Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations (61774 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / Wells Carlton Hotel Spotlights Ezenwoye, Others For Exceptional Service Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Afro3: 9:51pm On May 03, 2020
The Luxurious and exceptionally elegant hospitality edifice, noticed from afar for its magnifying architectural designs, "The Wells Carlton Luxury Hotels and Apartments" may have alledgely layedoff about 200members of its staff, as a the result of the operational challenges it seem to be facing from the threats created by the recent novel coronavirus pandemic.

The management decision according to an inside report was in view of the low patronage which has led to low financial returns on the Apartments' investments, as well as the high cost of the facility maintenance, which is practically higher than the generated profit. However, the entire reasons behind the layoffs was premised on the lockdown directives in the FCT by Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC).

However, the layoff made by Wells Carlton Luxury Hotels and Apartments seem to be against the directive of the Federal Government which had earlier mandated employers to obtain FG clearance before any form of workers layoff. The directives also noted that FG was already in talks with employers, with critical considerations on labour standards as benchmarks for social and employment protections at this time of vulnerabilities. The minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr. Chris Ngige buttressed on this directive on May 1st, commemorating the Workers Day Celebration.

This policy was one amongst many other reasons that made Access Bank to deny ever laying any of its workers, as provisions were already being made by the Presidential Economic Sustainability Council on job protection and eventual job creation. This may also be a legal premise upon which the layedoff Members of staff of the Wells Carlton hotels could cry-out injustice, as they had been sacked without any dialogue.

The 4star luxury hospitality facility, which has hosted distinguished national and international personalities, headline celebrities, Diplomats, notable public figures and high profile individuals in Nigeria and across the world, had on its payroll several efficient professionals in the hospitality sector. Their professional capacity amongst other creativities were amongst the foundational elements that got the Apartments through successful progressions until the sudden outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

Regardless of the alledge 98% staff layoffs, Wells Carlton apartment prior to the novel coronavirus outbreak made a reshuffle of its management team, which was in view of enhancing efficiency, so as to resolve any form of alledged financial misappropriation.

The Wells Carlton Hotel and Luxury Apartments, despite its ongoing in-house challenges did also receive an award at the 2019 Nigeria Entrepreneur Awards, which was held in Lagos recently. The luxury edifice stands out amongst several hospitality facilities in Nigeria and Africa, with a magnificent hillside view, with over 55 elegant bespoke rooms and Deluxe Suites, a Conference Centre ideal for private meetings and corporate events, a Roof-Top Terrace that offers a transcendent view of the Federal Capital Territory, allowing guests an elevated experience and a secluded ambience of serenity.

The Wells Carlton Hotel and Apartment is owned by Billionaire Business Man, captain Idahosa Wells Okunbo, amongst other multi million naira business ventures.

https://newsdesk.ng/covid-19-hardship-as-wells-carlton-hotels-allegedly-sack-200-workers-shutdown-apartment/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:55pm On May 03, 2020
The earlier the better. These one now know where they stand so they can quickly improvise. Those who are yet to get the marching order should anticipate it.

Covid-19 has changed so many things for a long time to come. Brace up!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by serverconnect(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2020
Ooh many jobs 3will be lost and investment close down after this pandemic.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by michlins(m): 10:08pm On May 03, 2020
If I survive this 2020, nothing will scare me again in life.

It has been one hell of scary ride for me personally

Modified

To all of you guys who encouraged me to be steadfast, all of you are too numerous to mention. I haven't been this loved since my years on Nairaland. Thanks guys

328 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Discombulator: 4:08pm On May 04, 2020
That's like all of their workers,there should be regulations that oversees things like this especially at this period of time. The government too has obviously decided not to support them,in Europe the government are paying businesses and organizations so that they won't have to sack people to meet up.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2020
grin
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by kerry57: 4:08pm On May 04, 2020
Approval from Govt to lay off staff? Na govt wan pay them? I pity a whole lot of Nigerians that will be affected by these inevitable act by employers. May God make ways in the wilderness for his people. I believe God did that, he is currently doing and will continue to do for his children.
I believe that when a door closes, God had opened another if u can look deeply without momouring. He is always in charge whether u believe or not.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Otunbaileesee(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
This becoming too bad
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by jericco1(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
Please verify the news and don't just post an alleged story here undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Orion01(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
This one na hotel abi na building with shops undecided

5 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by haiti007(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
Nawa oo
When they must have consumed most of their savings during lockdown, only to get back to work on Monday and discovered that that had been laid off.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by NwaNimo1(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2020

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by tammie24: 4:09pm On May 04, 2020
Hard times

This is just the beginning

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Jgoldie: 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
sad
Thank you sir for teaching me how to fish instead of giving me fish,I will eternally grateful to you sir.

Thank you

May God continue to answer your prayers and be with your family.
How would have I coped in this hard timesHow??

Oluwa e ma seun

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by janedonez(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
Every one just hang on a little, very soon. This too shall be over and we shall live happily.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by YorubaKinging: 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
The end is near
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Shezkid01(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
We’ll all survive.. Job security in private organisation is shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by gaby(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
Wow
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by udoka55555: 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
ok
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by PBeni(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2020
Not nice
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Angelfrost(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:
If I survive this 2020, nothing will scare me again in life.

It has been one hell of scary ride for me personally

If you have been living and working in Naija since 2015, nothing should scare you ever in life!!! tongue

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by tammie24: 4:11pm On May 04, 2020
There are businesses that can survive the pandemic and many that can not
That's why it's good to have several businesses so you can continue to make money

Real estate should just forget it
Nobody is buying houses for now

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Youngbucks58(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2020
Coro 2020 for show grin
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On May 04, 2020
Sardauna24, that slowpoke would now start talking Jack........ cheesy
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by jahguide2268(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2020
Wat will now happen to job seekers?
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by lukuboi(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2020
janedonez:
Every one just hang on a little, very soon. This too shall be over and we shall live happily.
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Nowell08: 4:12pm On May 04, 2020
God help us. We go survive this year
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Profbalo: 4:12pm On May 04, 2020
This is serious
TheGiftedOne:
The earlier the better. These one now know where they stand so they can quickly improvise. Those who are yet to get the marching order should anticipate it.

Covid-19 has changed so many things for a long time to come. Brace up!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her / Bopdaddy Challenge: Immigration Suspends Transfer Of Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.