Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,341 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders (42478 Views)

Guinness To Cease Sale Of Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Singleton And Other Diageo Pr / 3000 Nigerian Bartenders Receive Care Packages As Relief Support From Guinness / Out-of-work Bars/bartenders Nationwide To Receive Awe-inspiring Support Packages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by gistgirl0: 6:15pm On May 04, 2020
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, has announced plans to to help support bar owners as coronavirus lockdown persists.

Guinness said it will be offering support to bartenders and bar owners whose means of livelihood have been crushed during this difficult time.

The drinks company made the disclosure in a response to a Twitter user's experience at his favourite hangout spots.

"Your story got our attention. Papa is one of the many members of our bar community. We have been working on a way to support them during this difficult time,"
Guinness tweeted.
https://twitter.com/GuinnessNGR/status/1256993954630905860

The Twitter user, @OmoGbajaBiamila, had earlier shared his bar experience in a bar owner at Ago Iwoye, Mini Campus Road, OOU, while enjoying a night out with close friends.

@Omogbajabiamila’s story highlights how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting some other sectors of the countries which is not getting close attention.

This talk about Nigerians bars is probably one of the funniest things I love about the country.

For real the crazy things that happen at bars in Nigeria cannot happen elsewhere in the world.

Na pure cruise abeg!
It reminds me of one time I was at a hangout with some of my friends and we were at this bar. It wasn't much of a big bar but the beer was always chilled and that is the entire point.

If beer no cold, kini koko?
This particular bar ehn, "Papa" is what we call the man who owned it. He was in his 60s or so. He was his own barman, waiter, cashier.

In fact, he was the everything of the bar except when his son Nonso comes around to help hi
Well, that night started out well. It was supposed to be a light hangout.

Just food and beer over discussions about everything and anything. Nothing serious, just bants!

The hangout was so interesting that we literally forgot ourselves at the bar. We just de can't de go.

Omo, it was at a point that someone checked the time and we discovered that it was almost 10.30PM...

Haaaa! Aa ni si beer mu oooo...
It was already late in the night but forget it, the gist and bants were extra mad and we didn't even bother until Papa came and told us he wants to close at 11.00PM.

Ok, 11 PM is not a bad idea, make we do 30 minutes more.

Then we go home... Abi na?
So, we all decided to do the regular men's signature "one for the road".

LMFAOOOOOoooooo... Na so "one for the road" turn something else.

That is when you'll be hearing things like "Haffa, je ka sare se one one si..."

Of course, being the voice of reasoning, I suggested that we should go home, probably buy a few bottles and then go continue at home.

But you see my guys ehn, they disagreed.

"Ogbeni, we never ready..."

Haaaaaa, ni 11.00 PM? what kind of friends are these, Olorun?

Make we de go house naaaau... Dem nor gree!

There is something about bars that you're used to. I'm sorry to say this but it actually does feel like home.
We were there until the owner of the bar had to do the needful.

"Errrrr... Guys, I wan close ooo... Make una clear bill make I lock shop...", Papa was getting tired and impatient.

I heaved a sigh of relief... Finally, we can go home.

The Bar:

[img]https://threadreaders.com/thread/1256948182438772740[/img]

Papa was already packing his stuff and asking us to leave but these guys won't even answer.

Guess what he man did next
This man dropped the keys to the bar on our table, and said "When una finish, put all the bottles in that crate, off the lights and lock my doors. Tomorrow morning, I will calculate your bill and give you... I de go house!"

He entered his bus, and drove off.

LMFAOOOOOOoooooo... This man left us there in the bar and went home.

I have never seen this kind of thing before in my life. Only in Nigeria TBH!
Children of God, long and short of the story, we locked the bar at 3.00AM because the gist just kept flowing.

Person just suppose de chill somewhere now but this COVID just come spoil everything.

Those things we took for granted have now become a luxury.
I can't even begin to imagine how much this lockdown is affecting someone like Papa.

Na make God just dey help us... K’olorun s’aanu because I can't wait for them to open outside again.

Once they open the outside like this lasaaaaaaaaaaan...

This would be me, at @KejeGrill

https://twitter.com/OmoGbajaBiamila/status/1256948182438772740

https://threadreaders.com/thread/1256948182438772740

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by bigiyaro(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2020
where's the story?

4 Likes

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2020
From Tales By Moonlight
To
Lies By Moonlight shocked shocked

#TwitterLies

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Slawormir: 9:53pm On May 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Miss my favourite bar
Irex bar opposite Uniben main gate
Play house in okhoro
Rich more bar for sapele road Benin
First bar

Make this Corona viruse end joor
Nothing separates me from my bottles

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Offpoint: 9:53pm On May 04, 2020
Thread for the bottle lovers...

And that was how God picked papa nonso call.

I'm grateful for the kind of man I am.
No smoking
No drinking
No womanising
Zero friend
Zero neighbor relationship
No football watching
No computer games

Spent my life either on the computer screen or the woods listening to nature.

When I die trees and birds will miss me

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by KingsleyA2(m): 9:53pm On May 04, 2020
Front page so soon.......kai
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by OBTMOS(m): 9:53pm On May 04, 2020
B
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by spafu(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2020
If k

2 Likes

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by McBrooklyn(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2020
Damn... I can recall reading this tweet on Facebook the other night

No publicity is bad publicity after all.. A single tweet can change someone's life forever these days.. Nowadays, you can never underestimate the power of the Internet cool

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Spectaclesawe25: 9:54pm On May 04, 2020
Make sense
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2020
Still serving
�110%
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by daniska3yaro(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Janewrites(f): 9:55pm On May 04, 2020
Ahh great read.

1 Like

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by fatymore(f): 9:55pm On May 04, 2020
WHO is gonna support my ministry
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Anoke1: 9:55pm On May 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by starbuck(f): 9:56pm On May 04, 2020
Comprehension is hard lass lass

1 Like

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Toxay(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2020
Very funny story but inspirational

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 04, 2020
crazy story
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by deavicky(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2020
I will come back
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Olayinka8793(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2020
Whether real or fake, kudos to whoever wrote it.
Quiet a good read.

9 Likes

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Dasshboard(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2020
Interesting
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Starman007: 10:00pm On May 04, 2020
it's nice that Guiness will help him and others......
come to think of it there are still many small scale entrepreneurs slowly dying due to this Corona hunger games...
well just a matter of time...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by SocialJustice: 10:00pm On May 04, 2020
Nice one from Guinness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by chuks34(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2020
I don miss balling even if I no dey drink pass two bottles lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 04, 2020
bigiyaro:
where's the story?
Learn to read . Hogwash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by GamalNasser: 10:02pm On May 04, 2020
I don't know why I feel this whole thing is a marketing gig arranged by Guinness from the onset

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by bennyblings(m): 10:02pm On May 04, 2020
Babuu corona
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Jumlek2411: 10:03pm On May 04, 2020
Am happy for him
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Janewrites(f): 10:03pm On May 04, 2020
Great read I must say.
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by alizma: 10:03pm On May 04, 2020
Great jist
Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by Kendumazy(m): 10:04pm On May 04, 2020
Nice one. Goldberg too is a wonderful brand. Especially when it's chilled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders by aboyaji(m): 10:04pm On May 04, 2020
A very interesting and funny story. Now, I feel like hanging out soon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / $300M BUA Sugar Factory In Kwara Is Nearing Completion. PHOTOS / The Ultimate Guide To Selling Your Imported Goods On Konga Marketplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.