lockdown all over the country.

But then, we don't have a functioning government, what we have are people in power.

It is all man for himself. If you can stay at home, please do. If you can't, try and protect yourself like your life depended on it because it does.

God Bless All of Us

And

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Wantedmiller: 5:34am On May 04, 2020
People want Lockdown lifted........Today is the day!
Go out there........becareful

COVID 19 is real..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by emmabest2000(m): 5:34am On May 04, 2020
Deaths rolls are going higher than people expect

If it continues like this

By this month ending it will rise to 1000 or more

God is our only hope

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Movicq(m): 5:35am On May 04, 2020
Weytin i go evn type sef

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by ymdo(m): 5:35am On May 04, 2020
AgroTrade:
Everyone is confused.

Stand up and go to work. When you reach half way, turn back and go home.

QED

13 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Nathphil(m): 5:37am On May 04, 2020
NwaNimo1:

He is very confused and has managed to contain the spread of Corona virus in lagos. Something must be wrong with ungrateful ingredients like you. The man is been careful and he is right.

15 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by TruthSpeaker: 5:38am On May 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39am On May 04, 2020
CORONAVIRUS IS REAL!!!

This is coming from some of us @[color=#006600][/color],
that are first responders and at the fore front of it all.
God's able protection is all we pray for daily for everyone here.

Stay safe y'all!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by yusman493(m): 5:40am On May 04, 2020
Ikeja electric not resuming until May 11th.... Stay safe# Stay Home

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Nobody: 5:40am On May 04, 2020
When will people not troop out?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by toffyz(m): 5:40am On May 04, 2020
Mtchew....Who tell you say they wan resume before.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Openbusiness: 5:42am On May 04, 2020
Is history about to repeat itself? Some people from infected countries abroad unknowingly brought the virus to people in Nigeria who had never even been to airport or seen visa before in their lives. Now some people in Nigeria going to work will bring the virus home to infect their families. Is that private company worth dying for? Private companies will replace any staff that dies, they don't care they will move on almost immediately. Money lost can be replaced but can a life lost be replaced? The government knows what we don't know and that's why you see how they are keeping their workers at home, not because they like or love their workers but because they understand that those workers have access to them and if they get infected then it won't be long for even the governor to get infected. Before you rush out today to risk your live for a private company that doesn't care about your life, ask yourself if I get coronavirus and die because I went to resume work for this company, how many millions of naira will they pay your family for the sacrifice you made for them? I won't advice anyone whether to go out or not, but what I'm saying is before you make a hasty decision, think about the safety and welfare of your family too, especially those of you who are breadwinners. May God help us all.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by Nobody: 5:42am On May 04, 2020
post=89161607:
CORONAVIRUS IS REAL!!!

This is coming from some of us @[color=#006600][/color],
that are first responders.

Stay safe y'all!
Lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by joelag: 5:42am On May 04, 2020
This is more reasonable than the Buhari confusing guidelines from Abuja.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On May 04, 2020
NewBea:
Lol
Hello bae....... in Falz's voice tongue

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tells Civil Servants Not To Resume As Lockdown Directive Expires by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45am On May 04, 2020
joelag:
This is more reasonable than the Buhari confusing guidelines from Abuja.
You go wail till 2096 ur neck go long, that is your President and the President of everyone in your family till 2023.

Fact of Life!! tongue tongue tongue

Now, Gbe body eeee cool

6 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Oyo Amotekun Operatives In intensive Care After Clash With Hoodlums / Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha / "Stop Exploiting Buhari’s Ill Health" - Northern Group Tells Yoruba Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.