Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Scam Statistics From NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Scam Statistics From NBS (8582 Views)

Peter OBI Showing Lawyers At NBA Conference Where He Gets His Statistics From / Sanusi: Nigeria Throwing Away Millions Of Dollars In The Scam Called Subsidy / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by FlyoruB: 6:13pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

My issue is not even which region have the lowest ratio...cos I know south south has the least poor people ...but to say south east 42% ...I would bet my B.Engr certificate ...it is impossible

Nearly 1 in 2 igbo survive by less than 700 naira a day ...SMH make una go sleep

Do u even know the GDP/ capital of igbos ?

Guy, you are free to reject the stats, doesn't change nada. Your rejection or otherwise doesn't change anything. Igbos are known to believe the most preposterous things anyway. Go ask Kanu's worshippers if in doubt.

14 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:13pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

My issue is not even which region have the lowest ratio...cos I know south south has the least poor people ...but to say south east 42% ...I would bet my B.Engr certificate ...it is impossible

Nearly 1 in 2 igbo survive by less than 700 naira a day ...SMH make una go sleep

Do u even know the GDP/ capital of igbos ?

Oya tell us the capital GDP of Igbos cheesy

An average Igbo is a millionaire?? cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by pazienza(m): 6:16pm On May 04, 2020
OP, this type of stats is nothing to tear pants about.
Like Osun mythical GDP of those years, it will implode on itself still, because it's not built on any fact.
Enugu state 50% poverty rate? The same Enugu I am currently at or another one?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by helinues: 6:18pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:
OP, this type of stats is nothing to tear pants about.
Like Osun mythical GDP of those years, it will implode on itself still, because it's not built on any fact.
Enugu state 50% poverty rate? The same Enugu I am currently at or another one?

Don't mind them.

NBS sent Dogonyaro and Adebisi to conduct the SE poll

9 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

https://www.jica.go.jp › nig_02PDF
Federal Republic of Nigeria - JICA

And

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/103491483646246005/pdf/ACS19141-REVISED-PUBLIC-Pov-assessment-final.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJ1LyR15rpAhVLXBoKHagYDzgQFjANegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw0i1IsHEcCuXDmuf941qJ-1

Do you want more ?

I have always told the Yorubas to re-validate any statement from Igbo. Based on the second link you posted which showed the World bank computation of Poverty headcount in the six geo-political zone of Nigeria. The SW has the lowest Poverty headcount and a better socio-economic metrics than any zone.

--First Image: Poverty Headcount Ratio by zone 2004,2014

--Second Image: Number of poor by zone (Note: This is by number and most times depend on population. India will have high number of poor people than Nigeria, but that might not mean India is poorer by percentage) Even in this SW had the lowest number in 2013.
To understand this better, you can see the North East has a lower number of poor people in that stat than even the SW but when you see the percentage metrics you will see NE has lot of poverty.

--Third Image: Middle-Class Households by zone 2004,2013
This showed the SW had the highest middle class in Nigeria than any other zone by percentage

--Fourth Image: Dynamic Poverty Profile by zone 2011-2013
The SW has the lowest number of chronic poor, Transient, and the Highest non-poor people in Nigeria.

Mrvitalis, I am using your own data that you provided and according to World Bank, the SW has the best metrics than any other region and this is not from Yemi Kale. Do you think we won't re-validate the link you posted? Don't ever try to play smart on me coz I always re-verify.

Can you now cover your eyes in Shame?

Source:http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/103491483646246005/pdf/ACS19141-REVISED-PUBLIC-Pov-assessment-final.pdf

CC: Sammy07 totit FlyoruB

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by omonnakoda: 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
Firstly taken statistic from a sample of 21,000 people is stupid even for a primary school drop out when u are talking about state for 200 million people

Secondly its on record that the world bank said 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north ....and NBS are saying 42% of South east is poor ? And 22%of south south is poor

No one who has traveled to the South east would accept that almost 1 in 2 people make less than 2 dollars a day ....even farm workers the lowest in the south east earn more

Honestly during my foolish support of buhari I realised the hatred of yorubas towards igbos ...compare other years NBS stats when a none Yoruba was head and compare today ...

That stat is nothing but a display of hatred ....thank goodness the world Bank stats are independent and valid now let's compare

On this thread you can see how Eboes love Yoruba

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

8 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:25pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I have always told the Yorubas to re-validate any statement from Igbo. Based on the second link you posted which showed the World bank computation of Poverty headcount in the six geo-political zone of Nigeria. The SW has the lowest Poverty headcount.

--Second Image: Number of poor by zone (Note: This is by number and most times depend on population. India will have high number of poor people than Nigeria, but that might not mean India is poorer by percentage) Even in this SW had the lowest number in 2013.
To understand this better, you can see the North East has a lower number of poor people in that stat than even the SW but when you see the percentage metrics you will see NE has lot of poverty.

This showed the SW had the highest middle class in Nigeria than any other zone by percentage

The SW has the lowest number of chronic poor, Transient, and the Highest non-poor people in Nigeria.

I am using your own data that you provided and according to World Bank, the SW has the best metrics than any other region and this is not from Yemi Kale. Do you think we won't re-validate the link you posted? Don't ever try to play smart on me coz I always re-verify.

Source:http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/103491483646246005/pdf/ACS19141-REVISED-PUBLIC-Pov-assessment-final.pdf

CC: Sammy07 totit

Weldone, bro!

Another one by the international body ;

https://www.nairaland.com/3108722/2016-united-nations-human-development

grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
And yet, another one;

https://mppn.org/nigeria-national-mpi/

My verdict ;

Ibos or SE should just accept they are poor and that they need urgent intervention and help.
cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
Can they all be wrong?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by princdebola201(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I have always told the Yorubas to re-validate any statement from Igbo. Based on the second link you posted which showed the World bank computation of Poverty headcount in the six geo-political zone of Nigeria. The SW has the lowest Poverty headcount.

Mrvitalis, I am using your own data that you provided and according to World Bank, the SW has the best metrics than any other region and this is not from Yemi Kale. Do you think we won't re-validate the link you posted? Don't ever try to play smart on me coz I always re-verify.

mrvitalis scored beautiful own goal

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:28pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Haha.
Busted grin

Seriously I'm currently in town, no time to check his link

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

the

My own qualms with Kale's statistics is the "claim" that Enugu has 58% of its Population living beneath the poverty line. Statistics should always allign with reality especially when the reality is very obvious. I lived in Enugu so I know what I am saying. Even the rural dwellers in Enugu live well above the poverty line so I do not know where Kale got his facts from. World bank released a highly different report about poverty in Nigeria in February. Between NBS and World Bank who do we support?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
princdebola201:
mrvitalis scored beautiful own goal

Lmao. cool

10 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
totit:

Welcome, bro!

Another one by the international body ;

https://www.nairaland.com/3108722/2016-united-nations-human-development

grin

What amazes me is that he was the one that provided the source and yet he still lied about what it contained.

His trick is that we won't re-validate it and we will just accept it like that.

This is what he said below while defending the source.

mrvitalis do you how accept that the SW has the lowest Poverty Metrics and better socio-economic data than the SE based on your Worldbank source? WIll you apologize for opening this disgraceful thread and stop crying over petty things?

I want a Yes or No answer?

mrvitalis:

You are asking me how world Bank conduct research ? A whole world Bank ...bro go n sleep

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by ThePrima: 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
Stats or no stats, there are poor people everywhere; saying a particular region is the least poor would not put food on the table of poor people in that region.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by omonnakoda: 6:33pm On May 04, 2020
All the time they open foolish threads and end up getting disgraced

15 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:34pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

What amazes me is that he was the one that provided the source and yet he still lied about what it contained.

mrvitalis do you how accept that the SW has the lowest Poverty Metrics and better socio-economic data than the SE based on your Worldbank source? WIll you apologize for opening this disgraceful thread and stop crying over petty things?

grin grin grin

Oya come, apologize to LegendHero now.

Just say, sorry sir legendH, you are my master cool grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by jcross19: 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I will be uploading them one by one from NBS website.

This is 2003-2004 and 2009-2010 report.

In 2003-2004, Oyo was estimated to have the lowest poverty rate (38%) while Jigawa had the highest (95.3%). In 2009- 2010, Osun State had the lowest poverty rate (37.5%) and Jigawa remained the highest (88.5%). The greatest progress in poverty reduction between the two surveys was in Lagos State, which reduced from a 69.4% rate in 2003-2004 to 40.3% in 2009-2010.

SW thrashed the SE during those years

Source: NBS
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=poverty
you no get sense!!! you are pointing at osun state abj ekiti, Oyo, ondo even Almighty Ogun are not part of south west? because am seeing 37.8% compare to Almighty Ogun with 57.5%? are you blind?.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by NGpatriot: 6:37pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
u want more ?

I don't know where you pulled your fake non NBS rubbish from, but this is the real stats from NBS in 2013.

The SW actually did better than your SE village.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 6:39pm On May 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:
the

My own qualms with Kale's statistics is the "claim" that Enugu has 58% of its Population living beneath the poverty line. Statistics should always allign with reality especially when the reality is very obvious. I lived in Enugu so I know what I am saying. Even the rural dwellers in Enugu live well above the poverty line so I do not know where Kale got his facts from. World bank released a highly different report about poverty in Nigeria in February. Between NBS and World Bank who do we support?

World bank report released in February also clearly showed that the South West has the lowest poverty metrics in the whole country.

Let us take it one after the other and not mix things up. Have you gone through the NBS report and see how they define each terms they use and what they did to reach their conclusion? Statistics is not about your personal experience alone.

World Bank, Oxford University, and NBS cannot all be lying at the same time. It may be because you guys always attribute false belief of your true might and that has created some illusion of being rich. All of those sources cannot be mad at the same time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by omonnakoda: 6:40pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I checked the link from the World Bank on page 42 it says

Poverty is clearly concentrated along a belt that covers the north and moves along to the
eastern part of the country.

So please help me because I don't know book

Are they saying Eboes have Conc Poverty?

15 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by NGpatriot: 6:43pm On May 04, 2020
jcross19:
you no get sense!!! you are pointing at osun state abj ekiti, Oyo, ondo even Almighty Ogun are not part of south west? because am seeing 37.8% compare to Almighty Ogun with 57.5%? are you blind?.

Very mute and totally redundant point.

Almighty Ogun today is @ number 4/lowest with 5 SW states among the top 10, only one state from the SE show face.

10 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I have always told the Yorubas to re-validate any statement from Igbo. Based on the second link you posted which showed the World bank computation of Poverty headcount in the six geo-political zone of Nigeria. The SW has the lowest Poverty headcount and a better socio-economic metrics than any zone.

You actually failed to get the point I was making ...compare that result to the result u posted do they aligned ?

What are u even saying

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by MetaPhysical: 6:44pm On May 04, 2020
totit:
And yet, another one;

https://mppn.org/nigeria-national-mpi/

My verdict ;

Ibos or SE should just accept they are poor and that they need urgent intervention and help.
cool

Totit, kaaii! This is too direct. It can make them feel marginalized now. grin

Give a soft punch next time. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by FlyoruB: 6:45pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Bro, na their way. I used to be very gung-ho about refuting every one of their lies but at some point I just had to relax after realizing that upon all their chest-beating, the reality on ground remains constant. undecided I came to the conclusion that their loss of the civil war really messed up their sense of self-worth, hence their nagging need to constantly revalidate their self-esteem by embellishing and exaggerating their achievements while deriding others. That motivation causes them to twist facts in their desperation to project a false superiority. But like I said, nothing has changed after all these years of attempting to demarket the Yorubas in order to make themselves look better than they actually are. They are still the ones rushing us. undecided. Upon all, they are still leaving their 'most developed' region (with all its mansions) in droves to come and hustle in 'brown roof Republic' cheesy. Ain't that something? Nobody except they themselves believe their hype.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by jcross19: 6:45pm On May 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

Very mute and totally redundant point.

Almighty Ogun today is @ number 4/lowest with 5 SW states among the top 10, only one state from the SE show face.
see another goat!!!!! I was responding to the record from 2003 to 2013.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by helinues: 6:47pm On May 04, 2020
You Yoruba people are wicked.. See as how you finished op with facts.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Bros why are you being clever but half

This is the full page u cropped up the half ...u no just get sense

That's not even my point

My point is there is absolutely no way South West can have 12% and south east have 42% it's not possible ...it goes against all the existing data online completely it's impossible

South east and south south have always been neck in neck ...even tho most rich igbos stay outside south east

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by omonnakoda: 6:47pm On May 04, 2020
No wonder they are so motivated and sprightly when running in Lagos traffic selling Gala

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by MetaPhysical: 6:48pm On May 04, 2020
omonnakoda:

I checked the link from the World Bank on page 42 it says

Poverty is clearly concentrated along a belt that covers the north and moves along to the
eastern part of the country.

So please help me because I don't know book

Are they saying Eboes have Conc Poverty?

You and Legend are wickedt. Wallahi! grin

Mrvitalis, go break your fast. No mind dem abeg.

Ibo kwenu!

Ibo no dey carry last.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:49pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Whenever Yorubas unite to deal with Igbo, it usually ends in fatality for Igbos grin. grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by MetaPhysical: 6:50pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Im telling you....in his own thread. See as they treat am like rag doll.

...and na Ibo muslim, hin dey fast. Dem no pity am. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brass Petroleum And Gas Project To Be Completed By Q1 2027 / Senate Mandates FG To Reconstruct Bad Roads, Provide Ambulances / Spot The Difference Between Buhari And Jubril(fake Buhari) - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.