Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded (78174 Views)

An Overcrowded Street Market In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 04, 2020
afroxyz:

And yet the UK Italy, France have more deaths? grin

Even the number of confirmed cases in Sweden is lower than the recorded deaths in these countries.

I misunderstood you by saying you need to read up. Sorry you need to discern and understand what you read.

Talk like you went to school, Sweden has a popular much much smaller than the UK. Like I said Sweden Is now known as an example of how not to handle the epidemic....read up instead of arguing blindly l.

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by AK481(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2020
as long ad they are masked up,a carrier will have a difficult time to spread it.

because the droplet will not come but but rather stick in his mask and dried up there.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by afroxyz: 1:20pm On May 04, 2020
isthatso:

Talk like you went to school, Sweden has a popular much much smaller than the UK. Like I said Sweden Is now known as an example of how not to handle the epidemic....read up instead of arguing blindly l.

Since your a using ratios your point of reference let's use the number of infections in correlation of the population and then let's see. Demography is not about looking at charts.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Mike4S: 1:23pm On May 04, 2020
They debited me since last Monday. Today, I tried calling their number and it is not going
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by sureteeboy(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:
NCDC will record more than
5,000 cases in the next 2weeks

How many citizens will NCDC test in the next 2 weeks should be the question.
A Country that has tested less than 20,000 of its citizens in almost 3 months doesn't give a damn about them.
Majority will contact the virus from this lockdown ease and will never be tested, while they proceed to transfer it to the rest of their families
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
At least these ones are wearing face-masks, so the risk of transmission is not as high as it would be without the face-masks

Queues have to be managed by security people in order for social distancing to be maintained. There's no excuse for allowing this to happen.
I don't think the few security personnel at the bank branch can handle such crowd
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
afroxyz:

Since your a using ratios your point of reference let's use the number of infections in correlation of the population and then let's see. Demography is not about looking at charts.

I suggest you read what you just wrote over again. Maybe by the time you read it the 100th time you will spot how you just killed your own argument.

Every time you post you dig yourself into a bigger hole. You should have quit when it was pointed out to you that Sweden’s model has failed. Even the Swedes have admitted as much!!!

https://time.com/5817412/sweden-coronavirus/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/04/30/trump-says-sweden-paying-heavily-for-failure-to-lock-down-as-deaths-toll-rise-over-2500/

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/04/30/swed-a30.html
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Sladotun(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2020
grin The ones standing at the back think they are wise.
Make we laugh cos we don warn them.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by magzey: 1:38pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:
Always pray for the best to yourself and country you have nothing to lose. undecided
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Flows001(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
This one that Covid19 has turned most Nigerians to colourful Ninjas so grin grin It is well oo

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by foreshore(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:

For your village abi
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by letitrainnow(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2020
Lockdown see wetin u don cause.

grin
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by olusma23(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
At least these ones are wearing face-masks, so the risk of transmission is not as high as it would be without the face-masks

Queues have to be managed by security people in order for social distancing to be maintained. There's no excuse for allowing this to happen.

If health workers with their medical kits can contact d virus. forget about all those fake nose mask in that kind close contact

What baffle me is can't these people resolve most of the complain they are coming to bank for online. at least not everyone their are illiterate.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by ensamy(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2020
Herd immunity loading angry grin grin
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by BillionaireTalk: 2:07pm On May 04, 2020
We're not yet ready in this country o
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Ruggedpen: 2:09pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:
If they are able to test a lot of people.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by sebabs2000(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2020
Another one month lockdown loading.......
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Oneday82: 2:18pm On May 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
Gtbank Ogba, opposite WAEC office is currently overcrowded.Many Customers have been waiting to carry out transactions since 7am,some even before. All the ATM are not currently dispensing.

Also major GTB around Ogba and Ifako and Fagba are not opened. Customers have to come from Fagba to this branch in Ogba, yet nobody is being attended to now.

The security men initially gave numbers to customers who want to enter the bank hall but when more people came,the numbers were disregarded because many were in the rush and don't want to wait in line.

Corona virus could easily spread in such scenario as this though almost everyone has face mask on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhnE_TYoOn8

The problem we have in this country is stubbornness. Must you go out today, imagine the crowd on site and same is applied also in other branches.
After they will still blame the government. We are the enemy of ourselves.
As for me and my household, we have retricted visitors from visiting us. One will have to be careful.
Let's just watch and see the confirm cases starting from today.
Stay home for God's sake. Haba
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by sebabs2000(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2020
Another one month lockdown loading
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Alwaysachick: 2:25pm On May 04, 2020
Poor online service from GT I guess
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Seun(m): 2:37pm On May 04, 2020
olusma23:
If health workers with their medical kits can contact d virus. forget about all those fake nose mask in that kind close contact
The situation with health workers is interesting. I believe that most of them are exposed when treating patients who haven’t been confirmed to have the virus. COVID-19 symptoms can be very similar to malaria. By the time they realize what they are dealing with, they are already infected. No person in any hospital should be without a medical mask.

Concerning the Ankara masks. If they only reduce the rate of transmission by say 50%, that is still a big win. I would recommend the use of medical masks by those who can afford them. They are certainly better.

What baffle me is can't these people resolve most of the complain they are coming to bank for online. at least not everyone their are illiterate.
Most of them are there to apply for new ATM cards or to collect the cards they previously applied for. ATM cards can be stolen and do expire.

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by donbrowser(m): 2:44pm On May 04, 2020
Acidosis:

If that branch is not on this list, they will wait in vain. Only 24 branch offices in Lagos state will open today.
This is an unwise move by gtbank. People will migrate to nearer branches opened which will result to overcrowding.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Seun(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't think the few security personnel at the bank branch can handle such crowd
They can’t control such a crowd with that defeatist attitude!

I can assure you that, once it is made clear to the customers that they cannot get into the bank if they don’t listen to the security personnel, they will cooperate. Human behavior is much the same all over the world. Rules will be obeyed when they are enforced.

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Kamil83(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2020
Nawa o, but people are complaining that they dont have money, so what are they doing at bank
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Iscoalarcon: 3:16pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:

ogaa seun if you don't mind please how many likes and shares have you gathered on this forum so far I am just curious
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Smug4real(m): 3:18pm On May 04, 2020
The place look more like a market square.
Hmmmmmm ...coro I beg u; no reach there o
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by maasoap(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2020
Grace001:
Some people are there because of their 3k the bank has refuse to reverse. Why not stay at home if you don’t have any important things to do out there.

Some are there for less important transaction

You're correct. Otherwise, what are they looking for inside the banking hall?
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by mzhazel(f): 3:38pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
Every safety tool can be said to give people a false sense of protection. Seat belts. Condoms. Motorcycle helmets. People who oppose safety tools always use that as an excuse. The reality is that the danger of false confidence in a safety tool pales in comparison to the danger of having no protection at all. This is why people should wear seat belts, condoms, helmets, and face-masks. Asians wear face masks and the imaginary false confidence hasn’t stopped it from helping them. Doctors wear it too. People are smart enough to understand that face-masks, just like seatbelts, helmets, and condoms, do not offer complete protection.
I don't oppose safety tools. All I'm saying is for people not to use one safety tool while ignoring other safety measures.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by YINKS89(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2020
tciro:
Then the management needs to improvise to make sure they get the 1.5 meter space cos health is more important or if is to open more branches or extend the banking hours by running two shifts if possible just to reduce the crowd as for now

they can't do extra hours coz of curfew... Moreover it would be dangerous ones the time passes 5pm .. hunger is still in town remember and people can get robbed just by those guys knowing you went to bank
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
They can’t control such a crowd with that defeatist attitude!

I can assure you that, once it is made clear to the customers that they cannot get into the bank if they don’t listen to the security personnel, they will cooperate. Human behavior is much the same all over the world. Rules will be obeyed when they are enforced.
The emboldened is so true
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
Gtbank Ogba, opposite WAEC office is currently overcrowded.Many Customers have been waiting to carry out transactions since 7am,some even before. All the ATM are not currently dispensing.

Also major GTB around Ogba and Ifako and Fagba are not opened. Customers have to come from Fagba to this branch in Ogba, yet nobody is being attended to now.

The security men initially gave numbers to customers who want to enter the bank hall but when more people came,the numbers were disregarded because many were in the rush and don't want to wait in line.

Corona virus could easily spread in such scenario as this though almost everyone has face mask on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhnE_TYoOn8

Walahi social distance disregard, the way they stand asiv coro no dey, lock down Na bastard, hunger Na bastard oo

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 04, 2020
GT bank has few branches, they never invest in branches, if Lagos branches can be this congested, how will states like cross river be, only 1 branch there.

My condolence to Lagos customers, they are guaranteed tortured customers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.