Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging (7662 Views)

8 Classic Ways To Make Money From Blogging / 25 Quotes From Blogging Experts At West Africa Bloggers Conference / Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Orikinla(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2011
The Nigerian bloggers making regular income from blogging are very few.
In fact, they are not up to 10. And less than five of them are full time bloggers.

Any Nigerian blogger who has not made over N5 million from blogging is not making money.

[size=18pt]By making money, I mean, being paid to blog about reports and products and for adverts on your blog or other blogs.[/size]

Only two Nigerian bloggers made over N3 million from their blogs in 2010.
One of them made over N5 million from one blog in 2010 and is the first Nigerian blogger to place a half page advert in major Nigerian daily newspaper for a blog.

If you have more facts on real Nigerian professional bloggers, post them.

1 Like

Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by sekulashe(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
Orikinla,

I totally agree with you. Most Nigerians bloggers don’t make any real money online and it’s a shame cos the online market is quite large and I don’t see why we Nigerians shouldn’t get our own piece of the pie.
Though you have to understand also that there are lots of huddles you’ll have to cross as a Nigerian. Your IP address alone is enough to discourage other internet users from wanting to do business with you.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by kodewrita(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2011
Few of them are making money because only few of them have any thing compelling to say. Owning a blog is not the thing. Having something to say is the thing. Content is king.

1 Like

Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by felucci(m): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2011
@Orikinla, you made an assertion
, the first Nigerian blogger to place a half page advert in major Nigerian daily newspaper for a blog
Yet you have not provided any blog address. Your statement is not that easy to believe
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
The reason why Nigerian bloggers are not making enough money online is because they don't do much advert. The average Nigerian blogger earns from $100 to $200 monthly which is ok or someone trying to make a living in Nigeria but embarassing according to world bloggin standards. I think lack of information and the infrastructural situation in the country is responsible for this.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by 222Martins(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2011
Before you draw a conclusion, remember that Blogging is a business, your profit is directly proportional to your capital invested and marketing effort. To really know the true value of a Blog, i'll prefer to check the percentage return on investment than to check the gross revenue. If you are an entrepreneur or investor, you will know what i'm talking about.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by 222Martins(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2011
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by ogbongzky(m): 1:21am On Dec 27, 2011
I am glad with what am making with my blog every month and optimistic it will keep getting better with time.

Most Nigerian bloggers give up when they money is not rolling in the way they expected, without knowing that blogging is not a get rich quick scheme.

1 Like

Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2011
ogbongzky:

I am glad with what am making with my blog every month and optimistic it will keep getting better with time.

Most Nigerian bloggers give up when they money is not rolling in the way they expected, without knowing that blogging is not a get rich quick scheme.
Most Nigerians do blog or learn website development as a get-rich-quickly scheme.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by goldenval(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
You guys should calm down and stop making noise! Some bloggers I know are really making money and here is one of them, www.youngprepro.com he is 18 years now but making not less than $5000 every month!

Of course am going to include myself, my blog is www.bigmoneyweb.com am making not less than $1500 every month but I decided to launched another website which is www.Justretweet.com which is just a month and 2 weeks old but last month earnings was $689 only.

Thanks and God bless Nigeria.
Valentine
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Revolva(m): 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
pls oo you guys should see my own blog in my signature and try patronise me with adverts
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I think lack of information and the infrastructural situation in the country is responsible for this.
It is well talked about here https://www.nairaland.com/1231073/why-not-making-6-figures

The question now is, does it make sense to spend money advertising a blog people won't read? That is where OP lost it grin

The key here is finding a profitable niche and providing good content.
There are also other contributory factors that makes some bloggers more successful than the others.
One of them is consistency.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
222Martins: Before you draw a conclusion, remember that Blogging is a business, your profit is directly proportional to your capital invested and marketing effort. To really know the true value of a Blog, i'll prefer to check the percentage return on investment than to check the gross revenue. If you are an entrepreneur or investor, you will know what i'm talking about.

I really wonder where you got those statistics, or were they cooked up in the same lab that labelled just only 10 bloggers in Nigeria earning big! And how many bloggers do you actually know, safe the ones that don't know the power of the internet to patronize traditional media for a "full page advert" as you claim. Anyways, which ever may be the case the industry here is a growing one and major brands are just awakening to the possibilities of the new media to which blogging belongs, so the future is indeed bright.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by ibietela2(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
lack of infastruction is one of the cause.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by goodluck2020(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
forums of this type is where ideas about good thinks should be shared not condemnation and abuse.try and encourage people....have been in domain business for sometime now if you are interested get tips on how to make daily cash in domain name business @ http://yorksy-access..com ,what ever question or help you may need will be attended to by experienced domainers see you there.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by tessadoghorgma(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Certainly many of them are making much money. Maybe all of them are not on the same level as Bella Naija and Noble Igwe but they are doing well. They are refusing to stay idle.

For entrepreneurship visit http://www.udookonjo.com and subscribe
For premium real estate visit http://www.fineandcountryng.com

Have fun
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by tessadoghorgma(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
tessadoghor@gma:
Certainly many of them are making much money. Maybe all of them are not on the same level as Bella Naija and Noble Igwe but they are doing well. They are refusing to stay idle.

For entrepreneurship visit http://www.udookonjo.com and subscribe
For premium real estate visit http://www.fineandcountryng.com

Have fun
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
JideTheBlogger: 2011
cheesy. The story has changed since then. I know, You know, We know!!
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by bimdroid(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
i have a blog where you can get Android games http://bimdroid..com
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Timadag(m): 2:54am On Oct 26, 2014
Blogging in Nigeria is now a profession. To assist new generation bloggers. I have just compiled information needed, you will not need to waste your money searching google any further, just enter www.bloggersfreemarket.com and enjoy informative, educative and profitable articles on blogging. But mind you, be careful on what entices you on the sourced sites for I'm not responsible for that, I just want to help!
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Adrianuw(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2015
A lot of bloggers do make money online. I run a blog on dating tips and self improvement for men @ www.alphamalenaija.com and another one for helping people make money online.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Reason is usually lack of focus and persistence!

1 Like

Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by wordpressdony(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
Health, Wealth & Romance are the best niches for blogging.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by ade101(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
This is really funny. Sometimes, I wish I have enough time to educate Nigerians on blogging for money. But let me drop a hint. Read carefully and you will see that many people are making money from blogging, but it's not the way you always thought of it. The most popular blogs are the ones with huge traffic. Therefore, many people think your blog needs huge traffic to be making money, once you are not popular, you ain't making money, that's very wrong. I have many superniched blogs. One of them average between 20-30 daily visits. Hmmmm, how can it be popular with such a low traffic but what if I tell you that I make average of 500k monthly. Well, you don't have to believe me, you only need to learn about content marketing. Anyway, I have created a website for teaching people on how to make money. Don't worry, I'm not sharing the website for now as I'm still writing content. My advice to you is to stop associating popularity of a blog to its earnings. Many people including myself have diversified to using blog as a content marketing media. I recently wrote a topic on how a lawyer blogger called omonile lawyer is using content marketing to make money. Check out http://omonilelawyer.com, I really love how the guy keeps giving how helpful guides on how to avoid scams when buying properties. He's not popular because he's audience are people that are intending to invest in properties. Most of them will end up using his services. You see, he's making money but you won't see people like that come out to tell you that a client who stumbled upon his content just gave him a deal worth millions. The problem with Nigerian bloggers is that they have been mislead by the blogging strategy of Linda ikeji. Let me stop for now, I'm still preparing a well detailed content on the subject.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by mavisjuliet: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello. Thanks for your reply. It was very educative. Please I want to open my own blog. Anyone here who is willing to help should please contact me through my email @ mavisjuliet33@gmail.com.
Re: Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging by Ahumanbeing: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
mavisjuliet:
Hello. Thanks for your reply. It was very educative. Please I want to open my own blog. Anyone here who is willing to help should please contact me through my email @ mavisjuliet33@gmail.com.
Visit https://blogger.com and create a blog, then read and ask questions online. Just search "how to create a blog" ok Google.

(1) (Reply)

E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. / 5 Factors That Make Your Website Stand Out / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.